Let The Daddies Do Their Jobs

Stubborn Hearts

 

“That’s the car, Miss Dara,” Mr. Lee said. I found out that Jiyong’s working as a driver of a politician’s daughter. I heard he was trying to uncover the politician’s dirty secrets.
 
DAUGHTER! A girl! I was currently in the car, in front of the school of the politician’s DAUGHTER. I didn’t bother knowing her name. I’m freakingly not interested.
 
I saw Jiyong stepped off the car, wearing a suit and dark sunglasses. My heart automatically did a somersault, making me hold on to my seat. God! I so want to run to him and hug him and kiss him and. . . Aish! I saw him went round to the backseat, pulled open the door and assisted the GIRL. I hissed as I saw the girl squeezed his hand. The nerve! She’s not even beautiful! She’s nothing compared to me! Oh no, not even close! Nothing! And dang it, she even batted her eyelashes at him! That’s just so disgusting! Gross!!!
 
And heck, did I just saw HIS lips twitched? Is he smiling?!? He’s supposed to be a robot boy! Why is he acting like this? This cannot be! He should just smile when I’m around and- wait! But I am AROUND. Does he know that I’m here? But that’s impossible! I stopped my train of thoughts when I saw him escorted the girl inside the campus.
 
Eh?
 
What was that? How come he escorts her inside? When he was MY driver, he never did that! Uh! He is dead! I balled my fists and stepped out of the car.
 
 
Later. . .
 
I can’t believe I stooped to being a stalker! Grr!
 
It was lunchtime. I gathered all of my courage and looked for HIM in the cafeteria. I saw him standing behind the GIRL. There were other girls on the same table – giggling and giving Jiyong shy glances. Oh, I am so in a rage right now. I marched angrily towards the table, my eyes never leaving the stupid pest. He wasn’t looking at me first because he was looking around, but then, his head stopped at my direction. Eventhough I can’t see his eyes, I know he saw me. I stopped in front of him, grabbed his tie and pulled his face down on mine, letting our lips meet. My other hand went to grip his hair.
 
I broke the kiss a while later. I did the first move again. But at least he didn’t pull back before I could. It was pretty quick but it was a quick POSSESSIVE kiss. Yeah, I’m marking my territory. I turned down at the girls at the table and glared at all of them. “He’s mine!” I gritted and growled at the same time.
 
With his tie still on my grasp, I started pulling the pest with me. I didn’t say anything, he didn’t say anything either. When we were out of the cafeteria, I let his tie go and faced him. “What the hell was that?!” I snapped.
 
“Why are you here, Dara?” he asked wearily. I fumed. Isn’t he even happy to see me? And now, all of a sudden, it’s just Dara? Just plain DARA?
 
“That girl isn’t even beautiful!” I said instead.
 
“I’m going back,” he said and started turning around.
 
“Wait!” I blurted out.
 
He faced me again. “What do you want? Get on it already.”
 
I bit my lower lip. Why can’t I say those three words? Dang it Dara, just say it! But wait, I’m a girl! Boys should be the one saying the ‘I love you’ words first. “I. . . I . . .” I stammered. “I want you back as my driver,” I said instead.
 
He smirked. “Operation Kitten is long over. Go home, you’re just wasting your time.”
 
How many times did he reject me already? And yet, I still don’t learn my lesson. Maybe he doesn’t feel as strongly as I feel. Maybe everyone’s wrong about his feelings, about his supposed feelings for me.
 
~o~
 
Oh yeah, I’m back to sulking . . . and crying . . . and all locked up in my room. Until one day, I asked Dad for a vacation. Anywhere would do, I told him. And he agreed. He must’ve seen how distraught I was. So I packed my bags and travelled with Dad and Mr. Kwon using our yacht. Dad said we’re going to this island somewhere West, I didn’t ask for details. I just want to get away from the house.
 
As we neared the island, we stopped and transferred to a little boat. Mr. Kwon started the machine of the little boat and off we went to the island. “This is nice,” I mumbled to myself as I went inside the two-storey house.
 
“Your room’s upstairs, last door,” Dad informed me. I just nodded. I was on my way up when I heard a voice downstairs, a very familiar voice that makes me go all tingly.
 
“Appa, why did you ask to meet here? Oh, by the way, I cooked something for. . .”
 
I went back downstairs. “YOU?! What are you doing here?!” I screamed.
 
“And what are you also doing here? On MY island?”
 
“Your island?!” I echoed then looked at Dad accusingly. “AAARRGGGHH! I wanna go home now! I don’t want to stay here!”
 
“Uhm Jiyong, what did you cook?” Mr. Kwon asked, pulling his son with him.
 
“DAD! YOU SET ME UP?! HOW COULD YOU?! YOU KNOW VERY WELL HOW MUCH I. . . UGH! I WANNA GO HOME NOW! NOOWW!!!”
 
“We just got here, Dara.”
 
“BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE HIM COME HERE?!”
 
“I just thought maybe. . . it’ll be good if you two have a talk,” he mumbled.
 
“I don’t want to talk to him! I’m done talking to him!”
 
“We won’t leave unless you two have a serious chat and you’ve sorted things out.”
 
I stared disbelievingly at him. I shook my head and ran off to my designated room.
 
~o~
 
AUTHOR’s POV
 
She refused to eat.
 
Well, at least in front of them. She would sneak off every night to the kitchen and grab something to eat in her room. She refused to talk to any of them either.
 
She decided to have a stroll outside. When she stepped out of the house, she immediately saw HIM, sitting on a bench. She balled her fists and ignored him. But she wasn’t able to stop herself. She was near the shore when she suddenly turned around and stomped her way towards him. “Why don’t you just leave? You know how to run a boat. If I know how to run a boat, I’ll be out of here in just a blink of an eye!”
 
“Why don’t you ask your DADDY to get you home?” he retorted.
 
“I already did! But he won’t listen!”
 
“Yeah, right!” he snorted. “Why don’t you just use your suicide or hunger strike threats? You always do that to get what you want.”
 
She turned red. She already changed. She doesn’t do those things anymore. “And why don’t you leave this island, too? You don’t really want Ms. Daughter of the Politician miss you, do you?”
 
“Jeez. Why do you sound so much like a jealous girlfriend?”
 
“I’m not jealous! Why would I be jealous? She’s not even pretty!” she fired back.
 
What a big LIAR she is.
 
“Then mind your own business,” he waved off, slumping on his seat.
 
“I hate you!” she breathed.
 
“That’s so old news already. Go find a new line,” he grimaced.
 
Slap.
 
He stood up, right cheek turning red, eyes blazing. “What the hell was that for?!” he rounded on her.
 
“That’s for you being stupid and mean and insensitive and for being a pest!” she shouted at him, angry tears welling up at the corners of her eyes.
 
“What do you call yourself then?! FYI, Your Highness, but you’re stupid, mean, insensitive and a brat times two!”
 
“Yeah, maybe you’re right about me being stupid because no matter what I do, I always find myself missing you! And I’m probably the most stupid girl for falling in love with you but I’m not insensitive! You are!” she burst out angrily.
 
“Huh! You’re calling me insensitive? Do you even know that I love you? No! Because you’re too insensitive, numb and dumb!”
 
“Dumb?! You calling me dumb?”
 
“Yes, I am calling you DUMB! If you were intelligent enough, you would have realized how much I love you, you stupid girl!” he shouted back.
 
“Well, you’re dumber! Because if you were intelligent enough, too, you would have realized how much I love you too, you fool! But no! Because you’re flirting with that politician’s daughter! And if you think I’m going to beg you on my knees to stay with me, I won’t! That won’t happen again! In your dreams! I would never degrade and stoop that low!” she ranted. “And I will never do the first move again!”
 
“Huh! Suit yourself. The hell I care. If you think I’ll go on my knees too and ask you to stay with me, in your dreams, too! I won’t stoop that low either, especially to you!”
 
“Fine!” she snapped.
 
“Fine!” he snapped back.
 
And they walked away, taking opposite directions.
 
Meanwhile, on the second floor, on a window, a man was peering. “I think it’s time to leave,” Mr. Park said, watching his daughter walked away.
 
“When they’re sleeping,” Mr. Kwon said, which was answered with a nod by the other.
 
“These two are nut jobs,” Mr. Park said, shaking his head.
 
“Pretty stubborn and proud,” the other answered.
 
“Yeah, I wonder where they inherited those traits?” the former asked, voice full of amusement. Then, they shared a hushed round of laughter.
 
 
Later. . .
 
“You look worried,” Mr. Park noticed. They were already sailing away. “I trust Jiyong, you know. You don’t have to worry for Dara.”
 
“I’m not worried about Dara. I’m more worried of what your daughter would do to my son.”
 
The girl’s father barked a laugh. “Yeah, she’s such a small thing but highly dangerous.”
 
A moment of silence passed between them.
 
“How long do you think they can make it?”
 
“Knowing your daughter, pretty soon.”
 
They both laughed again.
 
“Boy or a girl? Which do you think they’ll have first?”
 
“It would be a girl.”
 
“Wanna make a bet?”
 
A grin curved the lips of the other man. “You’re gonna lose big time.”
 
 
The following morning. . .
 
Jiyong woke up and saw a note beside him. He choked as he finished reading it. In a blink of an eye, he was already running downstairs then outside.
 
No boats. The yacht was gone.
 
There’s no way he could leave the island now.
 
END AUTHOR’S POV
 
 
I yawned out loud, stretched lazily before opening my eyes. I went to get the shower at once. When I was done, I put on a robe and started drying my hair with a towel. I stepped back into the room. That’s when I noticed a paper neatly folded on my bedside table.
 
Frowning, I went to find out about it. As I unfolded it, I found out it was from Dad.
 
I dropped myself on the bed after reading it. Oh my God! I can’t believe this! I am so not reading this! This isn’t happening! He’s supposed to be my father, for Pete’s sake! He should be more concerned of me to graduate WHOLE. But no, he doesn’t want that. The letter clearly says, I have to get pregnant. And Jiyong should be the father. He said I won’t get out of this island if I don’t get myself pregnant.
 
I went out of my room, wanting him to read the letter. But he was not in his room or the kitchen or any part of the house. I went outside and saw him standing by the shore, hands on his waist. “Ya!” I called. He didn’t turn around but I still walked towards him. “I got a letter from Dad” I said, blushing.
 
“I received one myself,” he said.
 
“Oh. So what does it say?” I asked. He gave me his letter and it’s much the same with mine. I turned even redder than before.
 
I cleared my throat awkwardly. “So what are we going to do now?”
 
“Nothing,” he gritted. “I’m going to think of a way to get out of here.”
 
I gaped at him. “Are you. . . are you refusing ME?!?”
 
He just scowled in response and headed back towards the house.
 
~o~
 
We’re still not on good terms. We hardly speak to each other, actually. I started being difficult – skipping meals; sometimes I don’t even eat for a whole day. I won’t ever talk to him again. I always end up hurting myself.
 
I decided to take a swim in the pool. I put on a two-piece white bikini. After putting a sunblock on, I dived into the pool.
 
“Lunch is ready.”
 
I almost screamed in surprise when I heard his voice. I don’t like it when he’s being sneaky. But I ignored him.
 
“Dara, you have to eat.”
 
Oh, so it’s still DARA, huh? I ignored him more. I went to the far end of the pool, far away from him. I took a moment of rest when I suddenly saw him stripping off.
 
Oh DEAR.
 
He removed his shirt first and threw it carelessly aside. He unbuckled his belt next. I started feeling tingly all over. Oh dear. Then, I watched his hand his pants. Dang it! What’s taking him so long in removing his pants? Aish! After like centuries, he was now pulling his pants completely off him and dived into the pool. After just a few , he emerged in front of me.
 
Heart – starting to collapse.
 
Mind – whirling.
 
Hormones – heightening up.
 
Mouth – salivating.
 
“Why won’t you eat?” he asked with all seriousness.
 
“Why would I? I’m going to be stuck in this place anyway, there’s no use in prolonging the agony.”
 
“You’re starving yourself just because I refused to have with you?”
 
I felt myself flushed at that. “It’s not !”
 
“What is it then?” he asked impatiently.
 
“It’s. . . it’s lovemaking!” I mumbled shyly. “At least on my part.”
 
I saw anger flashed his eyes. I suddenly felt his hands gripped my wrist tightly. He pulled me out of the pool and started heading towards the forest. I tried struggling of course but I didn’t really try THAT HARD. I love being with him no matter what mood he’s in but since I’m a girl, I’m entitled to play hard to get sometimes.
 
“Ya! Let me go!’ I said, mustering an angry voice but deep inside, every nerve of my body was singing, rejoicing. Out of all the giddiness I’m in, I think I heard him say, “never”.
 
And then, I started hearing something very familiar. And then, there it was. A waterfall. What is it with Jiyong and his obvious admiration of waterfalls? “Now what, we’re going to do some diving again?” I sarcastically voiced out.
 
“There’s a cave behind the falls.”
 
“Wow! Great! A cave! So you pulled me here to explore some cave?” I said every word with sarcasm. Okay, I’m just trying to hide my nervousness. I squealed as I felt him scoop me up.
 
“The way to the cave is pretty narrow and slippery,” he explained.
 
“Whatever.”
 
Well, he was telling the truth. I wouldn’t be able to go to the cave on my own. He settled me down on my feet as we reached the cave. “Now what?” I burst out and jumped as I heard my voice echoed seven times.
 
“Nice acoustics, eh?” he chuckled, his voice echoing seven times, too.
 
“Yeah, yeah. Why don’t you go explore your cave? I’ll just stay here.”
 
“Actually,” he paused, “I’m thinking of exploring a different cave.”
 
“A different cave?!” my voice notched, the word ‘cave’ went back to me ten times this time.
 
“Only one,” he smiled.
 
I frowned at him. Is he playing with me? “What are you-?”
 
“I was talking about this,” he cut me off, cupped my face and kissed me.