Hatred At Its Highest Peak

Stubborn Hearts

 

True to what I agreed with Hyuna, I pretended to be “not-so-friends” with them in school. The problem was, the whole Jiyong-rejected-Sandara thing hasn't died down yet. And now that I'm pretending not to be friends with Hyuna and the girls, I'm having a hard time to find a spot in the cafeteria. I know I can go eat in a restaurant but the thing is, the driver's still on leave and since the pest drove the both of us to school, I can't possibly go ask him to drive me to a restaurant, can I? And besides, I doubt if he'll agree.
 
Oh! Wait! Maybe I could just take a cab? Oh, yes, that's right! But, if I really am going to take a cab, I have to walk a few distance from school since the cabs don't usually pass by here since most of the students have their own cars and stuff. Ugh! I can't possibly walk while the sun is high up, right?
 
“Hey, wild cat! What are you doing standing in the middle of nowhere?”
 
Kyak! It's the pest again! I turned to face him, fuming. “MYOB, you pest! And in case you don't know what that means, then let me translate it to you: Mind.Your.Own.Business!”
 
He started walking towards me.
 
“Don't go near me!” I said.
 
“So, where are your friends, huh?” he smiled.
 
“We're having a cool-off,” I answered.
 
“A cool-off?” he chortled then shook his head. “If you say so,” he finished and turned to leave. After two or three steps, he stopped. “There's a vacant seat in our table, you're free to join us.”
 
“I would never join a table occupied by people like you! I-”
 
He went back to me and wrapped his arm on my neck, strangling me a little actually, and started pulling me with him.
 
“Let go of me, you pest! I told you I don't want to-”
 
“If you don't shut up, I'm going to kiss you,” he threatened, making me shut up. What is he up to now? Why is he acting so weird? Ha! I know he's up to no good, I don't really believe he's capable of being kind especially to me. We reached a table where a group of unknown students were eating their lunch. He pushed me down. Silence filled the table as all eyes turned to me.
 
“Hey,” a boy greeted me.
 
“Hi queenbee,” another one said. I waited for them to laugh at me like I think everyone already did. But they didn't. They just nodded at me, but not everyone. The others simply looked at me then went back to their meals.
 
“I'll get you food,” the pest said and stood up.
 
“Ya! I don't want-” I started but he was already gone. Stupid pest! Grr! I wonder what’s his prank this time.
 
“He's hopeless, don't you think?” a voice said. I looked up and saw the pest's friends were talking.
 
“More like desperate,” a girl chuckled. “And way too obvious.”
 
“But I think he's telling the truth about this little one, though,” the boy who called me queenbee said.
 
“Nah. I'd rather reserve my judgment.”
 
What the hell are they talking about? Jeez. They're creeping me out. No wonder why they're the pest's friends, they are all weird. After a while, the pest was back. My eyes squinted as I saw the food he ordered for me. “Ya! Are you planning to make me fat again? All of these are rich in cholesterol!” I burst out.
 
“You were fat before?” a voice asked.
 
“Yes. She used to be a piglet before turning into a wild jungle cat,” the pest answered. I felt my cheeks reddened. I knew it! He wanted to embarrass me! Gah!
 
My phone suddenly rang. My eyes went wide as I saw Wooyoung oppa's name on the screen. I quickly accepted his call. “Hello?”
 
“Hey there! Have you eaten lunch already?” he asked. I felt my insides jumped. Ah, a true to life knight in shining armor. Aigoo!
 
“Oh, no. I haven't eaten yet. You?”
 
“Haven't either. So, uh, I was thinking. . . .” he trailed.
 
“Yes?” I urged on.
 
“Would you care to join me? That's if you're free,” he chuckled, “and if you want to.”
 
“Of course I want to eat lunch with you!” I said, grinning widely at the pest and stuck my tongue out at him.
 
“Good,” he said. “Where are you by the way? So I can pick you up.”
 
“Oh, uh, let's just met at the entrance. Is that fine?”
 
“Oh, okay. Meet you there! On my way already.”
 
“Okay. See you,” I said.
 
“Bye!”
 
“Bye!” The call ended. I was wearing a smug smile as I stood up. I took the tray containing the meal that the pest brought for me and poured the contents on him. “Eat that, you pest.”
 
I met with oppa on entrance. He was waiting by his car. I waved at him, wearing a big smile. “Hey,” he greeted.
 
“Hey there, too,” I greeted back.
 
“So, are we good to go?”
 
“Of course,” I answered happily. He put a hand at the small of my back and led me to the other side. He opened the door. Aigoo! He's truly a gentleman! Ah, he's totally my ideal guy. Nobody can surpass him in my heart and I my mind!
 
I smiled at him first and mumbled my thank you as I was about to step into the car when I suddenly heard the most irritating, most annoying and most hateful voice in my entire life. “Hey, wild cat!”
 
GRRR!!!! What now?!?!
 
“What?!” I hissed at him.
 
“You've got stain on your skirt.”
 
Omona! What's the date today? Aigoo! I can't remember! My skirt's stained? Aigoo! This is so embarrassing! I started sweating from embarrassment. I quickly faced oppa so he can't see the, err red stain on my skirt.
 
“I'm just joking,” the pest suddenly laughed.
 
I fumed, feeling myself boiled up to the highest point. Gah! “YA!” I shouted at him. “It wasn't funny!”
 
“It was funny for me. Oh, hey, Woo! If you don't want your life to get messed up, I suggest you stay away from that wild cat. She bites!” the pest added, still laughing.
 
“I think I'll take the risk of being bitten,” oppa answered, making me stare at him blankly. Can I faint right now in his arms? “Let's go, Dara,” I heard oppa said. I just nodded at him and threw the pest a deadly glare before stepping into the car.
 
As soon as we were moving already, I faced him. “I'm sorry about Jiyong, oppa,” I apologized. I was worried with his silence and the way his brows were all meshed up.
 
“You don't have to say sorry, Dara. It's just that. . . he's starting to get on my nerves already. I don't like the way he's making fun of you.”
 
If he continue being like this, I swear, I really am going to faint. He's making me all giddy here. I might as well put a shrine for him in my room.
 
“Thanks for looking out for me like I'm your own sister,” I said, trying to catch him. Come on, deny it. But he didn't answer. The disappointment hit me hard in the guts. Ugh! I wanted him to say that he doesn't see me like that. But his silence is like a rejection to me. Grr. I guess things don't change that easily.
 
I remained silent as we took our lunch. Oppa would ask me some questions and he's obviously trying to start a decent conversation but I would just nod and reply in a monotonous tone, sounding uninterested. It's unfair, I know because it's not his fault if he only sees me as his sister but what the hell's wrong with his eyes? Doesn't he find me beautiful or attractive at all?
 
This was the pest's fault! It's his entire fault! If he didn't appear just like a mushroom that he is and didn't joke around like that, Woo oppa would not come into my defense and I would not think that he did that because he sees me differently already. Gah! That pest! I hate him! I want him out of my life right now!
 
Gah! KWON JIYONG! I want to erase your existence from this world!!!
 
 
Later. . .
 
“He's going to leave probably next week or early next month, Dara. Can't you just wait for-”
 
“NO! I can't wait for that long! I want him out of this house now! I WANT HIM OUT OF MY LIFE!”
 
“But-”
 
“I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM EVER AGAIN!” I screamed, and then started using my technique. I saw Dad sighed, face softening.
 
“Dara, it's already late in the evening.”
 
“Then made him leave first thing in the morning! If you don't, I'll commit suicide!”
 
I stormed out of the room, banging the door closed behind me. I stopped in my steps as I saw the pest leaning against the wall, head bowed and hands on his pockets. “You shouldn't have shouted like that to your father,” he said.
 
“This was your fault!” I fired up and started attacking him, my hands flying on every part of him. He grabbed my flailing arms and turned to pin me on the wall.
 
“Did you really think I'll buy the suicide speech? You love yourself too much.”
 
“I can do that,” I gritted.
 
“Hate me that much, huh?” he sneered at me. How dare he do that?
 
“YES! I HATE YOU THAT MUCH!” I shouted and to my surprise, I felt hot tears rolling down my cheeks. “I just don't hate you! I loath you! I despise you! I'm mad at you! I hate you to the pits of the earth! I hate you with all my being! I hate you so much that I'd rather be blind or never wake up so I won't see you ever again! I hate you so much that I'd rather go deaf so I won't hear your hateful voice ever again! I'd rather cut my tongue than talk to you!”
 
The tears continued rolling, I started gasping for air. He let go of my wrists, taking a step back.
 
“I HATE YOU!” I cried. An unstable smirk curved his lips but his eyes and face looked blank. I angrily wiped my tears off and started running for my room.
 
“Why?” he asked quietly, barely a whisper.
 
“Because you keep on ruining everything!” I said without looking back and ran straight to my room.