The Angel With A y Voice

Stubborn Hearts

 

My head was spinning with all the sudden turns we took- left, right, left, left, left then right- until I can’t remember anymore. The pest was cussing here and there. That’s when I realized the situation is not just one of his pranks, that this is not a laughing matter. I don’t know what’s going on right now but I’m grateful I’m still alive.
 
I heard the wheels screamed their protests as we suddenly took a sharp turn to the left. Then, I felt my body jumping up and down my seat, telling me that we’re on a bumpy road. I heard a clang, a swoosh, a loud thud on the roof, making me scream.
 
“That’s just a branch,” the pest shouted through my hysterics. I panted, and then peered through the window. I saw trees everywhere. We were obviously in some kind of a forest, or should I say, jungle. That explains the bumpy road.
 
We were going down on a slope a bit slowly when the car suddenly sped off again, throwing me hard back on my seat. Then, my stomach flipped as a weird feeling gripped my head. I peered again and saw that the car totally left off the ground, heading for the highway. I screamed as I thought that we’ll be landing on the sea just below the cliff.
 
“I don’t want to die a , Kwon Jiyong!” I screamed as the car landed quite inconveniently on the road. My body shook hard at the impact but I should be grateful that we did land on the road and didn’t fly over the cliff. Again, I was thrown hard back to my seat as the car went crazily fast again. “Are they gone?” I asked, nervous.
 
“We just lost them,” he answered. “I can’t take this anymore!” he suddenly blurted out. I looked at him in panic when he suddenly stepped on the break. I was about to ask him what’s wrong when he suddenly burst out laughing. He started beating the steering wheel with his hands as his head threw back and forth from too much laughing. “I don’t want to die a ,” he mimicked my voice, laughing his head off. “I swear,” he panted, “you should join a comedy show or something. Aigoo! That was so funny!”
 
I felt the blood running through my veins boiled up in anger. “YA!” I screamed at him as I encircled my hands around his neck and started strangling the life out of him. “Who said it was funny? It wasn’t funny at all!!”
 
I don’t want to die a ,” he continued laughing. “You’re making me so happy, Kitten!”
 
I suddenly stopped. I don’t know what made me, but I stopped strangling him and removed my hands away from his neck.
 
“Are you okay?” he asked later on, the ghost of his laughter still evident in his face and voice. We were now running smoothly down the road.
 
“Do I look okay to you?” I burst out hysterically. “What the hell’s going on? And where’s my Dad? I-”
 
“Don’t worry about Mr. Park. He’s safe.”
 
“How did you know that?”
 
“I saw Appa pulled him out of that place before I pulled you.”
 
“What about Wooyoung oppa? He-”
 
“You don’t really want YOUR boyfriend to be involved with this mess, do you?”
 
“But why are those people after us?” I asked, and then gasped. “They’re after you, aren’t they? What did you do this time? Did you borrow money from them and you can’t pay that’s why they’re running after you? Huh! And you dare involve me in-”
 
“They’re not after me, they’re after you.”
 
It took a while before my mind processed what he said. “Me? But why me? I haven’t done anything wrong!”
 
He didn’t answer.
 
“Ya! I want to know what’s going on here!”
 
“It would be better if you don’t know anything,” he said.
 
“But I’m involved in this! I have the right to know!”
 
My phone suddenly rang. I looked for it out of the chaos that’s me. I saw Wooyoung oppa’s name on the screen and was about to answer it when the pest snatched the phone out of my hand and turned it off. He then hid it.
 
“Ya!” I burst out. “What do you think are you doing?”
 
“You can’t make phone calls from now on.”
 
“But why?”
 
“Because I said so,” he said.
 
“Ya! Who do you think you are?! You don’t have the right to-”
 
“Just do what I say!” he snapped.
 
“But why?”
 
Again, he turned to his silent self.
 
“I want answers!”
 
“It’s a long, complicated story. And like I said, it would be better if you don’t know anything.”
 
“But I am involved! I have the right to know!”
 
He gave an impatient grunt. “Fine. But not right now.”
 
“But-”
 
“Take it or leave it,” he cut off.
 
I fumed again but decided to keep it to myself. “Fine!” I pouted. “Where are we going now?”
 
“You ask too many questions.”
 
After thirty minutes or so, I started feeling hungry. And as if the pest read what’s on my mind, he decided to go through a drive-thru. As soon as he passed me the foods, I devoured it. I really am hungry already. I heard a light laughter from my side. My eyes turned into tiny slits as I glanced at the pest. “Wha’s sho funny?’ I snapped in between my chews.
 
“Nothing.”
 
I swallowed hard. “Then why are you laughing? Are you out of your mind?!”
 
“Can’t you talk to me without shouting?”
 
“NO! Absolutely not! And who told you I want to talk to you? Like I said before, I’d rather cut my tongue than-”
 
“Then stop talking already.”
 
“Listen, Mr. Kwon Jiyong! You don’t have the right to tell me what to do. I’ll stop talking if I want to and I’ll talk if I want to! Got that?”
 
“Wild cat,” he mumbled.
 
“Ya! Stop calling me that!”
 
“Jungle cat, then,” he said, his lips twitching as he tried to suppress his smile.
 
“No! We’re not close so you don’t have the right to call me any names you want! We’re not even friends so you don’t have the right to give me nicknames!”
 
“Okay, Kitten.”
 
“Aish! I don’t want you to call me any names!! Wild cat, jungle cat or piglet. Or even kitten!”
 
“Stop calling me pest, too.”
 
“I’ll call you whatever I want!” I gritted.
 
“Then I’ll call you whatever I want, too. You don’t have the right to tell me what to do too, you know,” he winked.
 
Gah! Did he just wink at me? The nerve! I shivered from disgust! Eww. “Don’t do that! It’s disgusting!” I snapped and resumed eating.
 
After eating, I belched out loudly and yawned.
 
“Eww,” the pest imitated me. “Aren’t you embarrassed of belching in front of me?”
 
“Why should I? You’re just a pest after all.”
 
“Just go to sleep,” he said quietly.
 
“I know what I should do, no need to tell me!” I snapped. “Where are we going anyways?’
 
“We’ll just stop by somewhere then I’ll bring you to where your father is.”
 
“No,” I said.
 
“What do you mean no?”
 
“Don’t bring me to Dad. If those guys are really after me, then don’t bring me to where he’s hiding. I don’t want to jeopardize his safety,” I yawned. “What are you looking at?” I snapped again as I caught him looking at me.
 
He shrugged. “First time seeing you being true to yourself.”
 
I frowned. “What does that mean? FYI! I’m not plastic!”
 
“Just go to sleep.”
 
“Don’t tell me what to do!” I hissed, but I slowly felt myself surrendering. Weird, I know. I should be wide awake after all I’ve been through today. The fact that there are guys chasing after me, maybe even wanting to kill me, I should be at least wide awake and alert, afraid. But I actually felt like this is just another ordinary day with the pest pestering me again like he usually does. Slowly, I started feeling my consciousness slipping away.
 
“Stubborn,” he snorted.
 
“I heard that,” I snapped weakly.
 
“Just go to sleep, kitten.”
 
“Don’t call me kitty,” I heard myself mumbled
 
~o~
 
I felt I’m being carried by that angel again. Somewhere deep in my mind, I remembered I first felt this somewhere with flashing lights, loud music and loud voices. The second time was when I felt like I was falling to the floor. I curled myself in a ball, wanting to fit in his arms perfectly. How did I know that the angel’s a guy? Simple. I’m beautiful. Surely, even angles would be captivated with my charms, right?
 
“Master J-“
 
“Shh. She’s sleeping!” a voice somewhere above me said. “And I told you countless times not to call me master.”
 
Ooh, what a smexy voice. Haha. I got an angel with a y voice. Nice, nice.
 
“Sorry.”
 
“Did you clean the guest room?”
 
“Yes, I did.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
“Wow. I know you said she’s beautiful but you never said she’s this beautiful!” the voice accusingly said.
 
Silence.
 
“Do you want me to pry your eyes out, Kevin?”
 
“Of course not.”
 
“Then stop looking at her like that.”
 
What’s going on here? Am I dreaming? Well, since the voices seemed distant, I guess I am really dreaming.