Taking A Peek Into Temptation

Stubborn Hearts

 

My nose wrinkled and my lips twitched in disgust as I finally followed the pest and stepped inside the room. “OH-MAI-GHAD!” I freaked out.
 
“What?” he demanded.
 
“The b-bathroom!” I gasped, pointing an accusing and shaking finger at it.
 
“What’s wrong with the bathroom?” he asked.
 
“NO DOOR!” I freaked. “The freaking bathroom doesn’t have a freaking door!”
 
“This is a motel, Kitten. What do you expect?”
 
I gaped at him. “But. . .b-but how am I going to take a bath?” I asked, my voice rising in pure panic,
 
“Here, let me show you,” he said and pulled me inside the bathroom with him. “First, you have to take your clothes off. Then, you turn on the shower. Stay under the spray and you’ll be wet in just a few seconds. You can then shampoo your hair then-”
 
“YA! I’m no that stupid! I know all of that!” I burst out.
 
“Then why did you ask if you already know the answer?”
 
GHAAD! He’s being the annoying pest again. AISH! “You know what I’m talking about!” I growled.
 
He chuckled. “I’m not going to LOOK at you when you’re taking a bath, you know. FYI, I’ve got taste.”
 
“Why you. . .!”
 
“Just saying,” he shrugged. “You don’t have to make a big fuss out of it. Just tell me if you’re going to take a shower, so I can stand outside, by the door.”
 
I looked at him for a moment, deliberating. I guess I have to trust him. But can I say the same to myself? Aish! “That’s fair,” I nodded then turned towards the room. I was too focused on the bathroom that I didn’t notice the bed; it was sitting right in front of the bathroom. Jeez, talk about . As I stared at the bed, I laughed out loud.
 
“What now?” the pest asked me from behind.
 
“Look at the bed!” I laughed. “It’s so ridiculous and stupid!”
 
He stepped beside me, looked at the bed then turned his face to me, brows raised up like he’s questioning my sanity.
 
“It’s heartshaped!” I laughed again. “The bed’s heartshaped. And look at the pillows, they’re heartshaped too! Aw, this is so funny!”
 
“What’s so funny with a heartshaped bed and pillows?” he asked.
 
“But who would make something like that, right? Eww. This is just so mushy!”
 
“You’re crazy. We’re in a motel, remember?” he pointed out. “Anyways, I’ll just go get us some foods.”
 
After buying us food, we shared a silent lunch. I didn’t do anything that much on the latter part of the day except bicker with him. And by the time evening came, dinner was as silent as ever.
 
“I want to take a shower,” I announced as we finished eating dinner.
 
“Okay. Make it quick, though. I want to take a shower, too,” he said.
 
“Give me two hours.”
 
“Two hours?!” he exploded.
 
“One hour then,” I negotiated.
 
“Thirty minutes,” he suggested instead.
 
“Thirty minutes?!” It was my turn to explode. “No way! I can’t take a shower in just thirty minutes!”
 
“Fine. One hour.”
 
I watched him went out, probably standing guard by the door. Then, I quickly took off my clothes and stepped into the bathroom.
 
 
Later. . .
 
“One hour is up!” he called.
 
“I’m not done yet!” I called back.
 
“WHAT? Why-”
 
“Just let me put my clothes on! Jeez!”
 
Stupid pest! Why is he so impatient? Aish! Lucky for him, he’s not a girl, he can just take a shower for thirty minutes or less. But no, I can’t stand such short period of time.
 
“Aren’t you done yet?” he called again, sounding irritated.
 
“I’m done! Gosh! What’s with the hurry?”
 
He stepped back in, frowning. “Why do girls take so long to shower?”
 
“It’s a girl thing,” I said, rolling my eyes. “And what do you think are you doing?!”
 
“Taking my clothes off?”
 
“Can you at least wait for me to go out by the door? Jeez. Show some decency and self-preservation, will you?”
 
“You’re not going out of this room,” he tightly said.
 
“And why is that?”
 
“Because I said so. And stop being stubborn.”
 
I pouted. “Fine.”
 
“Now, can you turn around?” he asked.
 
“Why?”
 
“So I can take a bath? Unless you want to watch me?”
 
“Of course not!” I shouted. “The nerve!”
 
“Then, turn around.”
 
“Willingly!” I snapped then turned around. I dropped myself on the bed, on my stomach, burying my face in the pillows. Not soon after, I started hearing the running water. Unexpectedly, a shiver ran down my spine. I curled my fingers over the sheets. What the hell is happening to me? Aish! This can’t go on any longer. But I can’t help it.
 
I pushed myself up in an Indian sit, my back facing the bathroom. I swallowed hard and half-faced to the left. I swallowed again. I’m just absolutely curious- pure curiosity, nothing else. It’s not like I really want to “peek” okay? This is plain human curiosity. That’s right. I mean, what else could explain this feeling? He’s the pest, for Pete’s sake and he’s not my type, duh!!! Just PLAIN CURIOSITY. I’m just EXTREMELY CURIOUS.
 
I let my hair curtain my face and slowly moved my head to the left and took one quick glance. I suppressed a giggle. I didn’t really have the chance to get a good look since it was quick, so I tried again. But this time, I’m planning to take my time. For the second time, I slowly moved my head to the left and let my eyes look up ahead.
 
My eyes automatically grew wide the same time my mouth dropped open. Subconsciously, I felt my body shifted to fully face the bathroom.
 
OH-MAI-GHAADDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
He had his head turned upwards, eyes closed. The water was washing the soap suds from his face down to his throat. I watched the particular soap suds move down from his throat, to his chest (sending a sudden heat in my abdomen), to his stomach. . . and lower. Dang it! He’s ! HE’S !!!! But he doesn’t look indecent, he doesn’t even look disgusting. He actually looked OH-SO-GLORIOUSLY-MALE. My mouth started to water. Look at the arms, that chest, that lean stomach, that- oh dear. I bit my lower lip. My hand flew to my throat, easing the sudden thirst that flamed me.
 
“Your stare is making me blush.”
 
My eyes went up to his face and I saw him peering at me with one eye, a naughty and knowing smirk on his thin, y lips. I gasped, my eyes grew wide at being caught. I automatically turned away from him. Aigoo!
 
WAAAHHHH!!!!!!!
 
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I just can imagine how red my face is right now. Actually, I think my whole body turned red. Gah! Why do I always end up embarrassing myself in front of him? Now what would he think? Grr! He’d think I’m lusting after him! Eww! That’s totally yuck!
 
“I wasn’t looking at you!” I shrilled, silently cringing at how shaky my voice was. I heard the water stopped running, followed by a bark of laughter, making me turn even redder.
 
“What were you doing then?” he asked. I froze as I felt his warm breath on my nape. Dang it! He’s out of the shower already? And. . . and. . . is he still ?
 
“I was. . . I was. . . “ I stammered.
 
“I knew it!” he victoriously said. There was something irritating in his voice that made me turn to face him. He was sitting at the side edge of the bed, with a towel wrapped around his waist. My face slightly fell at this discovery. I thought he was still - gah!!
 
“I wasn’t looking at you!” I snapped but my voice faltered. But I don’t give up that easily. “I was looking at the water.”
 
“The water?!”
 
“Yes!” I nodded eagerly and animatedly. “I was watching the water ran down your body and- aigoo!”
 
He burst out laughing again. Aish! What a stupid mouth I got! Aish! Gah! This is so embarrassing! And it’s not just plain embarrassment! It’s the MOST EMBARRASSING moment there ever is! Gah! What the heck did I get myself into?! Dang it!
 
“And you accuse me of being a ert when you’re -”
 
“I’M NOT A ERT!” I strongly denied. “It’s not my fault if the bathroom doesn’t have a door!”
 
“Yeah, right. Blame it to the innocent doorless bathroom,” he snorted, then sighed. “Now that you’ve seen the BEST of me, I think it’s only fair if you show me yours, too!” he winked. His face started moving towards me.
 
“YA!” I burst out, grabbing some pillows and started hitting him with them.
 
“I’m just joking! Jeez, you always fall into that trap,” he said, voice muffled. “And besides, I’ve already SEEN everything.”
 
“What does that mean?”
 
But he just burst out laughing again. “Now, I’m scared,” he mocked. “With the way you’re staring at my gorgeous body a while ago, it’s like you want to eat me. You don’t. . . really. . . plan. . . to, uh, you know. . . me?”
 
“WHHAATT?!?”
 
“Just asking,” he shrugged.
 
“YOU’VE GOT THE NERVE TO ASK THAT?!? Ghaad! You’re so assuming!”
 
“The way you look at me a while ago tells me differently.”
 
So he’s always going to shove that in my face, huh? That I was watching him?
 
“I don’t want to be in a place like this. If you want to me, it’ll be my choice of place.”
 
“Why you insolent. . . ! If it’s your choice, that’s not called !”
 
“So, you DO plan to me, huh?”
 
Gah! I hate him! I simply hate him to the pits of all the rotten souls under! “Aren’t you even embarrassed that someone saw your. . . your. . . you know what I mean!”
 
“Why would I be embarrassed? I’m not doing anything wrong. I’m not the one who got caught doing something I should not,” he smirked. I turned red again. I know it’s my fault. Words are not enough to express how I regretted peeking at him. But, do you really regret it?  a side of my mind asked. But dang it! How am I going to explain the reason behind my action to him?
 
“I was just curious!” I blurted out, which was not the best thing to do.
 
“Oh, so you were curious, huh?” he playfully said. A playful pest is NOT a good sign. He stood up, a dark gleam in his eyes as he slowly put his hand at the band of the towel wrapped around his waist.
 
“Ya! Don’t you dare take that off!” I ordered him as my hand went to cover my eyes. But of course, I didn’t entirely cover my eyes. I made gaps in between my fingers so I can peek. But I found out he was just teasing me because he burst out laughing again.
 
“Did you really think I’ll take my towel off? Tsk, you’re having such a good time already. I don’t want to spoil you’re already spoiled self.”
 
“I am not having a good time! Who do you think you are?”
 
“I’m just the person you WATCHED taking a shower,” he winked and put his hands on the bed, leaning towards me.
 
“What are you doing?!” I panicked. He just smiled, making my already wild heart go into somersault. I quickly shoved my hands in his face and pushed him away. “Get away from me!”
 
“That’s not really what I had in mind,” he informed me as he continued leaning closer to me. I frantically went to the other side of the bed and climbed down. He was now crawling on the bed towards my direction.
 
“Don’t you dare!” I warned but he just smirked at me. Okay, so I can’t really hide myself anywhere here. But of course, I can’t let him get to me. No way! So, I try to get out of his reach as much as I can. I know he can catch me in just a snap but he was teasingly chasing me. “Stop this already!” I said after fifteen minutes or so of chasing.
 
“Why?” he asked, voice filled with amusement and playfulness.
 
“We’re not kids anymore! And I’m not in the mood to play!”
 
“Who told you we’re playing?” he advanced. “If you want to end this, stop running away from me.”
 
I gave a squeak as I felt the wall on my back. Oh dear, I’m trapped. Ugh! Why didn’t I notice this at once?
 
I bit my lower lip and tried to run for the door but he caught me by the waist and pinned me against the wall, his hot breath blowing against my ear. “Mmm,” he mumbled against my ear, pulled back a little and gazed down at me. “Now what should I do to a ‘peeping tom’, huh?”
 
I stared at him, eyes wide. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
 
“Should I. . . .?” he huskily trailed, his head angling to the side as he started closing the distance between our faces. In their own accord, my eyes automatically shut closed, my fists tightly balled and my lips parted in anticipation.