The Princess and The Pest

Stubborn Hearts
I am Sandara Park, nineteen years old. I've got a good generous Dad. I'm rich, yes, R-I-C-H rich, but not to the point that as to what you call the “richest” in the world, but I aim to be that one. I'm proud to boast that I'm pretty and not just plain pretty but DAMN PRETTY, making me very popular in school, and with boys.
 
All the drooling and competition for my attention? I've experienced all that. I mean, I can get any boy do what I want in just a snap of a finger. I can take any of them as my boyfriend without so much effort on my side. I'm dubbed as the campus queen, so that's totally expected. But, I never really had a boyfriend, only flings. Yes, FLINGS. And I choose them carefully. And how you may ask I choose them? Simple. The more the expensive the gift, the higher the chance to be my fling. But of course it doesn't end just like that. The gifts are sort of like a preliminary exam. In order to be my fling, you have to be rich like me and you have to pass my standard. But of course, you should know the real score, too. NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
 
But there's this one person that I can't seem to please no matter what I do, my longtime crush and ideal man, Jang Wooyoung. We've know each other since preschool and we used to be playmates. He's caring, sweet, handsome, cute, rich and very popular, too. The problem is, I think he only sees me as a sister. , right? Tell me about it.
 
Then, there's this other guy, not that I'm saying he’s my type. It's so EWW. What I'm trying to say is, there's this other guy who seemed to be IMMUNE with my charms since he love pissing the hell out of me, kinda painful to the ego. But who cares about his little insect life? Like he matters.
 
Moving on, I don't really have a lot of friends because I choose them pretty well. But I'm not complaining, I actually think it's better that way. All in all, I live a pretty perfect life. Again, except for that pest who just by the thought of his name or face makes me shudder from disgust and hatred. Enough of that, I don't want to ruin my own mood, not now that I'm attending to a social gathering. I slung my bag on my arm and walked out of my room gracefully.
 
So, here I am, making my way down the hallway, admiring the artwork on my fingernails when I hit something solid followed by something cold. My jaw dropped as I froze and looked at the culprit. And there he was, the insect I'm talking about with an open book on one hand and an empty glass on the other. “Do you know how much this dress cost?!” I shrieked.
 
He looked over my back. “I don't see any price tags, so no, I don't know how much.”
 
“Exactly! You don't know the value of this and you ruined it! Look at what you've done! It's stained!”
 
“You can always change. I'll wash that tomorrow myself,” he carelessly answered.
 
The pest got two sides. Either he can be irritatingly unstoppable from doing pranks and saying things that pisses me off OR he can be annoyingly snob and careless.
 
“Don't you get your filthy hands on anything I own!” I hissed.
 
“If you say so,” he shrugged as his eyes went back to the book he's reading and started walking away.
 
“Ugh! I've prepared this dress for only tonight!”
 
“You still have time to change,” he said without looking back.
 
“I hate you!” I shouted.
 
“Feels the same,” he said, then stopped. He turned around to face me again. “Does your Dad know you're going out tonight?”
 
I felt my cheeks warmed up. “Of course,” I answered.
 
A small, knowing smile curved his lips. “If you say so.”
 
Then, he started walking again. I don't really care if he tells Dad, I mean, I know I can easily get my way with him. Just one technique and he'd say yes to what ever I asked from him. What technique you may ask is this? Simple. I call it the trembling of the lower lip technique.
 
The moment I saw that he was in his room already, I angrily marched towards my room. Ugh! I just don't get it! I can't understand why that pest has his own room in this house and not just a simple room, but it was next to mine! I mean, I'm the princess of the household, shouldn't I deserve a worthier neighbor? Duh! He's just a nobody here! A mere nobody and yet, he got his own room. He shouldn't be given that much honor! As to me, well, this is totally embarrassing, disgusting, annoying, irritating and every hate word you could muster!
 
When I reached my room, I chose another dress to wear. Aigoo! I feel bad for not flaunting the newly bought dress! Ugh! Blame it to the pest. I mean, I literally prepared it for tonight, wanting to show Wooyoung oppa something nice. You see, he invited me together with my inner circle girlfriends and his closest friends to their home because his parents will be arriving together with his cousins who reside abroad for a short visit.
 
But all my efforts were wasted.
 
All thanks to the pest.
 
And so, here I am again, out of my room. When I was outside of the house, I quickly went to the left side, through the garden, just in case. I was looking around me, making sure no one would see me when the sprinklers suddenly came to life. I gasped in surprise. Then, I heard an amused chuckle from somewhere. “What have you done?!?” I freaked out as I saw him not too far from me, leaning against the wall with a smirk on his lips, safely secure from the sprinklers.
 
“Watering plants?” he chuckled.
 
“Who in their sane mind would water plants this late?” I asked.
 
“What do you know about plants, anyway?” he asked back. I didn't answer. Well, I don't really know anything about watering plants, so I didn't answer. But I've seen in movies that the plants are watered mostly in the morning, err, right?
 
“This is servant's stuff for Pete's sake!” I exclaimed.
 
“Exactly. If I saw you earlier, I wouldn't have the sprinklers. And, may I ask, who decent girl would go out this late?”
 
“That's none of your business, you servant pest!” I gritted. I took my sandal off and sent it flying to him, but he caught it in his hand before it hit his face. I took the other one and threw it to him. Just like the first one, he caught it just in time.
 
“Aww, too bad!” he mocked.
 
“Oh, I think where this is all coming from. You're just frustrated because you weren't invited to the party. Huh! Well, dream on because you will never enter the inner circle!”
 
“Like I want to,” he smirked. “I'd rather have dinner with frogs than enter your so-called inner circle.”
 
“Of course you'd rather join the frogs, you perfectly belong with them anyways!”
 
He laughed. “And you belong with pigs.”
 
“YA! I'm not fat anymore!” I thundered.
 
“You'll always be that fat girl for me. Ah, too bad,” he said, shaking his head. “I'm afraid you won't make it to the party. I'm pretty sure they'll be DEVASTATED without you,” he mocked again.
 
I fumed. Dara, poise. You're losing your poise already. I inhaled and exhaled slowly then, smirked. “Who said I'm not going? Like the dress won't dry. AND WILL YOU FRIGGINGLY TURN OFF THE SPRINKLERS?”
 
“Sure, Your Highness. You should have told me earlier. I thought you were enjoying it,” he said. He turned off the sprinklers. I squinted my eyes and went to him when my feet suddenly fell into a hole.
 
“What the. . .?” I exclaimed.
 
“Oops, my bad! I forgot to tell you about the hole. I've been digging that a while ago.”
 
“KWON JIYONG!”