Chapter 30

Love, Jealousy, Pain, Honeymoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dark, cold and quiet—where am I?, Chanyeol thought as he’s trying to look for brightness. He’s never been to somewhere as beautiful as here—but it’s dark, how can it be beautiful? Chanyeol’s always loving the silence, he finds it pretty beautiful here and he’d want to bring along Mirae and Chansoo here to join him and the peaceful place he found.

Chanyeol walked forward while holding onto the wall like how one who cannot see. He walked towards nowhere in the dark, trying to look for a way out—to bring both his wife and son here to join him. But it seemed like he can never find the way out.

“Hello?” He called out, hoping someone would respond to him. But no, there’s no replies back from the dark. He sighed and slouched his shoulder like how he’s always done that.

“Can anyone…no, wait, is anyone even here?” He yelled a little louder, hoping that someone from far could hear him. Chanyeol sighed and frowned once he know nobody’s around him. He sat on the floor for a little rest before continuing his journey to nowhere.

“Chanyeol right?” he felt someone not too far from him said. A man’s voice, he thought mentally. The voice chuckled and walked closer to Chanyeol which lead to him walking a little further from that voice.

“You don’t have to walk back, I’m not someone scary—it’s not like you can see me either, anyway,” he chuckled again. Chanyeol nodded. Right, it’s not like I can see him anyways., he thought and stopped walking back.

“Who are you?” Chanyeol asked, with a little suspicion in his voice. The voice chuckled.

“I’d figured you asking me this. I’m Dark, one who lives here since 1990.” He said and Chanyeol frowned.

“Dark?” Chanyeol coughed. “So Dark, why is it so… dark here? Can you ask someone to turn the lights on? I’d like to get out of here and to bring my son and wife over.”

Dark shook his head. “No, I can’t.” He said. “If I were to turn on the lights, you’d be afraid of me.”

Chanyeol frowned and got up from the floor. “What do you mean? I won’t be afraid of you—it’s not like you’re scary.”

“I am.” he smiled. “I am scary, and that’s the reason why you can’t see me—not even when you’ve a little light.”

Chanyeol didn’t get what Dark’s trying to say—why can’t he see someone with a little light? It made no sense to Chanyeol, not at all.

“Before you can ask me anything else, I will reply to your question—you asked about where are you right now, didn’t you?”

Chanyeol nodded before slapping himself. “Right, you can’t see me—yes I asked about that. So where am I?”

Dark smirked. “You’re in the afterlife, welcome here,” he said, dropping his smirk and it’s replaced with a genuine smile.

“What?” Chanyeol shouted. “You’re making no sense here! Why am I dead?”

“You were in an accident, can’t you remember? You were rushing home to explain things to your wife, but your car crashed with another—don’t you recall anything?”

Chanyeol frowned and shook his head. “No, I don’t. Mirae… Chansoo… Dark, please, I need to go back! My wife-”

“It’s too late. You gave up your life, you cut your last breath by yourself—there’s no way I can send you back up either since you decided to end your life.”

“But I know you can do something about it, huh? Right? You can do it right?” Chanyeol panicked.

Dark frowned. “I really can’t.” Chanyeol sighed and fall to the ground.

“Why mus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter