Chapter 29

Love, Jealousy, Pain, Honeymoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was supposed to come yesterday! But anyways! Happy belated birthday, channie boy~ 

 

The doctor told Mirae that Chanyeol might wake up. If he doesn’t, he will get into a concussion and soon it will all depend on him—he’s willingness to survive or to let go. The doctor tried to explain things nicely but Mirae didn’t listen, she didn’t want to. How can someone be calm when their spouse’s in danger?

Yoonhee tried her best to calm her down, but she failed—she’s know how of a person Mirae is when she’s blocked out everything that is around her. Yoonhee frowned as she sees Mirae being in a mess. Yoonhee brought Mirae up to Chanyeol’s ward, glancing at Mirae with a worried look whenever she can.

“Let me get you a cup of coffee, Mae, you look ed up right now.” She said, not bothering if she is going to offend Mirae.

Mirae didn’t object, she allowed Yoonhee to do whatever she wants to—all she wants is to stay by Chanyeol’s side, that’s all for now. Yoonhee cracked a smile and went off to get a hot coffee for her friend. Buying the coffee she’s always liked, Yoonhee went into the doctor’s room again.

“Oh, Yoonhee! You are here!” The doctor smiled lightly and Yoonhee nodded. “I know why you are here and I’m not stopping you—for now. But if you’re going to press on about what’s happening to him, I’m afraid I can’t produce much answers to your questions.”

Yoonhee sat down in front of him. “I’m more keen about his tumor. How has that grown on him? Of what I know, a tumor’s always caused by something—they don’t really happen like magic.”

The doctor nodded. “Of cause it doesn’t. But I don’t think you’ve the rights to know about it. I mean—he has a wife, and his wife is with him right now I assume, so I guess his wife should know more than you need to, even though you’re the head nurse.”

Yoonhee sighed. “He’s my friend, and I have the rights to know—as the head nurse here. Come on, Jin, don’t make things difficult for the both of us.” She frowned at the doctor named Seokjin, but she call him Jin.

Jin laughed and nodded. “Still caring as ever. Was he the one you’ve been talking about?” Yoonhee groaned and Jin nodded in surrender.

“Okay okay I will let you know about his case. Let me get his file, wait here.” He said and got up, exiting the room.

Yoonhee sighed and waited for Jin to get back. Soon after, he opened the file and place it right in front of Yoonhee. “Read them.” he tapped on the pile of papers.

Without any further ado, Yoonhee read through the papers and try to absorb everything. She’s confused, he’s not someone who’s like this. Plus he doesn’t have any family backgrounds who have brain cancer—what is going on?

“I guess you won’t be able to figure everything out, so you can close the file and listen to me instead.” Yoonhee frowned.

“What? You should have done that earlier if you know that I won’t be able to fix the puzzle!”

Jin chuckled before straightening himself. “As you can see from the x-tray photo, the tumor on his left brain is just the size of someone who’s going to die—it actually tells you that it’s been there for long.” Yoonhee nodded. “And it was stress which caused him to have that—or should I say stress which cause him to have frequent headaches and then a tumor grew there. I can’t really explain to you deeper since you won’t be able to understand even so, I will simplify them for you. I’m sure he has been visiting the doctor’s frequently as well—we found out there’s this medicine which is very strong in him and we do not recommend patients to take that unless they’re not able to withstand the pain. Usual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter