Chapter 16 - Long talk

Love, Jealousy, Pain, Honeymoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol laughed. “Cut it out, Mirae sweetheart.” He smiled, tried to place his hands back on Mirae’s waist but she took a step back. “I’m sorry, but I really don’t recognize you?” Mirae said in an apologetic tone. Chanyeol froze on the spot. “What do you mean?” he starts to frown. Just then, Mirae’s head starts to hurt. Too pain that she couldn’t take it, she stumbled onto the ground.

Chanyeol quickly pressed on the button near her bed and crouched down to Mirae’s height and hugged her, smoothing her back. “It’s okay, you’ll be fine, and I’m here. Its okay, the pain will go away soon.” He repeats the sentence until the nurse and doctor comes running in. “Sir, please,” the nurse said and he gave way after holding Mirae up to her bed.

Chanyeol looked away when the nurse’s giving her the jab. He couldn’t take it; he can never stand whenever Mirae’s feeling pain, or when she’s feeling bad. He feels that he’s useless, he can’t help her at all ways to take the pain away. If he could, he’d rather everything happens on him.

Soon, the doctor sighed and walked towards him after Mirae’s eyelids fell down. “Follow me, let’s go to my office.” Doctor Yoon said and patted on Chanyeol’s shoulder. Chanyeol nodded but frowned, walking behind him. “I don’t understand, she said she don’t know who I am. What’s happening to her?” Chanyeol frowned.

“Son, I’m afraid you’ll have to prepare for the worst.”

“What do you mean by that? Why should I prepare for the worst? What is happening? Tell me! I can’t take it, you know that!” he yelled, only having doctor Yoon sighing and rubbing his temples. He then opened one of his drawer and take out the one file inside. He passed it to Chanyeol. “Read it and you’ll understand, hopefully.” He muttered and closed his eyes, leaning his head on the chair.

Chanyeol frowned and brought the file to him. “I hope so.” He said and opened the file.

Reading line by line, still, his frown didn’t go away from his face, it only deepens. He chuckled to himself and doctor Yoon closed his eyes tightly, waiting for Chanyeol to burst. “You’re not joking with me, are you?”

Doctor Yoon knows what’s next, but he sighed and shook his head. “I’m sorry.” Chanyeol laughed and throw the file on the table. “What? Is this the joke Mirae’s trying to play again? Come on, doctor Yoon. Don’t back her up.” He smiled, but the smile fell later when he sees the seriousness in doctor Yoon’s eyes and the stern look he was giving.

“.” He cursed. “Why would she die? I don’t-”

“The impact, son. I hope I can tell you what causes everything to up, but I can’t, it’s a mystery. But I will continue searching for sources and contact with all the higher and more expert doctors to see if they can help. For now, spend your days wisely with her. You don’t know when she’ll be gone. I’m sorry, son. After all these years, it’s back again.” Doctor Yoon sighed.

“Back…again?” Chanyeol asked. “I thought it was gone few years back after that hit, but I was wrong.” Doctor Yoon frowned. “I failed to be a doctor. Oh god.” He mumbled and Chanyeol sighed. “Do whatever you can. I will find other better doctors as well. Let’s get her better, can we?”

Doctor Yoon smiled weakly and nodded. “Of cause. She’s like Jaekyung to me. I had to. I must.”

Chanyeol walked back to the ward weakly, dragging his feet even though he misses his wife a lot, he had so much to tell her, from how he had gotten threatened by Yoonhee, how s helped me throughout, how happy he is from everything that has come to an end.

But everything washed out of him. That one sentence had broken him badly. Of cause, his wife can live longer if there is a cure. But there wasn’t, for now. Soon, he’s standing in front of her ward room. He knocked and heard her say “Come in.” He sighed and walked in with a smile.

“Hey.” He called out and she froze. “Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you.” He showed a sad smile. “Why would I hurt my own wife, huh?” he chuckled and Mirae raised an eyebrow. “I’m your…wife?” Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter