Chapter 12

Fiction and Fact

it was already very dark, 9:15pm, you just did all the usual rounds at the cafe

you reached the gate of your house, but the gate was already open. it was very dark.

you slowly crept to the entrance to find the door was slightly ajar.

you breathe deeply feeling fear rise inside you.

you quickly went inside and the lights.

you've been robbed. you tried your best to fight back the tears and call the police.

you immediately went up the room to check on your belongings, the money to pay the rent, the keys. all gone.

you sat in bed. with an expression of disbelief.

"where will I go?.." your voice shaked. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You didn't have the money to pay the person who own the house so you opted to leave. Sohyun was kind enough to take you in, but after 3 days, you told her you will be finding a new home, because you didn't want to be a burden to her and her family.

"ania unnie, I'm a fighter ~ I can do this alone I promise!" 

"you're like a daughter to me _____ ."

"unnie, I really appreciate all the help. I'll be going out later to check on new jobs" ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you were applying for a dry cleaning business just outside Cube Ent. when a guard posts something on the glass door entrance.

"ahjussi ~ they need some people who would be willing to clean? like a janitor?"

"ania ~ not really a janitor. you come here t clean the dorms! ^^" he says brightly

"really? when then I'll go and apply"

you went inside Cube, and into one of the offices. photos of idols were hung on the wall. 

A stern looking woman sat in a table. 

"application for? auditions aren't today. how many times do I -"

"ania, I'm here to apply for cleaning'

the woman looks surprised. then she smiles. -.- 

"ahhh. cleaning. you're hired!"

"uhh. no need for id or anything?"

"no. your name is?"

"Park ____"

"ok Park ___. you start tomorrow morning."

it was all so fast, you thought. is this even real? -.-

you went out of the office already.  happy you now have another job. morning at Cube then afternoon's at the cafe.

next thing on the list: place to stay. for now, its time to go back to work at the cafe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

while waiting on customers, you sat on one table. browsing the newspaper for cheap apartments. you higlighted all the possible places to stay. you rested you chin in your hands.

"aigoo~"

someone enters the cafe. the girl was a regular customer, so you already know her. her name was Kim Junghye, she wasonly year older than you. she sat in the table near the counter

"Annyeong Haseyo Unnie ~ ^^ what will you be having?"

she looks at then smiles 'ahh,  hi little sister! ^_^" 

*she calls you little sister, because she said that you reminded her of her younger sister*

"I'll take a cup of coffee"

you scribble it down the notebook.

she looks at the table, where you have been "working" trying to find a place to stay. the table had so many newspapers, pens and highlighters on top.

"what are you doing there?" she asks nicely.

"oh unnie. I am looking for a place to stay." you look down. feeling a little embarassed. 

Junghye kindly smiles at you. "don't worry. I'll help you. My dad owns an apartment business just about 10 minutes away from here. I'l tell him. ^^ anything for my little sister"

'oh really unnie?!"

you came to her and gave her a hug.

*after eating, Junghye lets you ride with her, and shows you the small apartment.* it had all the essentials.

a small bathroom, a bedroom and kitchen. Junghye didn't want you to pay, but you insisted. when you finally get a lot of money*

after that, you went to get your stuff at Sohyun's. and spend the night in the apartment already. 

you were really thankful for everything. and went to sleep without much worry. All thanks to Kim Junghye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

morning.

you slowly rose up from the bed. expecting to see breakfast on the table. then you remember that your parents aren't here.

you quickly took a shower and eat a quick breakfast of cold soup. time to start the day at Cube.

"ok. here" an old woman hands you cleaning gloves, a bucket of water, and some soap. you took them. "go start at the 8th floor, room 121. b2st's room. just pick up all the clothes, the boys don't have time for their busy schedules, but I assure you, they are very nice. so no need to feel afraid"

" of course I know they're, I've already spent a night with them" you wanted to tell her. 

"but unnie, how about the soap? and water?"

"oh that's for the canteen, go clean the tables. rememmber, your shift ends at 12noon." she smiles at you and walks away.

"8th floor, room 121... b2st's room."