Nothing but the truth..

Shower Of Sorrows [ In the process of editing ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Come on now dear, just a bit more.." The nurse pulled my right hand up slowly and then down before moving on to my left hand. "That's it.. just a little bit more"

 

"I still can't feel my right hand" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in. "It's useless this therapy when we all know this hand wouldn't work anymore"

 

"Don't give up hope yet my dear, you will never know until you try" She continued pulling up both my hands.

 

"It's been two weeks into this therapy but there isn't any results showing, it's not helping me in any way at all" I pulled myself up from the flat surface and sat up. "Why don't we just stop this?"

 

"You should continue with that therapy ~~~~~" I turned around and realized that it was Chanyeol. "I know it's been two weeks but you shouldn't give up so easily.."

 

"It's useless Chanyeol, i can't feel the muscles on my hands or the nerves on my fingers" I glanced over to my right hand," it's already gone"

 

"Here, have some warm water" The nurse passed me a cup," Your session is done for today, don't forget to come again the day after tomorrow"

 

The moment she left the room, i threw the glass of water onto the ground. Pulling my knees to my chest, resting my forehead on top of my knee and then, right there, i started crying. I couldn't help it. "It's gone.....It's gone....."

 

"Look, you still have your left hand am i right? Your left hand is still working" Chanyeol came closer and took a seat next to me.

 

"It's weak Chanyeol, it's far too weak" I covered my face with both of my palms. "So why don't we just give up this sessions huh? I don't want to go anymore.. It only gives me false hopes that my hands are going to work again"

 

"~~~~~, ~~~~~ look at me" He placed an arm on my shoulder but i didn't even looked up. "please?"

 

When i finally looked up with him with eyes that i could feel was already red and puffy, he gently wiped away my tears with the back of his fingers and cradled my head onto his chest. "Why do you give up hope so easily? There is hope for your left hand to be strong again..You could always learn how to use things with your left hand, sketch with your left hand, you are only nineteen.. there is so much more time for you spare and learn new things so why give up so fast?"

 

"It hurts Chanyeol, even though it's weak.. it hurts alot to just lift it up for more than a few seconds" I leaned my head even closer to his chest.

 

"Be strong, i'm here aren't i?"

 

"But what am i going to do with these hands of mine? I hate being weak Chanyeol but these pair of hands i have now just shows me how weak i am going to be soon and my right hand is already a gone case" I could feel the burn in eyes but i didn't let myself cry again.

 

"Stop saying your right hand is gone..it is still there isn't it? Just because it isn't working like how it used to be, you chose to just say it is gone? Did the doctor say it to you that it was gone forever? Believe in yourself ~~~~~," He patted my head.

 

"I hate this..I hate this situation i am in"

 

"~~~~~! STOP IT ALRIGHT?" That was the first time Chanyeol had raised his voice at me. Ever. Which had cause my whole body to tensed up and shivered alittle in fear. Chanyeol seems to realized this because he immediately wrapped both his arms around me tightly, "Sorry, i shouldn't have shouted, i am so sorry. It is just that, i don't want you to give up so easily.."

 

"B-but.."

 

"You will never know if you never try, i know it's been two weeks but why don't you just keep trying? I don't think your right hand is lost forever and like i said, even if it won't work the way it was before, you still have hope for you left hand am i right?"

 

I remained quiet.

 

"You're a strong girl ~~~~~ and i truly believe that things will get better with your hand so don't give up hope, it isn't too late for anything to happen"

 

"But it hurts Chanyeol.. the sessions... the therapy sessions..the process of trying to make these hands of mine to work like it did before hurts.."

 

"You shouldn't be hurting.....it should be me instead" It wasn't loud but i was sure that i heard what Chanyeol had said.

 

"W-what do you mean?" I asked and tried to pulled myself up but Chanyeol's gripped on me tightened, preventing me from making any move.

 

"I'm sorry,"

 

"C-chanyeol?"

 

"I'm really sorry,"

 

"Chanyeol, why are you say sorry?"

 

"I...I didn't mean to hurt you, i-" but Chanyeol's sentence wasn't being able to continued because Sehun barged into the room with a bag full of sushi and i immediately pulled myself away from Chanyeol.

 

"~~~~~! Oh hey there hyung! I bought sushi!" He walked over and settled down onto the seat next to us. " So, how's the therapy going?"

 

"What a timing to come Sehun..." Chanyeol stared down at Sehun and shifted a little further from me.

 

"Well~ I'm sorry if i interrupted anything but i didn't want to eat the sushi alone so i decided to pop by and visit you during your sessions, sushi?" He held up the bag and was about to take out the bento box when i stopped him and said that we should head outside to eat it instead.

 

"You could tell me what you wanted to tell me back home later on okay?" I told Chanyeol and he just nodded his head.

 

...

 

"Can't wait till you'll be back in college" Sehun slung his arm around my shoulders as we sat by the cafeteria in the hospital.

 

"I'll be back tomorrow, i was suppose to back today but dear Mr Park didn't want me to go just yet" I rolled my eyes playfully at Chanyeol before Sehun helped fed me a piece of sushi.

 

"Oh, erm, Mr Park is something bothering you? You seemed zoned out" Sehun asked with his mouth full of sushi.

 

Chanyeol straightened out himself and shook his head, " Nothing, just have alot of things in my mind lately..that's all" I looked at him, confused.

 

Alot of things in his mind? What kind of things?

 

"Sehun, do you mind helping get some drinks?" I asked and he instantly nodded his head. "An iced tea for me thanks, what about you Chanyeol?" 

 

"same"

 

"I'll be right back!" Sehun stood up and walked over to one of the drinks stall in the corner.

 

"What's bothering you Chanyeol?" I asked while he grabbed a piece of sushi with his chopsticks and pops it into my mouth.

 

"It's nothing" He shrugged.

 

"We'll talk when we get home" I told him as i chewed on the delicious piece of salmon mayo sushi. 

 

The ride home was quiet after Sehun left in a hurry because his mom called him, practically shouting onto the phone and he gave me an apologetic look but i told him that we could always have ice-cream another time. There it is again, with Sehun, i could easily forget about things and that i was always happy whenever i spend my time with him but when he is gone, all these thoughts comes back running into my mind.

 

I know Sehun was feeling very reluctant to go back home but his mom needs him, after he told me about what had happened to his mom ever since his brother died, his mom will always need him by his side.

 

I wish i still had my parents with me by my side. Even though Sehun'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter