Can't go a day without hearing Hyeri's name.

Shower Of Sorrows [ In the process of editing ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"so i'll see you on Monday oppa," Hyeri walked out of the apartment and stood infront of Chanyeol who was leaning against the front door.

 

"yup and thanks for coming though, i had a great time talking to you" Chanyeol smiled at her.

 

"so..i'll get going now, goodbye oppa~" and then she left after waving goodbye.

 

Chanyeol closed the front door and walked over to the room. "~~~~~? ~~~~~? aren't you going to come out yet? Hyeri has already gone back home and you're still in there?" he knocked on the door.

 

"I'll be out in a minute"  I got up from the seat near the window and went over to open the door to let myself out. "oh, she already went home?"

 

"yeah, why didn't you want to sit out front with us?" Chanyeol asked me.

 

"i felt like i shouldn't disturb the two of you but Chanyeol, can i ask you something?" I asked him as i walked out to the living room.

 

"sure, ask away"

 

"Why Hyeri?"

 

"huh? what do you mean?" I could sense the surprised in Chanyeol's voice.

 

"why Hyeri?" I asked again.

 

"i still don't get what you are trying to say ~~~~~~," he came and stood right infront of me.

 

I walked around him and took a seat on the sofa,"why Hyeri of all people?"

 

I think this time round, he understood what i was trying to ask him because he immediately went silent. "Chanyeol? C-chanyeol..?"

 

"Things happened ~~~~~~, people change.....don't every single soul in this world change one way or another? whether for the good or for the bad?" Chanyeol spoke out with his back facing me. "Hyeri has changed, i know she did so that's why i'm friends with her"

 

"but..."

 

"Don't think about the past Hyeri, this Hyeri isn't at all like the past. I like her company, she's really nice" Chanyeol continued. "she isn't that bad ~~~~~~,"

 

*crack* i could literally hear a piece of my heart breaking but i wouldn't show any sign of being hurt right now. I cant.

 

"she isn't that bad.." i muttered to myself, not loud enough for Chanyeol to hear.

 

Hyeri has changed you say? So if a person has indeed changed and became a better person, it's alright to just break another person's promise? Just because Hyeri isn't like the old Hyeri anymore, you chose to fall in love with her?

 

Just because Hyeri has changed, you couldn't wait for me to get over my slight depression state and chose to fall in love with her instead? You couldn't just wait for a little while longer?  Was waiting for me to get back to how i used to be made you impatient?

 

Or were you thinking that i will forever remain quiet and unable to speak forever?

 

"I like her company, she's really nice" was what you just say, you like her company. Don't you enjoy mine? Was i too silent for you the past months that you couldn't take it anymore?

 

My parents died Chanyeol, how will you feel if your parents left you for good?

 

"So forget the past, and look at the present ~~~~~," Chanyeol told me as he turned around and placed his hands on my shoulders. "things changed, people changed and besides Hyeri is just one of my close friends, you are still my one and only"

 

I looked up to him directly in the eyes as my mind thought of others things. "Hyeri is just one of my close friends" that sentence repeated in my mind as i looked at him. One of your close friends. Why can't i believe in those words?

 

"b-but it's Hyeri, Chanyeol.. we are talking about Lee Hyeri aren't we?" i asked him. "How can i person change so fast?"

 

Wait, a person can change so fast. Like the person who is standing infront of me right now.

 

"trust me, she's changed"

 

"i.....i......" cant seem to trust you at all Chanyeol " i trust you.."

 

Chanyeol smiled and bend down a little to give me a little kiss on my forehead, "want to go out?" he asked me.

 

"hang on, something isn't right.. When she came into the apartment and saw me, it seems as though she doesn't know me at all"

 

"what do you mean ~~~~~?"

 

"She acted as though it was the first time we met each other" i told him.

 

"it cant be, come on she must have known you, i mean who are we trying to kid here"

 

"but really Chanyeol, when i came by the door, it felt as though it was the very first time she had seen me..."

 

"nah, you are just thinking too much about it~ hmm so where should we go today?" He changed the topic.

 

I let out a little sigh, "where to?"

 

"anywhere you want to go and i'll take you there~"

 

"then anywhere is fine by me"

 

Chanyeol stood up straight and started thinking before he snapped his fingers, "If you say so~ " and i nodded my head.

 

"alright i'll go and get changed first" i told him and i head over to the room.

 

Honestly, i don't have the mood to go to even go out today but because Chanyeol rarely asked me to go out with him on the weekends, i'm gonna use my chances that just today after what happened, Hyeri is just a friend to Chanyeol and nothing more than that.

 

...

 

We walked together to the busstop when Chanyeol decided to interlaced our fingers together."Today seems like a really nice day isn't it?" I looked up to him and just let out a smile.

 

I'm not going to think about anything else. I'm just going to think that this was like any other dates we always do back in our high school days, back to the days when nothing changed. I'm going to be at least genuinely happy today. Happy, the feeling I longed to have every single day.  

 

We reached just in time for the bus and made our way towards the back of the the bus. It was a saturday, a weekend yet the bus isn't that full. "Aren't you hungry? You didnt had breakfast with us earlier" Chanyeol asked me as soon as the both of us had taken a seat.

 

"Abit but I'm fine, I ate some stuff while I was making your soup so I'm not that hungry" I told him and shifted my gaze outside the window.

 

"You sure?" He asked.

 

"Yes Chanyeol, I'm fine" I turned around and held his hand in mine before leaning my head on his shoulder.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter