Chapter 35

Love and Revenge

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, just enter the house.”

Jongin asked me in a worry tone but I lied to him and approached the door pretending that I wasn’t scared. But seriously I really saw a pair of feet without shoes entered this house and there feet were pale like there was no blood. I was about to open the door but Jongin stopped me.

“If you’re scared, you can wait outside.”

“I’ll never do that. I followed you here because I was worry and I couldn’t let you go alone either.”

“You followed me???”

“How did I end up here if I didn’t??”

I suddenly remembered what that old lady told me. First I thought it was the ghost of Mei Lin.

“Why did you follow me?”

“It’s not important now, let’s get inside.” He grabbed my hand and leaded the way.

When Jongin opened the door, the disgusting smell came out. The deeper we entered, the darker it became. We both walked in the darkness.

“Rainy, don’t let go of my hand.”

“-O-”

“Yah, it’s not the time to hesitated, we might lose each other.”

Right, why did I have to think about some weird imagination? There’ no time for shyness!!!!

“Ok!”

I grabbed his hand tightly. The smell came from his body was fresh like lemon and it covered all the bad smell and I could feel the warmness from his big hand. Suddenly my heart thumped like it did 3 years ago. What happened to me????

Jongin was leading the way like a real man and I tried to look around by a little source of light from outside. My hand was shivering from fear and Jongin noticed it.

“Still wanna go?”

“Yes.”

I determinedly said and tried to control my hand from shaking. I followed him and now my eyes could adjust to the darkness better so I could see the shadow of table, chair…etc.. but I couldn’t get the detail.

“Be careful!” Jongin told me when we walked pass the messy paper box. This place wasn’t really old and abandon-looked like it thought. There was no spider wep nor dust and it seems like it was taking care by someone.

“Ahhh!” I exclaimed when I heard something.

“What’s wrong, Rainy?”

“Be quiet and listen.”

“Eh? O.O”

Somewhere… over the rainbow…way up high…and the dreams… that you’ve dream of…once in a lullaby….

The voice sounded like a whisper and I could barely hear it.

“Did you hear?” I asked Jongin.

“This song sounded so familiar….

“Somewhere over the rainbow, Mei Lin’s favorite song.”

I still remembered it exacatly, when she was alive she sang this song often and she liked it a lot. And now I felt like she was here with us.

“It came from the upstairs.” Jongin said then we both continued to walk forward and it became darker and darker but the voice also became clearer too.

“Jongin….

“We’re climbing the stairs!”

“-O-”

“Be careful!”

He told me then we turned left while I was keeping my balance on the stairs. We were climbing up and the voice sounded even clearer and that meant we came to the right way. When we arrived, we saw a room on the opposite of the stair and I think it was the room where I saw Mei Lin standing.

“This room!” I whispered to Jongin and he nodded before twisted the doorknob.

“It’s locked.” He turned to me. I tried to open it myself and it was really locked but then  my ears caught something, footsteps.

“There was a person inside.”

“O.O”

“I heard footsteps.”

“But----------------

Something told me to open the door again and this time it wasn’t lock anymore. I slowly opened the door while my heart was beating like crazy. Immediately, the voice of someone singing was gone and all I heard was my own heartbeat.

The coldness came from the room made me shiver and because the curtain inside the room was old so there was no light came inside and I couldn’t see anything.

Bang

The door was closed and that made me jumped in shock. I wanted to call Jongin but no words came out. There were no words to describe such a horrible atmosphere right now. I took a few steps forward and my feet touched something.

“Ahhhhhh” I felt like my legs twist and I couldn’t reach Jongin either and finally I ended up fall down on my .

“Rainy??” Jongin’s voice echoed across the room but I couldn’t see him but hearing footsteps approaching me instead.

“Jongin!!!”

“Rainy, where are you?”

“I’m right here.”

“Grab my hand!”

I threw my hand in the air trying to find his.

“I couldn’t find you.” I told him.

“I’m here, grab my hand.”

Through his voice, Jongin was standing somewhere next to me and finally I could find his hand.

“Thanks!!” I said and tried to stand up but what he said made me fell on my again.

“Rainy, grab my hand.”

“Eh??”

“Rainy, where are you?”

Why did he keep telling me to grab his hand? I already did or that hand wasn’t belong to him???

“Jongin, are you grabbing my hand?”

“NO, I couldn’t find you.”

“Wh…what???” My heart almost popped out from my chest and I tried to free myself from the grip but the other side didn’t let go of my hand.

“Rainy?”

“Jongin, help!”

“What’s wrong?”

“HELP!!!”

“Calm down, it’s me. I was just kidding.”

“What?”

“I’m kidding.”

Kidding? Is it a time for joke?

“Yah KIM JONGIN!!!”

“hahahahaha”

“It wasn’t funny!”

“I didn’t think you’d be this shock.”

“It’s time for joking.”

“Sorry!”

“Tsk, forget it. Are you standing next to the curtain?”

“Curtain??”

“Yes,!”

“Aw I found it!”

“Open the curtain!” And he did as I told. The moonlight shined in and gave some source to the room. The room was brighter so I turned to Jongin but the one who was grabbing my hand right now wasn’t him.

“Mei…Mei-------------

Did we confuse? I thought he was holding my hand and he thought I was holding his too but the person who standing between us is

“MEI LIN!!!”

We call out her name in the same time!!!