Chapter 20 Complicated

FanGirlFriend

Jae Mi said that you need to give yourself a chance and do what makes you happy. That’s why now, your spazzing again, visiting his fanpages, because this, is what makes you happy. Your gaze landed on the side of the screen. You saw an article saying “Taeyeon’s side, is this means that their feelings are mutual?” You took a deep breath then you clicked the link of the article. There’s a video of her in an interview.

“Someone told us that every Saturday, you’re going to SMent building for your voice lessons.”the MC said

“Yeah, I go to SMent building every Saturday morning.” Taeyeon said

“And they said that you’re always with a guy when you go to SMent building.” Taeyeon’s eyes widened then she chuckled “Who is that guy ?”

“It’s…”

“Who ?”

“It’s Baekhyun .” Taeyeon answered honestly

“Baekhyun from Exo? The two of you are dating right?”

“Not yet” Taeyeon shook her head while chuckling

“Not yet ?! So it means, soon ?”

“Maybe?”

“What type of guy do you like? Do you like someone like Baekhyun ?”

“To be specific, I like Baekhyun, he’s my type, he’s kind, sweet and positive. And also a good singer and dancer. You can enjoy every moment when you’re with him.” Taeyeon explained, a blush formed in her cheeks.

“Can you send him a video message?” the MC asked, she nodded and mouthed “Sure”

“Hi Baekhyun-ssi ! How are you ? Hmm, I just want to say thank you for making me laugh everytime that I’m sad. Thank you for staying by my side when I have a problem, especially with the girls. Congratulations to you and to Exo. Exo fighting ! Baekhyun fighting ! Saranghaaaee !”

 

                You immediately dialed Baekhyun’s number, you need to talk to him. Maybe this is the right time, to make all the things clear.

“What do you need ?” Baekhyuns said as soon as he answered the call.

“I need to talk to you.” You murmured, trying not to stammer.

“I’m busy, just leave me alone.”

“Let’s meet at the Namsan Tower, 5 o’clock, I’ll wait there.”

“But I told you, I’m ~” you hung up “Hello ? Yah ! aish !” he hissed, he dialed your number, and after a few rings, you answered it. “Don’t wait for me, because I’m not going there.”

“We need to talk, so you need to go to Namsa~”

“You’re not my girlfriend anymore, so stop telling me what to do.” He yelled

“I’m going to wait.” You said then you hung up again

“Yah ! Minhye ! Aish !” he threw his phone because of frustration. Chanyeol flinched because of shock; he accidentally eavesdropped to your conversation with Baekhyun. Chanyeol picked up the phone when Baekhyun left their dorm. He the phone and he read the messages that you sent.

 

From: Minhye <3

I’m already here at Namsan

 

From: Minhye <3

I’ll wait for you.

 

“Is this Baekhyun’s girlfriend? This must be her !” Chanyeol saved your number to his phone, then he left Baekhyun’s phone on the table. He get his jacket, he was about to leave when Suho saw him.

“Are you leaving?” Suho asked, Chanyeol nodded “Where are you going?”

“Namsan Tower, I need to go hyung. See you later.” He said then he scurries away from Suho.

 

            Baekhyun is in the park, thinking if he should go to Namsan or not. These days, his mind is a mess. He thinks that everything is so complicated. He suddenly remembers the day when Lee Soo Man talked to him.

 

                They’re done with their meeting, when Lee Soo Man told him to stay because they need to discuss something important.

“Byun Baekhyun, do you still remember the issue about your girlfriend?” Baekhyun’s eyes widen then he nodded. “I want you to pair yourself to someone in this company.”

“What ? What do you mean ?”

“To cover up that issue, you need to pair yourself, for example, to one of the members of SNSD. I’m not doing this for my company’s popularity, I’m doing this to help you, because I’m sure that my daughter will never stop bothering you and your ex girlfriend. So this is for your own good Baekhyun.”

 

“I’m not going to Namsan, I’m sorry, I just want you to live with a peaceful life. Im sorry Minhye.” Baekhyun mutter, he went home and texted you, telling his decision.

 

Chanyeol arrived at Namsan Tower, he’s searching for Baekhyun’s girlfriend. He hid at the piles of locks there while punching your number on his phone. He followed the sound of the ringtone, then when he finally saw you, he smirked. “Gotcha !” he sat on the bench beside you.

 

You flinched when your phone rang loudly, it was a call from an unknown number, when you’re about to answer, it suddenly stops ringing. You received a message from Baekhyun and he says that he is not going to Namsan, so you should go home. But you decided to wait for him, eventhough you already know that you’re going to wait there forever.

 

 

The cold wind blew, and snows started to fall from the sky. Chanyeol ran to you and put his jacket on your shoulder. You smiled because you thought that he is Baekhyun. You looked up, the smile from your lips faded.

“Oh ! I know you !” Chanyeol beamed “You’re the girl that I’ve dated because of the concert.”

“Yeah, that’s me, Im Min Hye.”

“Oh ? And you are Baekhyun’s girlfriend?”

Your eyes widened because of his question, you were caught off guard. You coughed and avoided his gaze.

“I bet that Baekhyun is not coming.” He said

“I know.”

“So why are you here ?”

“There’s a hope in my heart that says he’s going to come.”

“Do you know that waiting leads to disappointment?”

“No, waiting is painful but it can be something blissful as well.”

“Well, you’ve got a point. So are you going to wait here until forever?”

“If I need to, why not ? Just to clear this things up.”

“Mind sharing it?” he gave you a reassuring smile, you inhaled.

“Well, Baekhyun and I broke up because of SMent’s no dating policy. Eventhough, our relationship does not longer exist, we still love each other. He promised that he will come back and I promised that I will wait. But one day, everything become complicated, there are girls that are trying to get him or what. He became so cold, I became so confused, so I asked him if he still loves me, but he answered “I don’t know”. I want to know everything, the reason why he answered me like that.” You bit you lip, trying to hold back your tears.

“There are things that are best to left unknown. The truth will reveal itself, when you are ready. Just wait for him, if you really love him, you can wait forever. When you asked him, he answered “I don’t know” but it doesn’t mean that he doesn’t love you anymore.”

“You and my bestfriend told me the same thing.” You smiled “Thanks Chanyeol”

“No problem, you’re my bestfriend’s girlfriend”

“But~”

“Oh, yeah, I mean ex girlfriend. By the way I’ll walk you home.”

“No thanks, I can go home by myself.”

“Baekhyun will kill me, if something bad happens to you.”

 

“Where is that girl? Im so freaking worried here.” Jae Mi growled while sitting on the couch, waiting for you.

“Thanks” you said to Chanyeol when you arrived in the front of your unit. Jae Mi stood up and eavesdropped to your conversation with Chanyeol.

“No problem.”

“Is that Chanyeol?” Jae Mi asked herself, she ran when she heard the click when you unlocked the door. She peeked from the small allowance of the opened door and saw that Chanyeol kissed your temples as you bid goodbyes. She felt her heart is breaking in to pieces. She threw herself on the bed and buried her face in the pillow, pretending to be asleep.

“Jae Mi, you already sleeping?” you asked, she didn’t answer.

“Min Hye, you’re not going to steal my Chanyeol right?”