Chapter 18 Rivals

FanGirlFriend

Sorry for not updating since August, Im a little bit busy, so here's a not-so-long chapter for you. Thank you for waiting :)

 

“Are you going to Exo’s fansigning event ?” Jae Mi asked, you nodded. She is sick and she can’t go to Exo’s fansigning event and probably she can’t stalk Chanyeol. “If you see Starlight, can you please take a picture with her ?”

“Starlight ? Who is that ?”  you frowned

“Where do you live ? Are you from outerspace ? Are you an alien ? You don’t know her ? Seriously ?” you rolled your eyes

“Do you think I will ask you, if I already know her ?” you sarcastically said, she laughed

“Starlight is the richest fan of Baekhyun.”

“Really ?”

“Yeah, and she follows Exo wherever they go, she is capturing every single move of Baekhyun.”

“A sasaeng ?”

“No, not really, a hardcore fan maybe. But if you see her camera, it looks like a bazooka !”

“Bazooka ? What is that ?” you asked, she looked at you weirdly.

“Ignorance level of Bae Min Hye 101% ! Bazooka is ~ Ahm, I don’t know what exactly is that but I think you know Mr. Google or Ms. Dictionary, you can ask them what bazooka is.” She said then she grinned, you just rolled your eyes.

“Nice definition of Bazooka, Jae Mi ! By the way, I need to go bye !” you waved your hands

“Wait ! They said that Starlight noona is so beautiful, and based on my source, Baekhyun likes her that’s why, he is always looking at the camera when she takes a picture.” You stopped from whatever you are doing.

“Baekhyun likes her ?” she nodded, you ran to your laptop and you typed on the search box the word Starlight.

       The rumors about Starlight noona and Baekhyun came out to the screen. You saw a picture of her and you can’t deny it, she really pretty. You read the comments, some are insults and some are compliments.

She always catches Baekhyun’s eyes, I wonder what is her relation to him.

They said that Starlight noona is Baekhyun’s ex girlfriend.

Maybe Baekhyun likes her, she’s pretty.

It’s her camera that catches Baekhyun’s eyes, plus she is extremely tall that her height stands out from the crowd.

 

“I told you, she’s pretty, go to the fansigning event and find your rival.” Jae Mi smirked

“Rival ? I don’t think so, she looks nice.” She shrugged

“You also said that when you met Min Mi but what happened ?”

“Don’t judge a book by its cover, gotta go bye !”

“Bring Chanyeol here, okay ?” she yelled when you exited from your unit.

“I’ll try.” You yelled back

 

                While you are in Exo’s fansigning event, you’re still thinking about that Starlight noona. Does Baekhyun really likes her ? The pang of truth strucks in your heart, you are not his girlfriend anymore, so you don’t have any rights to be possessive. Your gaze landed on your foot and you saw a black thing on the floor, you bent down to pick up that black thing until you realized that it is a cellphone. You unlock the cellphone and Baekhyun’s picture flashes on the screen with a logo of starlight on the corner. It suddenly rang, you answered the call, and it is the owner asking you to meet her on the café outside the hall where Exo’s fansigning event was held. You went to the café and you saw a girl sitting alone in the corner.

 

“Excuse me, is this yours ?” you said, she looked up

“Yes, thank you.” She said, then she smiled “Take a sit, let’s talk for a while.”

“Did I see you somewhere ? You looks extremely familiar.”

“I’m the famous starlight I guess ?”

“Oh, so you’re starlight.”

“Yeah, hmm, you looks familiar too, I’m sure that we’ve already met. By the way I’m Soon Ri”

“I’m Min Hye.”

“Min Hye ! You’re Baekhyun’s ex girlfriend !” she beamed

“Huh? What are you saying ? H-How did  you ~” you stammered, this Starlight is really something.

“I’m Baekhyun’s bestfriend ! remember ? We met once, when I visited him in his school and you are with him. Too bad, we didn’t get a chance to know each other, but I know your name because Baekhyun talks a lot about you.”

“Really ?” that’s all that you can say, you are lost in words because, that famous starlight, the richest fan of Baekhyun is actually his bestfriend ?

“You’re really pretty Min Hye.” She beamed, you smiled

“Thank you.” You said shyly “By the way, can I ask you something ?”

“Sure, what is that ?”

“Ahm you are Baekhyun’s bestfriend but why are you stalking him ? I mean, you can approach him if you want.” She smiled

“I just want to challenge myself.” You frowned, she sighed “Hmm, okay, I really like Baekhyun, but wait, let me tell you a story. I am Baekhyun’s first love, he courted me, he did everything to make me happy, but that time, I had a crush on his friend, and that guy asked me out, that’s why I dumped Baehyun. But as the time goes by, we became friends, bestfriends. But now, I really like him, seems like the world turned upside down, Baekhyun and I changed positions. I’m the one who is stalking him now, but don’t worry, he is yours.”

“I’m not his girlfriend anymore, so don’t mind me.”

“Yah ! He still loves you, just wait for him.” Her gaze landed on the television on your back. “Look, it’s Exo.” You followed her gaze and you saw Exo in the television. “With Taeyeon.” You sighed silently.

 

“So Taeyeon, do you know Exo ?” the MC asked, she laughed

“Of course, I do. They are my hoobaes, we’re from the same company.”

“Can you tell us the name of the 12 members ?”

“I’m still not familiar with their names.”

“Can you name some members that you know ?” Taeyeon bit her lips, she’s thinking, and Baekhyun is expecting that Taeyeon will call him.

“Suho !” Taeyeon beamed, the Exo members “woah”-ed and clapped their hands, Baekhyun looks at Taeyeon coolly but deep inside, you know that he is praying to all the saints, wishing that Taeyeon would call his name.

“Chanyeol ! that is all I can remember, but next time, I’ll recite all their names.” Taeyeon said, Baekhyun smiled bitterly, he’s disappointed. You burst in laughter, Soon Ri looked at you.

“Bitter huh ?” Soon Ri smirked “Laughing at him because his crush doesn’t know him ?”

“No, it’s not like that.”

“He loves you more than other things in this world; he chose his dreams because he wants to prove something to you. There’s nothing to worry, even he is the #1 fan of Taeyeon, his heart only beats for you, so don’t  be jealous to Taeyeon, alright ?” you nodded. “Well, I need to go, seeya next time Min Hye, nice meeting you.”

 

                You got home from your little chitchat with Soon Ri. When you opened the door of your unit, you saw an unexpected guest.

“Unnie !” she excitedly ran towards you, you heaved out a loud sigh.

“Why are you here Ye Rim ?” her smile faded when you said that, Ye Rim is your cousin but you’re not close to her because she always makes fun of you.

“I’ll watch the 2nd day of SNSD’s concert tomorrow.” You suddenly remember Baekhyun, you smiled bitterly. “Unnie, can you accompany me ? I have one extra ticket !”

“You can go by yourself, I don’t want to go there.” You threw yourself on the couch. “Ask your Jae Mi unnie.” She looked at Jae Mi

“No, I don’t want ! I have a date tomorrow.” You frowned

“With whom ?”

“With Chanyeol !” she yelped, you sighed. Ye Rim looked at you with her puppy eyes.

“Jebal unnie !”

“Okay fine !”

 

                You’re texting Jae Mi while Ye Rim is enjoying SNSD’s concert. As usual, Jae Mi is stalking her beloved Chanyeol.

“Today, we will pick one lucky fan who can come with us, together with the other SM artists in a 2 days and 1 night vacation !” Yuri beamed.

“We will pick the lucky fan’s number here !” Taeyeon said then she raised a box. Sunny picked a paper with a number written on it.

“Look at to the last 3 numbers in your ticket.” Tiffany said

“3” Yoona shouted

“6” Sooyoung continued

“5” Hyoyeon yelped, you looked to the ticket that you’re holding and your eyes widened when you saw the last 3 numbers, it’s 365.

“Who is the lucky 365 ?”

“It’s me !” you shouted, Ye Rim looked at you

“Unnie, give it to me ! Jebaaaal ! You’re not their fan right ? Jebal unnie !” Ye Rim pleaded, you smirked

“No.” you stuck out your tongue

 

                You walked up to the stage and the girls welcomed and congratulated you. You waited to the backstage until the girls finish their final messages.

“Hi !” Taeyeon beamed, you just smiled “Let’s wait for the other girls, they’re changing in the dressing room.” You nodded

“Taeyeon noona !” someone called, you and Taeyeon looked up and you saw Baekhyun, holding a pink lightstick with a wide smile plastered on his face.

“Oh, Baekhyun-ah ! What are you doing here ?” Taeyeon asked

“Heechul hyung wants to give you this.” Then he gave a key

“What is this ?” Taeyeon frowned

“Drive for him for tomorrow’s outing.” She chuckled

“Nice, thanks Baek ! Oh, by the way, I want you to meet~ ahm, what’s your name again ?” Taeyeon asked you

“Min Hye, Bae Min Hye.”

“Oh, I want you to meet Min hye-ssi, she’s going with us tomorrow.” Baekhyun’s face turned pale when he saw you.

“Oh” Baekhyun muttered then he smiled weakly “I gotta go, see you tomorrow !”

 

                You heard a loud knock on the door.

“Jae Mi please open the door !” you said sleepily, then you covered your ears with a pillow.

“They’re here !” Jae Mi whispered while shaking your shoulders.

“Who ?”

“The members of SNSD.”

“What ?” your eyes widened, then suddenly, the door opened and the YoonYul couple with Tiffany barged in to your room.

“Min Hye !” they squealed

“Why are you still sleeping ? You’re not yet ready?” Yuri asked, you shook your head

“Aish !” Yoona hissed

“Go and take a bath, we will prepare your things.” Tiffany said

 

                You sleepily stood up and went to the bathroom. After one decade, you’re already done with your things in the bathroom. You’re bag is ready, thanks to the 3 girls. When all of you came out from your room, you’re shocked when you saw Baekhyun.

“What are you~” you said while staring at Baekhyun but Tiffany cut you in.

“We want Ryeowook to accompany us but he said that he wants D.O to come with us, and then D.O wants Baekhyun to come, so Tada! Sorry if we brought boys here.” Tiffany explained, you just smiled.

“It’s okay.”

 

                You’re in the resort together with the SMtown family. You felt awkward because you’re like an outsider that barged in to the party.

“Hi ! Min Hye right ?” Tae Min asked, you nodded “The girls are looking for you, they’re in the 6ft pool.” He said then he smiled before he left you. You went to the 6ft pool and you saw the girls playing around.

“Hey Min Hye !” Sooyoung called, then she waved her hand happily

“Join us !” Taeyeon said, you ran towards them, Yuri pushed you playfully but you lost your balance and you fell to the pool. Sunny squealed, Taeyeon jumped to the pool but ended up drowning. The other boys ran towards the pool and helped Yuri and Sooyoung to rescue you and Taeyeon. Baekhyun was shocked when he saw you unconscious. He was about to give you a CPR but MinHo gave you a CPR first.

“Baekhyun ! gave Taeyeon a CPR !” Hyoyeon shrieked, he was no choice, so he gave Taeyeon a CPR. You opened your eyes and you saw MinHo’s face, you sat up and you saw Baekhyun giving Taeyeon a CPR.

“That should be me.” You whispered, you stood up and you ran away from the group.

 

                It’s already midnight, you decided to walk in the seashore. You saw a familiar figure sitting in the sand.

“Baek” you called, he looked up

“Are you okay ?” he asked, you nodded “What happened ?”

“The girls were playing around, Yuri pushed me playfully but I lost my balance and fell in to the pool, then I saw Taeyeon pulling me up, but suddenly my vision darkened.”

“Taeyeon-noona saved you, you should thank here. Because of you, she got drowned.” You looked at him

“You’re worried to her huh ?” you chuckled bitterly, then you looked away. “I don’t know if I’m not really enough for you. But I’m trying my best to be perfect for you. Am I dumb ? Waiting for you even though I’m not sure if you will come back to me. Or I’m numb ? Because I didn’t feel that you don’t love me anymore. I’m trying to hold on but why are you letting go? Do you still love me?” you looked at him, hoping that he will answer “Yes” but your heart broke in to pieces when you heard what he said.

“I don’t know.”