What's the Matter?

Baby Come Back to Me

Hyeri’s POV

                                 I went back to my seat just in time for the dinner. I can’t keep myself from looking at Baekhyun. Whether I want to talk to him,  I miss him, or whatever reason I have, I can’t even explain at all. But of course seating beside Chanyeol, I should not be obvious.

                                 Honestly, I got disappointed that he’s not looking at my way anymore. Like he doesn’t feel the same itch I feel about seeing him again. I didn’t notice that I just sighed heavily.

“Princess, you want to go home? You know you shouldn’t have forced yourself to come with me here. Hyung will understand.” Chanyeol putting down his utensils to squeeze my hand.

“Oh. It’s okay. Don’t mind me. Enjoy oppa!” I said trying to assure him.

At first he was reluctant but we just continue with our meal. The MC spoke just some minutes later we finished eating.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we now come to that very special part of this engagement party, steeped in symbolism. The Waltz. Put your hands together for Victoria and Kris as they begin their special dance.”

As Victoria and Kris went to the center for the dance, I can’t help but to be fascinated by her beauty tonight. It hurts to imagine that this was one of the reasons why Baekhyun had fallen for her but the fact cannot be denied.

Am I too simple? I know I’m not as beautiful as her but am I not enough? I thought to myself and felt a tear fall. I hurriedly wipe it away so Chanyeol won’t be worried anymore. But no use, the more I control it the more it threatens to fall.

Memories of our own engagement three years ago flashed back to my mind. The way Kris looks at Victoria, it was the same way Baekhyun looked at me before. Full of love, as if it was never-ending but I think I was wrong. Whatever you have done to us Victoria, I just hope that it will not happen to you, so that I can trust to love again.

 



 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

                                 Although the celebration is thrilling and I’m becoming ecstatic, I’m worried sick. Why are you like that Hyeri-ah? Do you have a problem?

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we now come to that very special part of this engagement party, steeped in symbolism. The Waltz. Put your hands together for Victoria and Kris as they begin their special dance.”

We heard the Emcee say and I can’t help being excited. I will dance with Hyeri tonight until the end of the party. I secretly grabbed the small mirror in my pocket to see how I look. I grinned, my teeth is so white I got blinded.

“Aww. That one was so full of love.” The emcee said dreamily. “For our lovely guests, you may now join our couple on the center stage.”

Hearing him, I did not hesitate anymore to ask for Hyeri who was looking at somewhere but I was not able to look at it.

“Would you mind princess?” I said holding out my hands to her. At first she was surprised but she just laughed and took it anyway.

Throughout the dance I can see that she was bothered and I can’t help but to be sad.

“I can’t believe I got the chance to dance with a goddess.” I said trying to distract her from her thoughts.

She playfully slapped my shoulder, “You playboy.” She said sticking out her tongue.

“Cute~ smile, you look more gorgeous with that.” I said pinching her nose.

“Well, look who’s talking.”

“I’m gorgeous?”

“No. You’re pretty.” She said laughing louder this time.

Fine. If you’re gonna be happy with that. “Hyeri-ah what’s the matter? Why do I feel you’re so troubled?”

“Nothing. I was just-” she was about to say something but stopped. She seemed surprise with something she saw behind my back. I turned to look what it was.

Baekhyun. Now I know. How can I even forget that he was here too? I suddenly remembered the plan, of course I was doing this to help them. Too bad I fell for Hyeri in the process.

“Dude, can  I ?”

“With me ? Baek we’re both man.”

“No. With Hyeri.”

I stepped back a little and let him have his way. I looked at Hyeri once more and saw that she was lowering head.

“It’s okay Hyeri-ah. Talk to him.” I said after lifting her chin up. I encouraged her just in case she was reluctant because I was here. “You’ll be fine.”

I gave her hand to Baekhyun and saw that she was uncomfortable at first but her eyes tell the other way. She longed for him, I can see it. They talked and danced as if they were the only people there.

I stood up and went to Kris. “Hyung. I have to go. Congrats.” I said hugging him tightly.

“This early?” He asked confused. He understood my silence and scanned the place for Hyeri and Baekhyun and became quiet seeing that they are dancing together.

“Oh, I see. Thanks for coming Chan. Are you going to be okay?”

“Yes. Of course. I’m fine.” I said and bid goodbye to Victoria also.

I hailed a cab going home. While I was inside I look at my wall paper.  Hyeri and I posed cutely as she was crossing her eyes and me pretending to kiss her on the cheek. Will this happen again?

 

 

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

pearl94

Thankyou! enjoy :)

 

EXO_luver  wow :D are you going to write a fic ? Good luck ! I'm glad i was able to help you. I'll support you on that :) Hwaiting !

SYoungie Of course, you're always so nice :") dun worry i'll make a sequel for that. Uhm, an angsty one again ? LOL just kidding

exoticexothe12 the next chapter will be his move :))) stay tuned

DeerHan90  Aww i feel really pleasured. thankyouvery much. It was nice hearing from you. There's more kind of that moment on the succeeding chapter :)

 

An update ! enjoy :")