Bittersweet

Baby Come Back to Me

Hyeri's POV

 

“Here we are.” Chanyeol said stopping by the gate as he was just a little ahead of me.

“Thanks oppa. Sorry for taking so much of your time. ”

He ruffled my hair and laughed. “My pleasure princess.”

“That was funny.” I chuckled.

“By the way Hyeri-ah, about what I said a while ago. I was just kiddi-”

“It’s ok. I meant what I said. Doesn’t matter if you’re kidding.” I said although I feel like I’m confessing to him. Anyway, I’m not. We just talked about what ifs.

I held myself from laughing so hard seeing Chanyeol’s wide eyes. Wider than Kyungsoo’s actually.

“W-well.. as I was saying I was just joking.” He said and he walked pass me. “And you should know that jokes are half-meant.” He added as he waved goodbye not looking at me.

                It was already 11 pm so I decided not to cook. I’m sure Baekhyun has already eaten dinner. I didn’t bother to wait for him anymore, go home if he wants; he’s not going to talk to me anyway.

                The day after, the blinding light of the sun woke me up from my deep slumber. I went upstairs to check if Baekhyun’s there. He’s not. I felt a little disappointed although he has done that many times, I’m still not used to it. I’m worried, I’m still his wife.

                I put my earphones on while preparing Kimchi. I didn’t make so many like how I used to because lately, the food I prepare are just wasted. Baekhyun doesn’t even check if I cook something for him.

                To my surprise, a pair of hands wrapped around my belly from the back.  Frightened, I was going to scream for help but I heard the man talk. “Sorry.. sorry Hyeri.. I’m really sorry.”

                Baekhyun. My Baekhyun. Why are you being like this? What’s happening to us? And why am I like this? I was moving on, preparing myself that any moment you’re going to leave me. But here you are again, pulling me back. And as if nothing painful had happened, my arms are always wide open to accept you. Why ?

My tears poured out non stop as I cherish this moment I’m having with him. Is all of this a dream? Then don’t wake me up anymore.

                It breaks my heart. Stop crying Baek, I don’t want to see you cry. What happened? Have you eaten already? Are you being hurt? There’s so much I want to ask him, but I can’t. Not now, not at this moment.

                I don’t understand anything for now, why you acted so distant lately. Even up to now I don’t understand you. But one thing I know, I love you Baekhyun. Even though it’s so painful already.. I love you, nothing has changed.

 

 



Baekhyun's POV

 

Just when i wanted to resolve my relationship with my wife.. Why ?

 

I hurriedly put on my clothes which were scattered on the floor and left the sleeping . I left the apartment looking around to see if someone sees me. Hailing a cab, I grabbed the phone in my pocket and dialed the number of Hyeri, I don’t know why, but I just want to hear her voice right now. She’s not answering.

Thirty minutes after, we’re still on the same street because of the heavy traffic. I paid the driver before getting off then I ran, ran to the streets of Seoul not minding the eyes looking at me. I ran till my legs sored, ran till I can’t make it anymore.

I’m so sorry Hyeri.. I’m really sorry my dear. My mind says repeatedly. My legs hurt, but it doesn’t matter. I have to see my wife. I have to talk to her.

I slammed the gate open and hurriedly went for the door. Trying to catch my breath I stopped at the doorway and saw Hyeri’s back facing me. She seemed not to hear me coming because she was still humming a song while cooking.

With little steps, I approach her, appreciating her fragile and petite figure. When I was already just a few centimeters away from her, I hugged her from the back. I hugged her tightly, I hugged her as if my whole life depended on it.

“Sorry.. sorry Hyeri.. I’m really sorry.” That’s all I can say. And with that, my tears poured out staining the shirt of Hyeri but she didn’t mind.

I’m not strong. I’m stupid. I’m unfaithful. I don’t deserve you. But let me do this for once. If this is the last time I’ll be able to do this, let me. If this is the last time you’ll permit me to hug you, to cherish you, after you find out what happened, allow me.

Hyeri, on the other hand, who seemed to be surprised with what I did, didn’t do anything though. She did not move even an inch. With that, I’m thankful.

I felt a pang in my heart as I felt her tears on my arms. It was flowing uncontrollably, just like mine. And I’m sorry for making you cry.

 

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

EXO_luver

jesstephi

exoticexothe12

SYoungie

you guys are so sweet :'( and i just can't stop mentioning you here cause you give me so much encouragement with your comments.

And i'm sorry if this chapter doesn't satisfy you guys. I know you're all waiting for Hyeri to leave our Bacon but

we will be there.

2 more chapters i think :)

Hope you still support me even if my story is slow in progress.

KAMSAHAMNIDA !