What Happened to us ?

Baby Come Back to Me

“I heard that Victoria went back from China.” He said , his turn now of not looking at me.

“Really? Baekhyun-oppa did not mention anything to me. How is she ?” I asked trying to put on a smile.

He let out a heavy sigh, aware of my true feelings of the current situation. “Hyeri, you can stop hiding what you’re really feeling right now. I know you’re worried. And just so you know, I know how baekhyun treats you lately.”

I didn’t answer. I distracted myself from any unpleasant thoughts that will cross my mind. I played with the cup of coffee I was holding firmly, like how I’m holding back my tears threatening to fall any moment.  I don’t wanna cry infront of Chanyeol. There’s no reason to cry. I know we can work it out. Baekhyun and I can work it out.

                Chanyeol squeezed the top of my hand. “You can tell me anything Hyeri. Baekhyun’s not my only friend here. You know I’ll support you two whatever happens. ” I smiled at him sincerely, feeling grateful that I have him by my side.

                “Don’t worry oppa. I will tell you if there’s a problem.” I said. He smiled knowing that somehow I feel comforted.

                “Okay, so do you have time for some movie marathon today ? My house, the hyungs are there too !” the derps are back.

                “Sure do!” I said consuming the remaining coffee then we left the coffee shop.



“Hyeri noona !” Sehun come running to hug me to which I obliged. “When are you free noona? Xiao Lu and I are planning to visit Lotte World next week. Come with us.” He said and I ruffled his hair. So much cuteness Sehun.

“You’re here Hyeri-ah! Come let’s play. Kyungsoo just downloaded a new game for us.” Kai  said shouting from the living room. “Later boys.” I said chuckling.

I sat at the sofa together with the others who were just watching some variety show. Chen handed me a soda and asked how I was. We talked nonstop to keep updated with each other now. Aside from Chanyeol, Chen is also close to me. Actually all of them are, but Chen was my classmate when we were in Junior high.

These guys never fail to make me smile when I’m down. They probably know what’s going on because they made an effort to invite me today and cheer me up. Things that they only do when Baekhyun and I are in some sorts of misunderstanding. Sometimes they’ll invite me here to ask if everything's alright but sometimes they personally go to our house to check up on Baekhyun and me.

I can feel that they are being careful in choosing their words to ask how things between Baekhyun and I are going. Like they know something I don’t. I don’t want to ask them though, because I’m scared. Scared of what will be their answer. Scared that it will be a cause of something I never want to happen.

  I ate dinner with them and I didn’t notice the time. I got shocked to see it was already 7:00 pm. Baekhyun will be home in an hour and I have not yet prepared anything for him . I bid goodbye to the boys and they offered  a ride but I insisted. I won in the end and took a cab on my way home.



 

                Because of the heavy traffic I arrived an hour after. Baekhyun must be home now because the lights were on. I opened the door and immediately saw him at the kitchen counter talking to someone on the phone.

                He was laughing. Is he in a good mood now? Maybe I can talk to him already.

“Yes Vicky I got home safe. Take care okay? I miss-.” He said chuckling and got surprised to see me at the kitchen doorway.

“I’m looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Bye.” His tone changing into a formal one then he hung up.

“Who was that?” I asked him. He glared at me. “ A client. It’s none of your business though.” He said then left me in the kitchen to go upstairs.

“Have you eaten your dinner?” I asked sadly. Maybe he’s not in the mood to talk.

“Do I have anything to eat here? Have you prepared something for me?” he asked stopping at the foot of the staircase.

“S-sorry Baekhyun-ah.. I was just at-”

“I don’t care. I’ll sleep now.You sleep in the couch.”

“W-why ?”

“Punishment. You did not prepare dinner and I want to sleep comfortably as a payment. Please, do your job.”

                He locked the door of our room. I know, because I tried to check up on him. He was sleeping comfortably already and here I am crying my heart out. Still having the same question I carry in my heart for a long time now, what happened to us?