Chapter Two

Dream On, Dancer Darling

 

Time to give up on this dream...
 
I auditioned for Super Junior two months ago. It's now November 1st, 2012.  I hadn't gotten a single phone call or email at all. Not going to lie, I felt crushed. It was silly of me to even think that I could've possibly gotten the job. Although I guess if one of the best members of Super Junior tells you that you're the best dancer he's seen, you tend to get your hopes up. I noticed on the SM Entertainment website that they closed their search and they'd contact their choice soon. That was a month and a half ago and I didn't get a single call. So I gave up. I started teaching down at the local dance studio and I started drinking. I hadn't really drank before, but I've really started ever since a month and a half ago. I, of course, watched all of the conferences and videos Super Junior was in and everytime they were asked about a choreographer, they all didn't know. 
 
I was at home, sitting on my couch, watching some crappy American television, and eatting a bowl of cereal like every normal 25 year old on a Friday night. I didn't feel like doing anything else. I didn't really want to talk to any of my new-found friends I'd met down at the dance studio and I definately did NOT want to dance. I just want to eat my cereal in peace. Suddenly, my home phone started to ring. Oh my god, if that is my damn mother talking about her new cats again, I swear to God I will punch a hole in this television. I stood, placed my cereal on the kitchen table, and walked over, picking up my phone and answering it.
 
"Hello?" I answered.
 
"Hello, is this Soo Ming?"
 
"Um, yes, this is. Who is calling?"
 
"Hello, this is Vincent from SM Entertainment." No. Wait. What? Why is Vincent calling me? I don't understand.
 
"Oh, my God, hello! How can I help you?"
 
"We're calling about your audition for our choreographer position for Super Junior." This is a sympathy call! Really? I thought no-one did these anymore. "We loved your audition! You've got the job." I screamed, probably deafening poor Vincent on the other line.
 
"Thank you! Thank you so much!" I was physically crying right now. I was trying to contain myself, but this was the greatest moment of my life. 
 
"We're thrilled to have you on board. Sorry it's been so long since the audition, we've had some trouble with our staff. We'd like to move you out to SM headquarters here in Seoul, South Korea. Effective immediately. Is that fine?" I stopped.
 
"How immediately are we speaking, sir?" 
 
"We'd like you to move next week." Crap. 
 
"Okay, that should work."
 
"Amazing. Can't wait to see you again!"
 
"Thank you, sir. Thank you so much." 
 
We both hung up and I dropped to the floor in tears.