Chapter 6

The face I fell in Love with

“No,not really.Why?Do you?” “No.I find it really comforting talking to an adult.Especially if it’s a guy and he doesn’t have all those mood swings like my mom.” “What about your dad?He’s always working aswell?” “No he doesn’t work that much.He stays home and takes care of my brother most of the time.” “Oh I see…. . They ’re divorced?” “Yeah.He took my brother and mom took me.” “It must have been really hard on you huh?” “Yeah especially when I stopped seeing my brother so frequently.” “I know how you feel.When me and my sister were younger mom and dad had a huge fight because dad was having an affair and they were on the verge of divorcing.They decided not to divorce but instead they moved us to the states with them.” “And were are they now?” “They died when I was seventeen and we continued living with our relatives at that time.But we didn’t really feel comfortable with them so then we moved back here me and Tiff.” ‘Oh so that’s why I didn’t see her for all those years.My poor noona and hyung.’Donghae thought to himself.

 

They were half way through their pizza’s when suddenly the atmosphere became silent .”So Donghae,what do you like to do in your free time?” “I drink,eat,watch dvd’s and play games.” “What about reading?” “Nehhh. Not that much of a reader.I prefer to look at the pictures instead of reading what’s inside of the book.” “What’s so fun about that?” “Pictures could be fun!” “Not as much as the story itself ” “Yeah probably.” Donghae said as he continued eating the pizza.When they were finished Eunhyuk started yawning and he felt sleepy.”I should probably go.You need to rest.Are you working tonight aswell?” “Yeah I always have the night shift.” “Okay hyung.Then have a good rest and tell Tiffany noona that…on second thought don’t tell her anything.”He stood up and he was about to leave when Eunhyuk stood up and grabbed him by the arm. Donghae looked at Eunhyuk and then he stuttered out”Wh-what is it hyung?” “I should be the one asking you that.What’s bothering you so much?When I saw you this morning you were bored,then happy and now you look down.Why is that?” “I’m just feeling tired.” “Are you sure?... I think you are having girl problems right?” “ANI ANI.I DON’T HAVE A GIRLFRIEND”Donghae tried to assure him. “If you ever need some advice don’t feel burdened to come and ask me.Even about girls.I could certainly help you out in that category.” “Yeah hyung. I’ll go now okay.See you later.”Donghae said feeling upset. ”Bye kid.”

Donghae left and he went home.He opened the front door but there was no sign that his mother had returned. He went upstairs and jumped into his bed and sighed.Why was he actually feeling like this?Maybe him talking about his little brother had made him want to see him.”Do I miss my baby brother??Is that why I’m so sad?” He did miss him all right but that wasn’t why he was sad.He was sad because Eunhyuk told him that he could help him when it came to girls.He didn’t want him to help him with girl problems.He didn’t want him to get near any girl that he might take a liking to.”I don’t want him to tell me how to get girls and I don’t want to have a girlfriend.”He pouted and then he realized what he had said.”NO WHAT AM I SAYING?? ? OF COURSE I WANT A GIRLFRIEND.TIFFANY NOONA.She’s the one I want.But...ugh what am I saying really???Stupid head.Stupid stupid heart beating so fast when you shouldn’t around the wrong people.”

Donghae started yawning and soon he fell asleep dreaming about cars and young Tiffany.When he woke up again it was already dark outside and Donghae decided to call Heechul at home.”Hello?” “Hey Chullie did you have fun with your dad?” “Actually.He had a little accident with the hook so we came back just now.Let’s just say that he won’t be able to walk for a while.” “Ouch it got stuck in his-“ “Don’t say it Donghae.He hears everything we say.” “Oh yes I do son.Oh yes I do.” “Oh hi Mr.Kim.” “Hello Donghae.” “I was wondering if my friend could come to my house?My mom isn’t home and I think she’s gonna pull an all nighter at work.” “Oh if that’s the case you can go and sleep at Donghae’s house son.” “Really dad?I can?” “Yes.Now I have to go. Gotta go put some ointment on my-beep beep beep beep.”Heechul’s father looked at the phone and then shrugged .Heechul went to Donghae’s house as fast as he could and when he arrived he went up to his room.

“Chul.I have a problem.” “What is it Hae?” “You know I like Tiffany right?” “Yup.” “And you know that I dream about her a lot right?” “Ooo.Let’s just hope it doesn’t happen tonight.I wanna sleep through out the night and not be woken up.” “Yah I don’t have those kinds of dreams.Not like you.” “I don’t either.” “Anyways. I dream about when she was younger but for some reason I don’t see her as the same person that she is now.” “People change Donghae.Without noticing we changed too.” “That’s true.” “Anything else you wanna say to me?” “Like what?” “Maybe someone wanted you to pass a message?” “…No?Why?Where you waiting for someone to contact you through me?” “No.Not really.” “You’re lying aren’t you?Tell me!!!” “No.I promise. I’m not waiting for someone to contact me or anything.” “Guess you are then. Hmm.I wonder who it is…Since we’re in the same class we know the same people.Who could it be.” “Nooo don’t try to figure it out!” “Hmm not Jessica cause she has a boyfriend.Tayeon still hates you for killing her pet bird in third grade and Sunny said she doesn’t want to date you already.” “Don’t think.Don’t think!!” “Then perhaps someone that’s not in school with us?”

Heechul’s eyes grew as big as flying saucers.”Don’t tell me that you like Eunhyuk hyung!!!” “No no no.I promise I don’t like anyone.” “Hmm I guess he won’t be your type, and he better not be or I’ll kick your-oh.” “OH WHAT??OH WHATTT???” “Perheps you like Han geng? ”Heechul gasped and that little gasp attracted Donghae’s attention “Pff. No! As if…maybe, yes !YES I LIKE HIM! I CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM AND HIS WARM CREEPY SMILE.” “Aigoo my friend  is head over heels.You fall in love quickly don’t you?” “Says the guy who fell in love with a girl only after seeing her at the baker’s for the first time!” “Touche. ” “Have you ever felt this way for someone except Tiffany noona?” “What do you feel exactly?” “I only met him once but I felt my heart beat increase when he got close to me and when he carried me on his back. I even felt embarassed when he waved at me with that stupid smile on his face.”

“Yes. That did happen to me too. ”he thought out loud.” It did??? Then you’re in love too but not with Tiffany noona?” “Oh did I say that out loud?” “Yes you did.” “Listen that isn’t love okay.I just admire this certain person not love him.Do you get it?That may be your case as well.” “Why should I admire a guy that I only met once?” “How should I know?You just saw something in him that you admired.It’s not love!” “I guess you’re right.I don’t admire him nor do I love him.I might aswell meet him next time and feel nothing.” “Exactly. That’s what I’m saying.” “Phew.Thank god I talked with you about this first, I feel all better and relieved now. I can go back to trying to persuade Sunny to go out with me.” “That’s the spirit.”

Heechul looked at the ceiling as he jumped on Donghae’s bed and he sighed. Donghae on the other hand felt really bad for saying all of this to his friend.Just because he only ”admired” Eunhyuk it didn’t mean that Heechul had to feel the same way about Han Geng.”Hey are ya hungry?” “Yeah.” “Let’s go eat.” “Anything but fish.” “Don’t worry today I will be serving my special dish.Grilled toast with a slice of cheese in between. Also known as Grilled cheese.” “Yum yum.Sounds Delicious.”Heechul said is sarcasm.”I know you secretly love the way I grill it.”They both started laughing and then ran to the kitchen tripping each other in the process.