Chapter 35

The face I fell in Love with

A week had passed and Donghae hadn’t text messaged Eunhyuk and neither had he. Henry noticed that his brother had been feeling depressed for the past week. He wanted to help him but he didn’t know how. They say that sometimes all a person really needs is someone to listen to their thoughts. Listening to someone can help very much especially if that person is very lonely. Donghae wasn’t all that loney in real life. He had his mom, his brother and friend and he had Eunhyuk. But where was Eunhyuk at this moment when he was feeling this fragile? Probably being sad somewhere alse.

“Hyung.” Henry said with a bit a hesitation as he entered his room. He was laying on his bed looking at the Tv. “Yeah Henry?” “Are you feeling okay?” “Yes I’m okay.Why?” “You look like a panda with those black eyes and honestly you reek. How long has it been since you washed?” “I don’t know three maybe two days.” “Don’t you think its time to hit the shower?” “You’re probably right.” “Not probably. I am.” Henry moved next to Hae’s bed while he tried to get up but was gonna fall. Henry caught him just in time and then took him to the bathroom. He waited outside for Donghae and soon after the latter came outside clean and well...smelling fresh. “Ahh much better” Henry said as he inhaled the nice scent that was being emitted from Donghae’s body. “Hyung. I was gonna go to the park but I’m too lazy to walk. Can you take me there with your bike?” “What are you gonna go there for?” “To hang out with hyung?” “Hyung?Who is that?” “Silly it's you of course. What other hyung would I have?” “Ah me.Well let me get dressed and then we’ll go.”

Donghae got dressed and then headed outside and climbed on his bike. He hadn’t rode it for some time now since he was always at home but it was good to be on his baby once again. When they arrived at the park they found a bench and sat down and looked at each other in silence. “What now?”Donghae asked “We’ll talk of course. I know it may feel uncomfortable and sad but you have to pour that heart of yours to someone and Super Henry is here to catch all the gooey stuff that will come out.Nowwww....start.”He looked at Donghae with big expectant eyes while Donghae just smiled and patted his head. “What should I say?” “Why you’re feeling depressed? Maybe why you seemed to have fogotten how to use the soap? Anything you want I’m all ears.” “Nahh you’re still too young to hear about this stuff.” “You should have kept that in my mind when you and Eunhyuk were in your bedroom last week.” Donghae looked down and sighed. “Okay so this is the problem. You did whatever you did with Hyukkie and now you’re not talking to him?” “He hasn’t texted me in a week.I can’t believe my first boyfriend dumped me so fast”

“A week? And did he say that you two are over?” “No he didn’t.” “Then as far as I know you two are still together. Did you text him?” “Well no but mom said that I should give him some space.” “She said some space not a life time Hae!! It’s about time you text him!” “But he didn’t want to see me.” “Well that’s because he’s been mentally scarred when he saw your small-“ “Henry!” “Sorry hyung. I couldn’t help saying it. But really you should text him,call him,visit him in his sleep do whatever you want just talk for crying out loud.”  “You think I should?” “Well obviously. Otherwise I wouldn’t have given you this speech.” Donghae nodded and he held his chin and then looked back at Henry. “You know. You’re really good at this. You should work as a pshyciatrist. Helping people work out their mind and stuff.” “I’m open to all options so we’ll see in the future hyung. Shall we get home? Or do you want to talk about something else?” “Well...” “What’s up now?” “You and Zhou-mi. You’re doing fine?” “Why wouldn’t we be fine?” “You guys still not together?” “Yup?” “How come he doesn’t come over anymore?I haven’t seen him in like forver.” “Oh that’s becuase I’ve been hanging out with Mr. Jae all week.” “What?! What about Zhou-mi?” “I’ don’t see what the problem is.” “Zhou-mi doesn’t have any friends except for you. He’s lonely.” “I think you’re exaggerating a bit.” “Aishh. I told you when you first came that he’s socially awkward and he has no friends. Why are you like this? Poor kid.” “I must have forgotten. But what else can I do?  I’m helping Mr. Jae get setteled in.” “You’ve helped him all week. He's got to get used to it on his own now and you gotta go find Zhou-mi.” “-“ “No butts. Zhou-mi is your friend. Don’t forget that. You said you liked him so why are you ignoring him like this?” “You’re right hyung.Can you take me to Zhou-mi’s house?” “Of course.” “Are you going to Hyukkie’s house?” “But it’s still morning.” “Soo?” “Ugh fine I’ll go already.”

When he arrived at Zhou-mi’s house Donghae waved at him and then left. He stared at the door and then took a deep breath and then moved forwards. He rang the house bell and after a few seconds Han Geng opened the door. “Oh Henry. You’re here.” “Yeah. Sorry I haven’t been around. I was helping our new english teacher.” “Oh so my brother got dumped for...HIM” “What do you mean dumped? It was only for this one week.” “Is that so? Then go in. He’s in his bedroom still asleep.” “Okay thanks hyung.See you later.” He went inside and went straight to Zhou-mi's bedroom.He silently opened the door and tip toed inside where he saw the sleeping Zhou-mi with drool coming out from the side of his closed mouth. “Hmm looks like he’ still asleep. How should I wake him up?” he talked to himself and then he got the perfect idea. He went to the kitchen and brought a piece of string from one of the cabinets.He started touching his face with it while making the sound that a big fly would make because he knew how much Zhou-mi hated it when he couldn’t sleep becuase a fly was roaming inside his room. He poked his forehead with it while the latter started frowning. Then his eyes, his nose and finally his lips. At that moment Zhou-mis eyes widely opened and he let out a big scream “YAHHHHHH!!” That was suppousedly directed towards the fly. Henry bent down because he thought that he was gonna get hit be Zhou-mi’s hands who were now flailing around and started to laugh.

 When the latter was out of breath and tired from all the yelling he spotted a small body curled up in a ball beside his bed and small noises were coming out from it. ‘Henry?’ “Is it funny? DO YOU THINK THAT THIS IS A JOKE?!!?!” “HELL YEAH.” Henry said as he started rolling on the floor while still laughing. “WELL I’M GLAD YOU FIND THIS FUNNY. NOW GET OUT.” “Out? Why?” “Because I don’t want to see you now out.” “B-but I missed you.” Henry said with a big pout. “Is that why you didn’t even bother looking at me in school the whole week? Cause I gotta say you have a pretty damn unique way of missing someone.” “Okay listen. I know that I left you alone after school. But I did it to help Mr.Jae.” “Mr.Jae Jae JAE.It’s always about him with you isn’t it.Well guess what I don’t care about him!” “Mi-mi.” “Don’t mi-mi me with that face. You were the one who left me alone not me. You dont even care about me enough to eat lunch with me.” Zhou-mi held his face while some tears escaped from his eyes. Henry understood that he had done wrong and he felt extremly apologetic towards him.He went over to him and gently folded him in his arms while he whispered in his ears. “I’m sorry Zhou-mi. I didn’t know that you were hurting this much because of me. I’m sorry. Please...Forgive me.”

He said as the other continued to cry in his arms. When he saw that Zhou-mi wasn’t going to stop crying he said one last thing to him. “Zhou-mi...I love you.” When Zhou-mi heard that he suddenly hugged Henry and said back to him in between his heavy breaths “I love you too.” “You do?” Henry said a bit hesitantly. “Yes, I do love you.” “Then now... you’re my boyfriend?” “Wasn’t that what we were meant to be from the very beginning?” Henry hugged him extra hard and then kissed his cheek and said “Yes, Honey.”