Chapter 30

The face I fell in Love with

“What ever you see, just stay calm okay. We can work anything out.” Donghae sighed and then nodded. He was released by Eunhyuk and then the both of them started going up the flight of stairs quietly. Donghae was very surprised.Very indeed. There was his mother looking through the slightly opened door that lead to Henry’s room. Her face was expression less and he was afraid to see what she was looking at. He got closer to her and when she looked at him her eyes seemed a bit disappointed. He took a peek through the door and he saw Henry on top of Zhou-mi.

Henry was not moving.He was asleep on top of Zhou-mi.His head was resting idealy on Zhou-mi’s rising and then falling chest.Their hand was entwined with each others while with the other they hugged each other’s waists. They were sleeping peacefully with the TV still on. The sound was muted so that their steady breathes could be heard being taken simultaneously. Their mother looked down to the ground and then sighed. She turned around and started going down the stairs but not before stopping in front of Eunhyuk and eyeing him from head to toe.Eunhyuk could be heard gulping and after Donghae went downstairs he followed behind him. “Mom? Are you okay?” “I’m fine Donghae. Your brother...why is he sleeping like that with another boy?” “Well...I think you should let him explain the reasons why.” “Tell me Donghae. Is that his boyfriend?” “Well ugh I don’t know...maybe?” “Maybe. I think he is. He’s been talking about his ‘friend’. He siad his name is Zhou-mi. Is that him?” “Yeah that is Zhou-mi.” “I can’t believe this. My little boy has grown enough and now he has a boyfriend.” She then remembers that Eunhyuk was there too and looks at Donghae. “Where is that man that was here a few minutes ago?” Donghae stepped to the side and there was Eunhyuk trying to hide behind his back even though he was taller and more built than him.

“Hello. Who are you if I might ask?” “H-hello M-ma’am. I am Lee Hyuk Jae. But my friends call me Eunhyuk.” “Eunhyuk...What a nice name.Nice to meet you.” “Thank you ma’am and it’s nice meeting you too.” Eunhyuk said with his shaky voice. “So are you my son’s friend?” “Ugh I am-“ “He’s my b-boyfriend.” “...Oh.” “Is that okay with you mom? That I’m dating a guy?” “I can’t keep you guys locked up in a bulb forever. Even if I wasn’t okay with it I still wouldn’t want my children to be un happy and all alone because of me.” “So it’s cool?” “Yes it’s ‘cool’ as you might say it.”she said with a smile on her face as she walked towards Donghae and enveloped him in a hug. “So Eunhyuk.How old are you?” “22 Ma’am.” He said as he straightened himself up. “What about your parents?” “They died a bit back and I live alone with my sister...” he thought about if he should add something else to his sentence but the nodded when he realized that it was enough so he continued and said “Ma’am” “Yah yah yah. No need to be so stiff when talking to me. I ain’t that old so you shouldn’t keep calling me Ma’am. I won’t bite you know...that’s my son’s job not mine.” “MOOOM!?!” Donghae looked at his mother with wide eyes while she just giggled and covered . “I’m kidding Donghae. I’m kidding. Now would you Eunhyuk like to stay for dinner?” “I would love to ma’- I mean mother”he felt a pang in his heart when he called her mother. He hasn’t called a person mother for a while now and he missed doing so. “But I have to get to my job.” “Oh I understand. Then I hope to see you next time Eunhyuk. I hope you get to work safely and have a good evening.” “ Thank you. Have a good evening too.”He said and then she waved at him and then headed to the kitchen where she said to herself “I wonder if I should wake the kids up.”

Donghae grabbed Eunhyuk’s overly sweating hand and then lead him to the door.When they arrived he turned to face Eunhyuk and kissed him on the cheek. “Well that was a big fuss for nothing. Henry isn’t a bad kid after all.” “See I told. Both he and Zhou-mi are good kids and they’re growing up in a messed up world.” “Yeah I guess you’re right.” “I’m gonna have to leave now Hae or else I’ll be late for work okay?” “Yes Hyukkie.Be good at work k?” “Of course. Or else my Hae will punish me.” “Yahh. That sounded weird” Donghae said as he chuckled. “Hahaha it did didn’t it XD.” After they continued to chuckle they went outside and kissed each other goodnight. One went back inside to help his mother with the cooking while the other left for his job. Oh how he had started hating it more day by day.

It was now Tuesday. Heechul and Donghae where on their way to school with Henry and Zhou-mi no where in site.Monday had already passed but for Heechul Tuesday was as bad as Monday. “Ughh stupid school. Stupid morning always coming. Stupid math teacher giving us extra homework. Stupid birds singing so loudly in the morning. Supid sun shin-“ “Okay,okay I get it you’re in a bad mood this morning. Will you give it a rest now from calling everything stupid?” “No. I hate everything. Stupid sun always –“ “Yah!” “Will you just let me finish?!?” “Fineee. Go ahead.” “Stupid sun always shining so brightly in the morning.” “When do you think it should shine then?The evening?” “Yes. If possible.” “Dude. You have a problem.” “Oh believe me I do. A big big promblem for the matter of fact.” “Huh? You don’t get offended any more do you?“ “No and my problem’s name is Han Geng.” “Aishh. What happened now?” “Well yesterday I went to his house and he gave me some tea.” “Oh really what kind?” “Does it really matter?” “I guess not.Continue?” “Well I promised him that he could kiss me when we’re alone so he wanted to kiss me.” “And?” “And then he put me on the table and he gave a passionate kiss.He even started kissing my neck and I started feeling weird and stuff.” “Weird?” “You know like hot and my it felt like my I had btterflies in my stomach.” “Ah I see were excited you . Han Geng is a fast one isn’t he?” “Tell me about it. He even told me that he would help me with my err problem.” “Oh my god you too?” “What do you mean?” “Henry...” “Ahh.” “Yep.Well anyway what did you do?” “I said no to him.I’m not ready to be like that with him. It’s so-so emberassing.Even talking to you about it is but I had no choice. Either it was you, my pillow or my dad and it would be weirder to talk with the last two then with you.”

“Hmm I don’t know what to say really. Maybe it’s because we are younger than them that we feel like this. I think adults want more than just a simple love story with their lover. Unless you guys want a platonic kind of love.” “What’s platonic?” “Basically it’s when you don’t do anything. Just be in love without any touching.” “Oh...I don’t know about that.Someday I guess.But not yet” “I understand what you’re saying. But I think you should talk about this with him to avoid future problems and stuff.”Heechul held his hands up in front of his now red face and said “But.But it’s so emberassing T.T “ “Don’t worry pal. I’m here for you if you need me.”