Chapter 17

The face I fell in Love with

Donghae woke up early since he had school.He saw Henry that was still asleep but he didn’t want to wake him up so he just got out of bed quietly and went to put on his school uniform.When he was riding on his bike he passed by Eunhyuk and Tiffany’s door but it was closed.He just decided to continue on to his way to school.He found Heechul reading a magazine and he ran over to him curious to know what happened yesterday. “Chullieeeee.Tell me tell me.What happened after you guys left?” “Huh?What do you mean?” “Did you guys chat?Make-up?Kiss?” “What???! KISS? Of course we didn’t kiss!” “Huh?Did you at least talk?” “Yeah.We talked and we ate ramyun together.” “Aww.So are you guys going out now?” “No we’re not.We just chatted and then he took me home while he held my hand.” “You guys held hands too?” “Yeah.Just don’t make a big fuss out of it Donghae.” “Fine.Fine.Guess what Henry did...” “He actually made friends with Zhou-mi?” “He did and he also jnjncjhsdbch.” “What?I can’t hear you.” “Aish come here.”Donghae grabbed Heechul by the collar and he whispeard what had happened in Heechul’s ear as his eyes slowly grew bigger. “HE DID WHAT?” “Shh don’t yell so much.”Donghae signaled Heechul to go outside with him and the latter followed willingly “Where the hell did he learn to do that?” “Beats me.All I know is that he likes him.I wonder if he always liked guys.” “Who knows.Maybe he did maybe he didn’t.We were like that too in the beginning.” “Yeah.”

“AHA.So you admit that you like Eunhyuk hyung now?!?” “I didn’t say that!” “Yes you did.You agreed.” “Shut up.” “Why don’t you want to say it out loud yet and admit it?” “Because...because it’s pretty obviouse that he doesn’t like me back okay! Why would I want to experience heart break when I can avoid it from the start?” “Why are you that oblivious to everything around you?” “What are you talking about?” “Do you see him talk to me the same way he does to you?You even told me about how he came to your house and slept with you because you thought that there was going to be a thunder strom guys don’t usually do that!” “What?He only did that becuase he’s a caring person!” “Oblivious once again.” “AND WHAT DOES OBLIVIOUS MEAN DAMMIT!?!”

Heechul felt a bit pissed off.He sighed and then he went inside the classroom again and sat at his table and Donghae followed behind him feeling confused.Eunhyuk didn’t like him.He was just good to him that’s all. He understood that his bestfriend was angry.But why was he angry anyway?

In came the usual mad teacher and Donghae saw that his friend was ignoring him so he poked Heechul but he got ignored once again so he continued to poke him again and again until the latter frowned at him and then laughed when he saw his friend’s puppy eyes. “Don’t be mad with me Chullie.I don’t understand why you’re being like this.” “Yeah yeah.”Heechul’s anger was now gone and he continued on talking to his friend like normal. “So when are you going to hang out with Han Geng again?” “I can’t hang out with him.” “Why not?” “I don’t know how to contact him and even if I did have his number I wouldn’t call him first.” “Well somone’s uptight.” “I am not uptight!!I’m just shy okay.” Heechul said a bit too loud.It wasn’t long before two pieces of chalk were flying across the room heading towards the heads of the two still talking students.Their teacher wasn’t frightening for nothing.He knew how to be very stirct with the kids and he wold never allow them to talk in his class especially them.His two most despised students.”Aahhh” they both shouted in unision when the two pieces of chalk hit them hard on their forehead.”I thought I told you two to stay quiet in my previous lesson.That’s what you get for talking.Now be quite.” He hissed and the two boys lowered their heads and rubbed their foreheads while they cursed at his ugly behind.They looked at each other and then started laughing again this time silently.

1 week later

When school was over they were walking outside when Heechul and Dongahe looked at each other’s faces. “You have a red mark on your forehead.”Heechul said as he pointed his finger towards Donghae’s head. “You...too.” “Stupid teacher.Always throwing things at our heads while we’re not looking.”Heechul continued to grumble while Dongahe continued to walk and then stopped when he recognized a figure standing by the school gates.”Oh.Heechul isn’t that...” “Hide behind that tree and be quite.”Heechul grabbed Donghae by the arms and dragged him behind the said tree.”What is he doing here?How did he find me?” “Did you tell him which school you go to?” “No I’m certain I didn’t.” “Maybe he followed you?” “Oh he better not have followed me here with all of these students around.What if they found out about me?” “How about this I’ll go and talk to him and tell him to follow me.Then I’ll text you and you can come after us so it won’t seem suspicious.” “Thanks Dongahe.You know how he gets when he sees me.His wide creepy grin and he’d want to stay very close to me and maybe even hold my...hand.AHH!! We can’t let anyone see that.” “Ok ok.Just calm down.I’ll take care of this so chill.”

Donghae sighed and went out from behind the tree.He started walking towards Han Geng and when the latter saw him his face lit up and then he frowned when he realized that Heechul wasn’t there.”Hello hyung.What are you doing here?” “I’m here to see my Chullie-pop of course.” “You might want to keep it down hyung.There are alot of people here and well...” “He doesn’t want to tell anyone that I’m his boyfriend?” Dongahe felt his phone buzz in his pocket and he took it out and opened his text message.

To:Donghae

From:Heechul

Tell him that I’m NOT HIS BOYFRIEND!!!!

“He said that he’s not your boyfriend.” “Yes he is.”

To:Dongahe

From:Heechul

NO I’M NOT!!!

“He said that he isn’t” “Yeah he is.” “I don’t have time for this you know.Just follow me.” “No.I want to wait for Heechul to come out.”Han Geng said stubbornly“Please hyung.It’s for the best if you do.You don’t want silly rumours going around and hurting your Chullie pop now would you?” “...No.”Han Geng said with a resigned sigh.”Then follow me.He’ll come soon.” “Finee.” Donghae started walking and Han Geng dragged himself behind him.They were now at a shop were the two bestfriends usually hung out in when Donghae texted Heechul back.

To:Heechul

From:Donghae

You better come Chullie-pop.Your puppy is going to die from heart break.

To:Donghae

From:Heechul

Very funny -.-

A few silent minutes passed and then Han Geng’s face immediatley lit up for the second time that day when he saw Heechul’s killer face.’Seriously he looks like he wants to kill someone.’ Donghae thought. “Chullie-pop!!!” “How did you find out which school I go to?” “I asked Eunhyuk hyung.” “And why did you come here?” “To pick my cute boyfriend up of course.” “IAMNOTYOURBOYFRIEND.” “Why not?” “Becuase I told you that just becuase we held hands doesn’t mean anything remember?” “When did you tell me that?!” “A week ago when you grabbed my hand.” “Well I don’t remember anything.” “That’s because you were staring at our hands and daydreaming when I was telling you.” “Pff when did I do that?” “An easier question when didn’t you do that huh?” “Well there was that time when...hmm I guess I really was looking at our hands the whole time.It just felt so magical and-“ “Shushh.” “But-“ “Shhhh.” “Ok guys seems like you two have a lot to talk about so see you later.” “You’re going?” “Yeah.I’m gonna go snuggle with Henry.” “Okay.Say hi to him for me okay?” “Oh Henry?My brother talked about him.” “He did?So they really are friends now.” “Yeah.He likes Henry.It’s the first time I heard him talk about someone so I guess at least he does.” “Oh cool.I’ll be sure to tell him that.Bye now.”

When he was walking back home he decided to text Eunhyuk to see how he was but Eunhyuk called him instead of texting.”Donghae.What’s up?” “Nothing much Hyukkie.I just wanted to know how you are.” “I’m ughh fine.And you?” “I’m fine thanks hyung.” “Are you coming over today?” “I can’t today hyung. Henry is at home alone.” “Oh...okay.” “Sorry hyung but I’ll come visit you soon okay.” “Yeah.” “Have a good night at work.” “Yeah.” “Bye Hyukkie.” “Bye Donghae.”