Meeting

Your 'not-so' Typical Love Story

 

AUTHOR'S POV
 
 
 
 
 
"Dara!" Bom called from across Dara's room, which is actually a wall away from hers. Dara looked up from her vanity mirror and turned towards her door which opened and revealed Bom in her office attire. Dara smiled to herself, seeing how her half-sister looked so sophisticated yet y at the same. With her red hair and killer legs, Bom can make any man drool in her sight. 
 
 
 
 
 
"What, Bom?" Dara asked as she turned her attention towards the mirror and applied a little lipstick on her already pink lips. She puckered her lips, then smiled her charming smiled before standing up and getting her bag on the desk. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Wow!" Bom exclaimed as she looked at her half-sister from head to toe. Dara was just wearing simple office clothes. Her slacks that hugged her legs tightly and her sleeve less, buttoned baby pink blouse gives off the vibe of sophistication. But the way Dara wore it made her look like she's off to a fashion show rather than in Park Hotels.. 
 
 
 
 
 
"What?" Dara asked her gaping half-sister, not caring if she is openly gawking at her gorgeous half-sister. 
 
 
 
 
"Nothing," Bom dismissively said, flipping her hair like a boss that she literally is. "I'm just glad Chaerin did that make-over of you a year ago.... I can't even see a glimpse of the old Dara now. Well, depends if you go all mother hen on us.. That's when I see the old Dara.." Bom commented and then heaved a deep sigh. 
 
 
 
 
 
The past of Dara, that she told Bom due to the latter's insistent demands, flashed in her mind. And the feelings she felt  when she heard the story of her half-sister resurrected inside her heart, making her blood boil and wanting to scream bloody murder. Bom promised to herself that on that day onward, she will protect Dara will all her might. She won't even let Dara shed a tear. And she'll kill all them bastards that dare to hurt her half-sister. Because even in just a short time that they met, Dara made her feel that she's loved just the way she is. That she doesn't need to change who she is for somebody, like Dara, to love her. 
 
 
 
 
And she added another promise after that.. After hearing what that guy did to her during her last year in college, Bom can;t help to promise herself that she's going to kill that motherer with her bare hands. She doesn't care if he's the king of the world or something like that. She's sure that when she meet that guy, face to face, he'll be a dead meat seconds after.. And he'll regret everything he has done for Dara while he dies a painful death. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hey," Dara broke through Bom's reverie as she held her half-sister's arm and slightly dragged her outside her room. "You seem to be in deep thought.. What is it?" Dara asked, slightly worried seeing Bom's face becoming due to something Dara can't fathom. 
 
 
 
 
"Oh.. It's nothing.. I just remembered some bastard during my high school days.." Bom said, smiling awkwardly at her as she waved her hands, clutching on her duffle bag a little tighter than usual. 
 
 
 
 
"Is that so?" Dara asked, not seemingly believing her sister. "Anways, let's go?" Dara said, tugging Bom on her elbow as she guides their way towards the Park Mansion's entrance way so they could get in their car and go to their ever first day in Park Hotels. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Eherm," Bom cleared , a playful smile plastered on her face as she looked at the back of the man who look like he's busy explaining something to a staff. All heads of the staffs inside Mr. Park's office rise up to meet the beautiful smiles curving Dara and Bom's lips. They smiled back at the ladies and excused themselves so that the father and daughters can talk privately. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Appa!" Dara exclaimed as ran towards her father and immediately enveloped the old man into a hug. Bom followed Dara's suit, and the three of them hugged tightly. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Is this really you, Dara?" Mr. Park asked after they broke out from their hug. Bom smiled widely as Mr. Park held Dara on her arms and pushed her an arm's length so he  could take a good at her stunning daughter. She was not the same Dara who came on his office a year ago. The Dara standing in front of him now is a different Dara. And he wished, a stronger Dara. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Appa," Dara said, playfully hitting her father's arm. "I'm still the Dara who came here and beg you to take me away," Dara joked as she laughed lightly. But Mr. Park didn't took what Dara said as a joke. He can still vividly remember how her daughter looked that day. Her eyes shone with so much pain that it pains his fatherly heart as well. The way her voice crocked when she said 'It hurt' made his breath to be caught in his throat. And the way she hugged him tight in her as if she's afraid that he's going again made him want to stab himself to death. Whoever hurt his daughter shall pay, he vowed. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Is just that, you've grown beautifully... And I'm not even pertaining to your changed of clothing.. You seemed happier.." Mr. Park commented as he brushed his hands through Dara's soft brown locks. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I am happier, appa.." Dara replied, smiled at her father then at Bom, who is smiling back at her. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hey, appa.. Aren't you going to tell me I'm pretty too?" Bom broke through Dara and Jin Young's moment as she turned around that made her dress to twirl as well, making her look like a little girl enjoying her dress that her father bought for her. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"You're not pretty, my Bommie.." Jin Young said that made Bom to pout her lips like a little girl. "Because you're beautiful. You both are," he finished then looked at Bom then at Dara. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh! Appa. You surely know what words to say to make me go soft on you," Bom commented that made all of them laugh. 
 
 
 
 
Their moment was interrupted when someone knocked on the door. Mr. Park's secretary opened the door and let herself in, smiling at the daughters of the president of the company before she turned her gaze at Mr. Park. 
 
 
 
 
"Mr. Lee wanted to see you, Sajangnim.." she said. 
 
 
 
 
"Who? My business partner or the son?" 
 
 
 
 
"Both, sir.." she replied. Bom held Dara's hand and dragged her towards the couch as they settled themselves on the comfortable mattress. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Arasso.. Send them in," Mr. Park said as he walked towards his desk and sat at the swivel chair, waiting for his visitors to enter his office. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Good morning, Mr. Park," Donghae greeted as soon as he entered Mr. Park's office. He walked further inside, not even noticing the two ladies on the couch who is smiling at the sight of him. "Father said that he wanted to talk to you in private so he sends me in first to greet you and say my goodbye as well," he muttered, scratching the back on his head as he smiled. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh.. Is that so? Hmmmmmmm. Son, do you happen to have anything to do today?" Mr. Park suddenly asked. 
 
 
 
 
 
"It's actually my free day today, sir."
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Would it be a bother if I ask you to tour my daughters around Seoul. You've met them, right?" Jin Young said then he stood up from his chair and went towards the couch where his daughters, who are now bickering over something in Bom's phone. Donghae turned and smiled as he sees the ladies whom he fetched on the airport yesterday looking at him. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh.. Yes, I've met them yesterday. And no, sir. It would be my pleasure to tour them around Seoul.." he smiled once more then glanced at the brunnete who seemed to be looking back at him. 
 
 
 
 
 
"That's good to hear.." Mr. Park said then turned to his daughter.. "Well, girls. I don't want you working on your very first day in Korea so, I have Donghae here,..." Mr. Park put an arm around Donghae and smiled. "......to show you around."
 
 
 
 
 
"Okay, appa," Bom said, standing up from the couch followed by Dara.. 
 
 
 
 
 
"I think it will be great if we know someone you'll be our business partners, neh?" Dara said then smiled at Donghae which made the latter to be star struck. He didn't know that seeing someone smile beautifully like her would his day brighten. 
 
 
 
 
 
Donghae waved his goodbye to Mr. Park as he lead the way outside the office, anticipating to spend the day with the Park sisters who seems to be really fun to be with. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DARA
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We were busily eating at this five star restaurant and talking about business thing when Bom's phone suddenly rang. I eyed her suspiciously while she just smiled at me sweetly, excusing herself to take the call in private. That sister of mine, really. I sighed. We were just in Korea for a day and now she's receiving calls from her friends. Bom and her sources. I rolled my eyes at no one in particular. 
 
 
 
 
"Hey, Dara.." Donghae said, breaking through my reverie. I looked at him and smiled. He is such a nice guy.. And I hope we could be friends as time goes by. 
 
 
 
"Yes?" I replied.
 
 
 
"Have we met before? You seem kinda familiar to me," Donghae asked as he tilted his head a little to the right, his brows forming a straight line. 
 
 
 
That made me think. Have we met before? And now that it came to my thought. When I first saw Donghae in the airport yesterday, he seems so familiar to me and I was sure we already met. But I just can't pin-point when, where and how we met. But then, I shook that thought away because never in my entire life would I know someone so rich like him. Well, aside from appa that is. 
 
 
 
"You know what? You seem familiar to me too.. It seems like we already met.." I said, smiling at him. 
 
 
 
"Maybe we already did meet. But maybe we just forgot that happened," he commented then lifted his hand and took a spoonful of the food he was eating. I smiled at him then continued my eating as well. It was after a while when Bom came back, with an apologetic look on her face. I frowned. I already know what she was going to say. 
 
 
 
"Guys, I'm sorry but I guess I'll have to leave first," Bom started as she gathered her thing. I looked at her with a pout on my lips, not wanting for her to go but she won't look at me. Urgh. Bom is so frustrating sometimes. "My friend called me and wanted to meet.. We haven't met for a long time now and I wanted to spend time with him.. So, sorry.." Bom finished. Wait... Did she say 'him'? 
 
 
 
"No.. It's okay, Bom.. Dara and I understand.." Donghae replied as he wiped his mouth with the table napkin then stood up from his seat. 
 
 
 
"Really? Thank you," Bom excitedly exclaimed as she hugged Donghae in a friendly manner and bent down to kiss me on my cheek. "I'm really sorry to leave you, Dara.. But I know you'll be in good hands. Donghae's a great guy," Bom whispered before she turned around and left me and Donghae on that restaurant. 
 
 
 
I took the table napkin on my lap and used it to wipe my mouth. Then I stood up from my seat and faced Donghae with a smile. "I guess that'll be then, eh? Thank you, Donghae." I said then turned around. I was ready to leave the restaurant when someone caught me by my arm, preventing me to take another step. 
 
 
 
"Hey.." Donghae said. "I haven't toured you around Seoul.." he released my arms yet he offered his hands for me to take. I contemplated for a while. Appa doesn't like us to work on our first day in Korea. My half-sister went to some date I don't even know. Donghae is offering me to take a tour around Seoul. And I don't have anything else to do when I go home. I guess I'll take his offer then. 
 
 
 
I turned to Donghae and smiled. Then I slowly took his hands which made him smile at me. And seemingly excited over our mini trip, Donghae tugged on my hand and together, we walked out of the restaurant. Thus, the start of our tour.. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Touring around Seoul never did happen. Because I was busy spazzing while we were walking through the streets of Myeondong. I kept on pointing at each and every SpongeBob stores that we passed. Wow, it's been such a long time since I last felt like I was a little girl. And Donghae doesn't even care if I act like a little whinny girl. He kept on chucking on the side and kept on asking me if I wanted to go inside and look for something that'll catch my attention. But I don't want to embarrass him more. And besides, we should be acting like an adult that we are but we are showing the opposite. Everyone is looking funnily at us right now.
 
 
 
Well, who wouldn't look at us like we just lost our head. We were wearing our office clothes while we played rock, paper scissors. Me, with my slacks and my sleeve less blouse, and Donghae with his pants and long sleeve, that are rolled up to his elbow, and tie. Donghae offered  me something to drink but I refused, saying that it should be me to buy something for the both of us. But being a gentleman that he is, he refused thus resulting to us having a rock, paper scissor game. And I can't help but to laugh out loud whenever we would give the same figure. We just can't seem to finish playing this one. 
 
 
 
"We should stop this..." I whispered solemnly. I grabbed his hand and held it tight in mine  as I roam my eyes around us. The people kept on looking at us and I can't help but to stifle my laughter. .. "I think we should just both buy that drink," I suggested then snickered to myself. Why didn't I think of that? I release Donghae's hand and stood up from the bench. 
 
 
 
"Arasso.. If you really want to buy that drink, go buy it.. I offered to buy it myself but you refused. Saying that you want to buy it yourself. So go," Donghae suddenly exclaimed as he crossed his hands on his chest and remained sitting on the bench. He glanced at me and smiled. I can shook my head in amusement as I looked at him, seemingly like a child sitting on that bench with his arms across his chest. 
 
 
 
 
"Okay," I said dismissively, turning around and waving my hands at him. "I'll be back, neh?" I shouted a little louder when I was a few steps away from him.
 
 
 
 
While walking towards the beverage store, I contemplated. When was the last time I last laughed so loud and didn't care if somebody would judge me because of the way I act? When was the last time I've been so comfortable with the company of someone I just met that I even held his hands and felt no awkwardness at all? When was the last time I found someone, aside from Bom and Chaerin, who could make me laugh like a maniac and not care about other people? And when was the last time she had ever trusted a guy, aside from her appa? 
 
 
 
That was so long ago. And being with Donghae made me feel all of that. Being with that guy made me feel at ease and made me feel like there's no problem in the world that ever existed. Being with Donghae made me............ just happy. 
 
 
 
With that in mind, I brought our drinks and made my way quickly to where I felt Donghae. When I was nearing, my eyebrows furrowed and my steps became slower when I can't spot Donghae anymore. I was started to worry about him. I fastened my pace, my hold on the drink tightened. And when I got to the bench me and Donghae was occupying just a while ago, my eyebrows furrowed some more. 
 
 
 
A life-size SpongeBob stuffed toy was sitting on the bench. Smiling, luring me to touch it. But I'm afraid it belonged to someone else. I stared longing at SpongeBob. It's been my life long dream to have a stuffed toy Spongebob. No, I don't want to buy one myself because I believed that there'll be someone sweet enough to buy me one. I sighed. The one who owns this Spongebob surely is lucky. I was about to turn around and look for Donghae when I heard his voice somewhere near. 
 
 
 
"Where are you going?" he asked. I started roaming my eyes, looking for any sight of Donghae. 
 
 
 
"Where are you?" I asked back. 
 
 
 
"I'm inside Spongebob's body.. He ate me," Donghae said then he laughed aloud. Making her laugh as well. 
 
 
 
"Stop playing hide and seek, Donghae. Here's the drink I bought," I said then offered the drink in front of me, even if no one is in front of me. I look silly. I sighed then sat at the end of the bench where Spongebob is sitting. I know Donghae will come out soon now. I just need to wait.
 
 
 
"Here," Donghae said then placed the life-sized Spongebob on my side, making  me look at him, which is at the other end of the bench, with wide eyes. 
 
 
 
"Who's stuffed toy is this?" I asked, touching that big, yellow stuffed toy beside me. 
 
 
 
"Yours," he simply said as he smiled at me. 
 
 
 
I snapped my head at him, looking at him with wide eyes. "M-Mine?" I crocked. 
 
 
 
 
"Yes.. Yours.." he said. 
 
 
 
 
Without even thinking, I jumped to my feet and threw myself at him. Being the happiest girl because I received my life long dream, I enveloped Donghae in a friendly hug, letting him feel and know that I'm really touched and thankful about his gift. I tightened my arms around him, that I can feel when he took a breath and when he laughed because I was being giddy over a stuffed toy. 
 
 
 
"You don't know how much you've made me happy by giving me a Spongebob stuffed toy, Donghae. Thank you so much," I said when I broke the hug and sat beside him, letting Spongebob sit beside me. 
 
 
 
 
"I just saw how you stared at those SpongeBob displayed at the store we passed by.. And I can't help but to buy you one," he commented then looked at me and smiled. 
 
 
 
 
"Hey.. Since you gave me SpongeBob.. I decided to let you be my friend, now.." I turned to him and smirked. 
 
 
 
"What? We're not friends a while ago?" he looked at me like I have lost my mind which made me to giggle a bit. 
 
 
 
"Nope. Just this moment. We just became friends. So, yeah.." I said then pinched his cheek. My phone suddenly rang, startling the both of us. I stood up from the bench and excused myself. 
 
 
 
 
Seeing the caller I.D, I immediately tapped the answer button and said my hello enthusiastically. 
 
 
 
"Unnie!" Chaerin squeaked from the other line. "Where are you right now, unnie?" 
 
 
 
"I'm somewhere along Myeongdong. Waeyo?"
 
 
 
"Ohhh~. I want to meet you right now, unnie! I'm in a coffee in Myeongdong as well.. Jut look for Twosome cafe.. I'll be waiting for you unnie, bye!" Chaerin ended the call, not even minding to wait for my answer if I'm going to that cafe or not. Well, I guess I have no other choice then but to meet  up with her. I looked at my wristwatch and gasp softly seeing that it's almost six in the evening.. Time really flies fast when you're having fun. 
 
 
 
I went back to Donghae and decided to invite him so that he could meet Chaerin and vice versa. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
_______________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I pushed the double doors of the cafe, smiling as the aroma of coffee welcomed me. I looked behind me and smiled seeing Donghae smiling  back at me. Then I roamed my eyes around the area, trying to spot a blonde girl with a good fashion sense. And soon, I spotted her on the farthest corner of the cafe, but she's not alone. She's with someone and based from the looks of it, she's with a man. He has his back on us so I can't really tell. With a silly smile on my lips, I tugged at Donghae and we walked towards where I spotted Chaerin.
 
 
 
I saw that Chaerin is looking around the cafe as well, must be looking for me. I thought. I slightly waved my hands up when I saw her look at my direction. And I smiled when she waved frantically at me.
 
 
 
I fastened my pace, with Donghae keeping up behind me. And I was just about ten steps away from Chaerin when the latter tapped the guy she's with.  She mouthed something over the guy that I cannot comprehend. But with what she said, the guy slowly turned his head towards us. Slowly.......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Slowly.......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And when his face is exposed in my sight, my feet stopped on their own. The smile on my face slowly vanished. Everything faded as I stared at the man. Chaerin was flailing her hands, giving me hand signals. But I cannot comprehend what she's trying to say because all my senses got blocked the moment I laid my eyes again at him. After a year, I saw him again. Kwon Jiyong. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
PRANZI UNNIE
HERE'S THE UPDATE! YAAAH!
/runs/
 
 
 
Guys, don't kille me please.. 
I beg youuuuuu~~
LOL!
Is this cliffy? Is this? Is this? 
I'm so evil ending it here. MUAHAHAHAHAHA! 
'Till next time, readers..
I SARANG YOU ALL! <3