Connivance

Your 'not-so' Typical Love Story

cr. to: lovesjiyong for the banner ^^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CL’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was dark and chilly outside on the shore but I chose to stroll around here and think about things. I hugged myself and pulled my cardigan tighter around me when I felt the breeze coming from the vast sea waters. I took another step, the sand seeping through my sandals.

 

 

It breaks my heart with all what’s happening at the moment. I have the every plan to match make Dara unnie and Jiyong oppa. Because with just looking at them, I knew they’re perfect for each other. I was giddy all to myself when I saw them talking and interacting on that first time I let them meet. And I was sure of myself that they’re going to hit it off.

 

 

But then all of this happened. Their past came out in the open. And my hope of them being together shattered like glass. I was so disappointed and hurt that I slapped my brother for the first time. I never imagined him doing that things to Dara unnie. He’s so protective, so kind but what did he do? He hurt Dara unnie.

 

 

When Dara unnie told Bom unnie the story of her past, I was just standing in front of the latter’s door, eavesdropping from the small opening of the door. I know it’s bad to eavesdrop on someone else’s conversation but I just wanted to know what Dara unnie’s been hiding from us. What’s the reason why she always puts up her strong façade and what’s the reason behind why she built a wall around her that only few people could penetrate.

 

 

Saying that I was angry after hearing what Dara unnie told Bom unnie is an understatement. I was so fuming mad at those guys who dared hurt Dara unnie. I mean, how could they do that? Dara unnie is just so kind hearted. Whoever hurt her must is a devil in my mind.

 

 

And knowing that that devil who hurt Dara unnie was my brother. OMG. I don’t know what to do anymore. I am confused.

 

 

I wanted to do something. But I don’t know what to do. And no, I won’t make myself hope that Dara unnie and Jiyong oppa will be an item someday. That’s so impossible. I just….. I want Jiyong oppa to ask for Dara unnie’s forgiveness and for Dara unnie to give it to my brother. I won’t hope anymore. Let fate take its course and decided what best’s for them.

 

 

I suddenly felt sad. Knowing that I have to let go of my dream to see Dara unnie and Jiyong oppa happy in each other’s arms. I sighed.

 

 

I continued my steps, suddenly aware that my feet brought me to the secluded part of the resort. It’s so dark in this place, the lamp did not reach this side. But why do I liked this place better than those lighted parts. I guess this places will help me think more clearly about my plan.

 

 

As I’ve said…. I wanted to do something about Dara unnie and Jiyong oppa. I just want them to leave the past behind them. I want Dara unnie to forget the pain my brother had caused. Even though Dara unnie acts like she already forgotten her past, I know it’s the opposite. I can tell that she’s still affected. I can tell and I can feel.

 

 

But what can I do? I’m pretty sure Bom unnie won’t hear any of my plans because she’s so mad at Jiyong oppa right now. And I’m also sure that Bommie unnie will probably kill Jiyong oppa without second thoughts when had the chance. I sighed once more.

 

 

Ahhh. All this thinking is making my head hurt. I think I need to go back to my room now and have some rest. I just wish that my head will come up with something tomorrow. I turned my heels around and started to take my steps when someone clamped my mouth.

 

 

OMG. What is happening?! My eyes widen and I placed my hands on top of the invader’s hands, trying to pry it away from my mouth. Omayghad. My heart started beating really fast as I imagine every worst scenario that could happen in this secluded side of the beach.

 

 

Judging with the invader’s hands, I can tell that it’s a guy. I started panicking. What did he want from me? Is he going to me? Is he… gasp… is he going to kill me?

 

 

With that in mind, my brain started working. And I suddenly remembered that I know martial arts. I saw hope as I bit his hands and closed my eyes. When he released me, I turned and drew my knees back.

 

 

“Cha—“

 

 

I kneed the guy on his shin. And then I opened my eyes and caught a glimpse of who was my intruder. And I gasped when I saw him clearly.

 

 

“Owwwww, !” the guy whimpered, holding his lower part as he rolled on the sand, his face crunched in pain.

 

 

“Seungri!” I exclaimed and went to him, then I crouched down beside him and just looked at him pitifully

 

 

“Why do you have to kick me? ARRRGHH! It hurst!” Seungri still whimpered, rolling on the sand.

 

 

“Well, it’s your fault for pulling that prank on me,” I nonchalantly said as I flipped my hair, I then stood up and smirked at Seungri’s miserable state.

 

 

 

“Gaaahd, woman. You kick like a man..” Seungri breathlessly said as he tried to stand up. He released a whimper once more then he jumped on his place and faced me with angry eyes. This panda, looking at me with that panda eyes. I rolled my eyes at him then turned around, ready to walk away and go back to my room.

 

 

“Chae….”

 

 

I stopped on my tracks and turned to face Seungri. I was expecting that he’ll smile mischievously at me and then pull another trick on me. But what I saw made me furrowed my eyebrows and tilt my head a little to the side… Seungri was bowing his head down, his fingers playing with the hem of his shirt.

 

 

Now, why is this overconfident panda is acting like he’s in a great deal of shame?

 

 

“What?” I asked, walking back towards him and stood a few distance away from him.

 

 

“I….. I’m sorry…” He said in a little voice. A small smile crept up on my lips hearing him apologize It was his first time apologizing to me after every prank he’d pull on me. I wonder what’s up with him?

 

 

“Wow, Seungri… It’s you first time saying sorry to me.. What gives?” I joked and blinked at him innocently, trying to make him stop with the weird acts.

 

 

“I’m sorry about Dara noona..”

 

 

“What about Da—,“ my sentences stopped in midway when I realized why he was apologizing to me. No, it’s not about the joke he pulled on my just a couple of minutes ago. He’s apologizing to me because it has something to do with Dara unnie.. And he knows that Dara unnie is close to my heart.

 

 

“Let me guess….” I started. Anger boiling up inside me once more. “You were the one who suggested the bet?” I needed to ask, though I don’t need to hear his answer to confirm my hunch. I know it was him. Seungri has been the most playful one in oppa’s group of friends and his brain just have this ability to come up with absurd ideas.

 

 

“Yes…….” he replied, his voice fleeting with guilt and remorse.

 

 

I heaved a deep breath. Trying to calm myself. It won’t change anything if I go mad at him and lash out on him. I tightly closed my eyes and breathed in. And then I remembered something.

 

 

I hate to admit it but even if he’s playful sometimes, Seungri can come up with ideas that are out of this world. I’m sure he’s the perfect person I need to think with to come up with some plans to make Dara unnie and Jiyong oppa closer to each other, not in a romantic way but in a friendship base kind of thing.

 

 

I opened my eyes and looked at him with expectant eyes. Then a smile crept on my lips.

 

 

“You have to help me Seungri…………….”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I can feel the tension floating around this very room. It’s making me uncomfortable. It’s making me to lose focus on what Donghae is talking about the business at hand. I shifted my gaze at Bom and saw that she was nowhere listening to Donghae. She was busy sending death glares at Jiyong. Then I looked at Jaejoong and sighed when I see him clenching and unclenching his fist atop the table.

 

 

And when I looked at Jiyong, my gaze can’t help but to stay at his face a little longer. The bruises and cuts on his face are healing, but there are small cuts that are left behind. Then I suddenly remembered what I did a few days ago. I was out of my sanity then. I don’t know why I did that. I just…….. Arrrrr, forget it.

 

 

I looked away from Jiyong and focused my gaze at Donghae, who, I think, is starting to get irritated now because no one is paying attention to him. I’m sorry, Donghae… I whispered inside my head. Trying really hard to concentrate at the business at hand. But…… But the tension inside the room just can’t…. OMG. This needs to stop in order for us to finish the business early.

 

 

I stood up from my seat. My chair producing a screeching sound when I pulled away from the table. All heads turn to me, and they all have the same expression written on their faces. Confusion.

 

 

Donghae stopped talking and just stood there, looking at me as well.

 

 

“This has to stop..” I said all of a sudden, making them more confused than they already are.

 

 

“What…… You want to stop the merger? Are you out of your mind, Dara?” Jaejoong asked incredulously, looking at me as if I lost my head or my sanity.

 

 

I suddenly had the urge to smack my best friend on his head. He is just so ignorant t sometimes. I groaned and rolled my eyes at him before looking at my sister, sending silent message for her to stop glaring at Jiyong and focus at what I’m saying.

 

 

“You guys should stop acting like children. Leave the past behind. Have you ever heard of past is past? Why can’t you do that? I’ve done that and you should do it too. Please stop letting the past, which the three of you doesn’t belong, affect everything now. I want to finish this business already so I can go back to California and live a peacefully life there…” I sighed then bowed my head, fumbling with the hem of my shirt.

 

 

“But—“

 

 

“Sorry..” Jiyong whispered, cutting what Bom had to say. He then stood up and turned his back on his. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I glued my gaze on his back, wondering what he is up to.

 

 

“No one cares about your sorry, dude. So just shut your mouth..” Jaejoong hissed through gritted teeth and glared at Jiyong’s back. But the latter didn’t see it because obviously, he’s back is on us.

 

 

“Jaejoong……” I said silently, looking pleadingly at him to stop with his childish acts and start acting like the professional that he is.

 

 

“What? I did not say anything wrong.” Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly and turned, combing his hands through his hair.

 

 

“Let’s just continue with the meeting okay? So we can go back to our rooms and rest,” I suggested, hoping that they’ll all agree and continue the meeting with professional attitude that we all are. But I doubt that will ever happen. I nodded at Donghae and mouthed at him to continue with his report.

 

 

Donghae was about to open his mouth and continue with his report when Jiyong said something that made me to whip my head at him and look at his back with disbelieving look in my eyes.

 

 

“I’ll go now. I’ll just send my secretary or someone from our company to take my place…” he simply said and continued his way towards the door. Leaving us stupefied for a moment. And when what he said sunk inside my head, I let out a disbelieving gasp.

 

 

“Good.” Bom muttered under her breath as she rolled her eyes.

 

 

Donghae then continued what he was saying.. As if Jiyong did not say that he will just let his secretary of someone from their company handle this business, which is supposed to be done by us. And before I knew what I was doing, I was already up on my seat and was starting my steps towards the door.

 

 

“Where are you going Dara?” Bom called out but I ignored her. I quickened my steps, slightly panicking when I didn’t see him near the premise of the hotel. I rounded on the corner and sighed when I saw his back.

 

 

“Jiyong!!” I shouted, hopeful that I got his attention. And thankfully, he stopped walking and turned around. I waved my hands at him and motioned for him to wait for me. I saw him nod a little and then I continued with my steps.

 

 

 

“What are you doing? Why are you letting your secretary handle the business you’re supposed to handle?” I asked as soon as I got near him.

 

 

“I just…….” He cleared his throat.. “Admit it, Dara.. They will never get over with the anger they felt for me. Especially your sister. And with that in between this business merger of us, this is never going run smoothly. There’ll always be tension.. Bom will always glare at me whenever we will have meetings. And Jaejoong will always plan on ways to kill me. Our future meetings will forever be that uncomfortable if I won’t take that initiative to do something about it.”

 

 

“But……. How—“

 

 

“Don’t mind this anymore, Dara.. Please. And I’m doing this to gain your forgiveness. I know you said to just forget it, but to be honest? I’ll never settle with just that.. I’ll do everything it takes for you to forgive me. I need your forgiveness to stop this guilt that’s eating me alive. I know you can’t give it to me now, but I’m hoping you could as time pass by..” he finished and started walking away from me.

 

 

Leaving me there standing, looking at his back with disbelief clouding my mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

OMG! I updated!

/dances crazily around/ hahahahha.

What am I doing OTL?

LMAO. 

Anyways, enjoys guys! I sarang youuuuuuu <33333333

Comments juseyoooooo~~

chuuuuu~~~

 

dillatiffa: he really does deserve it, neh? kkkkkk ^^

gurasegrace: omg, grasya. errr, Daragon moment soon? I don't think sooooo~~ LMAO! I really sarang your comments dongsaeng.. uwaaaa.. I SARANG YOUUUU <333333333

sandaragon: yeah! Jiyong needs to ask for her forgiveness! He needs to do more, neh? kkkkk ^^

kaynrol: yes! Some sense had been knocked on Jiyong! hahahahha.. That'll make him to think through things. mehehehhe :3

VictoryUra: omg unnie, he will! hahahaha. 

Kia_Daragon23: yeah.. He needs to man up and do something more to gain her forgiveness, neh? meheheheheh :))

heiress: OMG.. he will makes amends soon! Dun worry.. ^^

babybubut: >_________<

lablab: GD can do it!! meheheheheh :3 FIGHTING!

GeeforDee: OMG.. yes, Jiyong can do it.. kkkkkk ^^ oh, thank youuuuuuuuuuuu~~

madzri: yes yes. Jiyong can do it! and thank you for thanking me for an update! hahahahah.. <3333333

redjazZmin: Oh~ good to hear that you loved the update~ mehehehehe :3 Oh, and I love Jaejoong too! kyaaaaaaah!

 

 

I SARANG YOU ALL!>