Captive

Your 'not-so' Typical Love Story

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jiyong oppa!” Chaerin called out for her brother when the latter kept on walking away from the hotel with his single luggage on hand. She saw that there’s a car waiting for her brother on the lobby and it made her eyebrows furrowed some more. Where is her brother going? She asked inside her head.

 

 

Chaerin fastened her pace and grabbed Jiyong’s hand when she got near him. She looked up at her brother and frowned seeing a hollow feeling in his eyes. Jiyong smiled at her sister before turning to the driver and motioned for him to get his luggage and place it in the car’s compartment.

 

 

“Where are you going, oppa?” Chaerin asked.

 

 

“I’m going back to Seoul..” Jiyong said simply.

 

 

“Why, oppa? You still have to do business here, right? Is it done already? Does that mean Bom unnie and Dara unnie will go back to California?” Chaerin asked once more, suddenly panicked by the thought that her unnies will go back to California now and she will be left alone in Jeju. No, she wanted to go back to California if her unnies are going back as well.

 

 

“I’m letting someone else handle this.. I have to do something important in Seoul..” Jiyong said dismissively as he smiled at his sister for the last time and effortlessly slid inside the car, leaving Chaerin feeling like there was something up with her brother.

 

 

Chaerin can bet that whatever happened to her brother has something to do with the chaos happening at the moment. She needed to find Seungri right now. They need to conceptualize their plan so they could start moving now. They were already behind their plan and they needed to hasten up things if they want to succeed.

 

 

Chaerin was about to turn around and look for Seungri when she remembered how her brother looked so……..er….sad. It was written in his eyes. It was hollow, and it was full of guilt. It was the very first time she ever saw her Jiyong oppa with that kind of expression showing in his deep brown eyes. They were always cold, stoic, sometimes playful.. But now…. Chaerin doesn’t want to think about it anymore because it breaks her heart.

 

 

“Chaerin…. What are you doing here?” Chaerin jumped in surprise as she turned around and saw her  Dara unnie looking at her. She smiled at Dara before she frowned again remembering that her brother is now on his way back to Seoul. How will she be able to execute their plans? Chaerin had the sudden urge to follow her brother in the airport and drag him back here in the hotel.

 

 

“Oh, unnie..” Chaerin responded as soon as she snapped out of her reverie. She smiled slowly at her unnie before hooking her arms on Dara’s arms and slightly dragged her towards the beach. Making Dara confused at her actions. “Have you seen Bommie unnie, unnie?”

 

 

“Last time I saw her, she was talking to a random guy on a café nearby..” Dara replied as she rolled her eyes at no one in particular.

 

 

Dara was pretty sure that Bom’s trying to flirt with someone because apparently, she didn’t follow Dara’s request for her to talk things with TOP and fix whatever the problem between them is. Dara wanted to drag that sister of hers by her hair and lock her up in TOP’s room just so Bom will talk to that boyfriend of hers.

 

 

“Ehh… Wouldn’t TOP oppa be jealous with that? And why is Bommie unnie talking with a random guy?” Chaerin asked some more, oblivious to what happened to the couple recently.

 

 

“Er, let’s just say that Bom and TOP are not in good terms now. But I’m sure they’ll work things out then they’ll kiss and make up,” Dara assured the confused girl on her side as they strolled towards the beach.

 

 

“Dara!” Chaerin and Dara turned their heads sideways when they heard a guy’s voice not so distant from where they currently are.

 

 

Chaerin immediately furrowed her eyebrows when she saw Jaejoong catching up on them. She’s still bitter at the said guy. Because he beat her brother so good that it left scars. If only she could punch like a guy, she thought. Chaerin rolled her eyes at him as Jaejoong got to their side.

 

 

“Where are you going?” Jaejoong asked, wrapping his arms around Dara’s shoulder casually. Chaerin snorted as she rolled her eyes again.

 

 

“I think we’re on our way on finding Bommie.. Have you see that sister of mine?” Dara asked as she looked up at Jaejoong and smiled. The latter just shook his head and smiled down at Dara, making Chaerin shudder at the side. She really doesn’t like that Jaejoong guy.

 

 

And before Chaerin could notice it, Jaejoong already walked away from her, with Dara still in his arms. She looked disbelieving at the retreating backs of Dara and Jaejoong with agape in disbelief. How dare that guy steal her Dara unnie away from her? Chaerin thought.

 

 

Suddenly, Chaerin wanted to throw tantrum right then and there. She pouted like a little kid as she throws daggers at Jaejoong’s way. She really doesn’t like that guy. And suddenly, she felt possessive of her Dara unnie. She felt that as if that Jaejoong would take Dara away. And no, as much as Chaerin doesn’t want to admit… There’s still 0.0000001 percent hope in her heart that her Dara unnie and her Jiyong oppa would end up together.

 

 

“Hey, why are you sulking there like a kid deprived of candy?”

 

 

Chaerin turned around and see Seungri walked towards her with a smirk on his lips. His hands were on the pockets on his pants as he walked confidently, as if he was the king of the world. Chaerin just nodded her head in acknowledgment then turned her attention back to Jaejoong and Dara. She slightly stomped her foot when she can’t see them anymore.

 

 

“Urgh.. Where did they go?” Chaerin mumbled under her breath as she looked down on her feet. She needs to act fast. She needs to get her brother back to Jeju. She needs to make her Dara unnie and Jiyong oppa close. She needs to make them friends. And she’s sure that after her Dara unnie forgive her brother, love will bloom eventually. It’s not a lost case.

 

 

“Hey Chae, are you okay?”

 

 

Chaerin was startled when Seungri placed his palm on her shoulders. She turned around and widens her eyes when a thought entered her mind.

 

 

“Omo, Seungri!! We have to step up our plan. We need to act fast! We need to do something now!” Chaerin said as she held Seungri’s shoulders and shook him slightly.

 

 

“We can always start our plan anytime, Chae… They still have—“

 

 

“Oppa went back to Seoul just now! Omo! What are we going to do now?” Chaerin said panicky as she lets go of Seungri’s shoulder and bit her lower lip.

 

 

“Why did Jiyong hyung went back to Seoul?” Seungri asked as he fished out his phone and tried to dial Jiyong’s number. But only to be disappointed knowing that it was off.

 

 

“I don’t know..” Chaerin muttered inder her breath as she racked her brain for something to do. She needed to do something to make her Jiyong oppa be back in Jeju.

 

 

“But what about their business here?” Seungri asked.

 

 

“Oppa said tha………….” Chaerin’s sentence went hanging when a thought came inside her brilliant mind. She beamed brightly at no one in particular as she fished out her phone from her pocket and dialed a familiar number.

 

 

She waited impatiently as it keeps on ringing. She was hoping that the one she was calling would pick up even though she knows that he’s a very busy person. She was starting to feel disappointed when it keeps on ringing but then her eyes lit up when someone picked up the call. Seungri was just looking at her with confusion written in his eyes.

 

 

“Appa!!” Chaerin squealed exitedly as she pinched Seungri’s arms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I focused my eyes on the screen and listened intently to what the lady on the screen is talking about. She was talking about what are the Kwon’s plans about this business here in Jeju. She was already in the middle of her report when my eyes unconsciously darted to an empty seat inside the conference room. My gaze lingered on the seat a little bit longer than I have planned as I released a deep sigh.

 

I remembered what Jiyong had told me when I asked why he was letting a representative handle what he was supposed to do. “Admit it, Dara.. They will never get over with the anger they felt for me. Especially your sister. And with that in between this business merger of us, this is never going run smoothly. There’ll always be tension.. Bom will always glare at me whenever we will have meetings. And Jaejoong will always plan on ways to kill me. Our future meetings will forever be that uncomfortable if I won’t take that initiative to do something about it.”

 

 

He’s right. I agree on him that there’ll always be a tension whenever Jaejoong, Donghae, Bom and he are inside one room. Bom will always want to kill him because of what he did. Jaejoong will always want to beat the hell out of him. And Donghae, though he’s not that violent just like the other two, will always be angry at him because he treats me as his friend. We will never have one peaceful meeting now that the cat’s out of the bag.

 

 

“Don’t mind this anymore, Dara.. Please. And I’m doing this to gain your forgiveness. I know you said to just forget it, but to be honest? I’ll never settle with just that.. I’ll do everything it takes for you to forgive me. I need your forgiveness to stop this guilt that’s eating me alive. I know you can’t give it to me now, but I’m hoping you could as time pass by..”

 

 

Is he serious? But…….. Hearing him say those things made me think again if it’s Kwon Jiyong who is saying that.. The old Kwon Jiyong would never utter those kinds of things. The old Kwon Jiyong is just so heartless that he doesn’t give a flying if he gets forgiveness or not. The old Kwon Jiyong wouldn’t even feel a single guilt with what he had done.

 

 

As much as I don’t want to acknowledge it, there was an unexplainable tug deep inside me when he say those words. There was an unsettling feeling at the pit of my stomach that made a little bit uncomfortable. And I can’t even understand why my heart tugged  when he said that he’s going to wait for me to forgive him.

 

 

I’m supposed to hate him. I’m supposed to loath him. But why am I feeling these ‘feels’ inside me? Why I am even worried for him right now? I’m pretty sure that he’s already back on Seoul and sitting pretty on his swivel chair and making his secretary do all his work. I rolled my eyes at no one in particular as I re-focused my attention towards the screen. I should stop thinking about that guy and just finish the task at hand.

 

 

But….. is he serious on what he said? That he wants to have my forgiveness? But why?

 

 

Aisht! This is making me confused. Kwon Jiyong is making me confused. Why is he doing this to me? Why is he making me confuse? And why is he making me question myself if I have already forgotten what happened in the past? Why is he making me question myself if I really did forget everything, including what I felt for him? Why?

 

 

“Dara, are you okay?” Bom broke through my reverie when called out my name. I turned my gaze at Bom and smiled at her.

 

 

I tried really hard to focus on what the woman on the screen was saying but Jiyong kept on popping inside my head. That guy! Urgh.. He really needs to stop messing with my head! I’ve already forgotten everything about him! I guess I really need to go back to California soon.. Being back in Korea, much more seeing him again is making me lose my sanity.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was strolling on the seashore. The white beach dress I was wearing was dancing along the breeze that gives me and the few people around chills. The sand was seeping through my sandals and it was kind of relaxing, calming. I shifted my gaze on the horizon and smiled a little seeing the sun slowly coming down from its original position.

 

 

Watching the sunset always makes me happy. I don’t know why. It somehow gives me a comforting feeling. And I’ve always liked watching it while I’m alone. I just don’t want to have my attention divided to the majestic sunset and the person with me.

 

 

I took in a deep breath and released a long sigh. I stopped on my tracks and faced the sun. As the sun goes down, my mind keeps on thinking thousand thoughts a second. It feels like my head is going to burst with the way my brain spits thoughts.

 

 

But most of all, I am still bothered by a man named Kwon Jiyong. I always thought that he’s still the old Jiyong.. But what happened now? It seems like he made a drastic turn. It seemed like he matured and is taking things much more seriously now.

 

 

Is he seriously the same Kwon Jiyong who ruthlessly played with my feelings back in college? Is he the same guy who whispered sweet nothings into my ear, made me fall for him hard and just left me like a dirty trash after he had what he wanted with me? Is he the same guy? Is he?

 

 

“Hey…”

 

 

I jumped on my spot when I heard that deep, familiar voice. I stiffened on my spot as I fought the urge to turn my head and look at the man who must be standing beside me right now. I can feel his presence. And then my heart started beating really fast inside my chest that it makes it so hard to breathe.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked, with my gaze still directed to the horizon and the orangey purple sky.

 

 

“Appa wants me to go back here and finish the business…” he replied and I heard him sighed.

 

 

I just stayed silent, looking past at the sun with my thoughts floating around the man beside me. He did not say anything, he just stood there beside me. Must be looking at the sunset too.

 

 

I gasps inwardly seeing how sunset it really beautiful. It’s really breathtaking.

 

 

“So beautiful….” I said under my breath.

 

 

“Yes. So beautiful..” the man beside me agreed. And this time, I gave in to the urge to look at him and when I did, my breath got caught up in my throat.

 

 

Jiyong was looking at me, his eyes shining with something unreadable. And even if I don’t want it, I was held captive by his gaze. My eyes locked on him. And suddenly, the world around us vanished. It was only me and him. Standing on the shore with the majestic sunset as our background. I was drowned at the deepness of his orbs, and there’s no way to resurface. No way I can escape.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Dara. I’m really sorry..” he said softly, gently, taking my breath away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

OMOOOOOO!

/runsssssssssss

I KNOW YOU GUYS WILL HAUNT ME WITH THIS CLIFFY.. HOHOHOHO :3

I SARANG YOU ALL <3333

THANK YOU FOR STILL READING THIS CRAPPY FIC.. ^^

FOLLOW ME IN TWITTER~~ @bttrflygrl

 

 

 

PRANZUUR UNNIE~~

PUHLEASE FORGIVE ME AND GOHARD UNNIE <3333

MEHEHEHEHE :3 

WE SARANG YOU SO MUCHHHHHHH~~~

 

 

VictoryUra: Heol unnie! Why is it that ever chapter I update, it's cliffy for youuuu? huhuhuhu TT___TT lmao 

ailovesdaragon: welcome! ^^ 

Addict424: HEOL!! WHYYYYY? You don't want Ji?? /blinks/

bluechocolate: heol! you demanding reader you >.< 

darkhuntress2411: unnie!!!!! omayghad! Is this mushy mushy enough?????/ OMFFFFFFFFFFF!

sandaragon: waaaaaaaaaaa!! How did you know that? How?? hohohohoho:3 LMAO

redjazZmin: omfffffff! Is it unexpected? hohohoho.. Let's make Ji suffer mooooore! Let's!

Popnime: ofc, Jiyong can do it!! lmao hahahaha. 

jepoknat: uwaaaaa~ you're the first who commented that's curious on RIRIN's plan.. 

kaynrol: mehehehehe.. Is it?? ^^

ParkRaeKi: waaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm on Jiyong's side too!!! ^^

shirayukifujiwara: huhuhuhuhuhu TT____________TT I guess I should change your mind RN, neh? meheheheheeh :3

gurasegrace: uwaaaaaaaaa!! Is this enough for a slight DG moment, grasya? Is it?? I REALLY REALLY SARANG YOUUUUU! <333333

poshblaire: huhuhuhu.. I pity GD too.. Let's cheer for him, nehhhh?? ^^

mrskwonchoi: waaaaaaaaaaaa! I pity him too!! ^^ 

yellshiji: err, happy ending??? hmmmmmmm.... ^^

cindyGD: GD, fighting!! ^^

Kia_Daragon23: welcome!! ^^ <333333333333 :*****

GhettoElectroNinja: friends?? hmmmmm... Let's see! :)))

haha_idk: omoooo!!! THANK YOUUUU! <3

madzri: omfffffff!! why are you pushing him to them? Do you want him to get killed? LMAO~

GeeforDee: ohh, here's another update! ^^