Familiar

Your 'not-so' Typical Love Story

 

 
 
A/N: Just to clear any confusion, TOP and Seunghyun is the same person, neh? I'll be using both names alternatively. So kkkkkkkkk. Enjoy reading! MUAH!~~
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
AUTHOR'S POV
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"TOP hyung!" Bom and Seunghyun turned their head towards the voice as they broke from their kiss. Bom glanced beside her and saw Seunghyun grinning at the man with auburn hair that is slowly approaching them. She, then shifted her gaze towards the car and smiled seeing her sister standing there, just looking at them without any emotion in her usual expressive eyes. 
 
 
 
"Dara!" Bom called out for Dara and luckily, that made the latter snap out of her reverie. Dara cleared first before slowly approaching her sister with TOP and Jiyong. 
 
 
 
 
"Hey, babe..." TOP called for Bom's attention as he circled his hands on her waist as made her to look at him. "This is Jiyong.. My friend since college," TOP introduced Jiyong. 
 
 
 
"Oh.. Hi there, Jiyong-ssi.. I'm Bom.." Bom smiled and reached for the hand Jiyong was offering. Jiyong smiled back at her before turning to Dara's direction. He smiled at her and motioned for her to come. 
 
 
 
Dara immediately went to her sister's side and ignored Jiyong, who wants for her to stand beside him. "Hi Bom.." Dara greeted softly, smiling a little as she nodded at Seunghyun's direction. 
 
 
 
 
"Dara, I want you to meet Seunghyun or TOP.... He's the one I've been telling you," Bom said rather giddily as she winked at Dara. 
 
 
 
 
"Hi, Seunghyun.. I'm Dara, Bom's sister...." Dara introduced herself and smiled at TOP, hoping that he did not recognize her. 
 
 
 
 
"Hi Dara," TOP said, his eyes directed at her. Then, after sometime, he turned his attention at Bom who is smiling from ear to ear. "Hey babe, you never mentioned to me that you have a sister when we last saw each other on California more than a year ago," he said. 
 
 
 
 
"Oh... I didn't know I had a sister then.. I just knew that Dara and I are sisters when she went to California last year.." Bom said dismissively as she waved her hands. Bom then looked at Jiyong and invited them for a drink inside. The two lads accepted Bom's invitation and the four of them started their way inside. 
 
 
 
 
But TOP, on the other side, can't seem to take his eyes off Dara. She reminds him of someone. He's just not sure who's that someone. But he's sure they met already. TOP tilted his head a little to the right and racked his brain  and tried remembering when and where he met her. He tried shoving the thought aside but his gut tells him that he really knew her. 
 
 
 
 
"Dara," TOP called out, and when Dara turned around, he immediately asked her something without even thinking about it. "What university did you go to when you're in college?"
 
 
 
 
"Huh?" Dara asked back, bewildered as to why Seunghyun is asking her that. Then when she realized something, she inwardly gasps. "Did he recognized me?" she asked herself in horror. "W-Why are you asking?"
 
 
 
 
"Nothing.... You just seems familiar to me.." TOP shrugged his shoulders but still looked at Dara. 
 
 
 
 
"Oh! Maybe you both met when she was still here in Korea.. Dara  said that she studied here in Korea before she went to California," Bom said, seemingly delighted to the possibility that Dara and TOP have met then. In her mind, she wants her boyfriend and sister  to go along really well. 
 
 
 
 
"Really?" this time, it was Jiyong who asked as Bom guides their way towards the mini bar just before they enter the dining room. "What school?" he asked. 
 
 
 
 
"Uhmm.. It doesn't really matter. The university I went to is not that popular. Probably you guys haven't heard of it," Dara said rather nervously. She doesn't want to lie but she doesn't want them to recognize her either. She's comfortable of them not knowing who she was and she wants it to remain like that, them not knowing that Dara was the girl they made a with back at college. 
 
 
 
 
"Okay, if you say so.." Jiyong said in a dismissive tone as he pulled a chair and sat beside Dara. But TOP seems to be not believing her. There's really something in her that seems familiar to him. He can't pin-point what is. 
 
 
 
 
"Here," Bom said then placed the drink on the marbled bar. Then, soon the two boys stopped interrogating Dara which made the latter released a sigh of relief. They started talking about random things, Jiyong getting to know Bom better and the same goes for Seunghyun and Dara. But Dara was cautious enough not to slip anything about her past- her past which unfortunately has a relation with Jiyong and Seunghyun. 
 
 
 
 
Bom even told them the story of how she and Seunghyun met. They were at the same club at the same time. Destiny worked and they met- Bom's words. They exchanged phone numbers and soon, their first date becomes a second. Then before they bot knew it, they were constantly seeing each other while TOP is in California for some business. When Seunghyun went back to Korea, their communication never stopped, Bom even visits Seoul once in a while to see Seunghyun. And that's how their love blossomed. 
 
 
 
 
Dara looked at her sister and smiled, a genuine smile this time. She can see how happy Bom is right now. Well, she had a hint ever since that Bom was seeing someone because of the way Bom smiled whenever she would receive a text message or an email. The way her eyes lit up whenever she would tell Dara about this man. And the way she was overly excited about visiting Korea whenever she would every once in a while. And seeing how happy Bom is, Dara promised to herself that she'll do everything to retain her sister's happiness. 
 
 
 
 
And Dara would do everything in her might for Seunghyun and Jiyong to never know who she was. Because if they knew, Bom will know that Seunghyun is one of those guys who hurt her. Bom will know that Seunghyun is one of the guys Bom promised to herself that she'll kill with her own hands for hurting her sister like that. And lastly, Dara knows that if ever Bom will know that Seunghyun's one of those guys, that would break Bom's heart. And she doesn't want Bom to experice what she had experienced. 
 
 
 
 
And after a long while, Jiyong and Seunghyun big farewell to the girls, telling them that it's already late at they should rest now. 
 
 
 
 
 
"I'm happy for you, Bom.." Dara said as the two were climbing the stairs. 
 
 
 
 
"Thanks, Dara.. I'm happy as well," Bom replied with still that smile on her face. Dara just nodded her head towards her sister before she hurried her pace to her room. She locked her door and huffed a sigh of relief. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"TOP hyung, I've noticed how you looked at Dara a while ago.. You can't seem to take your eyes off her," Jiyong started as they both made their way to their respective cars. 
 
 
 
 
It irritated Jiyong seeing how his TOP hyung is staring at his woman. Yes, his woman. Because he's sure that Dara's going to be his. And no one, dared no one, should ever look at her. Dara was for his eyes only. And damn his TOP hyung if ever he has some interest in Dara. He already has a girlfriend! Jiyong shouted inside his head as he inwardly glared at his hyung. 
 
 
 
"It's just that she's really familiar to me.." TOP said then placed his forefinger and middle finger on his chin and rubbed it gently. His brain working double time as he tried to remember if ever he already met her. But there's only one image that can in his mind. And he was surprised knowing that he still knows that girl's face; the nerd whom they played with back then. 
 
 
 
"Say, Ji.... What's the name of the girl we've made a bet then? The one you took the ity away and dumped her like trash the morning after?" TOP asked.
 
 
 
 
"Uhmm.. Dara?" Jiyong replied, confused as to why his hyung is asking about that nerd. Then, he was stopped when something entered his mind. Did his TOP hyung see any resemblance between the nerd back then and beautiful Dara now just like what he saw?
 
 
 
 
"Dara? But Bom's sister is Dar......." Seunghyun's voice faltered as his face paled. Is there any possibility that that Dara is the nerd? "Are they the same person?" he asked, almost breathless.
 
 
 
 
"That's what I thought so too, hyung.. But come on! There's no way in hell that she'll be the same girl! Look at Dara, then remember that nerd! They're just worlds apart. It's impossible that they're the same person," Jiyong vehemently shook his head, telling his hyung that what he is thinking is absurd. 
 
 
 
 
"Pabo!" Seunghyun exclaimed as he threw a disbelieving look at his dongsaeng.. "There's a make-over, you know..." he stated then rolled his eyes.
 
 
 
 
"Aisht. Whatever, hyung.. Do you honestly think that that nerd will be as beautiful as Dara even if she undergoes a make-over? That's totally crazy, hyung. Look at Dara.. Her beauty can't be compared to anybody else, it can't be copied. She's one of a kind," Jiyong said as he proceeded opening the door of his car. He looked at his hyung as saw him thinking deeply. 
 
 
 
 
"Well, you're right.. It's impossible that Dara's the nerd back in college.. I guess I'm just over thinking things," Seunghyun then shrugged his shoulders and opened his car door. He waved goodbye to Jiyong and the two lads got on their separate ways.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
______________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
DARA
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I walked confidently towards appa's office. And yes, I'm alone because my sister Bom has a date with her boyfriend. I sighed. I slightly glanced at my right and saw appa's worker looking at me and they were smiling.. I smiled back at them and greeted them with cheerfulness that I always have. 
 
 
 
"Omo.. Ms. Dara is really a beauty.."
 
 
 
"And she's kind too."
 
 
 
"I wonder if she already has a boyfriend.."
 
 
 
"Ms. Bom is kind too. And also beautiful. Mr. Park sajangnim is really lucky to have daughters like them.."
 
 
 
"I hope Ms. Dara and Mr. Kwon's son be together.. They're perfect for each other.."
 
 
 
"No. I still think she and Mr. Lee suits really well together."
 
 
 
"No. It's Mr. Kim who should be with her."
 
 
 
Wait, why am I hearing appa's worker linking me to Jiyong? And to Jaejoong? And how come they can say that we're perfect for each other when they haven't even saw us together. These people.. I can only shake my head at them. And hmmm, as if I'll let it be me and Jiyong together.. No, I won't let that happen. I won't make the same mistakes with the same person. I have learned my lessons. 
 
 
 
"Good morning, Ms. Dara.."  appa's secretary greeted me when I was approaching the door to my father's office. I greeted her back as I smiled before continuing my pace and entering appa's office. 
 
 
 
"Hi, Dara.. I heard your sister is out for a date, eh?" appa greeted me then asked as soon as I entered his office. He walked towards me and led me to sit on the couch the sat beside me. 
 
 
 
"Well, yeah.. Bom's out for a date today, appa.. But she said that she'll report to work after lunch," I replied as I opened the files in my hands and reviewed them. It was about the hotel Bom and I are going to deal with in Jeju island. It's the main reason why we're here in Korea. I scanned the files, with appa silently scanning the files as well. 
 
 
 
Appa offered me an office inside the building but I refused. It's not like I'm staying permanently here. Bom and I are just here for a business and once that business is done, I'll immediately fly back to California and run our business there. It's okay for me if Bom decided to stay. Well, I already has an inkling that she'll stay because she and that TOP looked serious. And I really hope they're serious and that guy is serious over my sister. 
 
 
 
"Oh, by the way.. I forgot to tell you. The sons of my three business partners will be with you in Jeju.. The deal there is like the merging of the three companies and we decided that it's best if you, the younger ones, will be the one who'll handle it," appa said as he pointed something on the paper. I followed my gaze to where appa is pointing and slightly frowned when it says there that the deal might take a month or more. 
 
 
 
"Who'll be with us, appa?"
 
 
 
"You've already met two of the three sons.. You only have to meet the last one.."
 
 
 
Eh? I've already met the other two? I can only remember meeting Donghae. He's the one I met that is the son of appa's business partner. What is he talking about me meeting two of them? As far as I can remember, I only met one. I tried to rack my brain and tried to remember if there were any other men I met that is the son of appa's business partner but got disappointed when I didn't come up with anyone.
 
 
 
Oh wait, I remembered about what appa said about someone who picked us up at the airport when Bom and I got here in Korea. He said that it was his business partner's sons who'll pick us up. And who picked us up that day? Donghae and Jaejoo--
 
 
 
 
Jaejoong is the other one. I groaned inwardly as sighed. How come misfortunes of me meeting the guys who hurt me in the past kept on happening in just a short span of time? Is really the fate playing tricks on me? I've already learnt my lessons. Do I need to forgive them so that I won't keep on meeting them? Is that what I need to do? But what if I'm not yet ready to forgive them, Jiyong and Jaejoong? What if the scars they've felt me is not yet completely healed? It's easy to forget but it's not easy to forgive. 
 
 
 
 
"Dara, you seemed to be in deep thought," appa commented as he slightly tapped me on my shoulders that brought me back to reality. I cleared my throat and smiled up at him before closing the files on my hands. Then I stood up from the couch and bent a bit to kiss appa on his cheek. 
 
 
 
"I'm alright, appa." I assured him when I see worry dancing around my father's orbs. "I'll just head back home study this file," I waved the folders in my hands and turned around. 
 
 
 
"Okay. I love you, Dara.." 
 
 
 
I stopped on my tracks as a smile crept up my face. I know appa felt the predicament I was in just a while ago. And it made me want to cry knowing that appa knows what to say to make me feel lighter, to make me feel okay. I turned and face appa and with a smile on my face, I replied. "I love you too, appa.."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I slowly fluttered my eyes open when I heard something ringing not so far away from me. I looked around my room and tried to adjust my eyes to the darkness that enveloped my room. Seems like I fell asleep while I was studying the file about teh business in Jeju. I lifted the blanket and crawled towards the end of the bed where I spotted my phone. 
 
 
 
I looked at the caller ID and frowned seeing Chaerin calling me. Wait, what time is it? Oh... It's already eight in the evening.. I wonder if Bom's home already? I haven't heard her voice so I guess she's still not home yet. I asked myself as I answered the call while letting out a loud yawn. 
 
 
 
"Unnie! Where are you?" Chaerin immediately asked as soon as I picked up.
 
 
 
"I'm at home, waeyo?"
 
 
 
"Let's meet, unnie!!!" Chaerin said, too excited and too giddy for a normal meet up. And right then and there, I know she's up to something. Aha! She's trying to make me and her brother spend some more time. I groaned inwardly as I rolled my eyes. No, I'm not in the mood to see that Jiyong again so I'll make up my excuses now. 
 
 
 
 
"I'm sorry, Chaerinie but I still have some work to finish right now so I'll have to say no to that," I said with the most apologetic voice I could muster.
 
 
 
"Please, unnie?" Chaerin pleaded on the other side, and I can imagine her pouting her lips and batting her eyelash at me so that I'll say yes to her. But this time, no. I won't bend down to my favorite dongsaeng's whims. 
 
 
 
 
"I'm really sorry, Chaerinie.. I'll make it up to you next time, neh?" I said then stiffened a little when I heard that familiar voice on the other line. It seems like Jiyong was talking to Chaerin. And I was right. Chaerin is setting me and Jiyong to meet again. I just hope that Chaerin will get tired of doing that. I don't want her having false hope that me and her brother could happen. It could never happen. We will never happen. 
 
 
 
I heard Chaein sighed on the other line. And I know I won this round. I smiled triumphantly as I sightly closed my eyes. "Arasso, unnie.. Fighting on the work you'll need to do, unnie!" Chaerin then added the last sentence a little more cheerfully. 
 
 
 
"Neh.. Thank you, Chaerin.. Take care," I said then ended the call. I slumped my body on the bed once more, with my eyes directed at the dark ceiling above me then sighed loudly. I put my left arm atop of my forehead as I tried to see what will happen to me once we were in Jeju working. I know it shouldn't bother me but I can't help it. Jaejoong will be there. And his presence just brings back the memory I deeply wanted to bury way before.
 
 
 
 
If only he fulfilled his promise. If only he didn't changed. If only he didn't treat me like how the other kids in high school treated me. And most importantly, if only he didn't left me I think we would still be best friends until now, even more. So many what if's. I sighed once more. How many times have I sighed this day? They said that every sigh you release, you also let go of some luck in your body. I guess I don't have any luck left in my system anymore because if I was lucky, then I wouldn't be meeting them again, the guys I never wanted to cross paths with. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
YES! 
I UPDATED. MUAHAHAHAHA. :D
ANNEYEONG YEORUBUN!
SORRY FOR THE BORING CHAPTER, NEH?
AIGOOOOOO T__________T
FORGIVE ME, JUSEYOOOO~ /puppy eyes/
I SARANG YOU ALL!!!!!!! <3
 
 
SORRY FOR THE MISTAKES HERE.. kkkkkk
I'M LAZY TO PROOFREAD.. 
 
 
 
 
My unnies and dongsaeng in Twitter (you know who you all are) kkkkk.. 
I SARANG YOUUUUUUUUU~~~ /buing buing/