Giving In

Your 'not-so' Typical Love Story

 

DARA

 

 

I pushed the double doors of the café in front of the school. There are times that I find it hard to study in the library. Especially when Jiyong would always be barging in and shouting my name, never minding the stares the librarian would give him. I can only shake my head as I recall those times.

 

 

I roamed my eyes around and café and slightly smiled seeing my usual spot vacant. I strutted my way towards the table and settled myself on the comfortable seat. With my mocha frappe and Oreo cheesecake, I was ready to study for my exam later.

 

 

I pulled out my Marketing 101 book from my bag and adjusted my eye glasses before sighing. I looked around first, looking for my boyfriend’s presence. And when I was sure that I am all alone in my sanctuary, I started reading, preparing for the exam I have later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Uhm, excuse me Ma’am..” the tender broke through my peace thirty minutes after I started. I adjusted my eye glasses – as I usually do- then looked up at the tender.

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

“Someone asked me to give this to you,” the polite tender said as she placed down a note beside my drink. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I reached for the piece of paper.

 

 

What could this be? And who gave this?

 

 

I slowly opened the note and started reading what was written inside. Moments passed, my grip on the note tightened that made it crunch. I was gritting my teeth in anger when I was done reading it. How dare him send me a note?

 

 

I crumpled the note and glanced around the café, trying to look for someone who’s not very familiar to me but I knew. My jaw clenched when I spotted him on the far end of the café, his gaze measuring mine. He was smiling tentatively at me, his eyes sparlking with unshed tears. He was asking for my forgiveness through his gaze, but I can’t give him my forgiveness. I can never do that.

 

 

Seething with anger after seeing him in such a long time, I stood up from my sit and started gathering my things in a hurry manner. I need to leave this place immediately. I can’t stand on being with him in one roof, let alone in the same café. I shot him a glare first before I completely went out of the café, sending him a silent message that I don’t want to see him ever again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was walking aimlessly along the school grounds with my head bowed down, my mind preoccupied by the man I saw a while ago at the café. I still can’t believe he has still has the guts to show his face in front of me. After all that he has done? Unbelievable.

 

 

I shook my head as a bitter smile crept up on my lips. I snorted as I kicked the little stone that flew away from me. Sighing, I looked up and continued my way towards the building of my next class.  I should shake those thoughts away from my head. I need to concentrate on my exam later.

 

 

I bowed down my head once more as I was ascending the stairs. Students that passed by me send me disgusted stares as they shake their heads. I can only sigh with the way they seem to make it obvious that I’m not one of their favorite people. But I don’t really care about them, seriously. I have my own life to deal with.

 

 

I was just twenty steps away from our room when I bumped into someone.

 

 

“Sorry,” I apologized immediately, bowing my head.

 

 

“Clumsy… You’re so clumsy, babe,” that familiar voice of Jiyong made me lift my head up and look at him.

 

 

“Ji… What are you doing here?” I asked, obviously surprised seeing him here when his class is supposed to be on the other building across this one.

 

 

“I’m just here to remind you about our date later… I thought you might forget it because of all the studying and reading that you probably made before going here,” he said as he casually drape an arm around my shoulders and lead me inside my room.

 

 

Students immediately shot their gazes on us that moment Jiyong stepped inside the room.

 

 

“Ohhh.. T-That…” I stuttered, remembering that today is Valentine’s day and we will be having our first official date.. And today is also the day I will give him my………..treasured gift.

 

 

“You know what?” Jiyong said as he leaned on me and brushed the tip of his nose on my cheeks. My breath caught up in my throat as I felt shivers ran down my spine. Jiyong was just too close for comfort. And the fact that my classmates are looking at us didn’t help at making me calm. “Your cheeks always fascinates me whenever you would blush..”

 

 

“Yah,” I said breathlessly as I tried to push him away, waning to have at least enough distance between us to normal my breathing and the pace of my heart.. “Students are looking, Ji..” I added.

 

 

“So? Let them look,” he said nonchalantly as he placed a chaste kiss on my lips. He smirked at me as he stood up and brushed his thumb across my surprised lips. I can hear collective gasps around me but I don’t care. “See you later, babe,” he said then waved his hands as he was walking away from me.

 

 

I released a long breath while watching his back. Being near my boyfriend will surely be the death of me. He can literally take my breath away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

JIYONG

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey man,” I looked to my right and saw Youngbae approaching me with his infamous eye smile. I smiled back at him as I crossed my legs and stretched my arms on the seat next to me. “Tonight’s the night, huh?” he asked.

 

 

 

“Yeah.. Tonight’s the night that you all are gonna be losers,” I mocked, a smirk forming on my lips.

 

 

I glanced to my right and frowned seeing Youngbae frown. My eyebrows furrowed as I studied him a little longer. He doesn’t say anything about the bet, he just stayed quiet and looked ahead. I can hear his brain working and thinking, and knowing him, he is somewhat feeling guilty of the bet we made. But we cannot back out now, can we? I cannot back out. Because I always stay true to my words. And I never back out from anyone who challenged me.

 

 

 

“Hey Ji,” Youngbae started. “I think you should stop this bet.. I think it’s not a great idea to play with someone as innocent as that girl,” he said.

 

 

 

“What’s with the sudden change of heart? As far as I can remember, you agreed with the bet. You seconded Seungri when he suggested we play with the nerd.. So why the change?” I asked, a little irritated by the fact that Youngbae, my best friend, is getting so boring as days passed by.

 

 

 

“Nothing.. It’s just that, Dara is so innocent that you can crush her into pieces when you’re done with her. She’s so fragile, Ji. Can’t you see it?”

 

 

 

“So?”

 

 

 

Youngbae turned silent as he looked at me with disbelieving eyes. I can just only shook my head in annoyance and confusion. Why does my best friend suddenly wants to stop the bet? Is he, somewhat, attached to the nerd? Thinking that made me want to puke. Who would want that nerd? She’s such an eyesore to everybody.

 

 

 

“Don’t tell me that you have feelings for that nerd, huh?” I teased, elbowing him slightly on his side. Youngbae just shrugged his shoulders and shifted his gaze away from me. “Oh, come on man! Have standards.. A lot of hot girls are drooling over you yet you’re concerned with a useless girl..” I continued, laughing in the process.

 

 

 

“Whatever, Ji.. I just don’t want you to regret everything that you will do…. Remember, regrets are always at the end.”

 

 

 

With that, Youngbae stood up and left me sitting on the chair, my eyes following my best friend’s retreating back. I would never regret playing with that nerd, I am sure.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I glanced once more in the mirror, checking my appearance if I look well enough. And I slightly smiled seeing myself. I am contented with the way I look for tonight. And speaking of tonight, I dresses a little different because tonight is a special night for me and Jiyong.

 

 

 

I dug deep in my closet and found a simple overflowing black dress that settled an inch below my knees. And I think this is my lucky day because I also found a matching sandals that will go along with my dress. And my hair, I tied it up in a slightly messy bun and kept my eye glasses-of course, because I couldn’t see without them-,  and put a soft tint of pink in my lips and put a little blush on my cheeks.

 

 

 

 

I smiled once more. The girl I am seeing on the mirror is slightly different from the old Dara who wore long hideous skirts and long sleeves, hair in a super neat pony tail and big eye glasses that almost covers my face. And even if I don’t want to admit it, I am liking what I’m seeing right now. And maybe, I could change a little of me and make myself presentable enough so I can be worthy to be called Kwon Jiyong’s girlfriend.

 

 

 

I turned around and walked towards my bed and collected the small pouch I found under my bed. And before I go out of my room, I glanced for the last time in the mirror and smiled. “You look pretty, Dara..” I said to myself before opening the door and closing it behind me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I looked around, trying to see if Jiyong is somewhere near. I was already fifteen minutes late in our meeting place, the Han River, and yet Jiyong was nowhere in sight. Half an hour passed and I started to get worried. What must have happened that made him o be late for almost an hour? What If something happened  to me? Oh God, no. I silently prayed.

 

 

 

I stretched my neck and looked around, hoping that I could see that familiar stance. I was tempted to stand on one of the benches so I could see him easier and I was about to do so when I caught a sight of his auburn locks. I smiled to myself arrange my dress. Heart beating fast inside my chest, I waited for him to approach me. And when he did, he just quickly glanced at me before walking away.

 

 

 

I furrowed my eyebrows. Is Jiyong playing a trick on me? He just saw me yet he passed by me. I quickly followed him and tapped him on his shoulders.

 

 

 

“Ji,” I called when he turned around and looked at me with confusion in his face.

 

 

 

“Where are you going? We’re supposed to meet an hour ago,” I said, reminding him about our first date.

 

 

 

“Dara?”

 

 

 

“Uhmm.. Yes?” I think he really is playing a trick on me. He looks surprised seeing me here, like it was the first time he saw me. But then I remembered that I was dresses a little differently and that made me blush. 

 

 

“Oh..” Jiyong cleared his throat as he scratched his head. “I thought you were somebody else..”

 

 

I can only smile at him and bow down my head to hide the blush that is creeping on my cheeks.

 

 

 

“Let’s go?” he asked as he offered his hands. I took it and held it tight against mine, and hand in hand, we walked towards where our feet would take us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIYONG

 

 

 

 

 

“Omo! Look! It’s spongebob!” Dara exclaimed excitedly as she continuously point at the store where they sell that weird looking yellow sponge. I groaned in annoyance as I let Dara drag me to the store. We were already bumping so many people due to her excitement but I guess she doesn’t care.

 

 

“Uhm, excuse me…. How much is that SpongeBob?” Dara asked one of the saleslady as she pointed to the, probably, the largest SpongeBob stuffed toy I ever saw.

 

 

“That would be 100000 won, ma’am. That’s our last stock..”

 

 

Dara immediately rummaged through her pouch and got her wallet. I turned around and tried to look for something that’ll catch my attention. Seeing all these yellow stupid things makes me nurse a headache. As I was wandering my eyes around, I saw Kiko walking outside the store. I followed her with my gaze and thought to myself that I’ll be having her the moment I’m done with this nerd.

 

 

And speaking of this nerd, why does she kept on tugging my arm? I turned around to face her and saw that she was pouting. What could have happened?

 

 

“Waeyo?”  I asked.

 

 

“Nothing.. Let’s go?” she said as she tugged on my arm once more. I complied with her and we got out of the store.

 

 

As we were walking along the streets of Myeongdong, I noticed that Dara became silent. She would just eventually glance at the stores that we passed by but she won’t take notice of the things inside. Even if we passed by another store that sell that yellow thing, she just ignored it and continued to walk.

 

 

I was starting to irritated because of the way she was acting. And more so, I don’t have a freaking idea why she became silent all of a sudden.

 

 

“Omo!” Dara exclaimed. I immediately looked at her and saw that she was looking up at a guy who is apologizing to her.

 

 

“I’m so sorry, miss. I didn’t see you..” the guy said.

 

 

“Aniyo.. It’s okay….” Dara replied, waving her hands.

 

 

“I’m really sorry, miss.. I was not looking at where I was going..”

 

 

“No.. It’s really okay.. I was not looking either..”

 

 

“Are you sure? You’re not hurt anywhere?” the guy said once more. Oh, I was really getting irritated by them because they keep on saying things repeatedly. They could just say sorry to one another then go as if nothing happened. Why repeat saying sorry?

 

 

“Aniyo.. You don’t have to worry about it..”

 

 

 

“Arasso.. I’m really sorry.. By the way,  I’m Lee Do—,“

 

 

“Let’s go, babe?” I interrupted the dude even before he could introduce himself. Is he blind? Can’t he see that Dara is with someone else? I secretly glared at the guy before wrapping my arms around Dara’s shoulders.

 

 

“Oh… Arasso..” she replied, looking up at me with her smiling face.

 

 

And soon, we were walking towards the familiar road to my apartment. That Lee guy totally forgotten.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you want something to drink?”  I offered her as soon as we entered my apartment. I led her to the couch and made her sit down, then I sat beside her and wrapped my arms casually around her shoulders.

 

 

“It’s okay, Ji.. I’m not thirsty..” she replied. I smirked when I felt her scoot closer to me. I squeezed a part of her shoulders as we stay silent for a little while. But in my mind, I was imagining what I would do to her once we were already inside my room. I smiled evily as I thought that I already won our bet.

 

 

“Oh.. I forgot to greet you a ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’, Ji,” Dara broke through the silence after a while as she turned slightly to face me. She was smiling up at me, it was a different smile that she usually give me. A smile that conveys a meaning that I cannot read.

 

 

“Happy Valentine’s Day too,” I greeted back, the evil smile on my lips slowly faltering as I dip down my head on hers, making our lips touch softly.

 

 

I moaned at the feeling of her lips on mine that I circled my arms on her neck as I deepened our kiss. And the moment I felt her respond with the same intensity, I lost control. I collected her in my arms and carried her towards my bedroom where my bed awaits.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Closed doors. Everything happened behind the closed doors of his room. Everything happened especially that thing that made him a complete winner of the bet him and friends had made. Everything including the thing that will left Dara scarred and broken. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

A/N: Long update because it felt like it has been so long since I last updated.. kkkkkk ^_____^ Forgive me for being lazy, eh? :D Well, anyways.. Here's an update guys.. :D Hope you enjoyed reading it.. And oh! Dara gave up her cherry already.. KYAAAAAAHHH~~ What will happen next? What will happen to them? Let's find out as the story goes by, neh? So, this is just it this time. See you all in the next chappy! SARANGHAEYOOOOOO~~

 

 

sorry for the mistakes here, neh?  I'm too lazy to proofread. kkkk...