Unexpected

Your 'not-so' Typical Love Story

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am walking side by side with my sister, Chaerin. We are on our way towards where the rest of my friends are. Chaerin was silent beside me, she’s not on speaking terms with me ever since she lashed out on me the other day.

 

 

I understand her though. I understand why she is mad at me, her own brother. What I did to her unnie was beyond crazy, beyond insane. I’ve hurt an innocent girl. I’ve brought pain to someone who does nothing bad to me. I should be punished. I know I deserved a punishment or something.

 

 

I could’ve prevented hurting Dara. I should’ve said no when Seungri suggested that we have a bet. I should’ve but I didn’t because I was blinded with my own cockiness. I was blinded with the popularity I had that I didn’t think things through. I wasn’t aware that I was hurting someone because I all I care about is what satisfaction it would bring me to win that bet.

 

 

And now, when all is said and done…I feel like an . A big first class jerk.

 

 

My sister despises me. I’m sure Bom wants to kill me, judging with the way she looked when that girl with short hair revealed everything. Saying that I was shocked knowing that the nerd back in college and the Dara, whom I’m practically claiming inside my head is the same girl, is the understatement of all time.

 

 

It took me a while to process the thought that I was not able to react first. I was in the middle of sinking the thought inside my head when I heard Bom yelled on the side. It was a blur to me- what was happening. And the next thing I knew, Bom was being carried away by Jaejoong with TOP hyung following them. And Chaerin pouring the icky wine on me followed by a slap.

 

 

It was my first time then, receiving a slap that is. And the fact that it came from my sister who looked up to me as her mighty big brother made it sting more than it could have been.

 

 

I didn’t know what came to me when I dragged Dara outside the restaurant. I know I was hurting her with the way I was holding onto to her wrist but I didn’t care. I tightened my hold on her, letting her feel that I was angry.

 

 

I was angry at so many things. I was angry at her for not telling me that she was the same girl who I hurt back then. I was angry at Seungri for even starting that bet in the first place. I was angry at TOP hyung for suggesting that I drop her like a hot potato after I was done with her. I was angry at Youngbae and Daesung for not being sensible enough and stopped me from hurting someone.

 

 

And to top all that.. I was and still is, angry at myself. I was angry at myself being the douchebag that I am. I was angry at myself of being too proud that I was not aware of the things I am doing. I was angry at myself for being an insensitive jerk.

 

 

And now, I’m guilty as . How am I going to ask for Dara’s forgiveness? Wait, do I even deserve it? I was doubting myself. I never doubted myself, only this time.

 

 

I snapped out of my reverie when I felt someone punched me on the side of my lips. I stumbled down on the sand as I cradled my jaw. , it hurts.

 

 

“OH MY GOD, OPPA!” Chaerin shouted and immediately ran to my side. She examines my face and looked worriedly at me.

 

 

I smile reassuringly at her before I looked up to see who the mothering bastard punched me really hard. Damn, I’m going to get back at that . I helped myself to stand up and was about to dash to whoever punched me when I was stopped cold seeing who it was.

 

 

“How dare you, huh?” Jaejoong said through gritted teeth as he advanced towards me with curled fist. His eyes in fury. He went to me once more, his fist landing on my cheekbone. , it really hurts.

 

 

But I dared not to fight back. I deserve this. And I deserve so much more. So with eyes blazing with guilt and something more, I just looked at Jaejoong. Telling him silently to hit me more, because I deserve more.

 

 

He advanced to me again, this time his fist landing on my stomach. I groaned in pain as I stumbled on the sand once more. I can hear murmurs of the people passing us by but I don’t give a . I just want Jaejoong to finish beating me up ‘coz he’s punches really hurts.

 

 

“STOP!!! Oh my God, what are you doing?!!!!” Chaerin exclaimed as she wildly flail her arms and stood in front of me, protecting me from Jaejoong.

 

 

I wiped the side of my mouth and groaned seeing blood in my hands. Urgh, great. I hate blood. I tried to stand up but my knees wobble. , now I’m feeling weak.

 

 

“Move, girl. I need to teach your brother a lesson..” Jaejoong said, walking towards me and Chaerin.

 

 

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING, HUH?!” Chaerin yelled, pushing Jaejoong on his chest. “Why did you punched oppa? WHO ARE YOU?!” she continuously exclaimed as she tried to hit him in his chest, but due to Jaejoong’s height, Chaerin only managed to punch his upper stomach.

 

 

“I’m Dara’s best friend and I need to teach your brother a lesson,” Jaejoong said calmly and easily shoved Chaerin aside, making her shriek in annoyance.

 

 

Jaejoong went to where I am and placed his legs on either side of him, he then took hold of my collar and hoist me up. He then punched me again across my face that I had to wince.

 

 

“Who do you think you are, huh? How the can you do that to Dara?!” Jaejoong hissed and punched me again. , Jaejoong really knows how to punch really good. I think I’m starting to feel a little dizzy but I don’t care. As I’ve said, I deserve every punch Jaejoong is willing to throw at me.

 

 

Jaejoong punched me again.. And again.. And again. I can already feel blood trickling to the side of my lips but I don’t care. I closed my eyes, waiting for Jaejoong to be done with his punching saga.

 

 

“Jaejoong! What are you doing?!” I heard a familiar voice. Her voice. I opened my eyes and crooked my neck, trying to see her. I saw Chaerin ran to her Dara unnie and wrapped her arms around her then sobbed. She was pointing her fingers at me and Jaejoong, who’s apparently still holding on to my collar.

 

 

“Omayghad Jaejoong! What are you doing?” Dara shrieked and ran to us, not minding the people who’s surrounding us right now and tried to see what is happening. Nosy people. I rolled my eyes.

 

 

Jaejoong let go of my collar forcefully that I lied on the sand again. Soon after, my sister is on my side.. checking every side of my face. She was close to tears seeing the blood on the side on my lips but I shook my head at her, sending me silent message that I’m okay. I helped myself to stand up, with Chaerin holding my elbow.

 

 

“Oppa, are you okay?” Chaerin asked silently, her voice laced with worry.

 

 

“I’m fine, Chae.. Don’t need to worry about me..” I replied while shaking my head.

 

 

“Are you sure, oppa? Let me take you to the infirmary..” She offered but I shrugged her hold on me and turned.

 

 

“No need, Chae. I’m fine by myself.. I’ll just go back to my room and clean myself.” I said and started my tracks, with my peripheral vision taking a glance of Dara and Jaejoong. I clenched my fist as jealousy boils inside me.

 

 

I walked away with heavy heart and overpowering guilt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong winced as he stood in front of the mirror, looking at his bruised face. He had a cut on his lip, another cut on his eyebrow and a bruise on his right cheekbone. He tried to touch his lip and groaned in pain. He cursed under his breath as he continued to examine his face.

 

 

He was about to go to the bathroom when someone ringed his doorbell. He just ignored it, thinking that it must be the room service. He continued on his steps but stopped midway when the ringing on the doorbell became insistent. He groaned out loud and changed the course of his direction, dragging his feet towards the door.

 

 

“H-Hi…” Jiyong stiffened on his spot and his eyes widening seeing who was standing in front of his hotel door. “Uhm… I brought a first aid kit..” she said and lifted the kit she was holding and smile tentatively at him.

 

 

Jiyong just stared at her, not believing that she was here, standing in front of him and smiling at him.

 

 

“Aren’t you going to let me in?” she asked, averting her gaze away from his face.

 

 

Jiyong cleared his throat and blinked his eyes. “Oh, I’m sorry about that..” he said in a low voice.. then he widens the opening of the door and welcome her inside his room. He made her sit down on the edge of his bed while he stood in front of her.

 

 

“I’m just being kind and I’m guilty that my best friend was the one who caused you this.. And mainly because I’m guilty that I was the reason why Jae beat you up.. So…” Dara said as she tapped the space between her while looking at Jiyong, telling him to sit beside her.  

 

 

Jiyong absentmindedly sat at her side, his head working in full mode. Telling him that this was his chance to say sorry to her.

 

 

“I….uhm….” Jiyong started but Dara cut him off but turning slightly to get something inside the first aid kit. Dara stared pulling out cotton balls and putting an ointment in them. She then turned to Jiyong again and carefully dubbed the cotton on his bruise, careful not to hurt him some more.

 

 

“Ouch..” Jiyong groaned a little and pushed himself far away from her, his cut stinging. He closed his eyes and endured the pain before he opened them again.

 

 

“Oh, sorry about that..” Dara said softly before she put ointment on his cuts again. Gently this time.

 

 

Jiyong looked down and tried to ignore the nervousness at the pit of his stomach. When was ever the time that Jiyong became nervous? None.. There’s never a time that he became nervous because he was sure of himself. But he’s not so sure right now. All he knows is that he’s nervous and he needed to apologize to her completely.

 

 

“D…..Da…Uhm.” Jiyong stuttered and mentally cursed himself. Damn him for not even managing to call out her name. That’s how guilty he is. He cleared his throat and tried again.

 

 

“D-Dara….”

 

 

Dara just remained silent and continued tending his cuts and bruises. She doesn’t know what came to her when she grabbed the first aid kit and ran to his hotel room. She doesn’t know what came to her when she made him sit beside her and cleaned his cuts. She doesn’t know and she’s confused as hell. Isn’t she supposed to hate him and his guts for every doing what he has done to her? Isn’t she supposed to stay away from him as far as possible? But what is she doing right now?

 

 

“I don’t know. Blame my selfishness.” Dara’s inner self shrugged her shoulders and sighed.

 

 

“I’m sorry…..” it was so soft, almost like a whisper that it almost didn’t reach her ears. But she heard it. Loud and clear. She heard and she can’t believe her ears.

 

 

Dara stiffened as her hands were suspended midway. Her fingers clutched on the cotton ball a little tighter that it deformed. Her mind slowly processing what she heard. And her heart started beating erratically, painfully inside her chest when the words of his sunk in her head.

 

 

He said sorry. He apologized.

 

 

Is it enough? Is sorry just enough for her to forgive him? Would just a mere ‘sorry’ heal all her wounds that he has brought? Was ‘sorry’ really enough?

 

 

Dara slowly snap out of her reverie as she slowly shook her head. She brought her hands down stood up, her back on facing him. This is all too much. Hearing him say sorry in that voice of his made her remember his sweet ways, his ways that she believed, his ways that’s just part of an act to trap her.

 

 

Dara forced out a smile, even if he cannot see.

 

 

“You know what? Let’s just forget what happened in college, neh? All the people around us is affected even if they’re not part of that past,” she then laughed dryly before continuing… “I…. Let’s just start anew, okay? Past is past. It’s already done. No one can undo it.”

 

 

Before Jiyong could even utter a single word, Dara stormed out of his room. Leaving him feeling -ier than ever.

 

 

He placed his elbows on his legs and buried his face on his palms. Wincing when he pressed on his cut.

 

 

He already apologized yet all she said is that they should forget what happened. He really didn’t get her forgiveness after all, did he? He knows it’s not that easy but he won’t settle with just that. He needs to have her forgiveness. And even if he needs to stoop down to his levels or standards, he will.

 

 

Because even if he doesn’t want to admit it, he sees Dara as someone who’ll play an important role in his life.