Seungri and Youngbae

Your 'not-so' Typical Love Story

 

 

NEW BANNER THANKS TO MY FRIEND JAY (lovesjiyong) ^^

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JIYONG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"HYUNG!" That familiar pesky voice. I groaned as I massaged my temple. Why is that rat here? I came here in Jeju for business and relaxation purposes yet why am I hearing that voice of that maknae? I guess I'm just hearing things. I shook my head and brought my attention back to the business proposal on my hands. 

 

 

I sighed when I didn't hear that voice again. I guess I was really hearing things now. I was focused on reading and reviewing the paper on my hands as I reached for my drink across the table. I sighed once more, the proposal written in this paper is just so absurd. There's no way in hell that the Kwon's, Park's, Kim's and Lee's will approve of this. 

 

 

"HYUNG!" that voice once more. Urgh, why is that rat's voice kept on calling me in my head. 

 

 

"HYUNG!" irritated, I turned my head and looked towards the shore where my eye widens when I see a specific rat waving his hands happily at my direction with a bright smile on his face. 

 

 

Oh ! What is that guy doing here? I thought to myself with a disapproved nod of my head. He's my friend I know, but he's just full of mischief in his body that all he thinks is looking for a hot woman. 

 

 

"What are you doing here?" I hissed under my breath when he got to my side and casually draped an arm around my shoulders. 

 

 

"Oh, we're to relax too, hyung," he replied brightly. 

 

 

"We?" I repeated. 

 

 

"Yup!" he replied, emphasizing the "P" and it made me more irritated at him. "Me, TOP hyung, Youngbae hyung and Daesung hyung," he said as he counted with his fingers like a silly child. I rolled my eyes at him. 

 

 

"What are you doing here?" 

 

 

"We're here to relax, of course," the pesky panda replied that sounded like it was the most natural thing in the world. And suddenly, I had the urge to hit  the paper I'm holding in his head.

 

 

I don't know why I'm acting like a grumpy ahjussi now. Maybe it was the scene I witnessed last night. That Jaejoong guy hugging Dara like his life is depending on it. And recalling what I saw made me grit my teeth in deep jealousy. Yes, I am jealous. I admit it. If I'm not jealous then why would I had the feeling to beating the life out of that guy when I saw him hugging what was mine? Yes! Dara's mine. 

 

 

"Uhm, hyung..." Seungri hesitantly said as he tapped my shoulders lightly. "Are you okay? You look like you're about to kill someone.."

 

 

I snapped out of my jealousy rage as I sighed in frustration. I cleared my throat before turning mu head towards Seungri. "I'm alright," I choked out. "Why don't you pester the others. I still have tons to do," I really have so many things to do, like reviewing more business proposals and the likes.. And oh, beating every single guy who dares lay a finger on what's mine. 

 

 

"Okay," Seungri chirped, back to being his jolly self as he turned around and started walking away from me. But he abruptly stopped when he's not so far from me and I thought that maybe he forgot to tell me something. He looked back at me and I was confused for a second why he looks so surprised. Then he returned his attention ahead of him and I followed his gaze. 

 

 

There, I saw Dara walking together with Donghae and Bom. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri was frozen on his spot. He can't believe what he is seeing right now. He just can't believe his eyes. 

 

 

There, he saw the college nerd they played with back then. But she's not a nerd anymore though she's wearing a small-framed eye glasses. Seungri can't deny the big resemblance they had. And he's was sure as hell that the woman walking with two other people is the same girl his hyung deliberately hurt because of their playful bet. 

 

 

Seungri had to groan out loud when he caught a good look at Dara. She was so beautiful now, he thought. She was far from the girl who wore ankle-lenght skirts and old-fashioned long sleeves. She was not the same girl who wore thick and big eye glasses that covers half of her face. She changed, he thought. Seungri's mouth went agape as he continuously stared at Dara. 

 

 

Seungri was brought back to reality when someone tapped his shoulders. He turned his head only to see his Jiyong hyung looking at where he was looking a while ago. 

 

 

"She's a beauty, neh?" Jiyong said as his eyes followed Dara's every move, captivated in everything that she does. 

 

 

Seungri can only just nod his head in approval. 

 

 

"But eyes off what's mine, maknae-ah," Jiyong softly said, but there's a threat in his voice that Seungri cannot be mistaken. Jiyong squeezed Seungri's shoulders  lightly before padding his way towards Dara and the rest, his eyes zeroing on Donghae's hand that is comfortably draped on Dara's shoulders. 

 

 

"But she's the nerd back then, hyung.." Seungri tried protesting but Jiyong was far enough to hear him. Seungri released a confused sigh as he combed his fingers through his hair. 'Maybe Jiyong hyung already knows that she's the nerd back then... Yeah, that's right..' he thought as he turned and walked in a different direction. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"That's all," Bom said as she placed the documents she was holding down on the table and sat beside her sister. 

 

 

They - Jiyong, Jaejoong, Donghae, Bom and Dara, are inside one of the conference rooms inside the hotel as they started talking about the reason why they went to Jeju. The Kim's, Lee's, Kwon's and Park's decided to build a luxury resort in the heart of Jeju that can attract tourists. 

 

 

The Park's are the ones in-charged of the design of the hotel and the whole resort. Kwon's will be the one doing all the feasibility studies needed for the success of the resort. While the Lee's while be handling the sources where they could find world-class materials needed and the Kim's are the one who will be allocating the budget the four companies have agreed upon. 

 

 

"That was a good design," Donghae commented as he nods appreciatively at Bom. "It screams luxury. Just what we are aiming for," he added. 

 

 

"Thanks to our very talented architect. He made mine and Dara's imagination into sketch. And he'll put that sketch into reality soon," Bom said proudly as she elbowed her sister slightly and raised her two thumbs with a big smile on her face. 

 

 

"Since we heard the reports from all of us, why don't we have dinner now?" Jaejoong said while he stood up from his chair and offered his hand towards his best friend, who is just sitting beside him. 

 

 

Dara giggled softly as she took Jaejoong's hand and stood up from her seat as well. "Yeah. Let's go have some dinner.. I'm really starving now."

 

 

Jiyong squinted his eyes seeing Jaejoong and Dara's clasped hands. He stood up from his seat and slammed his hand at the table due to jealousy, startling everyone in the room which made them to look at him with confusion. 

 

 

"Hey, Jiyong.. Are you alright?" Bom worriedly asked. 

 

 

Dara looked at Jiyong's direction and their eyes met. They stayed staring at each other as Dara slowly unclasped her hands from Jaejoong's hold. It was like there was something in Jiyong's gaze, like a magnet pull that made her redeem her hands from Jaejoong. 

 

 

"Eherm," Dara cleared as she looked away. "Dinner?" she asked then slowly made her way towards the door and went out of the conference room with the rest following her suit. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jiyong hyung!" I turned my head around and saw a guy with visible eye bags under his eyes. He was waving his hands enthusiastically towards Jiyong who was seated in front of me. 

 

 

I noticed that there's three other guys following the first gut. They continued their way towards Jiyong and patted him on the shoulders when they got to him. 

 

 

I recognized Seunghyun from the four that just arrived at our table, and that made me widens my eye in realization. They looked so familiar to me. I racked my brain and tried to remember where I saw them.. Ah, yes. They were Jiyong's friends back then. And from what little I know, the guy with dark circles under his eyes is their maknae.. I forgot his name. I shifted my eyes towards the other guy, the one with the Mohawk hairstyle. And he was looking back at me, with recognition written in his eyes. 

 

 

I suddenly felt nervous. I know he recognized me, the one with the Mohawk hair. I know he knew who I was. It's not that I don't want them to know that I was that stupid girl they laughed at back then. It's just that I was finished with that part of my life and I've already moved on. I don't want my present and future be tainted with the hurtful past I had. I just want to live a peaceful life with nothing to worry about. 

 

 

"Hey, babe.." I heard Seunghyun greeted my sister as he kissed her hastily on her lips. I can see the smile plastered on Bom's lips that I can't help but to smile as well. Just as I said, seeing my sister happy makes me happy too. 

 

 

"Excuse me," I said then stood up from my seat. Jaejoong was looking at me worriedly, asking me if there's something wrong. I smiled reassuringly at him before turning my attention to the rest. "I'll just go to the comfort room."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I don't know what I am doing here but when I was about to return to our table after I went to the comfort room, my feet its own and brought me to a different place. A mini park located at the back of the restaurant.

 

 

There was no other people aside from me and I was thankful for it I just wanted to moment of silence and peace. That park was slightly lit with the lamp post that it gives off a mysterious vibe yet a calming one. I inhaled the night's breeze and made my way towards the lone bench placed at the right side of the mini park. I sat at one side and looked up only to find that there's no stars that wanted to accompany me, only the big, bright moon. 

 

 

Did my decision of not telling Jiyong I was that nerd wrong? Should I have told him that I was that gullible, naive girl who fell for his trap and who fell in love with him? Should I have told him that he was the reason behind why I agreed with Chaerin and Bom in giving me a make-over?  That he was the reason why I came to my father and pled for him to take me away? That he was the reason why I don't believe in the magic of love anymore? That he was the reason why I find it hard to trust men?

 

 

What would I get if I told him those things and more? Would it erase the past that has been done? Would it heal the wounds and scars he had inflicted on me? Would it really make any difference if I told him those things? No, right? So why bother reminding him of the past I'm sure he has forgotten already?

 

 

"Eherm," I whipped my head to the side to see who was the intruder to my short solitude here in this peaceful mini park. "Can I sit?" he asked as he motioned for the other side of the bench. 

 

 

I just nodded my head simply before looking ahead and tried to ignore the guy with the Mohawk hairstyle who was sitting on the other side of the bench. I think I remembered his name.. It goes with Youngbae or something like that.. 

 

 

"I know what you're doing, Sandara-ssi," he said after a deafening silence that took place between us. 

 

 

"Doing what?" I asked, rather confused as to what he was talking about. 

 

 

"Changing the way you look.. Coming back after a year.. And the likes."

 

 

"And why, I pray, do you think I'm doing that huh?" I looked at him and he was looking back at me, as if he was assessing me. 

 

 

"Revenge.. You're back because of revenge," he simply said, with eyes still locked on mine. 

 

 

I released a dry laugh as I shifted my gaze away from him. "Revenge?" I repeated, the word tastes off when it rolled in my tongue. I forced out a laugh once more before I stood up and faced him. 

 

 

"Why would you think that I came back because I wanted to seek for revenge?" I just had to ask him. 

 

 

"You wanted to hurt my friend just like how he hurt you way back then. And Sandara-ssi, I don't want to see my best friend get hurt. He may be a jerk but he has a good heart. We're just so young back then, we were playful that's why we did the bet.. And we're sorry for it.. I am sorry for it."

 

 

I looked at him incredulously with my eyes so wide with disbelief. How dare him say those things to me? He was not the one who was deliberately played with like some kind of cheap toy.. He was not the one who was destroyed after Jiyong got what he wanted with me. He was not the one who felt all those pain I suffered. So he doesn't have any rights telling me what I should do if ever I really wanted to seek for revenge. 

 

 

And before I know it, all the emotions buried deep down inside my heart started boiling, wanting to erupt. But I held myself back. No, I don't want to let him see how I am still so vulnerable with all that strong facade I managed to put. I took an intake of deep breath to calm my nerves down before I opened my mouth and started to speak. 

 

 

"Isn't it ironic, huh?" I snickered. "The friend of the man who destroyed me beyond repair is accusing me of having a plan doing the same thing, hurting Jiyong that is. As far as my fogged mind could remember, I haven't thought of seeking for revenge. It didn't even crossed my mind even when I was drowned in pain because of what Jiyong did. I came back because I have a business here to tend to and it just so happened that Kwon Jiyong is on this project as well. 

 

 

If what I wanted is to be followed, I never wanted to cross paths with him ever again.. Because every time I see his face, all the pain, the hurt, came  rushing back to me. So rest assured, Mr. Youngbae, that I won't be hurting your friend. Because his mere presence is hurting me. That's why I'm doing all the best I can so this merger will be done as soon as possible. And besides, it's not in my nature to hurt somebody deliberately like what you and your friends did," I hissed through gritted teeth the last sentence I added. I turned around and wiped that single tear that escaped from my eye. 

 

 

"Good night," with clenched fist and tightened jaw, I willed myself to walk way from the mini park and ignore the urge to run back to that Youngbae and punch him senseless and hurl bad words towards him for even thinking that I was set to have a revenge. 

 

 

I really have to do my best so I'll be done here. I don't think I can stay longer with Jiyong and his friends here. Seeing them makes me remember what I've been through under their hands. And it makes me want to curse myself over and over again for being so naive, for trusting Jiyong in every word he says. I vowed to myself that I'll be finishing this work in two weeks and be back in California. Live a peaceful life there and totally forget what my life had been in Korea. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

YAY! AN UPDATE~ ^^

ENJOY YEORUBUN.. 

kkkkkk ^^

I SARANG Y'ALL! <3

Leave some comments JUSEYOOOOO~~

and thank you to those who subscribed and left a comment.. <3 xoxoxo

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

follow me in twitter! @bttrflygrl