Almost

Your 'not-so' Typical Love Story

 

JIYONG

 

 

 

 

I smiled as I heard the loud music coming from the inside of the bar. I was just on the parking lot yet I feel so hyped hearing that music blasting from the speakers. I haven’t felt this exciting feeling for a very long time now. I was so busy with my work that I neglected my needs as a man, which is partying and all that .

 

 

I entered the club with my smile almost reaching my eyes. Good thing appa let me off to work early today. He said, I should be ready for tomorrow because it will be tomorrow that our business partners will arrive.. And tomorrow will be the arrival of my sister from California.. I sighed. It’s been so long since I last saw that kiddo. I missed her..

 

 

“Hey Ji!” I heard someone shouted my name that broke my reverie about my sweet little sister. I turned my head to the right and smiled some more seeing TOP hyung waving his hands for me to see. I raised my hands telling them that I saw them and I’m on my way. I started my tracks towards my friends and stopped halfway when I spotted someone familiar.

 

 

I changed my course of direction and went to that someone familiar instead. I tapped her on the shoulders but she was too busy dancing with her partner. I tapped her again, this time a little forceful than the first so she could turn her attention to me.

 

 

“Ji?” she asked as she smiled widely at me, her eyes twinkling with recognition as she roamed her eyes around me.

 

 

“Kiko..” I greeted, entrapping her in my arms. I felt her stiffen in a second then responded my hug in a heartbeat.

 

 

I reached for her hands and pulled her away from her dance partner, who is shooting glares at me. I ignored him and pulled Kiko to where my friends are.

 

 

“So, how are you?” I asked as I let her seat beside Youngbae who has a drink in his hand.

 

 

“Kiko noona! It’s been a long time!” Seungri exclaimed over the loud music as he settled himself beside Kiko and placed his arms around her shoulders.

 

 

 

“Yeah. It’s been a long time..” Kiko said then smiled at Seungri before she looked up at me. “What are you guys been up to?”

 

 

“You wouldn’t believe what happened to the five of us, Kiko,” this time, it was TOP hyung who said that as he placed his drink down on the table and stood up beside me.

 

 

“We all tamed!” Seungri blurted out excitedly as he puffed his chest in a boastful manner. I chuckle at his antics. He’s still the playful maknae who’s been the mood maker in our group but I guess he kind of ‘tamed’.

 

 

“And our TOP hyung is currently crazy over this girl whom he met a year ago when he went to California for a business meeting,” I added as I draped an arm around TOP hyung and snickered.

 

 

“Wow,” Kiko exclaimed, her eyes wide and directed to TOP hyung and her lips curved into a smile. “I never imagined that TOP will be crazy over one girl. Usually, it was girls who were crazy for him,” all of us laughed at what Kiko said.

 

 

TOP hyung just snickered beside me and reached for his drink and took a gulp. He offered me a drink but I refused it. I don’t want having a hangover when I fetch my little sister tomorrow at the airport. And thinking of my little sister, a smile crept up on my lips. I just missed that kiddo so much. It has been years since I last saw her. I wonder what she looks like right now.

 

 

“Oh! I remembered, hyung!” Seungri exclaimed as he stood up from his seat and stood beside me, draped an arm around my shoulders and grinned maliciously at me. I just looked at him with my brows furrowed. “Chaerin’s arriving tomorrow, right?”

 

 

“Yes,” I replied simply, shrugging his hands away from my shoulders.. “So?”

 

 

“Can I come?” Seungri asked, batting his eyelash at me like a little girl. I palmed his face and pushed him not so gently away from me. Then I chuckled when I saw his defected form as he sat at where he was sitting just a while ago.

 

 

“By the way,” Kiko said as she stood up from her seat and offered us her smile. I smiled back at her. “I need to go back to my friends. I bet they’re looking for me now.. It’s nice seeing you boys again after a year.. See you around,” Kiko waved her hands and said her goodbyes.

 

 

“Chaerin’s arriving tomorrow?” TOP hyung asked as he walked towards the couch and sat beside Seungri. And seemingly tired from standing up, I walked towards the couch as well and sat beside TOP hyung and Youngbae.

 

 

“Yep,” I answered.

 

 

“Wow.. It has been so long since I last heard from that kiddo… I missed that stubborn little sister of yours, Ji..” Youngbae commented as he shifted his attention to me and away from the dance floor.

 

 

“Well, yeah.. I kinda miss that girl too,” I sighed after a sigh.

 

 

“I heard she already has a fashion line established in the U.S.A… She must be so great,” Seungri commented, admiration lacing his voice as his eyes twinkle with interest about the girl they’re talking about which is my precious little sister. 

 

 

“Yah! I’m not going to allow you to come close to Chaerin..”

 

 

“Why, hyung? I haven’t done anything bad to her!” Seungri whined pouting his lips.

 

 

“You’re so erted you might corrupt her.. So I’ll make sure she’s far away from you as possible..” I said, and high fived Youngbae who laughed at what I said. Well, it’s practically true. I don’t want my sisters hanging around this troublesome maknae of ours. His brain just kept on spurting erted ideas that I don’t want my sister hanging around near him.

 

 

“HUL!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA

 

 

 

 

I shivered in fear, feeling the plane shook slightly with the turbulence. And unknowingly, I clutched tighter to the divider next to me. I tightly closed my eyes and prayed that it will be over soon. I prayed that we will be landing soon so that I won’t be scared anymore.

 

 

“Are you seriously afraid of flying?” Bom asked me as she laughed a little. I know she doesn’t believed me when I told her that I have a fear of flying. And of course, she wouldn’t know because we have never been on the same plane whenever we would travel inside U.S.A. It’s either she went ahead of me, or I went ahead of her. This is the first time we were ever seated on the same plane.

 

 

I nodded my head in her question as I kept my eyes closed. Not even risking of opening them and seeing the teasing glint in Bom’s eyes.

 

 

“OMO!” Bom suddenly exclaimed that made me more nervous than I already was. My heart inside my chest felt like it wanted to jump out of my ribcage and jump out of the windows of the plane.

 

 

“What?” I asked and slightly opened my one eye so I could peek.

 

 

“The wing of the plane just broke!” she almost shouted, the laughed evilly after she said that. But I didn’t processed her laugh, all my brain encoded is what she said before she laughed. And it’s enough to make me want to kill myself right now. I feel so scared. And then the plane suddenly jolted a little. OMYGAHD! I wanted to really kill myself right now.

 

 

Then, uncontrollably and unknowingly, tears started streaming down my cheeks dues to so much fear. I reached for Bom’s hands and clutched it to my chest tightly. I don’t care if I’m sticking my nails into her skin. I just needed to know that we’re still both alive and I have someone to cling on if ever the plane did fall. Thinking about that made me shudder in fear.

 

 

“OUCH,” I heard Bom whimpered because of my nail that kept on digging into her skin but I don’t care. I’m too scared to care.

 

 

“Omyghad… You really has an aerophobia,” Bom noticed. Maybe she saw what I look like right now. Me, clutching to her arm like it was my life line and my eyes shut tightly.

 

 

“I already told you,” I mumbled and released a whimper when I felt the plane move again. I clutched tighter to Bom, if that was possible.

 

 

“Omo, I’m sorry Ssantokki,” Bom whispered, her voice so low as I felt her caress my hair. And somehow, I relaxed a little feeling my sister’s gentle ways. And gentle was typically not Bom’s style because she was always violent, so aggressive. And yet she’s willing to show her gentle side to me.

 

 

“What happened to Dara unnie?” I heard Chaerin’s voice.

 

 

“Aerophobia,” Bom simple replied.

 

 

“Aigooo. Poor unnie.. Don’t worry unnie, we’ll be landing in an hour.. Juts hang in there,” Chaerin said.

 

 

AN HOUR?! Can I last for an hour? I asked myself and my inner self intensely shook her head. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“HELLO, KOREA!” Chaerin immediately shouted as soon as she went out of the plane. Other passengers, whom we didn’t see during our trip because we were sitting on the business class, looked at her as if she’s some kind of a crazy woman. Chaerin just ignored them and continued with being her cutesy self.

 

 

“Uhhhmm. Chaerin, everyone’s looking at you,” I said, pulled her arms and tugged her towards the baggage reclaim area and waited for our luggages.

 

 

“By the way, who’s going to collect you, unnies?” Chaerin asked as she me and Bom.

 

 

“Well, I talked to appa before we board the plane and said that his business partners’ sons are going to fetch us here in the airport,” Bom said.

 

 

Eh? Why them when we don’t even know them? I whined inside my head..

 

“Ohhh.. I see,” Chaerin muttered then got her luggage from the moving platform.

 

 

“Who’s going to fetch you, Chaerin? If you want, you can come with us..” I offered.. I feel a little uneasy knowing that its Chaerin’s first time in Korea again for after a long time. I don’t want her to be lost. I just feel so protective over my Chaerinie.

 

 

“No need to worry about me, unnie..” Chaerin then chuckled as she helped me get my luggage.. Then we helped Bom with hers and we started walking. “My brother will be picking me up!” Chaeirn excitedly exclaimed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

 

 

 

 

The girls were all standing on the arrivals place. Dara and Bom kept on calling their appa because they don’t know what the ones who will fetch them look like. But Park Jin Young is not answering. While Chaerin on the other hand kept on stretching her neck upward, hoping to catch a glimpse of her brother.

 

 

Dara shifted her eyes to the right and squinted her eyes to see some more. But what, rather who, she saw made her stiffen on her spot. She immediately turned to Bom and smiled awkwardly at her sister before pretending to look around some more.

 

 

“What is he doing here?” Dara asked to herself.

 

 

Dara was lost in her thought that she didn’t notice the two guys walking towards them.

 

 

“Excuse me… Are you Bom and Dara?” a guy with a deep, yet gentle voice broke through Dara’s reverie.

 

 

“Oh… Yes, we are..” Bom replied, a smile widely plastered on her face seeing the two guys in front of her.

 

 

“I’m Lee Donghae…” the guy, who asked them if they were Bom and Dara, offered his hand to Bom which Bom gladly took for a handshake. Dara turned her head around and smiled at guy but her smile faltered seeing the guy standing beside Lee Donghae.

 

 

“I’m Kim Jaejoong,” the guys beside Donghae introduced himself. Dara stiffened. Bom smiled once more, greeting Jaejoong with much enthusiasm.

 

 

“Hey, why aren’t you taking their hands for a handshake?” Bom nudge Dara’s side. Dara forced a smile on her face as she reached for Donghae’s hand and shook it. Then, hesitantly, she reached for Jaejoong’s hand, flinched a little, and shook it quickly.

 

 

“I guess you girls must be tired from your trip.. Let’s go?” Donghae said as he offered to take Bom’s luggage, being the gentle man that he is.. But his attention is all on the brunette girl.

 

 

“Let’s go?” Jaejoong said, intended for Dara as he reached for her luggage and lead her towards the car awaiting for them. Dara followed him, her thoughts in chaos and bewilderment eating her guts.

 

 

“Anneyeong, Chaerin-ah! We’ll meet again soon, neh?” Bom called for Chaerin and waved at her. Chaerin waved her hands at her Bom unnie and pouted when she thought that she couldn’t let her brother and Dara unnie meet now because Dara and Bom are about to go.

 

 

Chaerin’s eyes lit up seeing that familiar white Bentley approaching her and she was about to call for her Dara unnie but saw that their car already started moving. She frowned and thought that they could meet some other time.

 

 

“Oppa!” Chaerin exclaimed as she threw herself on her brother. And luckily, Jiyong was quick enough to catch his hyper little sister. He smiled widely as he hugged her.

 

 

“I missed you, kiddo..” Jiyong said as he ruffled Chaerin’s blonde locks.

 

 

“I missed you too, oppa…” Chaerin said, pouting cutely at her brother as Jiyong took Chaerin’s luggage and put it in the trunk of his car. He led her to the front seat, beside the driver’s seat, and smiled some more before he started the car.

 

 

“If only you came a second earlier, you would’ve seen……” Chaerin sulked.. Jiyong chuckled at the sight of her little sister and he thought that she’s too pissed that the name she’s intending to say came out as a mumble that he didn’t understand it.

 

 

“Is it another of your match-making, Chaerin? I’ll warn you.. It’s not going to work.” Jiyong said then laughed a little seeing his sister pouting and sulking.

 

 

“I’m telling you oppa! Unnie’s so pretty that you’ll drool over her once you get to see her! You’ll eat your words. I promise you,” Chaerin threatened his brother, only to receive one of his infamous laugh..

 

And even if she wanted to be pissed at her brother because he’s taking all the things she’s saying about her Dara unnie so lightly, she can’t set aside the fact that she really missed her brother.. And now, they’re on their way towards her parents that made her excited up to no extent. Enough to forget about her supposedly match-making her brother and her Dara unnie for a while. 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

SOON! 

 

 

 

 

 

Forgive me for being such a lazy bum.. T_____T

Thank you for waiting and I sarang you all /kiss/