A Glimpse of the Past

Your 'not-so' Typical Love Story

AUTHOR'S POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wow," Bom exclaimed, her arms spread out wide as she inhaled a lungfull of fresh air coming from the waters not-so far from the balcony of their room. "I forgot how Jeju looks so magnificent. I could stay here forever," Bom added in a whisper as she took in the beauty of the place. Seeing the calming waters below, and how the wind made the tress to sway gently made it feel like home for Bom. 

 

 

She slightly turned around and looked inside the room only to find her sister unpacking her things. Dara's so uptight that the only thing her mind could come up to is work and Spongebob. And Bom can't help but to e a plan on how to help her sister loosen up while they were in Jeju, Of course with the help of the three gorgeous men who seems to have their eyes for Dara. 

 

 

They can't deny it. Bom sees how Donghae, Jiyong and Jaejoong look at her sister. Though Donghae's gaze seemed tamer than that of Jiyong's. But there's something in the way Jaejoong looks at her sister that seemed off. Like he was asking for something from her every time he would look at Dara. And it didn't escape her eagle eyes whenever Dara would stiffen when Jaejoong will be around, or how she scoots away when Jaejoong tries to sit beside her. And she knows for sure that something was happening between them... she just can't pin-point what was it. But she's sure as hell that she's going to know about it. 

 

 

"Dara," Bom called for her sister in her sing-song voice that usually ticks Dara off. Bom just find it hilarious how that sister of hers would be pissed off at her whenever she will call her in that tone and made her leave that things she's doing. Dara loves Bom like that and it made the latter to be so proud of herself. 

 

 

"What, Bom? I'm busy," Dara replied in low tone, means she's starting to get pissed, which made Bom's smile to widens. 

 

 

"I just need to ask you something," she said, a hint of seriousness can be heard from her tone but there's playfulness in it too. Dara glanced at her sister for a while, then she shook her head and dropped her clothes on the bed as she padded her way towards the balcony of their room. 

 

 

They were supposed to get separate rooms but when they got to the front desk, someone told them that the hotel was fully booked and said that there's only one room booked under Park's name. Bom was ready to raise hell right then and there, but Dara held her back, telling the clerk that it's okay and they'll check-in in their room. But now, Dara was regretting what she did because she would have to endure her sister's talking nonstop about everything under the sun. And Bom just can't stop giggling whenever she would have any interaction between the three men they were with. 

 

 

"What?" Dara asked as soon as she was standing side by side with Bom on their balcony, with her eyes feasting on the beauty  ahead of her. 

 

 

Dara felt Bom turned to face her. And when she looked up, gone was the playful Bom and was replaced by the serious, caring sister that she is. Dara sighed, she knew Bom noticed something odd with the way she was acting eversince they got back from Korea. And heractions where odder when they got to Jeju Island. Is just that she can's stay put or be comfortable having to spend a whole month  with her supposedly "best friend" and the guy who "broke her heart". 

 

 

"Do you and Jaejoong know each other way before?" she asked. 

 

 

"Yes," she have to tell the truth. Bom is known for detecting if someone is lying straight to her face.. And besides, Dara need not to hide it from her sister. She was her sister after all, Dara can tell her anything because she's sure that in the end, even if it's her fault, Bom's going to be on her side, supporting her in every way she can. 

 

 

"You want to tell me about it?" Bom said slowly, peeking at her sister through her lashes as she saw Dara sighing deeply. She won't force Dara to tell her what happened with her and Jaejoong, no she won't do that again. She already forced Dara to tell her about that jerk of a college guy that destroyed  her, who by all means, she doesn't want to know the name but promised to kill with her own hands. 

 

 

Dara sighed once more, setting her gaze to the horizon. She opened and started telling Bom what had happened to her Jaejoong. What happned to their friendship.. And what happened to their almost love-story. 

 

 

"Jaejoong was my best friend..... We're insepererable eversince we were born. And I look up to him and I always see him as my hero, my savoir. It was so perfect, our friendship.. But something unexpected happened.. He changed.. That's what happened..." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sun have set. And the only thing that can be seen are the lighted torches artistically placed along the beach line, to give enough light to the people wanting to have a stroll on the beach in the middle of the night. 

 

 

Dara decided to sneak out of their room while Bom was having her late night-shower. She just wanted to walk along the shore, think about everything. She was walking slowly, her long beach dress sways along with the wind as it blew past her. She hugged herself for she forgot to grab her cardigan while on her way downstairs. She just shrugged her shoulders and continued walking slowly along the shore. 

 

 

It was after a while that she spotted a broken log not do far away from her. She padded her way towards it and settled herself on it. After she was seated on the log, she sighed then lifted her head up.. gazing at the stars that was scattered on the dark sky. Seeing that shining little patches on the sky made the memories of the past came rushing from the back of her head. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There was a a teenage boy, about sixteen years of age, lying on a mat together with a teenage girl, the same age as the boy. They were on a hill, with their hands clasped together, their eyes focused on the shiny dots on the sky. There was only silence between them, yet it's comforting. 

 

 

"Dara," the teenage boy whispered, squeezed the teenage girl's hand and turned to look at his best friend. 

 

 

"Hmmmm?" Dara hummed, without even looking at the guy beside her. She was too captivated by the beauty of the stars that even her best friend can't divert her attention from it. 

 

 

"Let's stay like this forever, neh?" Jaejoong softly said, meaning every word he said. 

 

 

Dara shifted her gaze away from the stars and looked at her best friend. He was smiling at her, and the sincerity of the words he just said can clearly be seen on his eyes. Then, slowly, a smile formed on her lips as she held her pinky finger up in the air. 

 

 

"Promise?" she asked. 

 

 

"Promise." he replied as he hooked his pinky finger with hers, sealing their promise of always being together and him not leaving her just like what her father had done to her and her mother. 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara shook the memories away from her head. She shouldn't be thinking about the past now. She had moved on from it already. She was sure that she had moved on. She wasn't feeling anything anymore. But there's something on the back of her mind that  says that it's really not a good idea spending a whole month with Jaejoong and Jiyong in Jeju. She knows she needed to do this because it was all work. 

 

 

"Hey," she was startled when a jacket was placed on her shoulder as she heard that familiar timbre on his voice. She immediately stiffened on her spot, not wanting to turn to look who it was for she knows who it was. She felt him sit beside her on that log and stayed silent after Dara opened and said something she was meaning to ask him. 

 

 

"What happened?" she asked softly, her eyes directed at the darkness ahead of her. She was asking a simple question that requires a simple answer. But they both knew what she really is asking about. The guy beside her sighed. 

 

 

"I changed..." he replied, his voice so low she could barely hear what he just said. 

 

 

Dara sighed  as she turned her head and bravely faced the guy beside her. "You left.. You promise you wouldn't left me but you left," she said. 

 

 

"I know I promised.... And I was sorry, I am sorry that I broke my promise," Jaejoong said as he looked at her, his gaze met hers then he saw the vulnerability in it. The vulnerability she tries hard to hide but he knows her too well. 

 

 

"Sorry wouldn't cut it, you know that right?"

 

 

"Yes, I know," he replied, head bowed down in sadness. 

 

 

There was a long silence consumed the two. No one spoke, they just sat there on the broken log, with their thoughts on that familiar lane to their past. Dara sighed after a long time, her gaze still locked on that endless darkness.

 

 

"I forgive you," Dara breathed out, turning her head towards Jaejong and smiled, a genuine smile for the first time for him. 

 

 

Jaejoong was rooted on his spot, not believing what he just heard. And when he turned to look at her, he heaved a sigh of relief. She was smiling at him. The smile she used to give him back then. The smile he loved. And the smile that brightens his day. With so much happiness running through his veins, he unconsciously pulled her and hugged her really tight. 

 

 

Dara sighed as she fought the tears that are threatening to fall from her eyes. She hugged him back and smiled. 

 

 

"Hello, bestfriend," she whispered and Jaejoong knew what that meant. He hugged her even tighter, missing her for the years they've been apart. Regretting that part where he broke his promise. And guilty for the times that he should have been there, protecting her from the people that tried to hurt her. 

 

 

"I promise I won't leave, ever again," he softly said. 

 

 

"No promises, Jae.. No promises," she said. She doesn't want him giving her promises then breaking  it afterwards. She just wanted her best friend to be back, have someone who'll protect her.. who'll be there for her whenever she needed a friend. 

 

 

Jaejoong just simply nodded his head, promising himself that this time, he's going to fulfill the promise he failed to accomplish back then. He was going to be her personal savior, her personal shield. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unknown to the two figures on the shore, there was a lone guy staring at them with his fist curled into a tight ball and eyebrows furrowed. He was oblivious to the two friends who just reconciled. And he can't help but to acknowledge the fact that he was raging with jealousy. 

 

 

And as far as Kwon Jiyong knows, Dara belongs to him. And she will never belong to anyone else but to him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeh~~ 

An UPDATE.. kkkkk ^^

Sorry for the long wait.. T_________T

 

 

How was it guys? 

Comments juseyoooo~~

Tell me what you think.... 

 

Ohhhhhhh..

About Dara and Jae's part...

That's just a glimpse of it, neh?

Do you want to know the rest?? Do youuuuu?

Ahhhhh... Some other time, maybe.. 

/mehrong/ kkkkkkk ^^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I SARANG YOU ALL! <3