Falling

Your 'not-so' Typical Love Story

 

In Seoul National University, you can see variety of people, students rather. People with different attitudes, personalities, likes and dislikes gather around in this so called prestigious school in the whole South Korea itself. But let’s not focus on them, shall we? Why don’t we focus ourselves with two people, namely Sandara Park and Kwon Jiyong, who will be….hmmmmm..let’s say, the main reason of this story, neh?

 

 

Sandara Park and Kwon Jiyong. Two people that is very different to each other, the opposite of each other. But as they say, opposites do attract. Is this passage really true? Can this quote really happen to them even if they are worlds apart?

 

 

Kwon Jiyong.. He’s your typical playboy, your typical school kingka. Girls go ga-ga as soon as he stepped on the scene. His face, his stance, his mere presence can make girls lose their minds. He changes girls like how he changes his clothes, which is approximately three times a day.

 

 

Sandara Park… She’s your typical nerd, an outcast. No one notices her presence; no one cares for her existence. With the way she wears her ankle-length skirt and her hideous long sleeve which is an eyesore for the students, people can’t stop looking at her with disgust.

 

 

Such contradicting words to describe him and her. But it seems like fate has other plans for the both of them. They are the opposite of each other yet fate decided to let their paths meet. To let their lives cross and be tangle with each other.

 

 

She’s your typical nerd, and he’s your typical playboy. Together, can they make your typical love story?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gossiping around is what most college girls do during their break. They gather around and talk about someone who they find so irritating. They rattle on someone who they really hate because of their insecurities.

 

 

But for guys, they spend their free time talking about girls, and more . And sometimes, they make bets on someone they find so gullible, so naïve because they are just bored with their existence that they wanted to make fun on someone. And a great example of that is happening in a table full of five rowdy boys, specifically where Kwon Jiyong belongs.

 

 

“Hey hyung…. Do you see that girl over there?” the youngest one asked, pointing his lips towards the farthest corner of the cafeteria.

 

 

“Who? Ms. Four-eyed ?” Jiyong asked boredly, glancing at where the maknae is pointing.

 

 

“Yes.. Yes..” Seungri replied, seemingly over excited about something his great mind has come up with.

 

 

“What about her?” this time, it was the older one who asked.

 

 

“Let’s make a bet on her, shall we?” Seungri asked, wiggling his eyebrows maniacally. “And it has been so long since we last played,” he added.

 

 

Hearing this, all ears went to the youngest. Interested on this game their most playful had in mind.

 

 

“What's the deal?”  Jiyong inquired.

 

 

“You, my great handsome hyung, should take her ity on Valentine's day.”

 

 

Jiyong cocked an eyebrow, liking Seungri's idea. Three head nods in agreement, letting themselves be a part of such bet.

 

 

“That's all?” Jiyong asked  confidently. A smirk marring his lips as he glanced once more at the corner where their topic of bet is silently eating, burying her head on the book she's reading.

 

 

“Na-ah,” TOP, the oldest one, wiggled his fore finger, having an idea what to add to the bet to make it more exciting and enjoyable and entertaining for them. “Then you should break her heart the morning after.”

 

 

“What do I get after I'm done with her?”

 

 

“You've been dying to have Kiko's number, right? I'll give you that 's number when you win in our bet..” Seungri smirked. Knowing how his hyung is so competitive, he knows Jiyong will take this seriously.

 

 

“Deal!” Jiyong exclaimed, then stood up from his seat and stretched his arms and legs.

 

 

“But you have to let us have one of your hot girls' number if you lost,” Youngbae said, a boring smile plastered on his lips.

 

 

“Consider yourselves loser, guys. 'Coz I will surely win this ,” Jiyong said, then smiled triumphantly at the guys before glancing at his target. And soon after, his feet started walking towards the corner of the cafeteria with a smirk on his face.

 

 

Sandara was oblivious to her surroundings that she's not even aware that her once peaceful life will make a drastic turn, a 360 degree turn.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

“Excuse me,” a deep yet gentle voice of a man interrupted her precious time with her books. Dara looked up from what she’s reading and adjusted her eye-glasses so she could see clearly. “Is this seat taken?” she softly gasps, not believing that a human is talking to her. She’s so used to people ignoring her every day that she gave up on her hope that someday, someone will talk to her.

 

 

Dara immediately composed herself and cleared silently before shaking her head, telling the guy that the seat is not taken. Then, to make it look like she wasn’t affected by his appearance at all, she buried her head on the book again. But her senses are aware how slowly he sat on the chair in front of her, how good he smells, and how his hair shine bright when it was touched by the sunlight.

 

 

She shook her head slightly and chuckled to herself, reprimanding herself to behave like a twenty-year old that she is.. It’s not like it’s her first time to see a male specie, it’s just her first time talking to one. She was an outcast, after all. She reached for her drink without her looking, trying to ignore the giddy feeling inside because of having someone so gorgeous sitting across her.

 

 

She was about to reach for her drink when he cleared his throat. Looking up, she saw him looking at her, his eyes hooded with some mischievousness she can’t fathom, then, his lips slightly curved into a smile that made her heart beat go thump-thump inside her chest. She slightly smiled back at him, then was about to read again when he broke the silence between them..

 

 

“Hi… I’m Kwon Jiyong,” he said.. She knew him, of course. Who wouldn’t know the school’s prince? The most popular guy in school.

 

 

“I know…” she replied.. “I’m S—“

 

 

“Sandara Park,” he finished her sentence, making her surprised that he knows her name.  Then, he smiled at her once more, the butterflies in her stomach going crazy.

 

 

She smiled back, then he stared at her, still smiling..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

Days passed, weeks even, and Jiyong got the habit of popping out of nowhere, startling her. But soon, she got used to it. Having Kwon Jiyong beside her is just normal for her after weeks of being together. And somehow, she is seeing Jiyong in a different light.

 

 

 

Rumors started spreading around the campus. Like she's just another of Kwon Jiyong's play thing. Or Jiyong is just playing his role as the charming prince that he is. And worst, they started calling her , , and every ugly name you can think of. She’s not the ‘Miss Nerdy of the campus’ anymore..

 

 

 

She would just ignore them. She's still, after all, inside her own world. It's just that Kwon Jiyong managed to get in. She doesn't know how. But he did.

 

 

 

And of course, playing the role of her prince, he defends her from the evil es he calls dirty college women. Telling the girls who call her bad names to go someone else. And they would leave her for some time, then they'll go back into calling her names once more.

 

 

She was pulled back from reality when the bell rang. She immediately gathered her things and put it inside her bag. She needs to go to the library and study physics because..well..because she doesn’t know anything to do at all besides studying. She went out of the room and slowly walked along the corridors.

 

 

 

And now that she noticed as she walked along the corridors of the campus towards the library, Kwon Jiyong is nowhere in sight. In fact, there are no students lingering on the hallways. She checked her wristwatch and furrowed her eyebrows.

 

 

 

“That's weird....” she murmured to herself as she fastened her pace. It's twelve o'clock and there's no student in the hallways.. Is this some kind of a joke?

 

 

 

And as she was rounding the corner, she bumped on someone. She immediately bowed down and apologized. But she was startled when the guy started singing.

 

 

Sometimes I wonder

How I'd ever make it through,

Through this world without having you

I just wouldn't have a clue

 

 

 

 

“Omo...” she, then gasped when the guy handed her a single- stemmed red rose. Dara immediately shook her head while shaking her hands. “You have the wrong girl,” she said then ran away from the guy.

 

 

 

When she was about a meter away from the guy, she dared look back. And when she did, she immediately turned around, seeing how the guy is looking at her direction with a smile on his face.

 

 

 

And as soon as she took the first step, she bumped onto someone again. She groaned and adjusted her eyeglasses before looking up at who is it this time.

 

 

 

Cause sometimes it seems

Like this world's closing in on me,

And there's no breaking free

And then I see you reach for me

 

 

 

The guy sang, offering her the same flower that the first one offered her. But she shook her head, still not believing that this is happening to her. “You really have the wrong girl, mister. Excuse me,” she excused herself and ran towards the library.

 

 

 

As soon as she was seated in her usual spot in the farthest corner in the library, she puffed a sigh of relief. What a weird day she has, she thought. She adjusted her eyeglasses once more then pulled out her physics book from her bag.

 

 

 

But when she looked up, a guy is standing in front of her, holding a flower just like what the other two was trying to give her. Is this really happening? She asked herself as she looked disbelieving at the guy. “I’m sorry, but you really have the wrong girl. I’m Sandara Park. No one knows me in this school,” she said, telling the guy that her existence in the school has really no importance at all.

 

 

But the guy only shook his head and smiled at her. He, then, placed the rose atop her desk before he started singing.

 

 

Sometimes I wanna give up

I wanna give in,

I wanna quit the fight

And then I see you, baby

And everything's alright,

Everything's alright

 

 

After singing, the guy left her with a smile on his face. She was, on the other hand, confused as hell as to why guys keeps on popping out of nowhere and starts singing her favorite song and giving her a rose. She just finds it weird that some guys can mistaken her for someone when she looks like her nerdy self.

 

 

She shook her head as she opened her physics book. She quickly glanced at the rose silently lying atop the desk but she turned away immediately, telling herself that it was really not meant for her. But why does she feels so giddy whenever she will catch a glimpse of the rose. It’s like it is really meant for her.

 

 

Dara wanted to laugh at her own self with the train of thought she’s having. She shook the thoughts away and started burying herself on studying. And after three minutes, Dara was so immersed in her book that she was startled when a bouquet of flowers was placed on top of her book. She was ready to tell off whoever placed the flower on top of her book, but when she looked up, what she saw made her tongue be tangled inside .

 

 

There he was, Kwon Jiyong, standing in front of her.. Smiling the kind of smile he had when they first talked. And somehow, Dara’s heart started beating faster than its normal pace by just seeing his mere appearance. A smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she stared at him.

 

 

When I see you smile

I can face the world, oh oh,

You know I can do anything

When I see you smile

I see a ray of light, oh oh,

I see it shining right through the rain

When I see you smile

Oh yeah, baby when I see you smile at me

 

 

“Hey,” Jiyong greeted her as soon as he was finished with his singing saga. Though they were in the farthest corner of the library, students still managed to take a look on what’s happening and tried to see  why, in the miracle of all miracles, is Kwon Jiyong inside the boring and dull library.

 

 

“Hey yourself,” she replied as she rolled her eyes at him. Then, she allowed herself to take a glance on the bouquet of flowers silently sitting on top of her book. Her breath got caught up in as her gaze lingers on the flowers, it was so beautifully arranged that she fought the urge to gather it in her arms and smell the fragrance of the flowers.

 

 

“Yah,” he silently shouted, glaring at her with a playful smile on his lips. “Why didn’t you take the flowers those guys are giving you?” he asked.

 

 

“Why would I take them?” she asked innocently as she buried her head on the book she was previously reading, the bouquet of roses was set aside.

 

 

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows seeing her being nonchalant about all this. Starting to feel irritated that his plan is starting to fail, he immediately took the bouquet of flowers and offered it at her. “Take this.. This is for you,” he said then smiled his gorgeous smile.

 

 

“Yah, Kwon Jiyong.. Have you forgotten that I’m Sandara Park? I’m not somebody else, and can you please tell those guys that they really mistook me for someone else,” she said without glancing at him.

 

 

“YAH!” Jiyong exclaimed, irritated now. How could this nerdy girl be the downfall of his great plan, huh? He needs to make her say ‘yes’ to him so he could win the bet he had with his friends. He will not allow himself to be the loser on that bet.

 

 

 

“This scandalous man!” Dara hissed through her teeth as she roamed her eyes around the library, seeing that all eyes are on them. Even the librarian on the counter is giving them heated stares through her glasses. “Stop shouting. This is the library,” she said.

 

 

“Accept this flowers and I’ll stop shouting,” he dared her. He knows for sure that Dara will accept everything he says just to make him stop throwing his tantrums. And now, a brilliant thought crossed his mind. He knows no what to say and what buttons to pushed so she will agree to him.

 

 

Dara glared at the man standing in front of her as she took the flowers in his arms. She thought he will leave her in peace once she accepted the flowers, but she was so wrong. His wicked smile says that he still has something up on his sleeves. And Dara groaned to the idea and thought to herself why the school’s prince is fussing about her nerdy self when he can play with the school’s s.

 

 

“What now?” she hissed.

 

 

“Be my girlfriend,” he said.

 

 

“WHAT?” she spat.

 

 

“Be my girlfriend,” he repeated.

 

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” she laughed a nervous laugh, her heart doing sommer-saults inside her chest that made it hard for her to breathe.

 

 

“I’m not kidding, babe,” he, then, winked at her that made it harder for her to breathe.

 

 

“I’m Sandara Park,” she said with eyes wide. “I’m the school’s nerd..”

 

 

“So?” he asked her with an innocent glint in his eyes as he tilted his head on the side. She just looked at him as if he was something she doesn’t understand, as if he was a drop of blood she needed to examine under the microscope.

 

 

“Yah,” she gained back her composure as she rolled her eyes at him, letting herself believe that it was this was one of his silly games. That it’s not really true that he is asking her to be his girlfriend.. And it’s really impossible, isn’t it? The school prince asking the school nerd to be his girlfriend. It’s a big joke, right? “If this is one of your games, stop it now..”

 

 

“Who said I’m playing?” he asked, seriousness written all over his face.

 

 

Dara did not bulge, instead, she shifted her eyes uncomfortably on her book and pretended to concertrate on her studying. But the truth is, all she ever wanted to do is to stand up and face him, say ‘yes’ to him, hug him and maybe she could kiss him… Just by the thought of his lips touching hers sends shiver down her spine and her muscles became all tingly. The heartbeat of her heart is that of the same as the fluttering of a bird’s wings.

 

 

“Please, Dara?” Jiyong pleaded, his eyes staring directly at her. “Be my girlfriend..”

 

 

Dara sighed in defeat.. She slumped her shoulders back as she rolled her eyes.. Even if she wanted to, she can never ignore her growing feelings for him, right? She can never hide the fact, that somehow, that careless, popular boy snuck inside the world of her own and shook it with his mere existence.

 

 

She drew a deep breath as she closed her eyes. And when she opened them, she saw him staring at her with his tantalizing deep brown orbs.

 

 

“Yes,” she breathed out and smiled at him.

 

 

Jiyong smiled triumphantly as he pulled the nerd for a hug. He knows for sure that he already won with the bet he made with his friends, he is sure that Dara will willingly give him her ity. He just have to act sweet towards her and say sweet things to her, besides Dara is so gullible that she believes in everything he says. She’s an idiot after all..

 

 

 What Dara doesn’t know is that she fell for Kwon Jiyong’s trap and there’s no way she can escape. She’s  bound to have her heart broken by the school’s most notorious playboy.

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

How was it?

It's cliche, neh?

But there's twist in it as the story goes on.... 

kkkkkk ^___^