Flight

Your 'not-so' Typical Love Story

DARA

 

 

 

 

"Bom, we're going to be late!" I shouted from across my room, so that my sister, who happens to be just a wall away from me, could hear. I went to my closet and picked an armful of clothes and stuffed them inside my luggage, not even minding to fold them. I was being my lazy self last night and went straight to bed after having a dinner with Bom and appa. And then, when I woke up I only had two hours to pack my clothes and prepare and go to the airport. So yeah, I'm kind of in a hurry right now. 

 

 

"It's your fault!" Bom shouted back at me and from the way her voice sounds so breathless, I can guess that she's urgently packing her clothes as well. "You didn't wake up early and woke me," she added. I scowled at no one in particular as I went to the my bathroom and picked my toiletries. I immediately stuffed the small duffle bag on top of my clothes and closed my luggage, zipping it. 

 

 

"Hurry, Bom!" I screamed back. I think the maids downstairs are wondering why the hell me and my sister is shouting at each other.. Well, I couldn't care less about what they think of us right now. All I care is me and Bom making it to the airport on time. Being late is just so unprofessional. So unlike me and Bom. 

 

 

I took one last, quick glance at my luggage, that looks like it's going to burst with the way I put my things in there. I mentally recalled the things I stuffed in there and thought if I forgot something. And when I was sure that I haven't forgotten something, I continued my way to the bathroom. And when I was in the middle of my tub and ready to take a quick shower, I suddenly remembered that I have packed my toiletries already and is sitting silently on my luggage now. URGH! So much of me being in a hurry. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey," I looked up from my phone and smiled seeing Donghae walking towards me and Bom. We were on the passenger's waiting area and just waiting for our plane to board. And yes, thank God Bom and I made it on time. I motioned for him to seat beside me and smiled as I pointed at SpongeBob who is sitting by my side. 

 

 

"You're bringing him in Jeju? Are you sure?" Donghae asked as soon as he got to me. He looked at the life-sized stuffed toy lying quitely on my side as I happily nodded my head. 

 

 

"Why? What's wrong with bringing him?" I asked innocently.

 

 

"Nothing.." Donghae snickered as he lifted Spongebob and sat at beside then settled the stuffed toy on his lap. He toyed with Spongebob's lifeless hands as I busied myself on the phone again. Bom, who was sitting on the other side of me, kept on nudging my arm and pointing her lips towards Spongebob and Donghae. I can see that she has a teasing glint on her eyes that I can read what she was thinking. I groaned softly as I shook my head at Bom. 

 

 

"Hi, guys...." a man's voice, who's familiar in my ears, approached us. I bowed down my head and remained looking at the ground as if it is the most interesting thing man has ever made. I felt Bom stood up from her seat as she greeted the man who just arrived. I can see from my peripheral vision that Donghae was looking quizzically at me as he glanced on the ground. I just ignored him and continued my staring at the ground. 

 

 

"Hey, man.. I haven't seen you in days.. Where have you been?" I head Donghae asked. 

 

 

"I just settled a business somewhere.." Jaejoong's voice rang clearly inside my head, making me want to look up but held myself. 

 

 

"Hi Dara.." he greeted me. I hesitantly looked up at him and forced a smiled. Then I returned my gaze back at the ground and I reached for Spongebob. Then I ignored them, especially Jaejoong. I fiddled with Spongebob's fingers while my other hand in fiddling with my phone.

 

 

Why is our flight taking so long to board, eh? I asked impatiently inside my head. And I just remembered, there's still someone missing from our group. I mean, two of  our business partners are here, so one is still missing.. Who could that be, eh? Whoever he may be, he's really so unprofessional because he's almost an hour late now. 

 

 

I sighed in relief and happiness when I head someone over the speakers calling for our flight number. I stood up from my seat with SpongeBob in my hands as I walked ahead of them. Not really wanting to have that chance of me walking beside Jaejoong. I was near the gate that will led us to the plane when I heard Bom and the guys talking to someone. I slowed down my pace, without turning, and listened to what they are talking about. 

 

 

"It's a good thing you caught up. We're boarding now," Donghae said. I guessed that other business partner arrived already, neh? Well, lucky him he arrived just on time. 

 

 

"Yes.. It's a good thing you caught up, Jiyong.." Jaejoong said. 

 

 

Wait. Did he just said J-Jiyong? I stopped my tracks and slowly, really slowly turned around while praying that it's not the same Jiyong I'm thinking about. There's so many Jiyong in Korea, right? And when I saw him, there walking with Bom and the guys, I inwardly groan. Indeed it was Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong. The same man  I never wanted to ever see again yet fate decided against it. Why is this happening to me? Jaejoong will be in Jeju with us.. Then there's also Jiyong. How can I survive a whole month in Jeju? Someone, please tell me. Good thing Donghae is there. At least I don't have any ugly past with him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Bom, why are you there? You're supposed to sit here with me," Dara said as she stood in front of the seat she's assigned to and looked incredulously at her sister who's already comfortably seated behind her seat. Bom looked up from her corn and to her sister and saw that Dara is looking at her with her eyebrows furrowed. 

 

 

"I don't know. My ticket said I'm supposed to sit here.." Bom shrugged her shoulders and continued munching deliciously at her favorite food. Donghae, who was sitting beside Bom, was looking at both sisters to and fro. And he smiled a little when he saw Dara mumbled something incoherently as she struggled to put her things on the compartment. Donghae stood up from his seat and helped Dara with her things. 

 

 

"Thanks, Donghae.." Dara said then smiled sweetly at Donghae then proceeded to sit on her designated seat. And when she was already seated, she can't help but to feel uneasy knowing that it's either Jiyong or Jaejoong who will be seated beside her because apparently, Donghae is already seated beside Bom. And at the back of Dara's mind, she hoped it was Jaejoong. Oh, but she hoped it was neither of the two. 

 

 

"Hey," Jiyong's voice ran inside Dara's head as the latter put his things on the compartment. He briefly glanced at Bom and Donghae and nodded at them before settling himself beside Dara who's hugging Spongebob tight in her chest. Jiyong looked disbelieving at her then to Spongebob when something clicked inside his head.

 

 

“Omo! Look! It’s spongebob!” Dara exclaimed excitedly as she continuously point at the store where they sell that weird looking yellow sponge. Jiyong groaned in annoyance as he let Dara drag him to the store. They were already bumping so many people due to her excitement but he guess she doesn’t care.

 

 

“Uhm, excuse me…. How much is that SpongeBob?” Dara asked one of the saleslady as she pointed to the, probably, the largest SpongeBob stuffed toy Jiyong ever saw.

 

 

"What?" Dara snapped him out of his reverie as she looked at Jiyong as if he had done something wrong. Well, he partly did because he was staring at her way too long and it is making her uncomfortable. 

 

 

"Nothing," Jiyong shook his head and the thought away. "It's just a coincidence," he thought to himself. But something inside Jiyong's mind says that it's not a coincidence at all. And it's making him uneasy. 

 

 

"Omo," Dara softly exclaimed when the plane started moving. She grabbed the divider between her and Jiyong while she choked on Spongebob's neck with her other hand. She trying very hard to put up a strong facade and she hopes that Jiyong won't notice her fear of flying. She closed her eyes tightly and wished for their flight to be smooth and easy. She was counting from 1 to 3 to steady her breathing when she felt something on her hands that is holding the divider. 

 

 

She slightly opened her eyes and looked at her hand. What she saw made her heart stopped beating. There, she saw on top of her hands was Jiyong's hand, tightly holding hers. She glanced at Jiyong and saw that he was smiling at her. She glanced at their hands once more and she was immediately reminded of the past. With constricted heart, she curled her fingers and took her hand away from his and settled it atop her lap. 

 

 

"Aero phobia?" Jiyong asked softly, as hint of worry can be heard from his voice. And this makes Dara even more furious at him. How dare he sound like he's worried for her? 

 

 

"Why do you care?!" Dara snapped as she glared at Jiyong. And the latter was taken aback with Dara's reaction. 

 

 

"Whoa," Jiyong amusingly exclaimed as he put his palms up as if in surrender. Then he studied Dara's face and furrowed his eyebrows when he saw a hint of fear dancing on her brown orbs. And right then and there, he knows that she has an aero phobia. Jiyong sighed as he slowly offered his hand at her. Dara just looked at him like he's an alien and it was the first time she saw something like him. 

 

 

"Don't worry.. No malice involved. Your eyes are practically screaming because of fear and I want just to help. So, why don't you take my hand then close your eyes. I promise I'll help you to calm yourself. After the flight, you can let go of my hand, and I promise I'll let go," Jiyong offfered, his eyes luring her to take that risk and hold his hand.

 

 

Dara bit her lower lip as she contemplated if she will accept her offer. Her inner self intensely shook her head and said that holding his hand is equal to insanity, so with that, she ignored him and just looked the other way. She closed her eyes tightly and cursed who ever arranged their ticket because it was Bom who's supposed to be sitting beside her. And if Bom if beside her, she won't ever hesitate to cling to her sister even if the latter would be screaming at her because of her nails digging her skin. 

 

 

Dara sighed in relief when she felt the plane go on a smooth journey. But her relief was short lived when the plane suddenly jolted because of turbulence. She let out a soft yelp and unconsciously grabbed the hand on the person sitting beside her. She doesn't care who's hand she's holding right now. She clutched on Jiyong's hands as she tightly closed her eyes, Spongebob was all forgotten now and is sitting quietly on Dara's lap. 

 

 

Jiyong glanced at the woman beside him and smiled a little seeing her holding his hands, tightly at that as if her life is depending on it. He softly enclosed his hands and held her hands, then his eyes widens when he felt something ran down his spines. He felt electricity run through their connected hands that made him shiver a bit.  He felt something...... something he cannot explain. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, Dara....." Jiyong shook the sleeping girl slightly. He smiled some more seeing that Dara's head was leaning on his shoulders while their hands are still conected. He squeezed it a little and brushed the strands of hair that covers her face with his free hands. She's really beautiful, he thought. 

 

 

"Hmmmmm.." Dara stirred in her sleep as she slowly opened her eyes. She was thankful to herself that she managed to take a nap during the whole flight. She rubbed her hands on her eyes and looked at the window. Well, what else could she see aside from clouds, right? And then she noticed something...... She leaning on someone's shoulder. And her hands.. She looked down on her hands and saw that she was holding someone's hand. When she remembered that it was Jiyong who was beside her and she grabbed his hand when the plane suddenly jolted, her eyes widened.

 

 

She immediately took her hands away from his hold and straightened in her seat. She clutched onto Spongebob once more, and looked at the window once more.

 

 

"Are you okay now?" Jiyong asked in his most gentle voice that could melt every woman's heart in the world. Dara cleared and just simply nodded her head. Not even looking at him. Jiyong just shrugged his shoulders and smiled knowing that she feels alright now. Jiyong buckled his seat belt when the voice of a flight attendant said that they'll be landing shortly. While Dara fumbled through her seatbelt with uneasiness. 

 

 

She was rather being cold to the guy when all he does and helped her. If she continued being so uptight whenever Jiyong would do something unusual for her, like hold her hand or something like that, she was sure that he'll notice that something is wrong. And then later on, he will find out what she was meaning to hide from him.

 

 

"Are you really okay now, Dara?" Jiyong asked once more, worry lacing his voice. Dara took a deep breath before she slowly lifted her head. Their eyes met and Jiyong had to remind himself how to breathe. Dara was juts beautiful beyond words even if she wore no make-up. 

 

 

"Yes," Dara whispered but Jiyong heard it. Dara wanted to look somewhere else but she just couldn't find the strength to do so. She wanted to look away before she  completely drowned in the deepness of his brown orbs, but there's some unknown energy pulling her to him. They were looking at each other's eyes, world outside them completely forgotten. They were just staring at each other, drowning. 

 

 

But Jiyong has to pull away from their staring escapade. He just have to look away. Because a second more seeing those tantalizing eyes of hers, he knew that he cannot help himself but too bury his lips on hers and taste her. The urge to kiss her was so strong that it made him somewhat weak. He doesn't know why he looked away. He could've just held her neck and kissed her right then and there, but there's something inside him that says it's not the right thing to do. Yet. 

 

 

Jiyong cleared to clear the awkwardness floating around them. He then glanced briefly at her and smiled before looking the other way. 

 

 

"Jiyong?" Dara called out. 

 

 

"Hmmmm?" he looked at her once more.

 

 

"Thank you," she whispered with a small smile on her face. Then she turned her head around, not waiting for what Jiyong will have to say. 

 

 

Jiyong bent his head down as he brushed his hair with his fingers. His teeth bitting his lower lip to prevent the giddy smile wanting to form on his lips. But he failed, because whether he wants it or not, the giddy smile he prevented formed on his lips, making him look like a teenager with his crush sitting beside him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

OMOOOOOO! DG MOMENTSSSS~~

URGH.. MIANHE GUYS IF I PUT A LITTLE MOMENT OF THEM HERE..

I'M JUST SO DARAGON DEPRIVED.. T______T

HULLLLL~~ 

 

THEY'RE NOW IN JEJU... 

DARA, JIYONG, DONGHAE, JAEJOONG.. /insert evil laugh here/

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN?

JEALOUSY! MUAHAHAHAH~~

AND OHHHH,

WHO WANTS TO KNOW DARA AND JAEJOONG'S PASSSSST?~~~~

WHO? WHO? WHO? WHOOOOOOOOOO? kkkkkkk

 

 

 

 

YAH! Leave comments juseyoooo~~ /sigh/

Why aren't you guys leaving me looooong comments? 

I want to read loooooong comments. LOL.. 

'Till my next update, chingus!

I SARANG YAH ALL!~~ <3 /kiss/