Chase

Your 'not-so' Typical Love Story

cr. to lovesjiyong for the banner <3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Seunghyun hyung!” Seunghyun turned around with his eyebrows furrowed only to see Jiyong running towards him.

 

 

“What?” Seunghyun snapped when the younger guy got to him. Jiyong looked like he ran a marathon. His hair was disheveled, he was panting, trying to catch his breath.

 

 

“You need to help me, hyung,” Jiyong said, his eyes and voice pleading to the older guy in front of him.

 

 

“Help you with what?” Seunghyun asked, a little bit confused on what Jiyong was talking about.

 

 

“You need to help me get to Dara.. You know where Bom noona is and I’m sure Dara’s with her,” Jiyong said, and he almost kneeled in front of Seunghyun just so the older guy could help the desperate Jiyong.

 

 

Seunghyun scoffed and smiled sadly at his friend. He wanted to help him, he really wants to. But what can he do? Even his relationship with Bom is falling apart because of the stupid bet they did when they were still young.

 

 

If only he knew that that bet would mess their lives, he would probably decline. But he wasn’t a fortune teller nor could he see the future for him to know that one playfulness would cause their lives to be in such a deep mess that even his love life is at stake.

 

 

“I really want to help you, Jiyong. But let me fix my relationship first,” Seunghyun said then he heaved a deep sigh and stood up from where he was sitting. He then tapped Jiyong’s shoulder and smiled a little at him before leaving him standing there.

 

 

Jiyong just stood there, with his gaze following his hyung’s retreating back. He understands Seunghyun. Because right now, Jiyong knows that everything does not matter to Seunghyun but Bom. Jiyong knows that Seunghyun is desperate to have Bom back in his life.

 

 

Jiyong racked his brain, trying to form plans on how he would get to Dara. All he knows is that she and Bom is staying in California, but where in California? He asked himself. And then a sudden thought entered his mind which gave him a little hope.

 

 

He fished out his phone from his pocket and scrolled through his phonebook. And when he saw the name he is intending to call, he immediately tapped the call button and placed his phone near his ear. He then waited for the other line to pick up.

 

 

“Oppa?” His littled sister, Chaerin, greeted after three rings.

 

 

“Chaerin!” Jiyong exclaimed. “What is the exact address of Dara in California?” he asked straightforwardly, making the girl on the other line be confused as to what her oppa is planning to do.

 

 

“Why, oppa?” Chaerin asked, hesitating to tell his brother her Dara unnie’s address. Not because she doesn’t want to help her oppa but because she had come to accept the fact that her Dara unnie would never forgive her brother. And her wish of her oppa and her Dara unnie being together is not going to happen.

 

 

“I just need it, Chaerin.. Please,” Jiyong said, his voice lacing with desperation as he prayed to the gods to have the favors in his hands. “Please,” he added.

 

 

Chaerin, hearing her brother plead so desperately, can’t help but to sigh in resignation. “Okay, oppa..” she said slowly then recited the complete address of their house in California.

 

 

“Thank you, Chaerin. Thank you,” Jiyong mumbled gratefully with a smile on his lips. “I owe you one,” he added and was about to end the call only to be stopped when Chaerin called his name.

 

 

“Oppa?”

 

 

“Hmmmmm?”

 

 

“If you’re going to go after Dara unnie, please don’t hurt her again,” Chaerin said solemnly, her eyes shining with unshed tears.

 

 

“I won’t hurt her again, Chaerin.. I love her too much to hurt her again,” Jiyong said quickly then big goodbye to his sister on the other line. Then hanged up the call leaving Chaerin wide-eyed with what she just heard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara sighed and glanced at the boxes which held her belongings. She was done packing her things and all that is left to do now is wait for the time. She stood up from the floor then sighed again. She walked towards her bed and sat at the edge, with her eyes roaming sadly around her room.

 

 

She picked up the plane ticket on her side and smiled sadly. In just short hours, she will be in a plane going somewhere far from here. Somewhere she can really start her life anew. Somewhere where she can totally move on from her past.

 

 

She needed this, Dara acknowledge. She thought that she was over him. But then her heart proved her wrong. She thought she could just easily shrug away the feelings she felt for him but she was wrong. Whatever she did, it was still there. Her love for that man, Kwon Jiyong.

 

 

 

But this time, Dara is making sure that everything she feels for him will be gone. She swear to herself that she will kill all the love she feels for him. Because Bom was right.. If Jiyong can’t realize her worth, then he is not deserving of her.

 

 

 

 For the last time, she allowed herself to think of him. For the last time, she is allowing herself to love him like she always did.

 

 

She picked up the sole picture she had of him. She doesn’t know why she kept it all these years but now she knows the reason. It’s because she hadn’t stopped loving him.

 

 

Dara ran her fingers softly on his smiling face, the side of her lips curled into a sad smile as well. “Jiyong,” she said softly. “It’s time for me to really move on,” she then wiped the tear that escaped her left eye before sighing.

 

 

She took one last glance at the photo in her hands before she stood up from her bed and walked towards her fireplace. And without second thoughts, she threw Jiyong’s photo at the fire where it burned to ashes in second’s time. And right then and there, Dara wished she could just easily throw her feelings into the fire as well, so it would burn into ashes in no time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara, it’s time to go,” Bom called for her from across the living room.

 

 

“Okay,” Dara answered back, then she tore her gaze away from the fire and started collecting her hand bag and luggages. She then took one last look at her room before walking out of it.

 

 

She dragged her luggages towards the living room and waited for the doorman to help them with their luggages. Dara thought she forgot something so she kneeled infront one of her luggage and started checking is she got everything she needs.

 

 

“Dara, com—“ Bom stopped in her tracks when she caught a sight of the man standing in their doorstep.

 

 

Dara, hearing her sister, zipped up her luggage and stood up. She ironed her clothes using her hand then she looked up only to gasp softly seeing who was there on their doorstep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I ran and ran and ran, afraid that I might be too late. I know Dara won’t go anywhere but I just have a feeling that I should hurry up. I sped up, not caring of the people looking at me like I have lost my mind or something. All that matters right now is that I need to get to Dara, and fast!

 

 

I huffed and puffed deep breaths as I continued to run towards the exit. With just a paper in my hands, I hurriedly waved my hands to get a taxi but there seems to be thousands of people that decided to have a vacation in California, leaving all the cabs occupied.

 

 

“Damn,” I cursed in annoyance when I was running to get this cab when a young woman beat me to it.

 

 

I was starting to feel really really desperate. So I looked around and sighed in relief when I spotted the airport’s rent-a-car service. I padded my way towards the information desk and inquired if there’s any available car I could use. And thankfully, the attendant told me that there’s still one car that is left unrented.

 

 

I quickly fished out my credit card in my wallet and paid for whatever the amount is. And I almost jumped inside the car when it arrived seconds later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think I broke many traffic laws with the way I drove to where Dara and Bom’s house (with the help of GPS of course) but I don’t really care. I stepped on the gas once more, to gain speed again as I neared their house and I smiled in satisfaction seeing the building Chaerin had described to me before I hopped on the plane going to California.

 

 

I stepped on the brake and I was almost thrown out of the car if not for the safety belt tucked on me. I clumsily unbuckled the belt and flew out of the driver’s door in a moment’s time and ran towards the door as if my is on fire.

 

 

I stopped for a moment, steadied my breath and combed my hair using my fingers. Then I straightened my clothes and checked my appearance on the partial glass on the door. I smiled softly seeing that I looked presentable enough to face Dara.

 

 

Then I heaved a deep breath and calmed my nerves. Then I reached out for the door knob then turned it, and smiled when the door opened. I let myself in as I roamed my eyes around their living room.

 

 

I was about to take further steps that would lead me into the house when I spotted someone in front of me. I stopped dead on my tracks and smiled nervously.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

double update <3

/runssssss/