Rings

Fake Flower

 

Sora and Leeteuk entered into a fine jewellery store. Sora was amazed by the glory. This sure wasn’t a cheap one. The owner saw them and quickly came to them with a big fake smile on her face.

“Hello dear customers, how can I-” she stopped her sentence when she looked at Leeteuk. “Omo! You are mr. Park Leeteuk!” she shouted.

Leeteuk nodded. “Yes I am. I’m here with my fiancée and we would like to buy our engagement and wedding rings,” he said. He saw how Sora grinned while he said fincée.

Sora got an idea. Since Leeteuk had just embarrassed her, she is going to get it back at him. “But oppa~” she tried to look as cute as possible. “Why didn’t you buy one before you asked me to marry you? I thought you had a ring already. How can you do this? I’m sad,” she pouted and sounded like a ten year old.

The store owner looked at Leeteuk. She was clearly on Sora’s side.

Leeteuk was taken aback. He wasn’t expecting this. Nice move Sora.

“Sure I thought that I would buy you a ring, but then I thought that I could never choose something that you would like. I want you to love it from bottom of your heart so I thought it would be best if you chose it. I’m sorry princess, I didn’t know you wanted me to buy it,” he pouted a little bit and tried to look sad.

“Oh! You have a wonderful fiancé miss Sora!” the owner clapped her hands.

Sora bit her lower lip. “Okay, you won this round ahjussi, but the game is not over yet.”

Leeteuk smirked. “In your face Sora!”

They didn’t need to say those words out loud. They knew only by watching each others face what the other one was thinking. And no, that’s not because they love each other or care each other. They just were so similar.

“So what kind of ring are you looking for? Probably something big and fancy?” the owner asked.

“And probably something extremely expensive,” Leeteuk added in his mind.

“Maybe something like this?”

The owner showed them a silver ring, with a big diamond on it. Leeteuk turned his nose up at the ring. It was way too big and too sparkly. He was about to open his mouth, but Sora was faster.

“No. That’s not what I want. I don’t want anything fancy or sparkly. Nothing too much. I like simple. The ring represents our love and it doesn’t mean that it has to be big. A simple one is okay. I know that he loves me and that’s all I need. I don’t need some big gummy bear diamond to tell it. The ring itself tells already that we love each others and want to spend the rest of our lives with each others,” Sora said with serious face.

Leeteuk was amazed and dumbfounded. Was Sora just saying this or was she actually serious? She did seem to be pretty serious.

The owner blushed. “Of course. Just a second, I’ll show you all the rings we have,” she said quickly and left.

“What was that?” Leeteuk asked.

“Don’t think that I was talking about you. You may laugh at me, but that’s actually what I believe. I don’t need big and expensive ring to tell me that my husband loves me. I like it simple,” Sora said.

“So here are all the engagement rings and the wedding rings. Hope you like them,” the owner interrupt them.

There were at least 100 rings. Leeteuk felt like he was turning blind. Way too much sparkle. Good thing he didn’t have to choose.

“This will probably take fore-” his thoughts were cut by Sora’s voice.

“Found it!” she said happily.

Leeteuk’s eyes widened. “Already?”

“Yup. Here’s the engagement ring,” Sora showed the golden one. “And here’s the wedding ring,” the other one was white gold and gold.

Leeteuk had to admit that they were really beautiful. Sora sure had a good eye.

“Okay, now time for a little fun,” he thought and smirked.

Leeteuk wrapped his arms around Sora and kissed her head. Sora froze and was taken aback. What the hell is he doing? She wasn’t sure what to do. She was so uncomfortable.

“Waa~ my princess is so good. They are beautiful honey,” Leeteuk said with a soft voice.

“Aaw~ your fincé is so sweet,” the owner said and almost teared.

Sora grinned. “So that’s what you’re doing. You and your stupid public image. You know where you can stuff your-”

“Why don’t we put them on right now?” Leeteuk asked and grinned evilly.

“Great! I’ll go get the right sizes for you. You can go pay them there mr. Park,” the owner said and left again.

After she was gone, Sora quickly pulled herself away from Leeteuk.

YAH! You sure are having fun, aren’t you?” she asked angrily.

“Oh darling, you are just a bit shy, that’s all,” Leeteuk smirked.

Sora rolled her eyes. “Just go pay those stupid rings.”

“And here you go,” the owner was back again. “Try this one,” she gave the ring to Sora. Sora tried it and it fitted perfectly. “It’s so beautiful!” the owner said.

Sora just nodded. The ring actually was beautiful. Well why would she pick something ugly? But when she thought about the man who was wearing the same one, she wanted to puke. Sora was still looking at the ring when she suddenly felt someone touching her arm. She looked at Leeteuk.

“Let’s go honey,” he sounded sugary.

Leeteuk took Sora’s hand and guided her out. They walked for awhile in total silence and still holding their hands. When they couldn’t see the jewellery store anymore, Sora quickly stopped and pulled her hand away. She started to pull her ring out, but it didn’t move. Leeteuk laughed.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m taking this thing off. Hell no I’m going to walk around wearing this,” Sora said.

“Having trouble?”

“This stupid thing won’t loosen!” Sora cursed and tried to get the ring off.

Leeteuk laughed. “Why didn’t you take bigger size then?”

“Hey! My fingers aren’t that fat! And besides it was just fine two minutes ago. There’s something wrong with this ring,” she tried to pull it, but the ring didn’t move.

Leeteuk was having so much fun watching the battle between Sora and the engagement ring.

“Why don’t you just leave it there like normal people? If you keep doing that you will hurt yourself.”

“Well normal people want to have this kind of golden junk in their fingers since they love that person they are marrying,” Sora muttered. She was already losing her temper.

“Here, let me help you,” Leeteuk finally said.

Sora wasn’t sure if he was serious or not. “And why would you help me?”

“Because if I don’t, eventually you will punch me for no reason and if you are wearing that, it will hurt much more,” Leeteuk said. And yeah he was serious.

“Fine,” Sora gave her finger to him.

Leeteuk touched her finger gently. “You have to roll it so it will loosen up. Your fingers are also pretty swollen. It will help if you put them into something cold,” he said while rolling the ring.

It started to move a little bit and finally Leeteuk was able to take it off. He smirked.

“And now you are free. Just remember to wear it every time you go out. We don’t want the media to know.”

“Sora-yah! Hyung!” someone shouted suddenly.

Sora and Leeteuk turned to see and saw Kyuhyun walking to them. Leeteuk saw how Sora started to smile happily and it looked like she was going to fly. She was so happy. What? Is she like this when Kyuhyun’s around? Leeteuk raised his eyebrow.

“Oppaaa!” Sora said happily and jumped to Kyuhyun.

She hugged him tightly and didn’t let go even though people were looking at.

“Hi Sora. So what are you guys doing here?” Kyuhyun finally pushed her away.

“We were buying our wedding rings,” Leeteuk said. Once again he was uncomfortable with this situation.

“Aa! I see. But hey it’s nice to see you again Sora,” Kyuhyun smiled at Sora.

“But oppa you didn’t call me even though you promised you would,” Sora pouted hardly.

“And here’s again that 5 years old Sora,” Leeteuk rolled his eyes. “And besides, it has been what... 3 or 4 days. You miss him already? Wait, what? When did those two even exchanged phone numbers?”

“I’m sorry Sora. I have been so busy with work lately. There’s this pretty big thing going on in United States. But I’m free now! Oh but you two are probably on a date right now. I shouldn’t be bothering you. I’m sorry, I’ll be leaving,” Kyuhyun was already making his leave, but then Sora stopped him.

“No! That’s okay! We have already bought the rings, so there’s no reason for us to spend more time with each others. I’m free now!” Sora said quickly.

“Really? Is it okay with you hyung?”

Leeteuk wanted to say no, only because he knew that Sora would be so mad at him. But then again she would be so mad and Leeteuk didn’t want to risk his life. It also made him again feel very uncomfortable, when he saw how close Sora and Kyuhyun were.

“Yeah sure. Do what you want,” he said lazily and tried to sound cool.

“Okay great! Let’s go oppa!” Sora grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand and pulled him with her.

“And bye bye to you too Sora,” Leeteuk grinned.

***

“So why were you guys here anyway?” Kyuhyun asked.

They were sitting in a coffee shop and chatting freely.

“Didn’t you heard me or have you just so bad memory?” Sora laughed.

“Probably the last one.”

“We were buying our wedding rings,” Sora said and tried not to grin.

“Oh right! So did you find them? Let me see! Let me see!” Kyuhyun looked like a 5 year old jumping in his chair.

“Calm down. Well I can’t show you the wedding rings yet, but I already have the engagement ring here,” Sora took it from her pocket and gave it to Kyuhyun.

“Waaa~ It’s so beautiful! You are so lucky Sora-yah,” he said.

“Oppa, you sound like a girl,” Sora giggled.

“Well excuse me, but I’m just so happy that my little princess is getting married.”

Kyuhyun looked the ring for a while and handed it back to Sora. Sora but it back to her pocket and hoped that she would never see it again.

Sora bit her lip. “Oppa.. You seem pretty happy about the fact that I’m marrying that stupid ahjussi,” Sora muttered. Kyuhyun’s reaction wasn’t what she wanted.

“Of course I am! You are marrying a man that I know and trust. I only want good things for you Sora. And hyung is a good guy. I know it,” he smiled brightly.

Sora felt like hitting the rock bottom. She wanted to start cry and yell at Kyuhyun. How can you say that oppa? Don’t you love me at all? This wasn’t what she wanted to hear. Not at all.

“But you know that I’m not happy...” Sora muttered. It wasn’t because of Leeteuk, but because of Kyuhyun.

“I know that right now you may feel that way, but I know that eventually you’ll like him. Who knows, maybe you’ll even love him.”

“And that day will come when cows can fly...” Sora muttered.

“We will see about that...” Kyuhyun winked.

Normally Sora would have shouted at him and hit him, but now she had no energy left. She just wanted to crawl into a hole and spend rest of her life there crying and sobbing. She couldn’t fall any lower. And the worst part was that Kyuhyun didn’t even seem to notice anything! He was just sitting there and smiling happily and he just kept talking about the wedding and stuff.

“But sure hyung is the luckiest man in the planet,” Kyuhyun sighed.

“What do you mean?”

“He’s going to marry the best girl of all time. I don’t think he even realised how lucky he is. I’m kind of jealous now,” Kyuhyun said.

Sora felt hope. “Why are you jealous oppa? And what do you mean by that?”

“Don’t play stupid Sora. Not cute at all. I’m jealous ‘cause he’s going to marry you Sora! He’s going to marry a girl that is actually on the same level as him. He has finally meet his match. I wish I could be able to meet a girl that would be like me...” Kyuhyun sighed again.

And again Sora was on the rock bottom. It felt like someone had just hit her with a hammer. She just wanted to sink on the ground.

“What do you mean that I’m at same level with that ahjussi?”

“It’s hard to explain.. But you will understand one day,” Kyuhyun winked.

Sora just nodded even though she knew that she would never understand it.

“I can’t wait to meet my soulmate. Maybe I meet her today or maybe tomorrow. Or what if I had already met her?” Kyuhyun was excited.

Sora had to do everything she can so that she wouldn’t start cry.

You have already met her and yet you can’t see her. Why can’t you see me?

 

And as I promised.. So the reason why double update. This was going to be only one chapter, but then I just kept writing and writing and it was way too long for one chapter. Hope you don't mind! But seriously. Are the chapters too long? Do I move too slowly? Please tell me what do you think! And another White day special: a short preview of the next chapter, hope you like it :)

 

“So Sora-sshi. When are we going to see babies?” Sora’s aunt asked.
Sora almost choked on her drink. She coughed for a while before answering: “I think it’s too soon for that, I still haven’t finished college. We will take things slowly,” she tried to say politely but only the idea of her and Leeteuk’s baby made her wanna throw up.
“That’s too bad,” her aunt said and started to talk to Sora’s mother.
“I won’t survive from this if I’m sober,” Sora said to Hyorin and took the champagne glass from her and finished it with one draught.
“I don’t think that’s a good idea Sora,” Hyorin said, but it was already too late.
Every time when a new guest came to congratulate and talk about marriage and stuff, Sora drank a new glass. Around midnight, she was already pretty drunk. It’s not like she started to throw up or falling down, but it was hard for her to talk with others and she started to feel really sleepy.