I'm sorry (part 2)

Fake Flower

 

Leeteuk chuckled. “But still Sora. I don’t understand why you even try to hide this. It’s not that bad and it still is a part of you, you wanted it or not. So why try to run away from it? Why not just accept it?” his voice had a serious tone now.

“Oh please! You think it’s that easy? You don’t know what you are talking about! I bet there’s nothing embarrassing from your past. You have always been mr. Special Perfect. Your name even tells that!” Sora blew a raspberry.

Leeteuk sighed. He thought (and also hoped) that this day would never come. “Jungsoo,” he muttered.

“What?”

“Park Jungsoo.”

“Say again ahjussi?”

“Park Jungsoo is my real name,” he sighed again.

“What do you mean? You are Park Leeteuk, right?”

“Not actually. My birthname is Jungsoo. Before I was born, my grandmother passed away. And her last wish was to name my father’s first child. And it was Jungsoo. So my parents wanted to respect my grandmother’s wish and they named me after Jungsoo. But they didn’t think that it was a good name for a future CEO of TS company. They wanted a name that everyone would remember. So they came up with a nickname, Leeteuk. And from the day one, I have been called as Leeteuk. No one knows about this, not even my relatives. I have always been Leeteuk, but in that hospital, the files say Park Jungsoo and that’s the only place where you can find that name,” Leeteuk took a deep breath after finishing his story.

Sora stayed quiet for a while.

“Park Jungsoo..? As that veteran actress?” she giggled. She couldn’t hold her laughter anymore and bursted out laughing.

“YA! Stop laughing!”

“So not only you have this weird gay aura around you, but you also have a woman’s name? Oh boy you really did born into wrong body didn’t you unni?” she grinned.

“Stop that!” Leeteuk shouted angrily. “But now you know something embarrassing about my past...” he muttered.

Sora clammed up and looked at Leeteuk. “Park Leeteuk... Park Jungsoo... It doesn’t matter which one you use - you will always be you,” she smiled sweetly.

Leeteuk was touched of Sora’s words. “Sora...”

“You will always be my ert ahjussi,” Sora grinned.

Leeteuk’s smile vanished. “YAH!” but he couldn’t get over the fact that Sora had just called him her ert ahjussi. That's right. I am yours.

Sora giggled. “But I like them both. And this makes me feel very special since I’m the only one who knows about it. Now I can blackmail you pretty easily,” she winked.

“But you are very special to me,” Leeteuk smiled a bit, but his smile soon vanished when he thought about their past. He sighed. He stood up and faced Sora since he thought that this should be done properly.

“Sora. I’m not saying that we are now even. I’m not even saying that you should forgive me. What I did back then was wrong. And the fact that I didn’t realised it until Ryeowook told me, was even worse. I wish I could take it all back, but I can’t. What I have said and done, can’t be undone. So all I can say now is that I’m really sorry Sora. I apologize what I have said and I hope that someday you could forgive me,” Leeteuk bowed again.

Sora stayed quiet for a long time. Leeteuk didn’t dare to look up. He was afraid to see her angry face. And also he was waiting for her to kick him or hit him or something.

Finally Sora sighed heavily. “You know... At some level I have already forgive you. We were both kids back then. You didn’t know what you were talking and I may have overreacted. And plus after my lifestyle change, I have been more self-confident than ever before,” she said.

Leeteuk looked up and saw no anger in her face. He smiled a bit.

“And didn't you say that I was the most beautiful girl you have ever seen? So I guess my revenge was successful,” Sora laughed sweetly.

That voice  was melody to Leeteuk’s ears. “You still are. And you will always be. And this time I really mean it,” Leeteuk smiled softly.

“Ugh. Way too cheesy ahjussi! I don't think I will ever get used to nice you,” Sora laughed again. She turned to look other way so that Leeteuk wouldn’t see her red face. Of course those words made Sora really happy. “But really. What you did when Kyuhyun left was really sweet of you. And you took care of me when I got drunk and that other time when I got drugged. Really, thank you,” she said softly and smiled to Leeteuk.

“You know sora, I didn't do it because I had to - okay maybe the first time, but the other times I did it because I wanted to help you and I didn't want to see your sad face. Tears don't suit to you. You are way more beautiful when you smile,” Leeteuk smiled softly.

Sora felt her cheeks getting hotter. How does he do that? For Pete's sake Sora! Get yourself together! “But don’t get me wrong! I’m still very angry at you and I still hate you, so don’t think that we are best buddies from now on or something like that,” she quickly said.

Leeteuk smiled and grabbed Sora’s hand. He pulled her up and hugged her and didn’t care how she tried to get off and how she hit his chest. “Thank you Sora. I promise, I’ll make you happy,” he whispered to her ear.

“Are we getting a divorce?”

“Haahaa, silly girl. What I meant was that I’m going to make you smile like in that photo. I’m going to make you like me,” Leeteuk smiled.

“Someone has a big dream...” Sora laughed. Babo, you have already done that... She didn’t want to admit it, but she was actually pretty happy, when she heard Leeteuk’s words.

“Trust me. One month and we are best friends, I promise. And who knows, maybe you will even fall for me?” Leeteuk winked. And god how much he wanted that to happen.

“And that’s the day when cows can fly,” Sora laughed. Oh Sora, maybe that day is coming sooner than you think... “Oh! And by the way! You are going to be killed by Shindong oppa. When he finds out that you know about this, he is going to kill you. You have no idea how much he wants to do it,” Sora smirked evilly.

Leeteuk shivered. “Do we have to tell him?”

“Well he’s going to find out eventually, but fine, I won’t say anything to him. Besides this is more fun. Now I have even more what to use to blackmail you, Jungsoo,” Sora winked and laughed.

Leeteuk groaned. “Ugh, I should have never said anything about my name.”

“Well too late for that now~,” Sora singsonged happily.

She didn’t know why, but she was feeling pretty good. It felt like a big rock had rolled over from her heart and it was now easier to smile. Maybe all she needed was to hear Leeteuk’s apologize. She didn’t need a big gesture from him to show that he was sorry. A simple I’m sorry was enough. And the fact that he actually had meant it made it even better. This time Sora was sure that Leeteuk was telling the truth. You could see it from his eyes that he meant it.

“But yeah... I guess I kind of forgive you,” she muttered and looked away. She was suddenly feeling really embarrassed.

Leeteuk’s face brightened up. “Really? But that still won’t stop me from making you smile again. Actually I’m going to start right now! The first thing to do to make you smile is to make you some evening snacks and how about a bubble bath?” Leeteuk asked and gave his hand to Sora.

“That does sound good,” Sora smiled and was about to take Leeteuk’s hand, when she realised that she was still holding that photo.

She looked at it and sighed. “I don’t think that I need this anymore...” Sora muttered and was about to tear the photo, but then Leeteuk suddenly stopped her.

“Don’t. It’s still a part of you and your history. You can’t get away from it. And you shouldn’t. You have to treasure it,” Leeteuk took the photo from Sora and smiled. “Besides, I like this photo. Your glasses are so 90s - werrry y,” he added and smirked. And you could have not miss the sarcasm.

Leeteuk grabbed Sora’s hand and lead her back to the heavy frontdoor. He tried to open the door for them, but it didn’t open. He tried couple of times, but it stayed shut. Leeteuk muttered some curses to the door and kicked it even.

“What’s wrong?” Sora asked, even though she kind of understood what was happening.

Leeteuk sighed. “Okay, wanna hear something really ironic?” he asked and tried to smile.

Sora’s eyes widened. “You didn’t!”

Leeteuk looked down. “Yeah... I think I accidently locked the door...”


Ever thought why this fic is called Fake Flower? Well I thought I would explain it now... First the flower: It represents marriage, if you don't take care of it, it won't grow that beautifully and it will die. And a fake flower: it's only beautiful from outside, but inside it's dead. It doesn't have a life. Just like their marriage. It was after all arranged and it didn't involve true feelings. And also, you can say that fake flower represents Sora. That's not her. She's something much more than a beautiful shell...

And there's also one more thing, but that you will find out some other time ;D

Oh and btw this was the end of part 2. Part 3 will start soon. Go check the prologue if you want to know what’s going to happen ;D

Love you guys! And I'll see you again on weekend or next week (gonna start packing now :D)