Willing to try - or not

Fake Flower

“Stop screaming! Can’t you see she’s scared?” Sora said angrily and tried to calm the girl.

“Bu-but I thought you hadn’t seen Kyuhyun for years! So you are cheating me! You should have told me you had a child. I can’t believe I’m married to a woman who already has a child with another man! I can’t believe this!” Leeteuk kept turning around and pulling his hair. This was something he didn’t expect.

“I'm kidding! Geez, calm down. You actually believed that? Seriously, what do you think of me?” Sora rolled her eyes.

Leeteuk calmed a bit. “A joke? Not really funny if you ask from me...” he muttered and sat down next to Sora and this child. He softly girl’s hair. “Then who’s child is this?”

“I have no idea. Maybe she lost her parents,” Sora lifted the girl and looked her in the eyes. “Hello there little one. Where are your parents?” she asked softly and smiled to her.

Leeteuk was taken aback by Sora’s actions. He never thought that she could be this good with children. He thought that she would be one of those ones who would just scream to children and hate them. At least that's what Sora was like to Leeteuk.

The girl stopped sobbing and looked at Sora. “I-I don’t know,” she managed to say.

Sora smiled softly and patted her head. “There there. Don’t worry little girl. We will help you to find your parents.”

“We will?” Leeteuk was surprised.

“Yes. Do you have a problem with it?” Sora asked coldly.

Leeteuk quickly shook his head. “No not at all. Just a bit shocked that you would do that,” he muttered and didn’t mean for Sora to hear that.

“Thanks, but I’m not that cold hearted,” she turned to look the girl again and her whole appearance softened. “What’s your name little girl?”

“I’m Sumin,” the girl said shyly and looked away.

“Sumin... That’s a beautiful name. I’m Sora and this ahj... I mean oppa is Leeteuk,” Sora smiled.

“Sora unni is beautiful,” Sumin smiled. She quickly peeked on Leeteuk and turned red. “Oppa is  handsome,” she muttered and buried her face on Sora’s neck.

Sora laughed. “Yes, oppa is.”

Leeteuk smiled after hearing that coming from Sora’s mouth. He stood up and helped Sora and Sumin up too.

“When was the last time you saw your parents Sumin?” he asked softly.

“They were sitting on the sand and I went to play near the water. Omma said that I can’t go too far away and I didn’t! But when I turned I didn’t see them anymore. I got scared and run to unni,” she muttered and took Sora’s hand on her tiny hands.

“That isn’t helping us at all,” Leeteuk whispered to Sora.

“Would you stop that? All we can now do is to look for her parents nearby. She couldn’t have gone that far from them, right?” she hissed back.

“I guess you’re right,” Leeteuk muttered. “Come on Sumin! Let’s go find your parents!” he said and took Sumin’s hand.

Sumin smiled brightly and jumped happily. They really did look like a father and daughter. All Sora could do was to smile and look at them. Maybe someday he will be holding our baby.

Leeteuk turned his head and shouted to her: “Come on Sora!”

“I’m coming, I’m coming,” Sora muttered and tried to ignore what she had just thought.

“What is Sora unni to oppa?” Sumin asked suddenly.

Leeteuk smiled. “Sora is my wife.”

“Waa~! Oppa is lucky. Unni is so pretty,” Sumin sounded jealous. “But why isn’t oppa holding Sora’s hand? My appa always holds omma’s hand,” she continued.

“Because Sora is shy,” Leeteuk said before Sora was able to say anything.

Sora glared at Leeteuk.

Sumin looked at Sora with her big puppy eyes. “Unni why don’t you hold oppa’s hand? Don’t you like oppa?” she blinked and looked like Puss in Boots in Shrek.

Sora bit her lower lip. “No it’s not that. You see Sumin the th-”

“Then hold oppa’s hand!” Sumin said so strictly that Sora couldn’t argue with her.

Leeteuk smirked and hold his hand for Sora. Sora bit her lip again before taking his hand. She let a loud sigh.

“See? That wasn’t so bad, right yeobo?” Leeteuk said quietly so that only Sora heard it.

Sora again glared at him. How many times had she done it already?

“Do oppa and unni have kids?” Sumin suddenly asked.

“Not yet, but hopefully when we come again next year, there will be little baby with us,” Leeteuk said and smiled.

Sora looked shocked and glared at Leeteuk again.

“I like babies,” Sumin muttered. She let her gaze roll around and then she spotted something. “Ice cream!” she shouted happily and had already forget their conversation.

Leeteuk laughed. “Should we buy her ice cream, yeobo?”

No response.

“Sora?”

Leeteuk turned and saw how Sora just stood there and looked puzzled.

“Why did you say that?” Sora hissed. She didn’t sound mad, more like surprised and embarrassed.

“What do you mean? The talk about babies? You know Sora, even though we were forced to do this - and aren’t happy about it - we can still make this marriage work. We can either try to be happy or stay pessimistic for the rest of our lives - which by the way will be one hell of a long time,” Leeteuk was really serious when he talked.

“What do you mean exactly?”

“Well we could really be friends and try to get along with each others. I’m not saying that we have to act like actual married couple right away, but we don’t have to hate each others,” Leeteuk shrugged his shoulders. “So Sora? Are you willing to try this with me?”

Sora gulped loudly. She had never thought about their future before. Could she really stay mad at him for the rest of  her life? Well at least she could try. But did she really want to? She wasn’t normally like this. She liked to smile and be happy. She wanted to enjoy her life.

She had been already so unhappy and miserable for a long time. And being mad all the time was tiring. All this hate towards him, was it worth it? Was she able to forgive him?

No. Not yet.

“I... I...”

Leeteuk sighed. “Fine. No need to answer me right now. But just remember Sora! I’m willing to do it,” he said and ran to Sumin who was looking the ice cream flavors with sparkling eyes.

Sora sighed while looking at Leeteuk’s back. “I would like to. I really would... But I just can’t forgive you when you can’t even remember what you have done to me...”

She was about to burst into tears when Sumin’s high voice stopped her: “Unni come! Let’s get some ice cream!”

After getting the ice creams they kept walking around and looking for Sumin’s parents. The whole time Sora kept amazing Leeteuk with her sweet and nurturing behaviour. She was really sweet to Sumin, like she was her own daughter or little sister. Sora really was an angel.

That made Leeteuk think. Was this the real Sora or was it the one he knew? Which one was fake or was neither of them real her? And more importantly, why? Why did she have this mask, she wore all the time? Was she protecting herself from something or someone? Was she actually really vulnerable?

Leeteuk wanted to know. Had something happened to Sora? Was that the reason she behaved like this? Why did she act stronger than she really was? And why was she always so angry? Why did she hate the world so much? Why did she hate him so much? And why did she hate herself?

“Oppa! Your ice cream is melting,” Leeteuk heard Sumin’s voice suddenly.

“What?” Leeteuk blinked and realised that Sora and Sumin were laughing at him.

“Here, clean yourself,” Sora giggled and gave him a napkin. “You also have some ice cream here,” she continued and touched the corner of Leeteuk’s lips and wiped it.

Leeteuk’s eyes widened because of this sudden action. Not that he didn’t like it - more like the opposite. He just never thought that Sora would do something like that.

Sora also realised what she had done and froze. Her hand was still on Leeteuk’s lips and all of sudden she forgot how to move it.

“Omma! Appa!” Sumin suddenly screamed.

It looked like Leeteuk and Sora woke up from a trance. Sora blushed badly and quickly moved her hand away. Leeteuk blinged couple of times - since that seemed to be the only thing he could do. It felt like he had just woken up from a dream. A really sweet one. He looked at Sora who kept avoiding his gaze. She was still red like a tomato and was biting her lower lip.

Leeteuk chuckled. “Cute.”

“Omma! Appa! Come meet unni and oppa!” Sumin kept screaming happily and pulled a Korean couple towards them.

“Ah! Annyong haseyo! Thank you for taking care of our Sumin. We are sorry that you had to waste your precious time,” the man bowed.

“No it’s okay. We had great time with her, right Sumin?” Leeteuk smiled to Sumin.

Sumin just nodded with a big smile on her face.

“We are so sorry to interrupt your time! We’ll be leaving now,” they bowed again and pulled Sumin with them.

“Bye oppa and unni! Sumin waved at them.

They both waved until they couldn’t see them anymore. After that it came quiet.

“You will make a great mother Sora,” Leeteuk said suddenly.

“Yes, but not for your kids,” Sora smirked. Her face wasn’t red anymore and she had already got over that little incident.

“So there is going to be our kids?” Leeteuk smiled happily.

“T-that's not what I meant!” Sora blushed and turned away.

Leeteuk laughed. He took Sora’s hand and took her back to their stuff.

“Now come on! Let’s go have some fun!” he said happily.

He turned to look at Sora and found her holding her rib again. Sora’s face was telling that she was in pain. Leeteuk quickly got closer to her and touched her rib softly.

“Does it hurt again?”

“Yeah. I guess it was that walking and running,” Sora muttered and sat down.

“We should get back. It’s not good for you to stay here,” Leeteuk was about to take Sora’s hand, but she stopped him.

“No it’s okay. I’m fine if I just sit here and relax. And besides I wouldn’t be able to walk back,” Sora said and closed her eyes.

Leeteuk wasn’t sure what to do. “Well I guess I stay with you then,” he muttered and sat next to Sora.

“No no! Go have fun! You don’t have to stay here because of me. Go play in the water,” Sora said quickly.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. Go and don’t flirt with other girls,” Sora said and put sunglasses on.

Leeteuk smirked. “Aaaw~ is my wife jealous?” he cooed.

“What? No! Just remember the public image,” Sora said quickly. Good thing that the big sunglasses covered her red face.

Leeteuk laughed, “Arasso arasso,” he leaned closer to Sora and whispered in her ear: “You don’t have to worry yeobo. You are the only girl for me.”

He got up before Sora could say anything and ran away. Sora was dumbfounded and just stared at Leeteuk who was long gone. She felt her cheeks getting hotter and quickly shook her head. “He’s just playing with you Sora...” she sighed and lay back on the sand.

Leeteuk looked back at Sora and saw her lying on her back. “Well at least she doesn’t look mad,” he smiled and run to water. He wasn’t even sure why he said that, but it just felt right to say it. And it wasn’t completely lie. Now Sora was the only woman for him, since they were married. And to be honest, Leeteuk wasn’t sure if he even wanted any other woman than her...

BANG!

 

I'm baaaaack - almost! Missed me? :) million dollar question! what happens when these notes are short..?

You are right! DOUBLE UPDATE! ->