My New Personal Hell

Mission Impossible: Operation Steal Kim Myungsoo's Heart

 

I knew this day was coming sooner or later.
 
Its been a week since I've arrived in Seoul and I've been having a blast.
 
Shopping at Myeongdong, Gorging on Ddeokboki and Korean ice cream, exploring Itaewon and my favorite, Lotte freaking World!
 
But now, I'm going to have to face reality.
 
School.
 
Just thinking about school makes me want to hurl, what more if I sit through 8 classes 5 days a week?
 
I don't hate learning (I quite enjoy it actually), I just hate the terror and boring teachers, bullies and the subject I hate the most…P.E.
 
And all of these you can find where? School.
 
It doesn't help either that this is a NEW school. I have a really hard time making friends. 
 
I'm too much of an introvert for my own good.
 
"Yoojung-ah! You'll be late for school if you don't get ready soon! Ppali!" my umma shouted from the kitchen.
 
"Okay Yoojung, you can do this. Positive thoughts." I thought, trying to calm myself down.
 
I walk out of my room and sit at the kitchen table.
 
"Umma, can I just drop out of high school?"
 
"Yah, are you crazy?" my umma replied while giving me the 'WTF is wrong with you' face.
 
"What if bullies bother me again? What if I don't make any friends? What if I--"
 
"Shh… You haven't even stepped inside your new school yet and you're already thinking about that. Think positive!"
 
"But umma~"
 
"No buts. Now go, you're gonna be late. Need me to come with you?"
 
"Ani. Dad showed me how to get there the other day. Bye umma." I said and hesitantly walked out the door.
 
"FIGHTING!" she exclaimed, pumping her fist up and down several times.
 
"My umma is weird." I thought to myself.
 
The walk didn't take too long and before I knew it, I was in front of Cheongnam high or as I'd like to call it, my new personal hell.
 
I walk into complete and utter chaos.
 
Students running around, bullies giving wedgies, couples making out by their lockers.
 
Oh god, this is even worse than my old school.
 
I try to walk through the hallway discreetly, making my way to the admin office to get my schedule. 
 
"I thought this crazy only happened in movies?" I thought to myself while looking for my classroom. When I found it, I take a seat in my first class, Journalism 101.
 
The teacher isn't here yet, so I bring out my ipod and earphones, trying to ignore the noise surrounding me. I look for my Infinite playlist and put it on repeat. 
 
"Nothings over, nothings over~" I hum to myself, finding myself in my happy place.
 
Anything Infinite related is my happy place.
 
Then I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see a girl with full bangs and glasses just like mine. 
 
"Are you listening to Infinite?" she asked.
 
"Yeah, Nothings Over. Do you like Infinite?"
 
"Hell yeah! Aren't they the best?" she squeals. 
 
"Yes they are!!" Yes!! I found myself a fellow fangirl. Maybe this school isn't so bad after all.
 
"Who's you're favorite member?" I ask. I hope it isn't Myungsoo. 
 
"Nam Woohyun!" she answers, to my relief. I can get really possessive over that boy sometimes.
 
"Cool. Mine is Kim Myungsoo. I'm gonna marry him someday." I say. I hope she doesn't think I'm joking.
 
"Woah, you've got some big dreams there girl." she teases. "I'm Minri by the way. Park Minri." she says while extending her hand out to shake mine.
 
"Kim Yoojung."
 
"Are you new? I don't think I've ever seen you around school before." she asks.
 
"Yeah, today's my first day."
 
"Well Yoojung-ah, I think you and I are going to be very good friends."
 
"I think so too." The heavens are on my side today. I made a friend on my first day. First time ever.
 
~~~
 
"Yoojung-ah, lets eat lunch together." Minri says.
 
"Uhm sure." I reply. I usually eat alone. This is a first.
 
So we walk together to the cafeteria, get some food and sit down.
 
"So, Kim Yoojung, what made you transfer to Cheongnam high?"
 
"Well, I moved back to Seoul from the US a week ago and this is the school closest to my apartment, so yeah. Here I am."
 
"From the US? Waaah~ Then you must be really good at english. I'm jealous." she pouts.
 
"Haha I guess so."
 
We were in the middle of having a really interesting conversation about this variety show Infinite was in when suddenly a girl interrupts us from out of nowhere.
 
"Hey loser. I see you've found yourself a new friend."
 
"Whatever Hyerim." Minri says back.
 
"I bet she's a loser like you too. You even have the same glasses." she laughs.
 
"Ignore her Yoojung." Minri mumbles.
 
"Uhm, excuse me. I'd really appreciate it if you stopped bothering my friend and I over here. We don't have time to talk to people like you." I say in english. If she messes with Minri, I have the right to mess her too.  She's the one and only friend I have in this hell hole, so I gotta protect her. A look of utter shock appears on her face. I bet this is the first time anyone has done that to her. Minri is just staring at me with open, confirming my suspicions. 
 
"So, could you leave us alone now please?" I continue on. Thinking about it, this is the first time I've stood up to a bully. EVER. Lots of firsts in my life are happening today.  
 
"Ugh, whatever." Hyerim says and walks away, her pride obviously damaged.
 
"Waah, Kim Yoojung. That was so cool!" Minri said when Hyerim was out of earshot.
 
"Well, I couldn't just let her bully you like that can I?" 
 
"Awww you're the best Yoojung." she says and hugs me. 
 
"No problem Minri. But why the hek is she messing with you like that? Its not like you're doing anything wrong." I ask.
 
"She's Jung Hyerim. School bully, all around diva and get this, she likes Myungsoo too.
 
WHAT.
 
A LIKE HER, LIKES MY MYUNGSOO?
 
OH HELL NO.
 
"WHAT?" I say while trying to contain my rage. 
 
"Are you okay Yoojung? You're face is turning tomato red." Minri says, looking at me with a worried expression.
 
"Calm yourself down Yoojung. Calm~~" I mentally repeat to myself. I can't go all rage mode. Not here. Not now.
 
"I'm fine. Its just that girls like her annoy me to death. They think they're all that, but they really are just insecure poopie heads."
 
"Poopie heads? Nice one Yoojung-ah" Minri says while laughing.
 
RIIINNGGGGG
 
"C'mon! We gotta get to class." 
 
So we walk to our next class as quickly as possible and get there just in time. 
 
Once class starts, Minri is on serious mode. Usually, I would be too, but I 'm mentally at war with the school's bully.
 
Jung Hyerim, Kim Myungsoo is MINE.
 

a little longer than usual, I hope you guys like it :)