Auditions

Mission Impossible: Operation Steal Kim Myungsoo's Heart

 

Yoojung's POV
 
"Is it too late to turn back now?" I ask Junhong nervously. Today was finally D-day. The day I've been somewhat dreading and somewhat looking forward to. Finally time for my audition.
 
"Yup! You have passed the point of now return my dear." he replied and chuckled.
 
"I'm scared Bunhong. This is like a do or die moment for me!" I felt like breaking down right then and there.
 
"You won't die if you don't get into TSENT, which I highly doubt." he said, shaking his hand dismissively. 
 
A lady in sweats and an oversized hoodie came out of the room where they were holding auditions. She had a clipboard in hand and she looked really intimidating. 
 
"Thats Jaemin noona. She's the head choreographer here at TSENT." Bunhong said, pointing to the intimidating looking lady.
 
"Next in line for auditions is Kim Yoojung. Kim Yoojung-ssi, please step into the audition room now." she said in a loud voice.
 
"B-bunhong. I c-can't d--"
 
"Fighting Yoojungie!!" he shouted and pushed me to the audition room. I fell in with a loud thud. The panel of judges turned to look at me and I felt my cheeks heat up. "You're gonna pay for that Bunhong!!" I thought to myself, getting on my feet and adjusting my bangs.
 
"Are you alright Yoojung-ssi?" one of the judges asked.
 
"N-ne." I answered and walked to stand in front of the judges.
 
"What will you be doing for us today?" one of the judges asked. All of them, and I mean ALL of them, have their eyebrows raised at me. It was like they were thinking, "Is she seriously going to audition?". 
 
"I'll be dancing for you all today." I replied and tried to muster up some confidence. 
 
"Okay then. Show us your best." 
 
I cued for the technician in the corner to play my song and I put my game face on.
 
"I can do this. Release your inner dancing machine Yoojung." was my last thought before the music started playing.
 
Once the familiar beat hit my ears, I left my body to do the work. I did the dance routine as best as I could and thought about nothing else. 
 
I was done before I knew it and when I turned to look at the judges, their expressions were of pure shock. 
 
Anxiety immediately washed over me. Did I do that bad? Was I so horrible that even one of the judges had his mouth hanging open? 
 
"Thank you very much Yoojung. You will receive a call from us later tonight if you have been called back or not." they said and ushered me out of the room.
 
Junhong strode over to me and gave me a questioning look. 
 
"How'd it go?" he asked me. 
 
"I think I did really bad…" I told him, avoiding his gaze. I felt bad for disappointing my best friend. 
 
And just when I thought I couldn't feel worse, a small frown appeared on his face. He came over and gave me a hug.
 
"Its okay Yoojungie~ I hope they still call you back though. I believe in you."
 
"I'm sorry Bunhong." I said, tears threatening to spill.
 
"You don't have to be sorry. But it isn't over 'til the results come out. We'll find out later if you got in or not, so lets think positive." he said, giving me a big smile. 
 
"I'll try." I said, not feeling positive at all. 
 
These next few hours were going to be tough.
 
~~~
 
Its already 6pm, and still no call from TSENT.
 
I was pacing around the BAP dorms, while all the other boys were just doing their own things. Yongguk oppa and Bunhong were watching war movies, Himchan oppa and Daehyun oppa were taking a nap, Youngjae oppa was on his laptop and Jongup oppa was jamming to Chris Brown. 
 
"Yoojung-ah, you've been pacing around for almost an hour. Relax." he said, gesturing for me to come and sit next to him.
 
"I'm too nervous. I can't relax." I told him. I just seriously wanna get this over with already. I've already accepted the fact that I won't get in. I just want the suspense over and done with.
 
I was so deep in thought, I almost didn't here Junhong when he called my name.
 
"Yoojung-ah….Yoojung-ah!!" he said, almost shouting.
 
"Mwo? Sorry, I was lost in thought…"
 
"Your phone is buzzing." he said and pointed to my phone that was charging in the corner. Sure it enough it was buzzing, indicating that I was receiving a call. 
 
All eyes were on my phone now, except for Himchan oppa and Daehyun oppa of course.
 
"Fighting!!" Junhong cheered and waited for me to answer the call.
 
With trembling hands, I got my phone and pressed the call button. "Yoboseyo?" I squeaked. Youngjae oppa facepalmed himself while Yongguk oppa and Jongup oppa bit back their laughter.
 
"Is this Kim Yoojung-ssi?" A lady on the other end of the line asked.
 
"N-ne. I'm Kim Yoojung."
 
"Yoojung-ssi. I'm Park Jaemin, head choreographer of TSENT. I'm pleased to inform you that you've been accepted as a trainee here in our company. Chukhahamnida." 
 
I got in. I got in. I GOT IN!!!
 
"Ah, jinjja? Kamsamnida sunbaemin!!" I said, maybe a little too loudly. 
 
"New trainees are expected to come in starting next week, so I'll be expecting you arasso?" she said, and I thought I almost heard her chuckle. I guess she isn't so intimidating after all.
 
"Ne arasso. Kamsamnida!" I said and then she hung up. 
 
Before I could even turn to face the others, Bunhong tackled me to the floor.
 
"CONGRATULATIONS WELCOME TO TSENT I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!" he screamed.
 
All the boys, including Himchan oppa and Daehyun oppa who were now awake, cheered and shouted like wild animals.
 
"CONGRATS YOOJUNG!" "WAAAAH DAEBAK!!" "YAY WE GET TO SEE YOU MORE OFTEN." "I'M SO PROUD OF MY YOOJUNGIE."
 
All I could do was laugh at all their reactions. I still can't believe I got accepted into TSENT.
 
When the screams subsided, Bunhong bent down to my level and whispered "I knew you could do it." 
 
I gave him a really big hug. "I couldn't have done it without you."