Guardian Angel

Mission Impossible: Operation Steal Kim Myungsoo's Heart

 

Myungsoo's POV
 
"Sungjong-ah, I'll go ahead. I don't wanna be late for History class." I told him, standing up from our spot in the cafeteria.
 
"But hyung!! Theres still 10 minutes until the bell rings. Wait for me first." Sungjong said and pouted.
 
"You know that tactic doesn't work on me. Anyways, I'll be going." I replied and walked away, ignoring Sungjong's constant whining until he was out of earshot. I know theres still time until the bell rings, but I just wanted to have some time to myself. 
 
When I arrived at the classroom, it was still pretty empty, so I took a seat at the back and brought out a book. 5 minutes into scanning the book, I saw a familiar figure walk in through the corner of my eye. I look up and met eyes with Yoojung. Her face was still pretty swollen, making her look very fragile. 
 
"Who in their right mind would have the guts to punch her? She's so delicate, like a porcelain doll…" I thought to myself, observing her features. 
 
She had a very small frame, long light brown hair but there was something off about her eyes. It looked like she was wearing colored contacts, an unnatural shade of brown. I wonder if thats her natural eye color…
 
The slamming of the door snapped me out of my thoughts and then it only occurred to me then that I was staring at her for a full 5 minutes. 
 
"Good Morning class, today we are going to study about the Opium war, turn your books to page 25 of your text book." the teacher said while writing something on the board. 
 
I tried my best to pay attention to the lesson, but my thoughts would constantly drift off to Yoojung and then I'd catch myself unconsciously looking at her.
 
"Pay attention Kim Myungsoo! Stop looking at her. Stop it. Stop it." I tried thinking to myself, knocking myself on the head, but nothing that the teacher was saying was sinking in. 
 
I averted my gaze to Yoojung, who was listening attentively to the lesson. She looked so delicate, so precious. I felt like I was obliged to protect her, like she needed me to hold her in place or else she'd fall apart. But how the hell am I gonna be able to do that?
 
After that, I just spent most of History class thinking of ways on how I can ensure the safety of that small, fragile being, especially from the girl who tried to beat the crap out of her. 
 
I'm sorry Yoojung-ssi, I may not be able to physically protect you 24/7 right now, but I promise you, until I think of a plan, I'll be quietly watching, like a guardian angel.