Campfire

Coincidence Memories

2

Campfire
 
On the other hand, Xiumin was busy training with his friends.
 
*Hmm. That girl stared at me like she know me or something..*
 
"Yah! Xiumin! Daydreaming of food again?" Sukjin voice broke his thoughts.
 
Xiumin came back from Earth then shook his head and apologised, before continuing training.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh gosh! I'm starving!" Xiumin grumbled while munching down his food.
 
After 3 hours of training, lunch was finally served and Xiumin literally lunged for it, gobbling down as much as he can.
 
"Slow down Xiumin, we won't fight with you," Kris said, while slowly savouring every single bite of his hamburger, in no hurry, unlike Xiumin, who had crumbs all over his mouth.
 
"Say, I wonder why Mr Lee would want to put Hae Ra with us. She's maybe .. Too young. After all, we trained much longer than her, and has also more experience than her," Lay said.
 
"Oh never mind that. Did you see how cute she was? She was so shy! Adorable! Like me!" Tao beamed.
 
EXO-M rolled their eyes and shook their heads, then continued eating their food.
 
"By the way. Did anyone, well, happen to see how Hae Ra looked at me? Like she had known me for a long time or something." Xiumin asked with his mouth full.
 
"Xiumin, eat before you talk. We could hardly hear you say and all those tiny little food particles are coming out of your mouth and landing on our faces." Luhan wiped the crumbs away from his face while talking.
"And no. We didn't see how she stared at you like she thought you were how childhood friend or something. Don't overestimate yourself." Luhan joked that made Xiumin pout.
 
"Yeah! You can never ever ever ever ever ever ever-"
 
"Tao. Your 'ever' will be forever. Just end it here. You are more long winded than duizhang you know?" Chen chuckled.
 
"Hey, why did you drag me in?" Kris complained.
 
"Alright. Let me finish my sentence first. You can never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever-"
 
"Eh Hem." Chen cleared his throat.
 
"Fine.." Tao pouted,"ever, beat me. Hae Ra will of course look at me first then you! And not vice versa." Tao beamed and continued eating his lunch.
 
Xiumin sighed and began eating his dumplings, mind still thinking about Hae Ra's gaze towards him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was evening, and Hae Ra was being waken up by a loud bang outside of her room.
 
She placed the photo under the blanket and went out to see what the commotion is about and found out that they were having a camp fire.
The senior trainees were on the left side, which has a lot of empty spaces, while on the right side, there were the new trainees, all squashed side by side.
 
 
 
"Trainees! We have set this campfire annually. This is to celebrate the new trainees that entered SM Entertainment, and hopefully they can debut within 3-4 years. Now, this campfire is not only to bond with each other and create good rapport, but it is also to show off what skills you have. As being a singer or actor, you need to be brave. So all of you have to perform tonight." Sukjin who's the announcer announced.
 
There were murmurs and some nods, and also some whines, coming from the left side, and supposedly, the whinese are coming from Tao.
 
"So. Who wants to go first? Let's have the senior trainees show off their skill first, am I right, EXO?" Sukjin turned his head to the left side, where the senior trainees are, and only EXO's the senior trainees on the left side.
 
There were 11 seats occupied only.
 
*Hmm. Strange. Didn't Sukjin said that EXO-M and K both consist of 6 members each? How come there's only 11 seats occupied..* Hae Ra was hiding behind a pillar and looking at the campfire, whole scratching her head, trying to find out who's the member who is absent.
 
EXO-M cleared their throats and all of them looked at Kris, while Kris was the only one looking at Luhan.
 
While EXO-K also cleared their throats and looked at only one person, who Hae Ra thinks that that person is the leader of the group.
 
Kris then let out a big sigh and went up on stage with EXO-M tagging along behind him, and EXO-K waiting at the foot of the stage for their turn to come.
 
EXO-M were performing their dance that they were dancing in Room 11, when He Ra walked in and saw part of the dance.
 
Hae Ra was watching them with awe and nodded at every step they danced to.
 
"Their steps are perfect. They must have spent a lot of time choreographing it.." Hae Ra whispered.
 
"Yup. We did spend a lot of time doing it. And I was the one who thought about the steps." A figure appeared behind Hae Ra, which made her yelped and jumped a bit.
 
When Hae Ra turned back, she saw Xiumin chuckling.
 
"You.. You did the dance moves?" Hae Ra eyes widened.
 
Xiumin nodded while drying his hands on his shirt.
 
"It's amazing..-" Hae Ra stopped herself from talking. She had said too much. She wasn't suppose to say anything unless it's due to respect or needed to, but she just felt that warm feeling she had whenever Xiumin was around her. 
 
Like how.. Her childhood lover gave her that feeling.
 
But she knew that the wasn't her childhood lover. That was just Xiumin. An aquaintance, or maybe just a stranger.
 
She lowered her head and was about to leave to go back to her room while Xiumin grabbed her by the arm gently, not using too much force.
 
"Just watch the campfire if you don't wish to participate, even if you actually had to, like me. I don't like participating in campfires." Xiumin said gently.
 
Hae Ra looked up and hesitated. "I'm not used to crowds," Hae Ra replied as continued walking to her dormitory when Xiumin grabbed her hand and face her. "Then get used to it. we're not actually going out to the campfire. Just here on this bench."
Hae Ra looked up and hesitated, and Xiumin took the opportunity and led Haw Ra to the bench as he sat down beside her.
 
Seeing newly trainees show off their skills. Dancing, singing, acting, rapping.
 
"They really are brave. Aren't they?" Xiumin asked, eyes still looking at the trainees performing.
 
"Mmmhmm. I'm not as brave as them," Hae Ra looked down, nodding.
 
"Why are you so quiet? Where are your parents?" Xiumin asked warmly.
 
Upon hearing that, Hae Ra looked down even lower.
 
Hae Ra didn't reply as she continued to stare at the ground, thinking whether or not to tell. Xiumin quickly cleared his throat and said, "You can tell me if you don't want to. I, I'm just curious."
 
*I'm not supposed to tell. I'm not supposed to tell. I'm not supposed to tell. Gahh. I'll tell.*
 
"I.. My parents.. I don't have one,"
 
Xiumin could feel the tension in the air and decided not to continue asking.
 
"They-" Hae Ra wanted to continue but was interrupted as the campfire came to an end. 
 
Sukjin was blabbering nonsense about the final finale and blessings and all those stuff, then finally extinguished the fire, and trainees went back to their own dormitory.
 
"I'll tell you more, tomorrow, if you want to." Hae Ra looked down, still not making eye contact with Xiumin.
 
"Alright then. If you want to." Xiumin smiled as Hae Ra was treating him as a friend now. "Thanks for accompanying me tonight. Last year no one accompanied me. Goodnight." Xiumin chuckled and walked away, going back to his dorm on his right side, while Hae Ra said a "Goodnight" to him too, but came out as a whisper, and headed back to her own dormitory on the left side.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Gahh. Why did I tell him about it? God. What is wrong with me..?" Hae Ra threw the pillow onto her face while lying on the bed fidgeting.
-----