He Steps Back

Coincidence Memories

 

19.
He steps back.
 
At that point of time, EXO came rushing in, as they all stumbled in.
 
Kris worriedly looked at Xiumin. "Xiumin, feeling any better?" Kris asked, while opening the door, letting the rest of EXO to come in, except for D.O. and Kai.
 
"Mmhmm. Feeling much better.." Xiumin grinned.
 
 
 
 
On the other hand, D.O. was sighing non stop on his bed, while Kai was on his other bed, not making a sound when D.O. was sighing.
 
*I knew it.. I just knew it. It fits all perfectly now..* D.O. sighed once more and buried his face into his hands.
.
Kai, was on his bed, looking at D.O. *Never would I know, D.O. would actually really fall in love with a girl..*
 
"D.O.."
 
"Leave me alone. Leave the room. I need some peace, to think carefully, Kai." D.O's words were muffled as he was covering his face with his hands.
 
Kai sighed.
 
"Why are you sighing? You're not the one who has a problem! It's me!" D.O. yelled.
 
"D.O.. Just let it go, Hae Ra and Xiumin-.." 
 
"Don't mention their names!" D.O. pointed a finger at Kai and ordered him to get out.
 
Kai sighed once more, then dragged his body to the door, and closed it shut after going out.
 
*Tsk. Do Kyungsoo. You don't have to shout and tell me to get out even if you're lovesick. I have a part in the room too!*
Kai opened the door, and saw EXO with Hae Ra talking and laughing happily.
He closed the door and walked towards Xiumin.
 
"Hey. Feeling better?" Kai asked while giving him a cup of water.
"Yup, so much." Xiumin grinned and eyed Hae Ra, which made her look away, and he drank the water.
 
"I'll.. I'll go back to my dorm .. First," Hae Ra bit her lip preventing herself from grinning too much and acting like a lunatic smiling for no reasons.
 
Kai immediately reached out as he walked out of the room. "Hae Ra, wait for me. I have something to ask you," Kai called out for Hae Ra and went out of the room to catch up with her.
 
He held onto Hae Ra's wrist and stopped.
 
"Hae Ra. I wanna talk to you about something."
 
 
 
 
 
"So.. What do you want to ask about me? Hmm?" Hae Ra looked down at her legs, while sitting outside on a bench, and grinning.
"Hae Ra, you do know that .. D.O. likes you, right?" Kai asked.
 
At that moment, Hae Ra looked up and looked at Kai, with a shock expression.
 
"Wh-What? What did you say?"
"I guess.. You didn't know that D.O. likes you.."
 
 
"When did D.O.. erm.. Like, me?" He Ra asked with eyebrows furrowed together.
 
"The moment he saw you," Kai looked up at the sky. "He said it was his whatever, erm, love at first sight. And the thing is .. He's currently lovesick."
 
"I didn't know he .. Liked me.. Wait. Lovesick? I didn't even tell him whether I like him." Hae Ra thought aloud.
 
"He saw you, with Xiumin in the room."
 
"What!" Hae Ra pinked and frowned.
 
"I saw you too," Kai smirked.
 
Hae Ra blushed even more, and she gulped, as she secretly fanned herself.
 
Kai sulked in his seat, as he sighed once more, worrying for his room mate cooping up in their room. "He usually cooks or eats lots of junk food when he's stressed or sad, but this time, he just coops up in our room and does nothing besides groaning and sighing. I guess this time he's really serious in this relationship. Can you talk to him? I hope he understands." Kai said with a worried expression.
 
Hae Ra pursed her lips, then nodded. " Bring me to him."
 
--
 
The door creaked open, and Hae Ra stepped into DO's and Kai's room. Hae Ra glanced back at Kai once more and he nodded at her, she then nodded back, and took another step in, gulping to see D.O. in his usual position-Knees brought closely to his chest and face buried into his hands.
 
Just as Hae Ra was about to greet him, D.O cut her off.
 
Thinking that the person who came in was Kai, D.O groaned, "Kai, just get out. I need some time to think, I need some peace." D.O's words were once again muffled in his hands.
 
"It's me, Hae Ra. Kai's outside, he brought me in, here to talk to you about us, and Xiumin." He Ra said and her grip on her shirt tightened, afraid that D.O. may explode and shout at her.
 
When D.O heard Hae Ra's voice, he immediately shot up, checking whether Hae Ra was in his room.
 
"Hae Ra.." D.O smiled but his expression soon turned into hurt as thoughts of Xiumin and Hae Ra in the room right in front of his eyes flashed in his mind. His heart cringed once again, as he took in a deep breath. He grabbed the comforter and covered his body and face, and turned to one side, not wanting to see Hae Ra.
 
He Ra's eyes softened. She blamed herself, for loving someone, but on the other hand, she was also hurting someone that love her.
 
"D.O, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I've always treated you only as a friend, a friend, that I can share my thoughts with. A very good friend."
 
There was silence for a few minutes, before D.O. spoke up.
 
"What about Xiumin? You treated Xiumin the way you treated me. You shared your thoughts with me, and you shared your thoughts with him too, but why do you love him, in a way that you didn't love me?" D.O.'s voice were filled with pain and hurt.
 
"I love you, as a friend. But I love Xiumin, as a love that cannot be described. I knew Xiumin longer than you thought. We both knew each other, before we were in SM Academy. I met him, when we were young. Very young. Just that, he lost his memory." Hae Ra looked down, shuffling her left foot.
 
D.O. slowly got out of his covers, and turned to look at Hae Ra, slightly confused at Hae Ra's words. *What does she mean by memory loss?*
She walked to the side of D.O's bed and sat down.
 
"His real name's Minseok. Kim Minseok. He left for China when he was young and got into an accident which injured his head and suffered memory loss. He had forgotton about me since then, and that's how he started off as a friend I met in SM Academy. That's how I treated him as Xiumin, and not Minseok. But still, my heart thinks that it's Minseok. I just, know it. It's inside, my heart." Hae Ra placed a hand over her chest and let out a deep breath. "He couldn't recognize me, until recently, he recovered from memory loss. He remembered me, every single thing we had done together. D.O, Xiumin and I, have been through lots of things together. It's fate that brought me and Xiumin together, as in a relationship, and it's also fate, the brought us together, you and me, as friends. Best of friends." Hae Ra said and peeked at D.O, who then quickly covered himself again.
 
"Yah. Yah! Are you listening to me?" Hae Ra pulled D.O's covers and revealed him who buried his head in the pillow.
 
Hae Ra cracked a smile, "Let go, we're not compatible. Besides, your future as a singer, is more important than love matters. You will find other women better than me. You, being lovesick made Kai and me worried for you, especially Kai. I don't want you, my best friend being hurt." Hae Ra smiled and lightly punched D.O's arm.
 
"Yah! It hurts.." D.O. pouted as he looked at Hae Ra again.
 
"What? I didn't know you're so weak. I think this would hurt more." Hae Ra punched D.O. even harder, making D.O. wail, as he defended himself from Hae Ra's punches, that weren't actually painful.
 
They were making so much noise, Kai from outside, even thought D.O. was shouting at her, until he heard laughs coming from both Hae Ra and D.O.
 
*This girl is really something, I think she got the happy virus either from Xiumin or Chanyeol.* Kai wondered as he smiled, glad that D.O. is already alright.
 
"So.. Are you still mad at me? Or, sad?" He Ra tilted her head and asked.
 
D.O. hesitated then shook his head.
"Maybe, a little jealousy? I guess it's best if we can be just best friends. I think after this incident, I'm not prepared for another relationship." D.O. joked which made Hae Ra smile.
 
"But, if Xiumin harms you in anyway, just come to me. I'm your home." D.O. spread out his arms and grinned.
 
"Do Kyungsoo. Don't do anything funny. Xiumin's my home, and you, are my insurance policy." Hae Ra smiled widely and hugged him.
 
*I think it's best if I step back. We can just stay this way, just best friends, true best friends.* D.O. smiled at the thought of it.
 
-----

AHHHH Thank you thank you soooo much for supporting me! Up till now, I have getting 60+ subbies and it actually means a lot to me!! Compared from the time I've started, the number of subscribers and comments really grew and I'm really thankful to all of you who comment and upvote. ^^

I just hope I can continue improving on my writing skills and hope to have another story after this finishes.

In the mean time, my dear readers, continue supporting my story by commenting, subscribing and upvoting! Thank you thank you sooooo much!

 

Love you guys to the max! :D