Xiumin's mum. Adopted son.

Coincidence Memories

 

14.
Xiumin's mum. Adopted son.
 
After 1 hour journey ride, they finally reached Xiumin's house.
"Ahh. Home sweet home." Xiumin closed his eyes and breathed heavily.
 
"Stop standing there, go in," Hae Ra rushed.
 
Xiumin pressed the doorbell and knocked on the door.
"Omma!"
The door opened, and there was a lady in her fifties or sixties standing there with an apron on.
 
"Oh? Xiumin!"
"Omma! I miss you!" Xiumin hugged his mother tightly.
"I miss you too," she replied and smiled, then patted his back.
 
 
--
 
 
"So, who is this?" Xiumin's mother asked.
 
"Ahh. This is Hae Ra, Yoon Hae Ra," Xiumin introduced Hae Ra to his mother.
 
"Annyeonghasaeyo. I'm Hae Ra. Nice to meet you," Hae Ra smiled and bowed.
 
"Ahh. Omma, I'll go up for a while, I kind of missed the home smell," Xiumin said and giggled, then dashing up to his room.
 
"So, Hae Ra ah, how do you find Xiumin?"
 
"Hmm? Eh .. Well, he's quite bubbly and cheerful. He can get well with almost everybody, and there won't be any awkwardness when around him," He Ra said from what she had experienced with Xiumin.
 
"Yeah, I really like this son of mine, just too bad he's not mine," Xiumin's mum muttered, while looking at the staircase, and accidentally said something she shouldn't say.
 
"What? What do you mean by .. Xiumin's not your son?" Hae Ra asked, quite surprised that she said that.
 
"What? What did I say?" Xiumin's mother left her gaze on the staircase and asked Hae Ra to repeat what she had asked.
 
"You said.. Xiumin's not your son, is it, true?" Hae Ra asked once more. She knew she should not ask and be curious, but, just only once she would be this curious.
 
"This secret, I have not told anybody, not even Xiumin. So please, just keep to to yourself," Xiumin's mother said as she took in a deep breath. She didn't know why she want to tell the secret she had kept for years, to somebody she just knew, but it just came to her mind, and just want to let out this burden, this secret.
 
"Well, it all started when he was young, around, 9 years old."
"I came from China, and I saw him passed out on a street there, when I came closer and touched his forehead, I realized that he was having a fever. A high one. I of course immediately rushed him into the hospital and since it was quite serious, they had to do an operation on him," Xiumin's mother cleared and continued.
 
"When he came out, he was still in coma and the doctor said that the fever slightly burned his brain, but it was not too serious, and the doctor also said that there was a possibility that when he wakes up, he may forget who he was."
 
"I stayed in the hospital for 3 days, and finally, he woke up." Xiumin's mum sighed a bit, then continued.
"He didn't know he was, and where he came from, and I guess this is called fate, so I decided to adopt him, and named him Xiumin." She sighed again.
 
Hae Ra was in her thoughts, analyzing everything that Xiumin's mother said.
 
"Then.. Does.. Does Xiumin knew that he.. He was adopted..?" Hae Ra asked.
 
"Well, I haven't .. And I don't plan on telling him..-"
 
"What? I'm not .. Your son..?" Xiumin was on the stairs, listening to the conversation. His grip on the handle tightened until his kunckles turned white. He just came down 5 minutes ago quietly, wanting to give them a surprise from the back, but instead he got a shock, and not them.
 
"Xiumin .." his mother eyes widened.
 
"How could .. How could you not tell me that.. I'm not your son?" Xiumin eyes were filled with sadness and his lips trembled.
 
"I'm .. Sorry," his mother hung her head down.
 
"I can't believe it. I hate people lying to me!" Xiumin ran down the stairs and out of the house.
 
"Xiumin!" Hae Ra cried out.
 
"Auntie.. I'll go and check out Xiumin first, we'll.. We'll see you again next time, bye." Hae Ra quickly dashed out of the house to find Xiumin.
 
 
 
 
 
On the other hand, EXO-K and EXO-M just arrived at Everland was being dragged by Tao to ride on roller coasters.
 
Everyone was on the roller coaster except D.O. and Kai.
 
"Kai, I have something to tell you,"
 
---
 
"Xiumin! Where are you?!" Hae Ra was getting frustrated and also worried.
 
Xiumin went out alone and may not know he is now.
 
"Xiumin.. Where are you..?" Hae Ra whispered.
 
She looked back and front then turned. She ended herself up in a park.
Suddenly, she saw a familiar figure, sitting on a bench facing the ground.
She bent down a little to see his face properly.
"Xiumin.." Hae Ra whispered.
 
"Where did you go? You know that your mother's worried about you right? Don't be mad at her, she was just worried what your reaction will be if you find out you're not her son," Hae Ra ran to his front and said.
 
"I'm not angry at her, I'm angry at myself. For all these years, I didn't notice anything strange. And suddenly my current mother, said I'm not her son. Isn't this absurd?! And now, I want to find my biological parents, but I can't even remember their faces, how they look like. I can't remember a single thing!" Xiumin shouted.
 
"Xiumin.." Hae Ra placed her hand on his shoulder.
 
Xiumin knew he was a bit harsh just now and took in a deep breath to calm himself down.
 
"Sorry, did I startle you again?" Xiumin asked with sad eyes.
 
Hae Ra shook his head.
 
"Actually, I'm already fine, just a bit confused. Hehe." Xiumin tried to lighten up the mood as he forced a smile.
 
"Xiumin, actually, your mother, is your family, she took care of you for so many years, you shouldn't be angry with her right?"
 
Xiumin pouted, "Oh yeah.. I just holding actually have stormed out of the house.. Omo! She must be very worried! Let's go back!" Xiumin cried out and wanted to stand up.
 
"Xiumin, let's go back to SM Academy first. It's getting dark. We can call her later right?"
 
Xiumin nodded and they went back to SM Academy.
 
*Aish this boy, he really can't stay angry or frustrated for long.*
They were taking a taxi back to SM Academy since they had no idea how to take buses back to SM Academy.
 
"Omma! I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have been so rash.. Yeah.. I know.. No.. I'm the one who should be sorry, it's not your fault, you didn't want me to be as upset as I was just now.. Yeah, ok. Omma, I need to go now. Talk to you later sometime alright? Mmm. Ok. Bye!" Xiumin hung up and sighed.
 
*I feel so much better now..*
 
Hae Ra smiled.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
When they reached SM Academy, they were surprised to not see EXO-K and EXO-M back in their dormitory.
 
"That's weird. Where did they go?" Xiumin scratched his head and frowned.
 
Just then, there was a twist in the door knot and EXO-M and EXO-K came in together.
 
"Oh? Hae Ra? Why are you in our dormitory?" Kris asked, pulling out the key from the doorknob.
 
Upon hearing Hae Ra's name, D.O. immediately rushed to the front and smiled widely.
 
"Annyeong!" D.O. waved at Hae Ra and pulled her away from Xiumin which made Xiumin frown.
 
*What's with D.O..? Seriously?!*
 
D.O. pulled Hae Ra away from Xiumin, and easily started a conversation with Hae Ra, laughing and smiling with her.
 
*Hmm.. I smell jealousy in the air..* Kris smirked.
 
-
 
Soon, EXO-K and Hae Ra went back to their own dormitories. Before they went out, D.O. was still putting his arm around Hae Ra and talked non stop.
 
*This D.O. is SERIOUSLY a chatterbox!* Xiumin mentally screamed in his mind.
 
EXO-M went to their own bunks and slept.
 
At night, Xiumin had another dream.
 
-
"Good morning omma! What are we having for breakfast?"
 
"Good morning! Wait, you can't eat first, we're expecting someone, our neighbour asked us to take care of her daughter for the day as she had some important stuff to do. She's coming right now, when you see her, remember to take care of her alright? She's a year younger than you,"
 
Just then, the doorbell rang.
 
"Oh! Annyeong Mrs Yoon! Where's you daughter?"
 
"Annyeong Mrs Kim! Here's my daughter, say hello,"
 
At a corner, he could see her.
 
"Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Yoon Hae Ra." Hae Ra bowed.
 
*Ohh. She's called Yoon Hae Ra.. Hae Ra.. Nice name..*
 
"Son! Please introduce yourself!"
 
"Uh! Coming!"
-
 
-----