Separated

Coincidence Memories

 

27.
Separated.
 
EXO came back to SM Academy in the evening after Music Bank ended, and they all entered Room 11 instead of their dormitory and to be greeted by sleeping He Ra.
 
Xiumin walked over to Hae Ra's side and gently shook her.
 
"Hae Ra ah. Wake up. It's evening, time for dinner," Xiumin whispered and gently shook her shoulders.
 
Hae Ra's eyes slowly fluttered open as she blinked a few times and shot up. "Xiumin? EXO? When did you come in?" Hae Ra smiled brightly as she fixed her hair.
 
"Not too long ago. Let's go for dinner together!" Suho exclaimed, clasping his hands together and went out.
 
Surprisingly, the cafeteria was quite empty, and most of the trainees were already in their dormitories.
 
They all settled down at their usual place and ate their food while talking about the performance in Music Bank.
 
Hae Ra ate her food slowly while smiling brightly at Xiumin. "I saw you guys perform, you were awesome!" she beamed as she ate her food.
 
"Yeah! We were so nervous but when we heard our fans squeals and claps, we were quite relaxed." Suho smiled at the thought of it, then happily dug into his food.
 
"And we are going to get more fans when in the future! When we have more songs, moving out of SM Academy and into our, own dormitories.." Chanyeol's voice trailed off as he knew he said something wrongly, while the rest stayed silent, glancing up at Hae Ra.
 
Baekhyun frowned and elbowed him hard.
 
Hae Ra chewed on her food slowly, trying to ignore what Chanyeol said, as she took a spoonful of her rice and ate more.
She then looked up and forced a smile. "It's a matter of time you move out of SM Academy, so don't worry, I'm prepared for it. I'll make more friends when you're gone of course." She giggled. "I won't forget you, and I hope you won't forget me."
 
"Of course we won't forget you! Actually, you're our very first friend that stayed with us the longest we ever had in SM Academy. Of course we will never ever forget the memories we had together" Baekhyun beamed and slung an arm around her neck.
 
They all smiled and continued eating, but in silence. Soon, they ended their dinner and went back to their own dormitories. Xiumin was the last one to go as he wanted to have some time alone with Hae Ra.
 
He held Hae Ra's hand and swing it as they walked on the grass patch.
None of them made a sound, enjoying the peace and tranquility they had. "I'll be leaving tomorrow, you know that right?" Xiumin asked. "So, you will have enough time to send me off right?" Xiumin asked again, raising his eyebrow at her.
 
Hae Ra stopped in her tracks and forced a smile. Gosh. Forcing a smile numerous times may be quite tiring for her now.
 
"Yup. I will. We will still be communicating right?" Hae Ra her lips nervously and her teeth.
 
"There's a thing called net meeting." Xiumin joked, trying to lighten up the mood and he pressed his lips on her forehead, having her to slightly smile, at least lightening up his mood.
 
They continued to walk until the end, where Hae Ra's dormitory is. Xiumin smiled and placed a kiss on her forehead again, then reluctantly letting go of her hands. Once he let go, he had no idea how long is he going to miss that pair of hands, and had no idea when he would be able grab those two hands again.
 
"I'll get going. Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow." Hae Ra opened the door and stepped in, then closed the door after waving Xiumin goodbye.
 
As she closed the door, she pressed her back on the door, and a tear formed in her eye then slid down her cheek.
She bit her lip, as tomorrow would be the last day she would be seeing Xiumin and EXO live after 6 months.
 
She slowly sat on her bed and grabbed her bolster, hugging it tightly, then drifting off to sleep, with those tears staining the bolster.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The next morning came too soon for EXO and Hae Ra as EXO-K would be moving out of SM Academy, and EXO-M leaving for China.
 
 
"Can't believe it's been 4 years since we came to SM Academy, and now we have to move out." Suho sighed, as he looked at Room 15, the room where EXO-K trained for 4 years.
 
EXO-K nodded in agreement. No one would bear to leave SM Academy, but they have already debuted and from trainees, to artistes.
 
"You have 15 minutes before you go to your new apartment. You can look around SM Academy before going." Sukjin said as he hugged every EXO-M member and patted their backs, while EXO-K was outside of Room 11, looking at their training room.
 
EXO looked around SM Academy. They passed by the court where the campfire was held every year and this is the last year they were going to be present for the campfire. Xiumin was starting to regret why he didn't participate in the campfire every year because he knew he wouldn't have the choice to.
 
They passed by the cafeteria, where all those memories with Hae Ra eating together was brought back, and now Hae Ra is going to eat alone without them, hopefully she could make some new friends.
 
They passed by their dormitories, where in the previous years they were in SM Academy, before Hae Ra came in, they were young and  childish, playing hide and seek, pillow fights and even had arguments. Their sleeping place, their heaven after training. They are not going to sleep in there again, they're going for a new dormitory, although it may be bigger, but there was nothing as fun as here in the SM Academy dormitories, and won't held as much memories as they had in here.
They passed by Hae Ra's dormitory, and wondered what Hae Ra's currently doing. Sleeping maybe?
Hae Ra still didn't come out of her dormitory, even though she knew that EXO would be leaving soon.
 
They passed by their training rooms once again. Their sweat, pain, laughter and most of the times they had together with Hae Ra and their instructor, were all in that room.
 
They passed by almost every place in SM Academy, but didn't cover all, 15 minutes couldn't actually cover all of SM Academy.
 
"I would really miss this place.." Sehun sadly pouted and lowered his head, getting on the van.
 
Their 15 minutes were up, and EXO-K and EXO-M went to their respective vans, as they were going to different places.
 
They lifted their luggages into the boot and closed it shut. Every member in EXO-K got in, and they departed first before EXO-M.
 
Every member in EXO-M was already in the van, while Xiumin was waiting for Hae Ra's dormitory door to open, but there was no movement. *Hae Ra, come out please. Don't tell me you really won't send me off.*
 
"Xiumin! Get on the van. We're leaving soon." Kris shouted, hurrying him.
 
Xiumin then sighed and went into the van. He looked at He Ra's dormitory once again, before closing the door shut, and going to the airport.
 
 
"No no no! I'm late!" Hae Ra shouted at her own reflection in the mirror as she tied her hair into a ponytail and grabbed her bag before running out of SM Academy and onto a taxi.
 
"Incheon Airport please!" Hae Ra urged and kept fidgeting throughout the entire journey, fiddling with her fingers anxiously, while she looked out of the window. *Xiumin please don't board the plane too soon..*
 
 
 
Xiumin was looking around the airport while dragging his luggage towards the departure hall.
 
*Hae Ra.. Where are you? Did you really forget about today?*
 
"Xiumin, hurry." Kris said as he was queuing up to enter the departure hall. Just as Xiumin was about to enter the departure hall, a familiar voice called out, having Hae Ra to pant heavily, shouting out his name. "Kim Minseok!" 
 
No one has ever known his real name, only, Hae Ra. Xiumin's ears perked up at that familar voice, and he quickly turned and before he knew it, he was engulfed in a hug by Hae Ra, as she closed her eyes.
She thought she wouldn't be able to see Xiumin again.
 
"Ca-n't bre-athe." Xiumin gasped for air before Hae Ra released him.
 
"Kris, give us a few minutes." Xiumin said.
 
Kris smiled and nodded his head, then went with the other EXO-M members into the departure hall, and wait for Xiumin.
 
Since they were in sunglasses, not a lot of people would realize that they're EXO-M.
 
"Hae Ra, I thought you won't remember." Xiumin smiled widely at Hae Ra, while she just shrugged. "Pabo, of course I will remember. This is the last time I will be seeing you after six months, I definitely won't forget." Hae Ra smiled, as their noses touched and their forehead leaned on each other's, grinning at each other.
 
Hae Ra straightened herself up, as she tilted her chin and wondered. "Ah yes. Did you bring your passport? What about clothes? Ah yes! Thick winter clothes! It's going to be cold there at China in late October, so you better wear thick clothes or else you'll catch a cold." Hae Ra nagged, as she started counting her fingers, muttering to herself.
 
Xiumin just nodded as she listed the things that needed to be brought to China. 
"What about some sleeping pills? You do know that the timing in China is different from Korea right, so maybe just one or two will do the trick. Painkillers! It can help you if you have any headaches on the ride. Hmm, and what about-" Hae Ra was cut off by Xiumin pressing his lips against hers, and deepening the kiss as he nudged her closer, while Hae Ra blinked at him then closing her eyes, smiling while kissing. Xiumin leaned in more for a deep and passionate kiss, as only after six months then he could kiss her again.
 
They had to pull away by an interrupting voice coming from the departure hall, that came from EXO-M shaking their heads and wagging their fingers at them, while Tao frowned at them. R21. Tao mouthed, as his frown slowly turned into a goofy grin and he wiggled his eyebrows at them.
 
Xiumin and Hae Ra just bit their lips amd looked down, smiling at each other as their foreheads touched once again.
 
"Remember to call me when you're there. And don't stress yourself out." Hae Ra whispered softly.
 
"Arasso, and if you have any problems, tell EXO-K, no matter how far they are, they will still help you. They promised me." Xiumin gave an assuring smile.
 
"Even without you telling them, they would still do the same. Unless.. You threatened them?" Hae Ra pointed a finger at Xiumin.
 
Xiumin tapped his chin, then eyed Hae Ra. "Threaten? You really think that the Kim Minseok you know for than half of your life really resorts to threatening? And what do you mean by threatening? Pointing a knife at them or kicking their soft spot so that they will go soprano for a week?" Xiumin chuckled.
 
"Yah! I didn't know you were that bad!" Hae Ra pouted and smacked his arm.
 
"Yah.. You're quite strong for a woman you know?" Xiumin playfully joked as he massaged his arm.
 
"Want another smack on you arm? Or a punch?" Hae Ra innocently tilted her head and lifted up her fist and clenched it tightly.
 
They both held hands and chuckled, then remained silent for a few seconds. Xiumin then now that it was time to go and reluctantly pulled away. "I gotta go. I'll.. See you, on net meeting alright?" Xiumin kissed her forehead as he prevented himself from crying as to be separated from He Ra.
 
He Ra bit her lip and gave a strong nod. "Remember the dust cap, and the photo we had on the ferris wheel," Hae Ra whispered, while Xiumin nodded and took out his phone, having his wallpaper to be their photo they took on the ferris wheel, and the pink panda as the dust cap.
 
Xiumin then reluctantly turned his back on her, and went towards the departure hall, a tear sliding down his cheek as he quickly wiped it away with the back of his hand and went in to be with EXO-M.
He turned to face Hae Ra once again and did a slight wave to her, and Hae Ra waved back and smiled.
 
When Xiumin went further into the departure hall, Hae Ra let her tears flow down her cheeks as she bit her lip.
 
No more eating with Xiumin.
No more smiling and laughing with Xiumin.
No more holding hands with Xiumin.
No more kissing each other and having pecks on her forehead.
No more having cold jokes by Xiumin.
Only after six months.
 
Hae Ra then wiped her tears and walked towards the exit of the airport and back to SM Academy.
 
*Just 6 months. I endured seven years, of course I can handle this.* Hae Ra convinced herself as she went into the taxi and to SM Academy.
 
-----