That Photo

Coincidence Memories

4.

That photo.
 
"Ring!!!!!!" the alarm clock rang and Hae Ra switched off her alarm clock as she groggily sat up from her bed. She lazily rubbed her eyes and squinted, then mentally whined as she got off the bed and dragged her body to the bathroom to wash up.
Hae Ra then went out of her dormitory and to Room11 to train.
 
It has been a few days, and close to a week where Hae Ra has entered SM Academy and made her new friends, and also her friends that has been with her for the longest in her whole life. No one has a been her friend for longer than a week, as well, her friends in her hometown are filthy rich and also spoilt, while in her hometown, she's the odd one out. Being an orphan and also being a poor orphan, made everyone in her hometown detest her.
 
Well, who cares, thought Hae Ra. She now has EXO-M, and she tried to forget about her sad life, and having fun with EXO-M. Hae Ra has been getting warmer and more comfortable with EXO-M thanks to Xiumin. She no longer finds the ground interesting, well, maybe sometimes, and her words now hardly come out as a whisper.
 
Hae Ra interacts more with EXO-M, and finds that they are nice people, really nice, unlike those people in her hometown.
 
Hae Ra entered room 11 and as usual, saw EXO-M already doing stretches.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After 4 hours of non stop training, EXO-M and Hae Ra were given a break.
 
Both EXO-M and Hae Ra were exhausted and sat a corner, letting the cold air cool them down as they drank their water to quench their thirst.
 
While having a break, an idea popped out from Tao's brain. 
 
"Hey, come here," Tao gestured EXO-M to come nearer to him.
 
All of them went to a corner and Kris asked, "Tao, why did you call us?"
 
Tao had a sly grin on his face and said, "Heh. I really want to visit Hae Ra's dormitory. So I'm planning, for all of us to go to her room tonight and it can also be a welcome party in joining the SM Academy and Room 11!" Tao smiled brightly.
 
EXO-M went silent for a while as they were considering whether it's a good idea until Chen spoke up.
"Hmm, Tao has a great idea," Chen said while tapping his chin.
 
"But, Hae Ra's is so timid and shy, what of she gets a shock of her life when all 6 of us comes into her room and, dies from a heart attack?!" Xiumin exaggerated and panicked. He considered Tao's idea to be a good one, but he also thought about the consequences and the negative things that would happen.
 
"Touchwood!" All 5 of them said aloud.
 
From part of the room, Hae Ra could hear them. She looked straight at them and asked, "what are you guys doing?" she tilted her head.
 
"Nothing nothing!" Lay waved his hands frantically. Hae Ra raised an eyebrow and looked at them suspiciously, while all 6 of them just stared back, blinking non stop. Hae Ra then shurgged and continued drinking her water.
 
EXO-M then heaved a sigh of relief. "Hae Ra's been quite comfortable with us these days, so it shouldn't be a problem," Luhan pointed out, and after discussing more, all 6 of them agreed.
 
 
---
 
 
"So.. 10.00pm. Sharp. Gather the things needed, charge in at 10.05pm, we will stay there around 10.15pm and prepare everything by 10.45pm. No delays, alright?" Tao instructed.
 
"Isn't it suppose to be Kris handling it?" Luhan asked.
 
"I was the one who suggested it! So I must be the one who takes charge of it. So now, dismissed!" Tao beamed as that was the first time he took charge of something, all by himself.
 
EXO-M then dispersed and went back to training.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
During dinner, Hae Ra couldn't find EXO-M anywhere and just decided to sit at the usual bench and eat.
 
*I wonder where they went*
 
While on the other hand, EXO-M were gathering stuff to prepare for the surprise party in Hae Ra's dormitory.
 
"Alright. Everything done?" Tao asked.
 
EXO-M nodded.
 
"Yippee! Alright let's go to the canteen I'm starving," Xiumin ran but was being pulled back by Lay.
 
Xiumin groaned and stomped back to the group.
 
"All we gotta do is act normal. And remember! 10.00pm sharp. Alright? Dismissed!" Tao said and led EXO-M to the canteen.
 
"Gahh. I hate this maknae." Chen grumbled and stomped off.
 
 
 
 
 
 
They arrived at the canteen and saw Hae Ra chewing on her food alone on a bench.
 
"Hae Ra!" Xiumin waved and beamed.
 
Hae Ra turned and saw Xiumin and EXO-M waving at her. She smiled and waved back, and gestured them to come.
 
"Where did you go?" Hae Ra asked.
 
"Er.. Erm. Eh hem." Lay elbowed Tao.
 
"What? Erm.. We.. We went to the toilet! Together!" Tao lied.
 
"Going to the toilet together? That's something guys hardly do .." Hae Ra said while chewing on her food.
Not being able to detect their lie, EXO-M heaved a sigh of relief and went to eat their dinner.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Soon it was 9.30pm and everyone were to report to bed.
 
Hae Ra walked back to her own dormitory after waving back to EXO-M.
 
She went in and laid on her bed. She took out the photo of her childhood lover and looked deeply into his eyes.
 
*Just 4 more days. I can go out. I hope to see you there. I hope to..* and again, she drifted off to sleep, holding the photo in her hands.
 
The clock struck 10 and quickly, EXO-M assembled at the door of Hae Ra's room.
 
"Alright. I'll use this bobby pin and you guys go in, on the count of three. 1,2,-"
 
"Wait wait wait. On three or after three?" Tao interrupted Kris.
 
EXO-M groaned and threw their hands up in despair.
 
"Just go, when I say go," Kris hissed and opened the door with the bobby pin.
 
*Click*
 
"Come on! Get in get in!" Kris opened the door carefully not to make any sound.
 
One by one, EXO-M went inside and last, Xiumin went in.
 
They tried to be as quiet as they can be and put on the decorations.
 
Xiumin took the flashlight and flashed it around, the light then landed on Hae Ra, then down to her hands, where the photo was.
 
The photo caught the attention of Xiumin.
He went forward and the light zoomed in onto the photo.
That boy in the picture was around 7 to 9 years old.
 
*That boy, he looks so alike.. Like I have seen him before* Xiumin used the torchlight to tap his chin. He then shine on the photo again and squinted his eyes, then his eyes and mouth both widened. *He looks exacly like ..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Me.*
 
-----