Attempts

Coincidence Memories

 

13.
Attempts.
 
-------
 
"Bwoh?! You have a crus-" D.O. immediately covered Kai's mouth.
 
"Shh. Not so loud." D.O. frowned.
 
"You crazy?! But Hae Ra doesn't like you! You just know her for like .. A day or two?" Kai spoke.
 
"I know, but, she's nice.. And, sweet, and encouraging, shy but kind hearted, and hardworking, ah. And even-" Before D.O. could continue, Kai had already interrupted him.
 
"Yeah yeah I get it alright? Everything started with this thing called 'love at first sight' right? I get it? But are you sure you really like her? And not infatuation? Because it's two separate things right?" Kai asked to clarify some doubts.
 
"I don't know, but whenever I see her, my heart would always beat at a faster pace, and there will be butterflies in my stomach, and whenever she's near me, I'm blind."
 
"What the hell are you talking about Do Kyungsoo, you're just around her fro a few minutes and you become blind? Seriously?"
 
"I mean, when I see her, I couldn't see anything except for her, and I can't find any flaws in her, she's, perfect," D.O. said, obviously smitten.
 
"Aright, whatever you said, let's talk about it tomorrow, it's getting later. Goodnight," Kai yawned as he pulled the covered over him.
 
"Goodnight then," D.O. replied and slept.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
After that night, D.O. has been waking up quite early but doesn't find it tiring, and kept going to Hae Ra's doorstep, waiting for her to wake up and eat new dishes made by him for breakfast. And by that, not only did their friendship grew stronger, D.O.'s crush for her grew stronger and he was more determined to succeed. Sometimes, he would wake up at the usual time as Hae Ra didn't want him to wake up so early just for her. They talked and laughed during breakfast and lunch, sometimes.
 
On the other hand, Xiumin was lonely and irritated.
D.O. kept interrupting his time with Hae Ra, and he could only talk with her during lunch whenever EXO-K was not around.
And not only that, he had been getting more and more flashbacks when he was young, yet, he still didn't know who he was when he was young.
 
Sometimes, D.O. would attempt to confess to Hae Ra about his feelings for her during lunch or during breakfast, but was always interrupted by Xiumin or EXO, mostly by Xiumin.
 
And once, he tried on a Sunday.
 
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
 
"Hae Ra! Today is free Sunday! After 2 weeks, we finally had a free Sunday!" D.O. beamed, as he planned to take her out and confess to her.
 
"Would you like to come out with me for today? Just today?" D.O. pleaded.
 
Before Hae Ra could reply, Xiumin popped out behind Hae Ra and said, "Sorry, but Hae Ra promised to go out with us, EXO-M, that time she promised us, and since today is free Sunday, she HAS to go with us. Thanks! Bye!" And not even waiting for D.O.'s reply, Xiumin grabbed Hae Ra's wrist and happily skipped out of SM Academy.
 
"Yah. Xiumin, where are we going? Where's EXO-M?" Hae Ra was trying to keep up with Xiumin's speed.
 
"I have no idea too~" Xiumin continued to skip happily.
 
"What?!" Hae Ra stopped which made Xiumin skidded to a stop, almost making him fall.
 
"So where are we going?" Hae Ra calmed herself down.
 
"My mother's house," Xiumin casually replied, looking around for any buses to go to his mother's house.
 
"Then what about EXO-M? What about D.O.? What about EXO-K? I should also spend some time with them since I just met them a few weeks ago right?" Hae Ra said.
 
"I messaged Kris that we would be going out together to visit my mother and that they should complain or anything, even though Tao complained and whined the most, and EXO-K, instructor told me that there would be another free Sunday next week, so it wouldn't be a problem for you to go out with them, just that I have to be with them together with EXO-M, and as for D.O.," Xiumin stopped looking around for any bus directories and looked at Hae Ra.
"I must be present when you meet him, I think he is kind of erm.. Being obsessed with you." Xiumin frowned at the thought of him being obsessed with Hae Ra, not a good thought.
 
Hae Ra chuckled, then suddenly burst out laughing.
"I think being obsessed over me it you Xiumin. He just wants to know me. Like you! You were talking to me non stop when you first met me right? Besides, I'm still your very first friend right? I still didn't tell him about my past you know .." Hae Ra said.
 
"And you know that I tell my personal life to the one CLOSEST to mee.."
 
"Really?! I mean, of course I know that I'm still your very first best friend. And even if I wanna go into a relationship further than that, that would be impossible cause you still can't get over your erm, childhood lover which that means even if D.O. wants to be in a relationship with you.. You won't accept him! Yay!!!" Xiumin beamed and jumped for joy, even though he's being jealous of Hae Ra's childhood friend, for he is the only one that Hae Ra will be with, but he's glad that D.O. won't stand a chance.
 
Sometimes Xiumin also wants to meet that person Hae Ra's looking for. He wondered how did he look like, and what made him let Hae Ra so persistent in finding him and not going into another relationship. And sometimes, Xiumin even thought of punching him as he left Hae Ra for 7 years and didn't even come back for her, letting Hae Ra be so fragile, until she met him, and EXO-M.
 
Hae Ra shook her head and smiled.
"Yeah yeah. You're right. And, since you look like my childhood friend, I MAY wanna consider you to be in a relationship you know," Hae Ra joked and eyed him from head to toe.
 
*I still can't believe that Xiumin looks exactly like him..*
 
"Haha. Of course." Xiumin was filled with pride, and slightly blushed.
 
"Okay. That's enough. Let's go before I hurt your ego Xiumin," Hae Ra chuckled and grabbed his arm and walked towards the bus stop.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I still can't believe Xiumin ditched us for Hae Ra!" Tao frowned and pouted.
 
"I too, can't believe that D.O. actually planned to go out with Hae Ra without us," Kai glared at D.O.
 
EXO-K and EXO-M were sitting in EXO-M dormitory, nothing to do but talk.
 
"Why don't we go out together? Lotte World?" Baekhyun suggested.
 
Upon hearing that, EXO-M except Tao gulped and glared at him, they thought about the experience they had during the trip previously to Lotte World.
 
"Or maybe not. Everland?" Baekhyun suggested once more, hoping it was a good suggestion.
 
This time, EXO-M didn't object or glared at him, and it was decided.
 
D.O. sighed *This day's supposed to be only for me and Hae Ra alone. I even planned to confess to her..*
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"So which bus should we take after this? Mr, sense-of-direction-?" Hae Ra sarcastically asked Xiumin.
 
They had changed bus thrice and first, they went to the wrong bus stop, second, they overshot and third, they were on the wrong bus and now, lost.
 
Xiumin gulped and slightly smiled, "Let's take a taxi."
 
They alighted and flagged for a taxi.
 
While waiting, Hae Ra said, "I can't believe it. You don't know how to go to your mother's place? At all?"
 
"Sorry, but it's been a long time. It's only she visits me and not I, visiting her. And whenever I visit her, I would always take a taxi with EXO-M since Kris would always pay," Xiumin said apologetically while looking for a taxi left and right.
 
Finally, after 15 minutes of waiting under the hot sun, they got into a taxi.
 
-----