Her past

Coincidence Memories

 

5.
That similarity
 
*That boy, he looks exactly like me. But I don't remember taking a photo at that age. I don't remember meeting Hae Ra. I don't remember anything about her. How did that photo landed in her hands?* there were so many questions forming in Xiumin's head.
 
Who? Where? When? Why? What? How?
 
Suddenly, a voice broke his train of thoughts.
 "Yah! Gege! Stop daydreaming at Hae Ra! She's mine! And quickly get to work! It's 10.30pm. We're suppose to finish it by 10.45pm!" Tao hissed in a low voice, not wanting to wake Hae Ra up.
 
"Uh. Yup. Alright. Okay." Xiumin said, walking away from Hae Ra's sleeping figure and the photo, but his eyes were still on the boy in the picture.
Not looking where he went, he suddenly banged onto the wall.
 
BANG!
 
"Ow!" Xiumin groaned in pain and stumbled backward.
 
"Yah! Yah! Xiumin! Not too loud! Yah! Behind you! Be careful! Don't-" Xiumin's fall made Lay speechless as his mouth dropped wide open and he stared dumbfounded at Xiumin.
 
BANG! 
 
"Xiumin.." Chen face palmed himself.
 
Xiumin landed on the ground with a loud thud.
 
"Ow ow. My .." Xiumin groaned in pain while rubbing his with his right hand and rubbed his forehead with his left hand.
 
"Xiumin! You're gonna wake Hae Ra up!" Tao pouted and stomped his feet.
 
"Enough. Let's just try to finish as much as we can before Hae Ra wakes up," Kris suggested.
 
EXO-M nodded and quickly did their best to finish it up.
 
*I can't get this thing out of my leg!* Xiumin was trying to pull out his leg that was stuck in a bucket.
After sometime, he just gave up and kept making noises whenever he walked.
 
*I thought I heard some people talking.. There's more than one voice.* Hae Ra fidgeted as she thought, but she didn't open her eyes as she thought it was just her imagination. *Does it mean.. There's burglars?!* at the thought of it, Hae Ra immediately shot up. She saw that it was pitch black, but at a corner, she could see flashlights. She screamed in terror and switched on the lights.
To her surprise it was EXO-M, and also.. A mess in her room.
 
EXO-M were dumbfounded. They stayed in the positions frozen.
Tao quickly shook his head and rubbed the back of his neck. "Surprise, Hae Ra? Hehe. It's suppose to be a surprise party, but it's now .. A mess," Tao's voice trailed off.
 
Hae Ra just froze at her position for a few seconds, before snapping out of her thoughts and let out a sudden chuckle at how Xiumin's foot got stuck in a bucket, and the mess EXO-M made.
 
*They really are clumsy, and funny*
 
Hae Ra quickly cleared . "Thanks guys, but don't you find it .. tiring?"
"Anyway I appreciate but, next time don't do it again." Hae Ra pointed out.
She then look at each and every EXO-M member and asked, "Erm. So, there's no food?"
 
Lay immediately shot up, "There is of course! No party could last without food!"
He brought out chips, cup noddles, drinks.
 
"Lay. You really came prepared. Erm.. So let's eat," Hae Ra suggested.
 
They then say at a corner and started eating and playing.
 
At that moment, Hae Ra felt the warm feeling overwhelming her, she hadn't felt the feeling of it for quite a long time. It was like EXO-M were her family, her brothers. She felt close to them, not just close, but extremely close even though they knew each other for like only around a week.
 
On the other hand, Xiumin was observing her closely.
*Where did she get the photo of me?! Did she stalk me? All the way to SM Academy?! Omo. That's creepy. No no. It can't. I don't remember taking pictures like that.*
 
Hae Ra caught Xiumin looking at her and tilted her head and stared at him.
Xiumin quickly looked away and pretended to look around the room, not having eye contact with Hae Ra.
She shrugged and continued eating and playing with EXO-M.
 
 
 
---
 
 
Soon, EXO-M had to go back to their dormitory and before they went, they helped clean up the room, especially Xiumin since he was the one who created most of the mess.
 
When they finished, Hae Ra waved at them, and one by one, they left the room. When she closed the door, thinking that everyone has left, she saw Xiumin standing at a corner staring at her.
"Omo. Xiumin. You should go back with EXO-M," Hae Ra said and when she wanted to open the door, Xiumin grabbed her wrist.
He took out the photo of the boy and asked,"Who's this? Isn't this me? Did you stalk me?"
 
Hae Ra's eyes widened upon seeing the photo was in Xiumin's hands. She grabbed it and quickly placed it into her pocket.
"How.. How did you get that?" Hae Ra stuttered and looked down.
 
"I asked you the question first, answer me." Xiumin immediately turned serious.
 
Hae Ra lowered her head even more,"He's .. He's my .. Childhood lover. My first love,"
 
"Why, why did he look exactly like me?" Xiumin curiosity grew even more.
 
"He's my first friend. My first childhood friend. My first love. I spent most of my time at his house when I was young since my parents were busy with their own stuff. He thought me how to make friends, how to smile, he thought me a lot of stuff, he was the one that protected me from the children in my hometown. The children in my hometown, were rich and spoilt, that's why they detest people like me, who's an orphan and also poor, and that's also why I don't make friends with them. However, he's different from them, although he's rich like them, but he's not a jerk, not spoilt, and most importantly, he doesn't detest people who is poor and can't be compared to his status." Hae Ra sat at her bed and smiled, while reminiscing the moments she spent her time with him. She continued, "He was my only friend at that time. And after my Mum's death, he was the only person I relied on. But he.. He left me." Hae Ra choked back a sob.
 
"He said he would come back for me. He promised me. He left me only a picture of him. It's been almost 7 years, every year, I would always meet him at the usual place we went when we were young. He promised he would meet me there. But it has been almost 7 years, and not a single soul of him could be seen there." Hae Ra's eyes were filled with misery.
"And when I saw you, I thought you were him. But your name's Xiumin. It's impossible for you to be him.
I guess it's just coincidence, and now his face is fading away from my memory, so this is the only thing that made me remember him," Hae Ra let out a sigh. "But I will be meeting him again in a few days time. I hope to meet him there," Hae Ra smiled at the thought of meeting him there.
 
Xiumin thought, *No wonder she was so shy back then, she just lost her only person she could rely on.. Only person she could rely on.. She, loved him..* Xiumin thought and somehow, he bit his lip as a tincy wincy bit of jealousy took over his mind, but he shook it away and tried to comfort Hae Ra.
 
"Hae Ra ah, I didn't know your life was this complicated. Is there anything I can help?" Xiumin asked, hoping he could help Hae Ra a helping hand.
 
"Ani. My life is not that complicated. Well, there's a thing that you can help me.."
"What is it?! Tell me! Tell me!"
"Okay. Calm down. When I was with you and EXO-M, I really felt that warm feeling I had whenever I was with my family. Just be my friends. That would be the best."
"Just .. That..? It's easy! Even if you don't ask, we will still be your very best friends!"
 
Hae Ra chuckled and smiled. *I hope you won't give empty promises and leave me for 7 years, like what he did to me ..*
 
At this time, there was a knock on the door.
 
"Yah! Xiumin! Are you in there? Come out!" Kris shouted while banging the door.
 
"Go, or else Kris will knock down my door," He Ra joked.
 
Xiumin pouted then nodded, and dragged his feet to the door and went out.
 
When he closed the door, there were noises making outside, most of them were Tao's whining and complains about Xiumin staying with Hae Ra longer than he stayed.
 
*These boys..* Hae Ra slightly chuckled and shook her head, while going back to her bed and sleep.
 
-----