Regaining Memory, Piece by Piece

Coincidence Memories

 

16.
Regaining memory, piece by piece.
 
 
"Omo!" Xiumin woke up with a shock.
 
Kris opened one eye and rubbed his eyes. "Yah.. Xiumin.. Why did you wake up so early? We're starting later than usual today.. Go back to sleep.." Kris woke up groaning and went back to sleep again.
 
"Omo! Hyung Hyung! I .. I ..-" Before Xiumin could complete his sentence, he was interrupted by Kris's loud snoring.
 
"Sigh .. He's sleeping. I just regained had this memory.. Someone's parents.." Xiumin closed his eyes as he rubbed his temples, trying to remember the faces of the people that popped up in his mind.
 
"Wait. It's my parents! My birth parents!" Xiumin shouted and quickly covered his mouth as Kris was still sleeping with the rest of EXO-M members.
 
"Urgh.." Xiumin sat up with a groan, since he couldn't sleep anymore, he got up to wash up and went to Hae Ra's dormitory.
 
 
 
 
 
Xiumin banged on the door. "Hae Ra! It's Xiumin! Open up!"
 
After a few minutes of banging, the door finally opened, to reveal Hae Ra half woken, as she lazily rubbed her eyes and squinted to see Xiumin smiling at her.
 
"Oh? Xiumin? Why are you up so early? Training starts at 8-" Before Hae Ra could complete her sentence, she was engulfed in a hug by Xiumin.
 
He hugged Hae Ra tightly, as he slightly jumped."Hae Ra! I remembered about my parents! I remembered!" Xiumin beamed.
 
Being so close to Xiumin for the first time, she slightly blushed at the skin contact she had with Xiumin, as she slightly squirmed and awkwardly smiled at him. "Uh, Xiumin, you can let go of me now."
 
"Uh.. Sorry.." Xiumin immediately took back his hands and rubbed his neck sheepishly.
"It's alright, but why did you come so early?" Hae Ra asked. "And why did you, hug me?" Hae Ra blushed, slightly embarrassed at her last question that she asked.
"Oh well.. Can we go inside and talk?"
 
 
 
 
 
"Sit." Hae Ra gestured Xiumin to sit on the bed with her.
 
"Hae Ra!" Xiumin exclaimed happily.
"I finally remembered about my parents! My father is called Kim Donggil and my mother is called, called.." Xiumin frowned and scratched his head, trying to remember who his mother is. "Aish I can't remember! I guess she's called HyeIn?" Xiumin looked up as he tried remembering the faces and names.
 
"After 2 weeks, god finally pitied me! Thank you thank you!" Xiumin began chanting in Chinese and bowing continuously.
 
*HyeIn.. Sounds familiar..* Hae Ra thought as Xiumin's biological mother's name rang a bell. She shook the thought away as she just smiled.
"See? I told you, don't stress out and let it come to you. Maybe I should teach you some yoga so you will relax," Hae Ra joked.
 
"Ah yes. There was one more person in my memory, someone very important, but I just can't seem to remember.."  Xiumin pouted.
"I didn't know that the memory would just suddenly come back to me. It's like .. Something triggered it, and poof. I got the memory," Xiumin wondered, while scratching his head.
 
"Haha. It may be that time when you fell on the ground with a loud thud in my dormitory and I also considered hiring a worker to fix the tiles in case you broke it," Hae Ra chuckled and joked.
"Yah. Don't make me sound so heavy alright? It's only my cheeks that get bigger whenever I eat and not my body," Xiumin pouted.
 
"Did you tell anybody else about remembering your parents besides me?" Hae Ra asked.
 
Xiumin shook his head. "Nope. I wanted to tell Kris when I woke up, but he went back to sleep and I instinctively went up to your door to tell you, I just wanna share with you this piece of good news."
They laughed and joked like old times, finally without D.O. interrupting them.
 
"I'll go wash up first. Sit here first alright?" Hae Ra walked to the restroom, and just then, Xiumin was suddenly having another migraine attack.
 
*Urgh, why did this migraine come again after 2 weeks..* Xiumin clutched his head and shook it.
 
---
 
During training, Xiumin was getting migraines because of failing to remember his past and was always distracted.
 
It was also the same during lunch, when D.O. and Hae Ra was sitting beside each other, D.O. slung an arm around Hae Ra and chatted happily, and every time Hae Ra would always lean forward to see how Xiumin was behind D.O.
 
"Xiumin, are you alright? You seem like getting migraines recently.." Hae Ra asked worriedly and frowned.
 
"I'm.. I'm alright, I'll go to the toilet for a while." Xiumin stood up and was trying to keep his balance, watching his step.
 
Making use of the point that Xiumin was not around, D.O. quickly grabbed Hae Ra's arm and went to the fountain, while Kai looked up from his food, seeing D.O. about to confess to Hae Ra. *Good luck then.*
 
-Flashback-
"D.O., don't act rash, please." Kai pleaded. They were talking when they were at Everland with EXO and D.O. was planning to confess to Hae Ra.
 
"I must strike while the iron is hot. Can't you see how Hae Ra and I are getting along now? She trusts me a lot." D.O. reasoned out.
 
For this type of relationship, D.O. was being quite rush and not thinking properly.
 
Kai sighed and shook his head.*Then can you see that Xiumin and Hae Ra are getting along better than you?*
 
"Besides, it's like Hae Ra tells me about her personal life, like how she got in and all those stuff.." D.O. grinned while remembering those memories they had together and laughing and grinning non stop because of their embarrassing moments when they are young, but D.O didn't know about Hae Ra's past,
 
*Well, bet you didn't know that Hae Ra told more stuff about her to Xiumin than you right?* Kai sighed a little bit louder, now finding D.O. is really smitten.
 
"Just wish me good luck. Tomorrow, I'm gonna confess. If tomorrow I can't, I'll just try it every week," D.O. seems determined, and it seems like whatever Kai tells him, it's just going to encourage him more, and not knocking some sense into his brain.
 
"Don't be rash D.O. You can't rush love, you can't rush Hae Ra." Kai tried reasoning out.
 
"I have thought about it thoroughly. I really like her, her personality, inside and out of her, it's really like.. She's a gift for me from heaven. I'm not gonna let this opportunity go. Just wish me luck, alright?" and with that, D.O. left to find the other EXO-K members, not even giving Kai another chance to talk him out.
-End of Flashback-
 
"D.O., where are we going?"
 
D.O. stopped at the fountain and turned to face her in the face. He stepped closer, making Hae Ra stepped back.
 
"D.O.. What .. What are you doing?" Hae Ra asked.
 
D.O. cupped both of her cheeks and said, "Hae Ra ah, I want you to listen very carefully alright?"
Hae Ra looked down at her cheeks then up at him. "What's wrong? You're acting strange today."
"When I first saw you, I thought you were an angel." 
Hae Ra chuckled and joked. "Uh huh. That's what everybody said about me."
 
"Hae Ra, I'm serious. It was like, you were a gift from heaven, sent for me, asking me to cherish you,"
 
At that time, Xiumin came out of the restroom and saw D.O., occupying all the space between him and Hae Ra.
 
He tried his best to walk as fast as possible, and sneaked up on Hae Ra and D.O, squinting.
 
"Yoon Hae Ra, I just want to tell you this," D.O. looked at Hae Ra with affectionate eyes, and before he could continue, Xiumin cleared his throat.
 
They both looked at pale face Xiumin standing there looking at both of them.
 
Hae Ra immediately stepped back and slightly pushed D.O.'s hands away from her and went to help Xiumin, in case he loses his balance or anything.
 
"Hae Ra, I .. I have something to tell you, come with me," Xiumin weakly stretched his hand out but slowly took it back when D.O pushed Hae Ra to his back.
 
"Xiumin, I have something to tell Hae Ra too." D.O. said sternly.
 
"D.O.. Don't make me.."
"So what?"
 
Xiumin's fists clenched tightly and he let out a deep breath.
"Hae Ra, I have something very important to tell you. D.O., just give me a second alright?"
 
"No."
 
"Do Kyungsoo."
 
"Yah.." Hae Ra could feel the tension in the air and tried to break the two of them up.
 
"Xiumin. Let me repeat myself, it's a no." 
Xiumin gulped and tried to stay strong, not wanting to pass out.
"I'm not gonna let-" D.O. was interrupted by a thud on the floor.
 
"Xiumin!" Hae Ra immediately rushed to his side.
 
Xiumin fainted. He could hear Hae Ra's voice calling for him.
His eyes were semi opened and he had a flashback before he passed out.
 
-Flashback-
"Stop bullying Hae Ra!"
 
"So what if I?" Hongchan smirked and punched him.
He fell flat on the ground with a groan.
 
"Oppa! Oppa! Don't faint!" Hae Ra was on the brim of tears and was holding him.
"Oppa! Don't go! Oppa! Minseok oppa!" Hae Ra was shouting at him.
 
-
 
 
-----