Memories

Coincidence Memories

30.

Memories.

"Xiumin, where are we going exactly?" Hae Ra groaned, pushing her glasses that was sliding down, being dragged by Xiumin who was in disguise with his sunglasses and his bushy fake moustache.

He looked around the shopping mall, always pushing his thick glasses up his nose, then ran to take the elevator, with his mustache flying, attempting to come out.

 
He looked around suspiciously, then clearing his throat, avoiding the cashier's gaze. "Two tickets. 12.30 pm show. Lady of Heart," he whispered and looked around, avoiding people's gaze. Hae Ra sighing softly to herself and smiled.
 
"Xiumin you're overreacting. If you are going to continue doing this then you are really attracting everyone's attention." She sighed. "Even if people can't recognize you as a celebrity but the police will recognize you as a terrorist," she said and tugged on his sleeve, while he nodded.
 
The cashier looked at him suspiciously, as his eyes never left Xiumin.
 
He warily gave the tickets to Xiumin, and Hae Ra was being pulled away before the cashier could even recognize him.
 
They grabbed their popcorn and drinks, and hurriedly went in.
 
Settling down comfortably in their seats, Xiumin took out the disguises and sighed softly. "This mustache is so itchy," he muttered and frowned, while Hae Ra chuckled in amusement. "Why do you even need to put this mustache and this bushy eyebrows? What are you? James Bond?" she joked and ate her popcorn.
 
Xiumin frowned and stuck his tongue out, then looked at the screen.
 
"I heard that this lady of heart is a comedy, but many people didn't like the ending, I wonder why.." Hae Ra tapped her chin and thought, while Xiumin shrugged his shoulders. "Well just watch."
 
In the middle of the movie, Hae Ra was laughing and giggling non stop, every second digging her hand into the popcorn and popping it into , while Xiumin could only dreamily fixed his gaze on her.
 
To Xiumin, Hae Ra was more of a movie than Lady of Heart.
 
He sighed softly and unknowingly curled a strand of her behind her ear, while Hae Ra glanced at him, laughing. "What are you doing? Watch the movie, not me," she said and burst out laughing together with the rest of the audience.
 
Xiumin leaned down to grab the drink, sipping the coke, while Hae Ra blindly grabbed the coke, with her eyes glued to the screen.
 
She grabbed hold of the coke, and sipping it with the other straw, while Xiumin was still drinking and he dreamily looked at Hae Ra.
 
She could feel a pair of eyes observing her and she looked at Xiumin, their faces just a few centimeters away and she choked on the coke. She pounded on her chest hardly and coughed. "Kim Minseok. What are you doing? Watch the show!" she hissed lowly and frowned, snatching hold of the drink and placed it down, then turning her head towards the direction of the screen, and continued watching.
 
 
 
 
When the movie ended, Hae Ra gawked at the screen as tears rolled down her cheeks, blurring her vision.
Xiumin nudged her. "Hae Ra, let's go, the movie just ended." He dragged her along.
 
Hae Ra sniffed and turned to look at Xiumin. "Did .. Did you see? Lady died. She just literally died!" Hae Ra gawked at the screen and sniffed.
 
"Yes yes I know I know. It's just a show," Xiumin rubbed her shoulders but she just shook her head.
 
"No but.. She just died with that tumour exploding." Hae Ra pointed at the screen, looking between the screen and Xiumin.
 
"The more I think the more I find it a pity and ridiculous. She was about to get married! But she just .. Just left her fiancé like this!"
 
"Hae Ra it's just a show.."
 
"But .. It's a comedy. It's not supposed to be sad. No wonder people didn't like the ending.."
 
"Hae Ra it's just a movie.." He sighed.
 
"But.. She died and she was about to meet her fiancé, and her fiancé was waiting for her but she just died because of that tumour. She left everyone behind.."
 
He sighed and rubbed her shoulders. "Hae Ra-"
 
"But." She wiped her tears clean and took in a deep breath and smiled. "One thing lady heart told us is that, we really need to cherish those around us." She lowered her gaze, looking at the ground, holding onto his hands. "Xiumin, one minute she was laughing and smiling, the other minute the tumour in her brain exploded and she died. She left everybody. She left with regrets. This can happen in reality Xiumin. One minute I can be talking to you about this show and the next minute I'll be gone." She took in a deep breath and sighed.
 
Xiumin raised an eyebrow at her. "Hae Ra? When did you be so emotional because of a movie?"
 
"Because I can relate it to us. It is just like how you lost your memory seven years ago and got it back four months ago, leaving me for seven years.."
 
Xiumin softly sighed and he nodded his head. "Hae Ra. I know. Life is unpredictable. But now I've got my memory back, everything's fine," Xiumin softly whispered, and Hae Ra nodded.
 
"Don't think about it anymore. Let's go somewhere else alright?" Xiumin pecked her cheek and put on his glasses, going out of the cinema.
 
"Xiumin, how many place are we going exactly?" Hae Ra sighed, being led by Xiumin. They've been walking around the shopping mall. Watching movies, playing at the arcade, shopping for food. It seems like Xiumin had planned it all out.
 
He glanced at his watch and smiled. "Hae Ra. If we walk there by foot, we can reach there in time. Let's go." He tugged on Hae Ra's hand and walked out of the shopping mall.
 
"Xiumin, what are you actually doing? Did you plan this out?" Hae Ra frowned while he grinned and nodded. "Well actually, I wanted to bring you to Lotte World. But you know I'm scared. And I wanted to go to Everland, but I'm scared too. Going to spend the time with EXO isn't that romantic, and so I crossed that plan out and-"
 
"To be honest, what plan is this?"
 
"Plan Z.." Xiumin lowered his head down and bit his lip, then quickly smiled and dragged her along, changing the subject. "But it doesn't matter. Let's just go."
 
"Where?"
 
"To the beach," he replied. "To watch the sunset. It's amazing."
 
When they reach the beach, they slowly stepped onto the soft white sand, and heard the current of the waves, calming their nerves. There wasn't many people on the beach, the most were the adults taking one fifth of the beach.
 
They settled themselves, sitting on the sand and they looked at the sun. Hae Ra didn't understand when Xiumin said that they would be seeing the sunset when the sun in still high up in the sky.
 
"Xiumin. What are we seeing actually?" Hae Ra nudged him, while he just sighed softly, lying down. "It's still early. We can just wait."
 
Hae Ra sighed and shook her head in amusement, then hugging her knees as she waited.
She looked around the beach and giggled, as she saw children running around, playing and splashing water.
 
"Hey, Xiumin." Hae Ra nudged him again, and he sat up, looking at the direction where Hae Ra was pointing. "Don't you think that boy is chubby? He's cute isn't it?" She smiled and pointed at him, whe Xiumin rolled his eyes. "Nah. He's just a big lump of cheap flash," he commented, but was being slapped in the arm by Hae Ra. "Aren't you one too? The pot calling the kettle black," she scoffed and looked around, then smiled again.
 
"Hey. Don't you think the old couple is cute?" Hae Ra pointed at the old couple. The old man was on the wheelchair while the old lady was sitting on a bench, smiling as she fed him half of the apple, then ate the other half. Xiumin sat up and shook his head. "Are they really so poor as to share an apple?"
 
Hae Ra laughed and smacked him. He slung his arm over her shoulder, rocking her left to right as they looked at the sea. "Yes yes. They are cute. And I think we would exactly be like them. Just not as poor as to share an apple. Maybe we would share an abalone," Xiumin commented, and laughed at his own joke, while Hae Ra rolled her eyes and elbowed him.
 
"But now, you need to concentrate on you career. Take your career to a higher level. And as for relationships, you can just leave it aside." Hae Ra rested her head on his shoulder, sighing softly. "I didn't know my Hae Ra would be so selfless as to make my career the top priority of my life, instead of you being my first." He smiled, kissing her cheek again.
 
Hae Ra wrinkled her nose at him then smiled. "Well I need to concentrate on my career too right? And if I wasn't so selfless, you wouldn't like me right?" He nodded his head and pecked her cheek. "Yes. And I wouldn't have actually got my memory back because of you."
 
"Nah. It wasn't actually me. It's because of you. Remember you were so nosy as to sneak into my dormitory and you saw the picture of you when you were young? I've checked the web. It's the object that triggered your memory."
 
He sighed softly and smiled. He thought of the past, the years he was in SM Academy before Hae Ra came in.
 
He looked at the sky, seeing the blue sky, to change its colour, fluffy clouds blocking the sun, and minutes later the sun appears again. "Actually life is really unpredictable. What if back then I didn't leave you? Would we still attend SM Academy? What if, I died with the other passengers in the plane crash? What if I had never gotten my memory back? What would happen?"
 
She pressed her lips into a firm line and took in a deep breath. "I just know, you control your own fate. IF you have the detemination to stay alive back then in the sea, you will have the determination to get your memory back. Our memories is just like our past, our history of us. History serves as a mirror that constantly reminds us in order to move forward, we first have to look back for retrospection. And, we are the total sum of our memories and even of just a small part of our past is lost, our life is not complete. So I know, as long as you're alive, regardless ofjwhether you met me, or the picture of yourself when you were long, it's just a matter of time that you find your history, your past, and your memories. Because you will feel uneasy with just a small part of your past is lost," Hae Ra whispered softly, and Xiumin nodded his head. "I know. That's why I need to make use of every single second with you before I go back to China, and you going back to SM Academy." He leaned forward and kissed her, while she ducked and shook her head, sticking a tongue out at him.
 
"Regardless of where we are, no matter how far, we still know that we have each other, right?" Hae Ra asked and he hugged her, nodding his head. "Today will be one of the most memorable days in our lives, alright?" Xiumin asked and looked at the sun, that was finally setting.
 
"Look! The sun!" he pointed and nudged her, while she smiled. Beautiful.
 
"Memories, that will never be forgotten," Xiumjn whispered, and Hae Ra nodded, smiling. He leaned towards Hae Ra, and their lip met again.
 
-----
 

I just completed the story and I have no idea whether to celebrate or mourn.. Anyway! This is the final chapter for Coincidence Memories, glad that all of you could support me till the end :) I really appreciate it, thank you :) and now I'll fully focus on Protecting Angel. [CLICK]

 

Even though it's completed, feel free to read it again whenever you want. After all, comments and subscribers all loved :)

 

And one more thing, THANK YOU once again. Have a good day to all! ^^