Migraines

Coincidence Memories

 

15.
Migraines.
 
A few days after Xiumin found out he was adopted, he was getting headaches, migraines.
"Ugh.." Xiumin groaned and massaged his temples.
"Xiumin, you okay?" Luhan asked and furrowed his eyebrows.
"I'm fine.." Xiumin said while massaging his temples.
 
At this point of time, Hae Ra came running towards them and halt to a stop by using Tao as a brake.
 
She placed her hands on his shoulders and exclaimed, "Good news guys! I have something really great to tell you!"
 
"Maybe not now Hae Ra, Xiumin's getting quite a lot of migraines lately, and he doesn't want to go to the doctor," Kris said worriedly.
"I already said I'm fine, I guess I'm getting migraines lately because I'm just thinking too hard to find my birth par-" Xiumin paused when he said too much.
 
He didn't tell any one of EXO-M or EXO-K (of course) that he was adopted, only Hae Ra knew.
 
"What did you say?" Luhan asked.
"I was saying.. Erm.. I think I wasn't getting enough sleep lately, that caused all those, erm.. Migraines. I'll be fine, after a while."
"Xiumin, you sure you're alright? Don't stress yourself too much. You can find your birth-" Xiumin quickly covered Hae Ra mouth.
 
"You're talking too much Hae Ra.." Xiumin whispered.
 
Hae Ra blushed and mouthed a sorry.
Fortunately, no one was interested in listening to them and was eating their lunch.
 
"Just don't stress too much okay? You need to save your energy for later," Hae Ra smiled.
"You are gonna need all those brain juice and energy when you're gonna debut,"
 
"What? What did you say? We're .. We're gonna debut?! Me and you?!" Xiumin smiled widely.
 
"Is the migraine really affecting your brain functions? Of course not me and you! It's EXO! I'm only here for like .. Half a year? Mr Lee won't let me debut THAT easily." Hae Ra smiled.
 
"EXO's gonna debut?! Really? When?!" Xiumin became more and more excited at the sound of he debuting.
 
At the sentence, Xiumin and Hae Ra's conversation caught the attention of EXO-M.
 
"What?! Hae Ra, we're .. We're gonna debut?! When?!" Kris eagerly asked.
 
Just when Hae Ra was about to answer, she quickly stayed silent.
"Hmm. Why should I tell you guys?" Hae Ra smiled and tapped her chin. "I remembered someone saying not to say anything right now.." Hae Ra pointed out, while eyeing Luhan.
 
Everyone glared at Luhan and frowned.
 
He looked back at them and innocently shrugged. "What? Xiumin was having a migraine.. I just think that, maybe it's not the time to talk about something else right?"
Hae Ra smiled, "Alright, I was just kidding. Just now, I went to-"
 
"Hae Ra!" D.O. waved at her energetically.
 
EXO-M groaned.
 
"I'm getting annoyed by this D.O. guy. Not only did I not know that his eyes could pop out so big unexpectedly, he in person, would also pop out unexpectedly!"
 
"Chen, don't be rude. After all, we're gonna debut as one right?"
 
"But duizhang! Chen's right! He keeps popping out and shouting Hae Ra's name. And he even popped out when Hae Ra was about to tell us when we're gonna debut!"
 
"Luhan.." Kris hissed.
 
D.O. and EXO-K just arrived and fortunately, they didn't hear anything about what EXO-M said.
 
D.O. immediately sat in between Xiumin and Hae Ra.
 
*Gahh! Why does this D.O. guy keep sitting in between Hae Ra and me?! Does he think I'm transparent?!* Xiumin mentally shouted in his mind and wanted to pull his hair. Wait no, now, he wanted to pull D.O.'s hair.
 
"Hi.. D.O." Hae Ra smiled.
 
"D.O.! Can't you see I'm here? Sitting beside Hae Ra?" Xiumin frowned.
 
"Oh hi Xiumin! I just realized you're here! If there isn't any space, you can sit all the way where Lay sits." D.O. smiled and pointed at Lay, then continued to talk to Hae Ra.
 
*What?! You just saw me here?! Excuse me! I came here first! Urgh! DO KYUNGSOO!!!!!* Xiumin gawked at D.O. and stared wide eyed at him, frozen at his spot.
 
Xiumin just stared at him wide open and if EXO were paying attention to him, they will actually see fumes, smoke, gas coming out from both his nostrils and ears.
 
At that time, he had another migraine attack.
He squeezed his eyes shut as he clutched onto his head, breathing in deeply. He bit his lip hard as he silently groaned and winced at how the migraine was affecting his brain. He just couldn't concentrate on his surroundings no matter how hard he shut his eyes.
 
"Xiu.. Xiu.. Xiumin.. Are you okay? I better see you to the doctor, let's go." Hae Ra asked as she was the only one noticing Xiumin having migraine attacks now and stopped talking to D.O., then slowly pulled Xiumin up and went to the doctor's office, before D.O. and Xiumin could say another thing.
 
 
 
 
 
"I said I don't wanna go!" Xiumin was struggling and trying to go back to the canteen despite the pain of the migraine still stuck in his head.
 
"Xiumin! If you can't.. Get rid .. Of your.. Migraines, you .. Wont be able .. To focus to find .. Your birth parents! Ugh!" He Ra tried reasoning with him while pulling him to the doctor's office with him struggling.
 
He stopped and thought, *Maybe .. Hae Ra's right..*
 
"Starting to think I'm right huh? Now let's go!" Hae Ra exclaimed.
 
*Bwoh?! How did she know I was thinking about that?! Does she.. Does she know .. Mindreading?!*
 
-
 
"Doctor, how is he?" Hae Ra asked when Xiumin and the doctor came out of the room.
 
"He's just thinking too much and stressing out, he is also quite deprived of sleep. I'll prescribe some medicine for him to subside the migraines and, tell him to stop stressing out and sleep early," the doctor said, and went to get the medicine.
 
"Yah. Didn't I tell you not to stress out too much? See?" Hae Ra frowned and elbowed Xiumin once the doctor's gone.
 
"Yeah. I know. I'm sorry. I won't think about my parents anymore and I will forever be an orphan. May the god bless me." Xiumin joked and giggled
 
Hae Ra frowned and elbowed him harder this time, making him yelp in pain.
 
"Yah!" 
 
-----